bAKpAK Gion Hostel Reviews

2-244 Miyagawa Suji, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

It was a basic hostel, but great price to get a clean & comfortable room with heater, nice kitchen to cook my own meals, friendly staff and close to gion-shijo station

A decent hostel at a good price, but its seriously lacking some very basic "hostel" friendly stuff like a luggage room and lockers. I arrived at around 1:30pm and the only staff available did not speak any English. Since they don't have a locker room, I had to leave my backpack by the entrance literally hoping it would be there when I came back. They got three showers only and they are all in the lower floor. I was on the 4th floor, so this can be a bit inconvenient.

Worth for the money and the faciities provided.

Only stayed here one night. Unfortunately, shared the dorm style room with a rude girl who kept the light on and made a lot of noise late into the night. There is also quite a bit of noise from the street. But it was clean and comfortable. Great value for the cost. Would happily stay here again.

The Hostel was very clean and the stuff has been friendly and helpfull. It is located in a backroad so ist also quiet. I recomand this place and it was also recomandet to me.

Excellent price-quality ratio! The beds were comfortable, the location awesome (you can go shopping or to the Kiyomizu-dera by foot and it's next to many bus stations).Excellent price-quality ratio!

• 23rd Dec 2013

Security is the main concern, since there is no separated luggage storage room. Others remain fine. The female staff at the reception speaks good English too.

bAKpAK Gion was great! This was my first hostel experience, and the staff were very nice and helpful. They had tips for good sightseeing areas at the front desk. I got to leave my luggage before check in and after check out so I didn't have to carry it around. The have a decent movie collection if you just want to hang around the hotel for a few hours. It's also within walking distance of several shrines/temples and the whole Gion shopping area. There's also a convenient store nearby for snacks!

Thank you very much all!! We hope to have the chance to meet you again in the future!! We wish you all the best. Sincerely,

Location is very good. But shower-room isn't enough.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for staying with us. I think the system is inconvenient for three shower, but that's enough. The bed price is cheap and shower is free. Thank you for your advice. We will try to make a another shower in the future! Thank you. Yugo

This hostel was fine. Not the greatest, but it wasn't bad. Location is pretty good and the staff is more or less friendly and helpful. Not the cleanest hostel though and the bathrooms are so small that it's really shocking.

The location is the only great thing about this hostel. The staff is made up of one guy who is helpful...when he decided to stay at the hostel during the reception time. It smells everywhere and the cleanliness is poor, especially in toilets. If you don't mind about all these things, you can stay there 'cause is very cheap and good located.

Hello. Thank you very much for staying with us. ? We open 10-22 and cleaning time 12-15. Sorry, we are not open 24 hours reception. But always open to phone an emergency. We do not know about the smells. We do cleaning everyday. Take care. Thank you.

Good place with parking possibility, and with an elevator.