Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Cool building, nice breakfast

We stayed in a 4-bed dorm so we had the whole room for us. Everything was in order, clean and tidy. There was a quite good breakfast as well. Great hostel.

the staff helped me a ton to ensure that i got to my train the next day to germany. the showers, bathrooms and beds are what you would expect for a hostel. location isn't to bad if you're lazy and don't like walking or public transport thrn i think you should keep looking.

well, during the time I stayed there were loads of teenagers doing a camping thing I suppose I need to took a queue when hving breakfast..

• 5th May 2014
  • China

I read the reviews in advance and was a little leery. Thus, I was really surprised at how great it was. Maybe I've have bad luck or people have high expectations but I have stayed in many hostels and this is top tier. Staff helped me over 5 times, the bar area is cool, the rooms (albeit in a different building) were fine, and it's located only 15 minutes walk from the heart of the city. Would stay again, quite the deal.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi Thanks for your comment, it shows that comments are sometimes exagerated, and can ruin the effort of the staff. We're glad you had a nice stay with us.

Keep looking

The bathroom was just terrible. Not very clean and horrible shower

Staff was really helpful, hostel was a 15 min walk from the Grand Place, but the only big problem is that it doesnt have lockers. I'd love to see them add this feauture.

nice place with friendly staff. lack in plugs and towels.

Hostel is all right, nothing special but okay if you're just on a city trip and offers the basics you need. Breakfast is good though and was for free.

I expected only adult travellers in the hostel but unfortunately all other rooms on my floor were taken by school trip that was very noisy during the night (running around the corridor, jumping from beds etc.). The hostel is close to the centre and provides breakfast but unfortunately my experience was spoilt by children next door who probably should have not stayed in accommodation that is designed for adults.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Poland

It was great.

It's better to have locker in the room.

Average hostel, not bad, just nothing special. I wish they would be lockers in the room or just those like cages under the bunk beds so you don't have to store your things downstairs.

The locker room seems to be in a real state of mess. There could be a useable TV in the living room. Other than that the place seems nice. There could be some more bathrooms and washrooms available, though I never faced any problems.

The shower in the hostel is pretty bad, as well as the locker room. We were leaving in a private room. The beds and pillows are not comfortable. Overall the hostel is pretty old and dirty. But there is wifi available in the rooms and stuff is quite nice.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Russia

The staff that I dealt with were just not friendly at all. When I arrived at the hostel I walked up to the front desk and was ignored by the person sitting right in front of me until I coughed and said "hello?" I felt like an intrusion, a hassle, very unwelcome. However, other than the staff, I really liked the hostel itself--it has a lovely courtyard and plenty of places to go relax, as well as a bar with Belgian beers which I also enjoyed. The bathroom was kind of dirty. Breakfast was good.

• 17th Apr 2014

One of the best!

One of the worst hostels I've stayed in. Lockers are beat up, had to tug door of one open and it came out with such force it cut and blacked my eye for a week. Staff is not really helpful. Asked for doctor notes to be scanned so I could keep for records on computer, took going through 3 staff members to get it done finally. Some homeless guy took my sheets and pillow 2nd night, I just slept in my sleeping bag rather than ask the staff for anything. Bathroom/ shower is outside of building.

The hostel was a bit inconvenient as it was in two buildings diagonally opposite each other, with reception and facilities only in one which made for a lot of hassle. There was a good kitchen and bar area, but the lighting in the stairwells and hall ways for the rooms was terrible! apart from that it was an enjoyable stay.