Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Very accommodating staff. They gave me an upgraded room at no extra charge because I was on crutches. Rooms are simple but clean. Standard breakfast. Location is fine, connected well enough by bus. Would stay again.

The Belgian Person at the reception spoke German to me, I thought that was very Kind of them.

Very noisy. Bar open till 02:00a.m. Leaking noises from heater. I could ever hear the whisper next door. Couldn't sleep well!

Location is good, staff is friendly. Wifi available only in common area. To female travellers, be careful when using the public shower. Security need to be enhanced. I can hear the noise from the pub in my room. The leak noise from radiator is annoying.

It worked for the one night we were in the hostel but I wouldn't recommend it. I was in hostels all week and this was probably the worst. It wasn't that it had any major issues just didn't live up to the hostel norm I got used to.

Old hostel, old facility - bathroom are not very clean No wifi in rooms, Only ONE wall socket in a 8-person dorm... unbelievable... No bedside lamp for each person, it would be complete darkness at night if you had some interesting roommates who didn't allow you to turn on the light when it was just 9pm. I dun think it worth 22 euro for a night, will book another hostel for my next stay in Brussels.

Everything was okay except the toilet and shower room. I like the receptionist most. He was very kind and nice.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

The bar and breakfast areas were phenomenal!

you need to have more contacts in the rooms, is difficult if there are 6 beds and there are only 3 contacts.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

the toilets and bathrooms at the main buildings were really too dirty!! the good point is the included breakfast, but again, 25euros for a night is too much for the hostel quality in general!!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Greece

The hostel have a great bar. You can taste several different kinds of beer. The hostel is near of public transport to reach the main spots of cities. We picked a private room. It's nice. Great for group of 3 persons.

The staff were polite and a bit friendly. Breakfast was a bit poor and there was a sign telling you the amount of breakfast you could get (??!!). The room that I've stayed had really old blankets and one of the two plugs required that the sink light was on to work (it bothered everyone in the room when someone tried to leave something to recharge by night). The entire hostel has the potential to be a really good one, but until now it's not. I really am not sure if I wouldn't go back there.

Cons: Our room wasn't in the main building so we didn't have wifi in our room. The room was too cold, the heating system stopped in the middle of the night and there wasn't enough blankets. The bathroom was really old. Pros: The breakfast is good and the staff is really nice.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

the staff is really great! the facilities are pretty old and the rooms and bathrooms not so clean.

Good hostel, but not for longer than 1 night.

This was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• 9th Mar 2015

I would say the location of the hostel isn't exactly ideal since it is about a 25 minute walk from the city centre, which makes it a little harder to return after a late night out when walking wouldn't be ideal late at night. I thought the man working the front desk was very nice, helpful, and accommodating when we had questions or needed something else. This hostel has a fun atmosphere with a bar and the place overall isn't too big. The wifi worked well. There should be soap in the bathrooms.

• 6th Mar 2015

I really like there. Good price and good value

My room was not in the main building, in the floor is was smelling like a toilet not cleaned a long time (but I have to say the toilet was clean). You get linen and thats all they do, there was no one in the room to clean it. In the room were only 2bunk beds and nothing else, no lockers... I liked the bar, it is nice. But its hard to meet other people, thats not the fault of the hostel, it seems like this is normal in Europe hostels.

The staff were very unwelcoming and unhelpful. I needed to continual approach them for help about the hostel and Brussels and all I got was very short answers and never with a smile. The toilets and showers were in separate places and unclean. The shower was cold to warm at best with no control of temperature. Not the most comfortable stay.