Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Toilets were really stinky and not clean at all, the room was also a mess and the fact that the shower is crossing the garden it is not comfortable at all, could be more helpful if you put available some showers nearby to the outside rooms. The kitchen near to the room 5 was also a mess not even clean it was not possible to use it because everything was dirty . The location is not near by the city center as you describe, it take around 30 min walking to get to the hostel.

Hello, Thaks for your comment. We are sorry you didn't find the kitchen cleaned enough. We'd like to mention that the kitchen is cleaned every morning by the staff. After that, every guest is supposed to clean once he has done using the kitchen... Walking distance from the hostel to the Grand'Place is max 20min (see also on g00gle map). We are always ready to show you on a map at the desk the fastest way to go! Kind regards, Virginie

Great staff, very friendly and helpful, but I had to leave my room, climb down stairs to get to the toilet and the showers. The showers and the toilets are also in two separate places so it made it a bit more difficult in the morning. The showers were clean enough but not that nice, and also the crowd was friendly but a bit shady and started chatting at around 7am in the room, so I didn't get much sleep. A good, cheap solution in the city but not much comfort to be found.

Probably a fifteen/twenty minute walk from the city center. Average hostel, nothing overtly wrong with it. Staff was very friendly with me.

I would not recommend for young girls travelling alone, I felt very unsafe around the hostel! But the actual hostel is good, would be great to have some soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands. And need new showers but great staff, breakfast is good

I stayed for one night in this hostel and I slept well. I wouldn't really recommend this hostel as the first one to pick in Brussels. Rooms are very basic and especially the pillows are rubbish, bring your own! The bathrooms have had their best time. Really annoying is that you have to press a button every 20 seconds to have some water in the shower. A shower curtain would help a lot as well. That said, the free breakfast was not impressive but good and the staff was very helpful and friendly

• 8th May 2015
  • Belgium

It could be a bit cleaner, it could had a toilet more and fresher air.

Friendly staff however unclean rooms and no double glazing so woke up shivering

I live in another building across the road. Lockers, laundry and breakfast are in the receiption building. No lockers in the room, very incovenience. Breakfast has ham and cheese. Take at least 20 minutes to walk to the city centre.

It is a good choice when you are looking just for staying/sleeping at the hostel. The comfort is not actually a primary advantage. The staff was great, the location is also good and it is a good deal for staying and visiting Belgium for a couple of days.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Very good service. Good recomendations from the staff about the city. Recomended.

We stay here for 2 days and there is not value for money, Rooms are cold and blankets are not enough we get flu, and buildings are seperate from facilities. but they have a breakfast it was not bad and they have kitchen but not clean very well.

I liked the atmosphere and the facilities in the common spaces. The breakfast was rich although the schedule was limited. It was a lovely surprise to find out there was a concert in the hostel! The room was nice and warm, but I hated the blankets and the shower was broken!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Horrible hostel! Not clean, bathrooms run-down and very far from rooms, no wifi, bad atmosphere. Avoid this hostel!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Hostel's atmosphere was very inviting and the staff was excellent. The only thing I didn't like is bathrooms and toilets were located in the courtyard.

Excellent value! Blew my expectations out of the water! The breakfast was great, staff was awesome (very friendly). I stayed at another hostel in the city (about double the price) and this one was way better! Only two things I could think of is that the showers need a proper shower head, and that there should be more outlets in the rooms! Other than that, it was perfect!

Was amazing... found crazy roomates to partyhard good breakfast great atmosphere...

good value for money!

I think the only problem was the difficulty of finding power outlet to charge the mobile

• 10th Apr 2015

Staff were lovely. Was given a pain au chocolat when I arrived early in the morning by the lovely guy who checked me in and let me leave my bag and sit for a couple of hours before going out :) also when I overstayed my time and was locked out after 11am, the lady at reception had no problem letting me back in. Showers are a little bit weird and a bit of a trek from the room but at least they were warm. I thought the location was good for walking to and from the centre(15/20mins).

Our dorms were across the street from reception building, if you wanted to lock your things up you could only use lockers in reception. Actual room was okay, although had to lift our heavy bags up three flights of stairs. Shower was only luke warm and really grotty and moldy. Wifi worked in the room which was good, and it is in a pretty good central location. Breakfast was very average Would not stay here again.