Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Fine if you just want to sleep and rooms across the road were quiet which was nice. Staff weren't particularly friendly at all and there wasn't really a social atmosphere, even at the bar on a Saturday night - although the barman played cool music.

Average. Generally a good stay.

We loved our stay at the van gogh really friendly, great atmosphere, awesome bar and bar staff, with laods of Belgiun beers at a real cheap price highly recommend! !

The dorms are nice, with a sink. The floor I was in had two showers, only one of which had hot water and on the first day I went into the wrong one so if it is cold, try the other one. The breakfast is good and there is a good choice. The atmosphere was really good, as I was there on the evening that Belgium played in the world cup.

There was wifi in my room which was good considering I was in a building down the street from the main hostel. Good vibes at night, I met some great people here. Really close to the metro and the directions the hostel gave were easy to fallow. Room was clean. My only complaints would be getting kicked out of the rooms from 11-3 everyday (it was raining the whole time I was there) and the fact that the showers only had COLD water. Otherwise, fun place!

In my observation over a night stay things looked pretty decent.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • India

The location of the hostel was really great: just around the corner from La Botanique & a twenty minute walk from Grand Place. It was also a close walk to Bruxelles-Noord and Bruxelles-Centraal. The day staff was really great and friendly, even after having a lot of trouble with my key cards. The night staff was a little less enthusiastic. The bar has a great selection of beers,but unlike most other bars, it closes at 12am. The facilities are communal, but cleanliness was lacking.

The staff were absolutely amazing! The best I had my entire trip backpacking through Europe. Seriously chill and super open minded folks - thanks guys :) you rock it

• 26th Jun 2014

Great place, extremely helpful staff - facilities were pleasant

nice bar,nice vibe, nice avarge hostel i liked it

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »