Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Spain

Cons - Pretty expensive No alcohol allowed which we did not know until we had to sign the 'terms and conditions' after we had paid Automatic lights turn off after 30 secs so often left in the bathroom in the dark Fridge system doesn't work. When there is 12 people in 1 room, 2 small pull out drawers is not enough Under bed lockers are annoying especially cos my bag didn't fit Pros - Close to the beach Free pasta so make for a cheap meal Showers are quite good Supermarket nesrby

Hi, Many thanks for your feedback. Comments always help us to improve. If you compare the prices with other hostels we are in the average, we are not at all an expensive hostel. About the alcohol law , all our guests are informed about it at the check in time, also recepetion staff give you a document with the hostel rules on it and this law prohibition (made it by the Government, not by us) is posted in a few spots in the hostel. Nice that you enjoyed our FREE PASTA! Regards.

One word, Beach! Definitely coming back here.

Hi!! very glad to hear from you.Take care & keep traveling. Amistat is waiting for you! Amistat Beach Hostel

Had a great experience here. It was my first time staying in a hostel and I wasn't dissapointed. Both my roommates and the staff were all so friendly and welcoming. Help and advice was always on hand if needed. My only criticism would be that the lights turn off after around 30 seconds in the showers and toilets so you have to jump around to make the light sensor notice you, not ideal if your mid-wee. Apart from that, it was clean, rooms were spacious and the security was great.

Hi ! Many thanks for your feedback. Helps us to improve. Nice to hear that you met nice people and also you appreciate our staff that always is willing to help. About the lights please note this is just a system to avoid electricity waste. Sure you understand! Looking foward to see you again my friend! Amistat Beach Hostel

Great place to stay!! Nice size showers for Europe!! Really good food all around. Less than 10 minute walk to a free beautiful beach. Staff was awesome and very helpful. We felt safe at all times. Good neighborhood.

Hi !! nice to hear from you! Make us very happy that you enjoyed your stay. If you come again to Europe, come to visit us! Best wishes. Amistat Beach Hostel.

Lovey location, nice cool bed, free pasta - whats not to like?!

Hi! Nice to hear it! Looking forward to see you again! :) Amistat Beach Hostel

The location is excellent, next to the beach and a lot of cheap places to eat. Rooms need upgrading though. Our bathroom's door could not be closed properly but they never cared to fix it. Also, the bathroom was not cleaned everyday which is unusual for a hostel.

Hi. Many thanks for your opinion. We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We care about our guests accomodation experience and always we do our best to solve the problems that could happen. Our cleaning staff clean at least three times per day the bathroom but when the hostel is fully booked is harder to keep a high quality clean service that normally have. Sorry again for the inconveniences. Best wishes. Amistat Beach Hostel

This being my first hostel experience I thought it was great. The staff was very helpful at every chance

Hi! Nice to hear it! We hope to see you again. Keep traveling! Amistat Beach Hostel

One of the more social hostels I've stayed at. Reception is top notch and friendly. Only downside for me is there is a no drinking rule at the hostel. But it didn't stop me from sneaking some in ;) thanks Amistat for a memorable stay in Barcelona. Will return for sure.

Hi. Thanks for your comment. Only say that the no drinking rule is not from the hostel, but a government law for all hostels in Catalonia. Anyway, we hope to see you soon here!!!!

Really nice clean hostel close to the beach, bit far from the city centre but still easy to get to. Great atmosphere-as a girl travelling alone I felt comfortable and it was really easy to meet people. Great for a chilled out holiday by the beach.

Hi ! Very nice to hear your feedback. We really appreciate it!We hope to see you again :) Amistat Beach Hostel

The location was great for going to the beach, the metro, and the clubs in Barceloneta (which were walking distance). The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only down side was that the shower in our room flooded our floor the first night, so we couldn't use it, and the lights turn off at 11 throughout the hostel.

• 10th Jul 2015

Hola from Amistat. We have to apologize for the flooding from the shower. In other way, the lights turn out at 11 to ensure the rest of the guests. Hope to see you soon again in Amistat.

Great hostel! Great atmosphere and a very helpful staff. Location is hard to beat, eye shot from the beach, walking distance to the city center. Highly recommend!

Thanks amigo! Hope to see you soon back in Amistat!

I would have loved to stay longer and could have if it was just a bit less pricey. Staff and atmosphere were gfreat, the free breakfast and pasta csme in super handy. Only ptpblems were that they kicked us off the balcony at 10pm and the lights automatically turn off at 11:30pm. The vibe was really great though apart from that!

Hello! Thanks for your nice review, our goal is to make you enjoy our Hostel! We close the terrace at 10PM to respect the neighbors's rest, and the lights turn off at 11:30pm so your roomates can sleep. You still have individual lights in your bed :) Thanks and safe trips!

Clean place, free breakfast, and free pasta 24/7 makes this an all-around good place to stay. But they are strict about stuff (ie no alcohol in the hostel, and the terrace where everyone hangs out closes at 10), and it definitely lowered my opinion of this hostel. Close to the beach, though.

Hi ! Many thanks for your comment. We offer FREE PASTA to all our guests to make them happy ;) Please note that alcohol in Hostels is prohibited by the catalonian government. We take care about the rest of our guests, that's why common áreas at 22:00h are close but as you know there are plenty of bars around to hang out, drink and enjoy the night of Barcelona. Sure you understand :) Best wishes, Amistat Beach Hostel

Literally a 5 min walk to the beach and about 20 mins by metro to the city center. Great if you are looking to relax. The pub crawl was my favorite part of the stay. Vinny was the main staffer who led our group. He was friendly, professional, and an amazing host. I went to the pub crawl each night, mostly because I could count on him showing me and my friends a great time. I saw more of Barcelona's night life than I did of the city, and have no regrets. Amazing stay!

• 7th Jul 2015

Hi Nice to hear from you! you have to come back again and discover Barcelona on daytime too :). You will be amazed. Take care Amistat Beach Hostel

I stayed at this hostel for around 10 days, I loved the location, right by the beach, its also right by nice restaurant's and health food shops, the staff are really nice and friendly, I liked that they had cooking facilities and enjoyed making my own meals, the free pasta is helpful too, WiFi is decent, highly recommend this hostel for anyone in Barcelona. only downside was the breakfast, would of been nice to have better quality jam and some soy milk.

Hello friend! Thanks for the nice review :D We like to hear that you liked our Hostel. We will try to improve your recommendations. Safe trips!

The hostel is great if you want to be near the beach. The staff were lovely and helpful. Good cleanliness and great facilities. Plenty of opportunities to meet people and be part of the hostel community if you want to be. Highly recommend.

Hi Many thanks! Our aim is to offer the best Hostel accomodation experience in Barcelona, we work really hard and we are happy that you had had a nice stay! Hope to see you again Amistat Beach Hostel

Great hostel for the most part. The only downside is how early they shut everything down inside the hostel (terrace and common areas). Other than that it's a great place. No complaints

This hostel is located in a great area Far enough out of town to feel like your living with local Spanish people. All the staff are very helpful. Cleanest hostel I've been in quite a while. I will recommend the this hostel to other travellers. Thanks Jared

• 3rd Jul 2015

It was a good hostel, nothing super special about it. I really liked the location it was walking distance from the beach

• 3rd Jul 2015

Hola. Thanks for your comments. We'd like to be a very special Hostel. That's why since the last week we are improving our activities for our guests, like our new collaborative dinner. Hope to see you soon again to enjoy it. Have a nice trip. Amistat Crew.

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Stayed for a week and The atmosphere was sick, everyone just wanted to make friends and hang out which was cool. Location is right near the beach and supermarket. Pub crawls every night. free pasta whenever you want and proper cooking facilities. Rooms were clean and air conditioned. The staff made such an effort to get to know you & help you, they were always enthusiastic which makes you feel at home. Will stay here again for sure. Highly recommend

Hello from Amistat. We are very pleased that you liked so much your stay in Amistat. We try to work hard to satisfy our guests. We hope to see you soon! Amistat Crew.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4