Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab) Reviews

rue Traversiere 8, 1210 Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium

Decent hostel... nothing spectacular by any means. Would try other hostels in Belgium before going back to this but would have no problems returning if it came down to it.

The showers where awful, and only two toilets for so many people is not good. Good service

The main advantage of the hostel is its location. It's about 20 mins' walk form the Grand-Place, there's also a metro station nearby. However I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. When we arrived nobody even showed us around the place. We even had to look for bathrooms and toilets ourselves. Our room was located in a separate building so to have a shower we had to go ouside. Not really comfortable especially when it's cold. In the kitchen there wasn't even a kettle to boil the water.

It is out of the city centre but near to the metro and trainstation Noord. The room was okay, the bed was comfortable. The staff was helpful and kind. The only problem was the breakfast... Damn! Worst ever! I asked for a coffee, I got one, but I would not consider it as a coffee. So the breakfast was quiet poor for the money I paid.

Smelly room, douches didn't invite to take a shower. Partyband played until 23.30h, sink was making noise at various moments. Walls between rooms are made of cupboard, woke up at 2.30 of a neighbor's call. Glad that I was wearing earplugs. Breakfast cheapest of the cheapest.

• 30th May 2015

Very nice hostel and they had a great free breakfast. Everyone was super friendly and easy to talk to. Staff was very nice and friendly. Would stay there again and recommend.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »