Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

The hostel is a little it away from the center of Brussels, so you have to walk a little bit. But the hostel itself is okay, the beds are okay, and there is a bar where you can enjoy a beer in the evening. But be careful with the breakfast times, it finishes at 10 a. m. and not - as announced - at 11 a. m. I would recommand this hostel.

Staff really nice ans the atmosphere amazing!

Now don't get me wrong, this place is pretty good with a caveat or two. You have to take everything out of your room each day and cart it off to the locker room for storage, and the lockers are pretty beat up. They'll give you a security key almost no questions asked, which was good for me when I was drunk and forgot my card, but bad for security. Nice kitchen and the bar has some really cheap beers. The lockout is ridiculous b/c they don't clean anything. Showers were pretty gross, too.

Hate showers that you have to press buttons for but such is hostel living.

Like many European hostels, it would benefit from adding a small kitchen.

Hi There is a kitchen you can use :)!! Thanks for staying with us :) Franck

Ok hostel, kitchen to use and free breakfast is good. Staff friendly. Far out of the centre a little, but we didn't mind walking.

good location, 5 min by foot from the metro station, people nice and helpful , the only thing that I did not really like was the bathrooms and showers. Breakfast good. good place to stay for a short trip.

Very good youth hostel (not hostel - also schools groups and older people). Nice terrace and breakfast. Only the kitchen should have more small pots (not just one) and a kettle would be desirable.

It is a good hostel close to the city center, they have a nice bar with a very good price! I recommend it!

The hostel its nice but its kind a fae from the center of the city.

Some staffs were nice, but others were really rude. The common room is nice and has a good atmosphere, but the rooms were to simple and the heating was not working. I didn't feel safe when I was in the building without reception.

• 14th May 2014

No lockers, showers were in a different building to the room, there were only blankets and not a duvet. Breakfast was good though

Really nice hostel. Good atmosphere and kind stuff. Really big and safe. It's close to the city Centre. In fact I was walking from the Centre to the hostel and didn't need any trasportation. The only problem I had was that there wasn't any warm water after noon, so I had to take a bath in the morning. Dispite that it's a great value for money.

I did not have a very enjoyable stay at this hostel. When I got to a hostel, I want to feel welcomed, confortable, and hopefully, meet some fellow travelers. Unfortuantely, I did not get that here. This hostel is huge (so it hosts many school groups), and has a very cold, prison-like feel to it. Pros: free breakfast, great wifi, cheap, cool bar (with great prices). Cons: indifferent staff, atmosphere

Cool building, nice breakfast

We stayed in a 4-bed dorm so we had the whole room for us. Everything was in order, clean and tidy. There was a quite good breakfast as well. Great hostel.

the staff helped me a ton to ensure that i got to my train the next day to germany. the showers, bathrooms and beds are what you would expect for a hostel. location isn't to bad if you're lazy and don't like walking or public transport thrn i think you should keep looking.

well, during the time I stayed there were loads of teenagers doing a camping thing I suppose I need to took a queue when hving breakfast..

• 5th May 2014
  • China

I read the reviews in advance and was a little leery. Thus, I was really surprised at how great it was. Maybe I've have bad luck or people have high expectations but I have stayed in many hostels and this is top tier. Staff helped me over 5 times, the bar area is cool, the rooms (albeit in a different building) were fine, and it's located only 15 minutes walk from the heart of the city. Would stay again, quite the deal.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi Thanks for your comment, it shows that comments are sometimes exagerated, and can ruin the effort of the staff. We're glad you had a nice stay with us.

Keep looking