Youth Station Hostel - Rome - Reviews

Via Livorno n� 5, Rome, Italy

Please ensure bedding is clean and free of stains and/or holes. There is a bedbug problem that affected a friend of mine while we stayed here. The rooms were cheap and I wasn't expecting much, but sanitation conditions could have been better.

• 10th Oct 2014

They cheated us because I booked 2 persons in 6 Dorm room and it was 8 persons in the room .The Room was very dirty and smell so bad and nobody cares about it .No window in the room of 8 person. Bathroom very small and smell so bad.I saw bugs by myself in the bed and I got bitten many times.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Egypt

Hostwl is very close to Bologna station, however the bunks squeaked and rocked when you rolled over and the mattresses were springy and very lumpy and uncomfortable. In our room there was an emergency exit that a guest kept leaving open so anyone could walk in, staff did tell her not to but couldn't enforce it, lockers too small & bathroom very small and had mould and mildew. Almost no atmosphere but staff did try to help.

I chose the hostel because I had to get a bus early in the morning from Tiburtina (which is close) and it said it's open 24/7. Well it's not-my plane had an unexpected delay and I just caught the last shuttle from Fiumicino and arrived around half past 1 instead of 11pm at the hostel.They had already mailed me where I was (luckily the shuttle had wifi!) and said they wouldn't let me in because I was late.Luckily they still let me in and told me that the person doing the night shift was sick

You wrote in your reservation that you were arriving at 9.00 PM. You checked in at 2.00 AM in the morning. We kept the bed for you instead of sell it to someone else after you did a 5 hours delay!!! If you write a time of arrival and you show up 4 hours later, you should be more than happy that after 5 hours we keep your bed...you should thanks us instead of complain

Stayed in order to be close to the Tiburtina bus station. The hostel is a long way from the tourist sights of Rome, and was very basic and old compared to other hostels in the city.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Youth Station is a nice place to stay, to meet people and chill in Rome. I appreciate the attention from Tiziana, she helped me and was really nice. I would recommend it to my friends!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Argentina

An ok hostel. Staff weren't very friendly at all and the facilities weren't as good as they make them out to be. Bed was extremely uncomfortable and noisy, so I'm glad I only spent one night. Would be 100x better if they paid attention to the small things.

No AC, shower sucks, and internet was terrible, mostly due to the fact that they don't know how Internet works. Just because you plug another router in the wall and lights turn on, your WiFi isn't any better morons... And when you have a limited network, when someone complains about it not working, hitting reset does nothing but kick everyone off, then redistribute IP's. Please get someone educated to set up your second router. No ethernet cord = no point in having it.

Cool location...nice staff and cheap price. It worths the price.

• 30th Jul 2014

Especially the loud boss of the Hostel enjoyed me. He came each afternoon and shouted at his employes although I wasn't sure he was cross or just a VERY loud person! Otherwise the hostel was very quiet and the receptionists seemed quite friendly, but they did seem very intimidated by their boss. I felt a little sorry. Generally the atmosphere wasn't very warm or welcoming and these fights made it even less. Otherwise the hostel offers what a hostel should. bathroom in each room, wifi, kitchen..

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Very disappointing hostel. The kitchen was very dirty and small. Only one person can cook at a time. Hardly any appliances. This hostel is nothing like what the website shows. So false advertising. The only good thing is it's in a good location, right on the subway that takes you to the main tourist attractions.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Room and walls were very dirty. Air conditioning didnt work and only one window in a room of 8 wasn't enough. Bathroom very small with no ventilation. "Kitchen" was filthy. Wifi was terrible in the common area and non existent in the room. No working desktop computers. Can't take keys out of the hostel b/c apparently people would lose them (hint: just charge a deposit for them). Beds very small, high bunks with no ladders. Staff was atrocious, didn't seem to care. Don't waste your money here!

Rooms smell so bad and nobody cares about it.There are too many things but the only good thing about this hostel was it was close to collesium 10 mins by METRO

When we first arrived, the woman who works here was great! There are two Indian men, one who is extremely rude, and the other is just quiet. If you are planning on staying at this hostel and want to stay up late in the kitchen, the staff doesn't let you. They turn the lights off and tell you to go to sleep. Location wise, it is right outside of the Bologna train station. Just make sure you go out of the correct stairwell. There are a lot of stores to go to and a cool bar across the street.

Very nice place to Stay. Cheap and confortable. Wifi and free computer available. Thanks to the helpfull staff for the great advices about the night life.

• 14th Jul 2014

I reserved 6 dorm but thry gave me 8 dorm without any explaination. He said he cant give a refund or change room. I had to listen others review worst hostel ever

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

We read a lot of bad reviews from this hostel but we absolutely loved it. Anyone who says it isn't clean clearly has unrealistically high standards of hostel! The owners are lovely, the wifi is great, and it is a perfect location, right next to bologna station, so incredibly easy access to the coliseum and the vatican. Great priced food around the area of the hostel as well. Overall we couldn't have had a better stay in rome, we would definitely recommend youth station hostel to any friends!

• 6th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay. Close to a subway line.

• 27th Jun 2014

Can't say I've been to too many places around the world, but this ranks on the bottom of my list. While it might be located near a station, it's pretty far off from anything you'd want to see or do. As for the staff, they won't go out of their way to do anything for you. We got downgraded without any explanation or apology. They got WiFi but it doesn't work at all. The rooms have no form of ventilation so coming for a summer stay is just awful. Really, this place is a must avoid. Really.

The staff is realy nice and the beds are good. The only problem is that the bathroom was dirty, but its not the worst.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7