Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Spain

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed.....

• 19th Feb 2015
  • India

They don't give you a blanket which is stupid because the climate controlled rooms suck, and the deposit is way too much for the key..10 euro, and they don't allow alcohol..other than that it's next to the beach and metro stop so it's very accessible

Hello there! you have blankets for rent available at any time in the front desk for 3'5€ (which is the price that costs us washing them). The deposit of 10€ that all guests pay at the check-in, is for the key and the bed sheets, if you return both at your check-out we give you back the 10€, easy and simple. We don't allow alcohol in the common areas because the law in Spain forbids its consume in any kind of Hostel facilities.Take care and best regards

Amistat is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The cleanliness is incomparable, I mean it. It is cleaner than my own house. Cleaning staff work twice a day, which is very difficult to find in a hostel. Toilets and showers are always clean, it's amazing. The shower room is large and spacious, with some 10 showers, so you'll never have to queue. The rooms have large lockers that are safely locked with key cards, so your belongings are always safe. I'll be back for summer!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - very clean and safe. Nice lockers, sheets provided, free wifi, and breakfast included. Xavier at the front desk was really helpful and gave us tons of great suggestions for stuff to do. It is kind of far from the city center, but very close to the beach and a metro stop, so its very easy to get everywhere around the city. Plus, you get to see a more residential side of the city and experience the city like a local.

• 6th Feb 2015

Hola amigas! thanks for the nice comment!. It was an absolute pleasure having you in Amistat, if you come back to Barcelona, you know where we are. :)

I thought this was a great place! The staff spoke English so it was easy to ask directions and advice on where to go and places to visit. They also have a free map and recommended places to hit, so that was really convenient and nice. The people who stayed there were mostly teens and were pretty cool and friendly. It's a lovely place near the beach and within walking distance from the metro station, so traveling was no big deal. I loved my stay there. Very safe, friendly, and welcoming.

• 19th Jan 2015

Hola and thank's for the nice comments! Hope to see you again soon!

Showers were grotesque; smelled of urine and had absolutely no privacy. Rooms were tiny with no hooks for coats or towels. (However, each bed did have a personal lamp and plug in which was convenient.) Walls are paper thin so you can hear any conversation going on in the room beside you. Only hostel I've ever been to that required additional payment to rent a raty old blanket.

Hello and thanks for your comment, Our clening team cleans the showers at least 3 times a day.

The best Hostel I've stayed. The facilities are really clean with a nice kitchen, nice toilets and reading light with socket in all the beds, also after Mid night the light inside the room does not work only one located to illuminate the floor, it really helps when late people arrive and wake you up. It was so good that I payed attention in the small details like when arriving the attendant only pointed to directions and the way the shower was design you can't get clothes inside the cubicle.

Great place to stay staff excellent people.

• 31st Dec 2014

thanks! hope to see you again soon!

Safety: as good as it gets for a hostel Location: the best. Not far from the centre and just a 5 min stroll away from the coast. Poblenou is a nice, safe and quiet neighborhood. It's also conveniently close to bus stops and subway. Employees: very nice and helpful, always smiling and eager to please. Two of the receptionists could speak Portuguese. Amosphere: not great; little socializing, but that's something YOU have the power to change. Rooms: small, but clean. 9/10 coming back.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • China

Hi there and thank's for your wonderful comment, we hope to see you soon another time.

All good just two issues 1.i got a bit freaked out when I realised you could see the male showers from the lounge area. 2. You need to put pics of the rooms on the booking page,I stayed in another 4 bed room a month previous and it was huge spacious and airy,the bed was ok but I felt very claustrophobic when in bed,I may have booked a private room if I'd known the room was that compact. Other wise my stay was cool

Hola and thaks for your review! Hey! you can NOT see the male showers from the main area! only a foggy shadow! you have a very "creative" imagination my friend! hahahaha... anyway thaks again for the review amigo!

Very nice hostel was very impressed!

We were greeted by their friendly and helpful staff who also gave suggestions on the places to explore in Barcelona along with some amazing city maps made by locals. The hostel is a 5 minutes walk from the Mediterranean Sea which offers a spectacular view of the seaside sunrise. Also, a couple of lanes across, the neighbourhood is as happening as Las Ramblas replete with cheap bars and eating joints. Definitely a great place to stay in Barcelona!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • India

The staff here is great! Breakfast is the usual hostel deal - milk bread and nutella. Would definitely recommend this place though. The price was great, facilities were pretty good, and it's in a safe neighborhood. The beach and a metro station are also within reasonable walking distance.

• 7th Nov 2014

Stayed here last week for 2nights. Hostel is clean, funky, near to the beach and metro station, staff are good. Shout out to Vinnie and his wedensday night bar crawl. Hope he finally makes it to Paris one day! Met a few New Zealanders princess, Mia and who're who made our trip all the better! BIG THING - THERE IS AN ALCOHOL BAN AS TEY HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NOISE OVER LAST MONTH SO FOR THAT REASON ALONE I WOULD THIBK TWICE ABOUT STAYING!

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my stay other than the breakfast was not as much as I anticipated however it was free and something to fill our stomachs. The staff is amazing and helpful, super knowledgeable about the city and offered great advice. The hostel organized fun things for the students staying, the location is super close to the metro and although I'm not exactly sure where the city center is because Barcelona is so big, the metro goes everywhere! Awesome hostel :D

Absolutely wonderfull. Everything is great, and the facilities are beatifull

Really nice place perfect to be close to beach and away from tourist land!

It was a great location and price if you want to stay close to the beach! A bit isolated from main areas with restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping (especially stuff open late at night) but the subway is so close. We took cabs back from the clubs on the beach and it was about 10 euros which wasn't bad at all. They also organize nights out with the hostel and the free tours through Sandemans are great! Bathrooms were decently clean but the showers did smell a bit. Overall recommended.

• 27th Oct 2014

Thanks for the nice review! next time you have to check out better the area of Poblenou, our neighborhood. It's true that is a little bit far from the center, but is a very cultural, historic and interesting area, with lot's of catalan restaurants and bars in the famous main street of Rambla del Poblenou, the best way to enjoy the real, non-touristic Barcelona!

The Amistat Beach Hostel was awesome and made my stay in Barcelona quite enjoyable! I was only there for two nights, but I thought the facilities were really clean and everything from rooms, storage, kitchen use, etc. was very well organized! It was also nice to have breakfast included in the stay. It's located closer to the beach than to some downtown attractions, but the metro connection is so close that it was no problem to catch it and be to the Sagrada Familia or park in 15 minutes!

• 27th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in amistat! The staffs are really helpful and friendly. Only 3mins to the beach. Breakfast and common room were really good. But a little bit smelly in the toilet and i suggest them to concern for the cleanness a little more! I would love to agian next time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3