bAKpAK Gion Hostel Reviews

2-244 Miyagawa Suji, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Please check

Suitable for backpackers.

Very conveniently located! Friendly and helpful staff and a clean place to stay! Warm and inviting common room with a kitchen to prepare your own food was a great addition. Would definitely stay again!

Good hostel near Gion (5 min walk). Small calm hostel so easy to meet people. The showers are on the main floor and I would say not a lot of privacy. Could definitely improve but I would recommend it anyway.

I really enjoyed my time in this hostel (4 nights): it was very clean, the rooms are very big, in the center of kyoto in a very nice quarter and it is very cheap. I definitely recommend this hostel.

very good location, near downtown and the main temples. the reception is open only during the day and you cannot do early check-ins

The dormitory room space is big but the room face the main road is very noise . It,s very hard to sleep because the traffic seem to run 24 hours, even at midnignt until 4.am.

Comparing to other hostels in Japan, bakpak Gion is definitely lacking! I believe its quality rating was only warranted given Kyoto's huge shortage of hostels. Reception is NOT 24h (only 10 AM - 9 PM, beware !! I'd suggest leaving your backpack at one of the Gion Shijo coin lockers), which alone is a huge nuisance. Everything is vertical about this place: almost each room is in a different floor, meaning showers (with limited privacy and space) are often 3 sets of stairs away from your room!

The hostel is clean, friendly helpful staff that speak very good English and can direct you to bars/ resturants. Right next door to a train station too which was super handy to get around Kyoto. Great hostel, would recommend it. Personal lockers were also provided for free.

This hostel is awesome! The location is great and I met some awesome people during my time here too. Highly recommended :)

Bakpak's most valuable asset is location. Just a few steps from the train station, a few steps from Gion district, and Nishiki Market. Aside from that, everything else is pretty much average, just OK. The rooftop is closed after 8PM, so I have to go outside to smoke.

Good hostel right in the centre of Gion, close to almost everywhere and right next to a subway station. The rooms were nice and clean and the bathrooms were kept spotless. The staff helped us a lot which we were very grateful for, they went above what they had to which was amazing! Not a party hostel which was what we wanted anyway!

Nice place nice staff!