Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Sheets clean, typical hostel beds, not many power sockets, lockers only close to reception. Restroom "so so", normal showers: fixed shower head, strong jet... hot water? Wait five minutes Personnel at the desk very kind, especially the french girl. Personnel for breakfast kind of bronx style (top tank, "clean-cut" ;)), breakfast decent a part from juice dispenser: yellow water dispenser mostly(!) 20 minutes to city centre People like playing Fast and Furious in the night though; bring ear plugs

The staff was really helpful and the rooms are confortable.

It's not terrible, but you have to climb up 3 floors by the stairs which is a drag. The breakfast is fine, they provide cheese and ham. Some of the people in the staff are not quite polite. One of them got really pissed off when i complained because i had payed to use one of the computers and it didn't work at all.

30 min from Brussels National Airport to the hostel by train and bus, directly to the hostel (bus stop infront of the hostel) 15min walking distance to the grand place,

• 31st Jul 2015

Good hostel. Staff was okay. They were stingy giving out maps, but they did end up giving me one. The rooms were kind of annoying, when you use your keycard there is a loud buzzing noise and wakes up the rest of the room.

My stay was short and the room was perfect, as were the breakfast and bathroom facilities. The staff were generally really friendly and helpful, my only complaint is that one of them did get a little short with me when I arrived because she at first struggled find my reservation number. Having travelled a long distance for a long time, I would have appreciated a little more understanding and a friendlier demeanour.

• 29th Jul 2015

Pretty fun hostel to stay at. Within walking distance from the center of the city, but also the metro is very close if you want to take it. Nice looking place. They gave me a map and said it was the best map for travelers, and they did not lie, it was incredibly helpful!

I had the best time on this Hostel. I definitely recommend! The Atmosphere is great, I met a lot of people and the bar its amazing (Its cheap and lots of variety) and the breakfast its really good! You can go walking to every place. I just took the subway to visit the Atomium.

The wifi signal in the premises was a nightmare. I struggled countless times to keep connected. The signal is restricted to the foyer, that means no internet connection in the bedrooms. Regarding the staff, only two people were friendly: the italian guy who stays at the reception during the night and another young belgian girl. The rest was absolutely unfriendly and, even worse, rude at times. The hostel is very average and, because of that, the prices should be much lower.

Nice bar and room. Good to have a kitchen!

Not the best hostel. About a thirty minute walk from the city center. Kitchen was filthy to the point where you didn't want to cook in it. Bar was nice and had good selection. Showers did not have hot water working, which was rough in the cold weather. If I were to go back to Brussels, I would search for another hostel

Very hot in rooms, if the window was open it was very noisy from the street below. The hostel bar played six loud music it was hard to meet other guests. Location was a little scary at night. Good breakfast though.

DO NOT STAY HERE. Split between 2 dodgy buildings in a dodgy area. Doors don't even close properly so no security, staff unhelpful, tiny rooms, gross bathrooms, cold showers, completely unsocial environment. Don't do it to yourself!

One of the staff members was very helpful, but that's the only good thing I have to say. The hostel is advertised as having wifi, but our room did not and the bar-area wifi was poor. Our blankets were dirty and covered with hair. The bathroom light did not work, I told a desk manager, and he did not fix it. Our door was VERY difficult to open, and one desk manager could not even open it himself. My friend got locked in the bathroom for several minutes once. Terrible experience.

• 24th Jul 2015

So great to stay here, very nice staff and a lot off facilities in the hostel.. I appreciated the free breakfast :)

Couldn't really complain about anything, the lockout between 11 and 3 was a bit of a pain but apart from that this is a decent hostel.

The rooms were like prison cells; not good for hanging out and meeting roommates. The rest of the hostel was nice though. The bar had cheap beer but didn't allow outside alcohol.

The kitchen might not get so dirty if there where shelves for all the dishes. They clean dishes get put on the counter next to all the dirty ones. So if they added a few more shelves, or even had some signs for places to put the dishes on the existing shelves, things might not get so bad in there.

This was a nice hostel. But it was a little strange. No one seemed all that sociable. That would really be my only complaint. I met a couple good people, but for the most part it seem most had no interest in socializing.

I had an amazing stay at this hostel, good staff great atmosphere and good facilities. The wifi didn't worked really well but that was a detail, everything was excellent. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.