Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Spain

Had a great stay, actually stayed longer than originally planed very helpful in extending my stay. I did move hostels and come back because they where fully booked one night but staff was very quick to recommend other hostels close. Dorms are comfy and secure. Breakfast wasn't great but there is a bakery right there which is amazing! OH and the beach is so close!!! Location is prefect! Definitely will be going back!

• 29th Mar 2015

very nice, near the beach.

Absolutely wonderful girl working at the counter. Keep her she's awesome.

Went during winter, would be excellent location in summer as it is a close walk to the beach. Otherwise metro to other parts of town. Staff were excellent and helped with sightseeing. Excellent facilities. Full kitchen- shame some people didnt clean after themselves properly. All toilets and showers outside of the room. Would be good to be checked more often. Overall a great stay

Amistat Beach Hostel was amazing. We paid for a four bed room with an ensuite and were so happy. Great people and very close to the beach. I would highly recommend to any of my friends.

Hello and thanks for the awesome comment! It makes us happy to hear that you had a good time with us, really =). We hope to see you all again, maybe this summer! Thank you again, and have safe trips!

The only thing which I didn't like was that at night the common room is closed very early.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • India

Hi there! We just try to follow the rules in the neibourhood and don't make too much noise. 11pm is pretty good time! Thanks for your review and take care!

Near the beach but far from all the monuments and stuff. The hostel overall is very good though

• 19th Mar 2015
  • muhammedmahd
  • Pakistan

Hola and thanks for the comment next time you have to check out better the area of Poblenou, our neighborhood. It's true that is a little bit far from the center, but is a very cultural, historic and interesting area, with lot's of catalan restaurants and bars in the famous main street of Rambla del Poblenou. And don't forget the Beach! only a 3 minute walk from the Hostel! Poblenou Rules!

The experience was far better than I expected since this was my first time staying at a hostel. Staff was super helpful and the hostel's facilities were very high in quality.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Sudan

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed.....

• 19th Feb 2015
  • India

They don't give you a blanket which is stupid because the climate controlled rooms suck, and the deposit is way too much for the key..10 euro, and they don't allow alcohol..other than that it's next to the beach and metro stop so it's very accessible

Hello there! you have blankets for rent available at any time in the front desk for 3'5€ (which is the price that costs us washing them). The deposit of 10€ that all guests pay at the check-in, is for the key and the bed sheets, if you return both at your check-out we give you back the 10€, easy and simple. We don't allow alcohol in the common areas because the law in Spain forbids its consume in any kind of Hostel facilities.Take care and best regards

Amistat is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The cleanliness is incomparable, I mean it. It is cleaner than my own house. Cleaning staff work twice a day, which is very difficult to find in a hostel. Toilets and showers are always clean, it's amazing. The shower room is large and spacious, with some 10 showers, so you'll never have to queue. The rooms have large lockers that are safely locked with key cards, so your belongings are always safe. I'll be back for summer!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - very clean and safe. Nice lockers, sheets provided, free wifi, and breakfast included. Xavier at the front desk was really helpful and gave us tons of great suggestions for stuff to do. It is kind of far from the city center, but very close to the beach and a metro stop, so its very easy to get everywhere around the city. Plus, you get to see a more residential side of the city and experience the city like a local.

• 6th Feb 2015

Hola amigas! thanks for the nice comment!. It was an absolute pleasure having you in Amistat, if you come back to Barcelona, you know where we are. :)

I thought this was a great place! The staff spoke English so it was easy to ask directions and advice on where to go and places to visit. They also have a free map and recommended places to hit, so that was really convenient and nice. The people who stayed there were mostly teens and were pretty cool and friendly. It's a lovely place near the beach and within walking distance from the metro station, so traveling was no big deal. I loved my stay there. Very safe, friendly, and welcoming.

• 19th Jan 2015

Hola and thank's for the nice comments! Hope to see you again soon!

Showers were grotesque; smelled of urine and had absolutely no privacy. Rooms were tiny with no hooks for coats or towels. (However, each bed did have a personal lamp and plug in which was convenient.) Walls are paper thin so you can hear any conversation going on in the room beside you. Only hostel I've ever been to that required additional payment to rent a raty old blanket.

Hello and thanks for your comment, Our clening team cleans the showers at least 3 times a day.

The best Hostel I've stayed. The facilities are really clean with a nice kitchen, nice toilets and reading light with socket in all the beds, also after Mid night the light inside the room does not work only one located to illuminate the floor, it really helps when late people arrive and wake you up. It was so good that I payed attention in the small details like when arriving the attendant only pointed to directions and the way the shower was design you can't get clothes inside the cubicle.

Great place to stay staff excellent people.

• 31st Dec 2014

thanks! hope to see you again soon!

Safety: as good as it gets for a hostel Location: the best. Not far from the centre and just a 5 min stroll away from the coast. Poblenou is a nice, safe and quiet neighborhood. It's also conveniently close to bus stops and subway. Employees: very nice and helpful, always smiling and eager to please. Two of the receptionists could speak Portuguese. Amosphere: not great; little socializing, but that's something YOU have the power to change. Rooms: small, but clean. 9/10 coming back.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • China

Hi there and thank's for your wonderful comment, we hope to see you soon another time.

All good just two issues 1.i got a bit freaked out when I realised you could see the male showers from the lounge area. 2. You need to put pics of the rooms on the booking page,I stayed in another 4 bed room a month previous and it was huge spacious and airy,the bed was ok but I felt very claustrophobic when in bed,I may have booked a private room if I'd known the room was that compact. Other wise my stay was cool

Hola and thaks for your review! Hey! you can NOT see the male showers from the main area! only a foggy shadow! you have a very "creative" imagination my friend! hahahaha... anyway thaks again for the review amigo!

Very nice hostel was very impressed!

We were greeted by their friendly and helpful staff who also gave suggestions on the places to explore in Barcelona along with some amazing city maps made by locals. The hostel is a 5 minutes walk from the Mediterranean Sea which offers a spectacular view of the seaside sunrise. Also, a couple of lanes across, the neighbourhood is as happening as Las Ramblas replete with cheap bars and eating joints. Definitely a great place to stay in Barcelona!

• 7th Nov 2014