Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel near the beach! No negatives to say! They had free pasta and wii! Would recommend

Hello! We are glad that you enjoyed our Hostel. We really appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again! :) Warm regards, Amistat Beach Hostel

It is a great location if you're spending time at the beach. Otherwise it is about a 45 minute walk to the city center. The showers and restrooms here are about as good as it gets. The rooms are clean but quite small. If someone has their locker open it is difficult to pass through.

Hello! Many thanks for your feedback. It is really important for us to know your opinión. Regarding the distance, it's always a nice walk from our Hostel to the city center but if you are in a rush and you need a quick transport we recommend to take the metro, it takes between 15 to 20 minutes to arrive to city center. Next time also we recommend you to change room if you feel is small for you. The 5 beds dorm is one of the smallest one in our Hostel but the others are quite big. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you come next time to our Hostel please do not hesitate to talk to our recepcionist team for any inconveniences that might you have. We are always there to help our guests. Warm regards, Amistat Beach Hostel

This is an institutional type place and guests comfort isn't their concern. It has as much atmosphere as a hospital cafeteria, blasting the radio all day (manager's order!) does not help in any way. Bedrooms are cramped with bunks so low you can't sit up, zero soundproofing so loud neighbours = no sleep and showers are on a different floor, quite inconvenient. The non-secure internet connection requires signing-in every few minutes. There are much nicer hostels in BCN at better prices.

Hello, We feel sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed 100% your stay. We always try our best to satisfy guest expectations. We are very concern about our guests experience, now in low season could be quite our Hostel but some guests also like to have this quietness. Barcelona is a vibe and exciting city to enjoy and we offer night tours and dinner activity to guests that wants to have fun at afternoon and night. About the music, please note it's hard to satisfy the musical taste of every single person and also if the sound is annoying it's very easy to ask to our receptionist to lower and they will do very pleased. Also they can turn off the music if it borthers. But If nobody ask for it we can't know if it is annoying or not. About bunk beds we understand that you probably will be a very tall person, this beds are designed specially for Hostel users, we will check if anyways in the future we can have higher bunk beds. We recommend you for the next time to book a private room so then you will enjoy a bigger space with standard beds and also shower & bathroom private use and anyone will borther you with the noise. We apologize one more time. We don't like at all when one of our guests have not have a good experience. As you can read our comments mostly of the people has a great/good experience staying with us. Thanks for your feedback. Best regards,

Excelent hostel, but just dont forgive slippers like me.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Come to visit us again and don't forget you slippers otherwise you can always buy them in reception desk. :) Merry Christmas!

Great hostel. Decent location, not quite downtown but a couple blocks away from the main subway line which can take you everywhere. Nice and close to the beach too. The neighborhood is really nice too, i felt pretty safe at night, lots of restaurants and grocery stores nearby too! The hostel itself was good, the breakfast is very simple, toast and cereal. I would suggest renting the blanket too (unless you're there in the summer) cause they only give you a thin sheet.

Hello my friend! Many thanks for your comment. Seems that you had a nice stay. That's amazing! Hoping to see you again. :) Best wishes,

Hotel is really cool and the breakfast is really good and I bet u its more than worth for money. Room is somewhat congested and there should have been some open space in the room. But its more than enough for bachelors.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • India

Thanks you! First we would like to apologize if the room was a bit smaller for you. We have different types and room sizes. All your comments help us to improve! thanks again and keep traveling! :)

I'm not sure if I liked more Barcelona itself or just the hostel... Haha... The hostel has a really great staff that do a great job representing the street it's on amistat (which means friend). The hostel even has activities you can join making the hostel a really friendly atmosphere with people from all over the world. If you're looking for an economical, informational, and friendly place. This Hostel is the spot for a traveller who wants to meet new people and have a worthwhile trip.

• 28th Nov 2015

Hello!! This is more than amazing! We are so happy that you had a great time in our Hostel. Looking forward your visit again. Warm Greetings and wishing you all the best! :)

LOVE the free pasta. It's free food & an excuse to stay in the common area and talk to other travelers. It was my first stay in a hostel and overall, I was very impressed. Though, I wish I would have thought to bring a blanket. The sheet given wasn't very much.

• 25th Nov 2015

Many, many thanks :) We are super happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!! hoping to see you again!! Next time please ask to our receptionist for a blanket. Best wishes,

Awesome Hostel! Some of the cleaner showers I've seen in my time hosteling. Nice big lockers in the room. Free breakfast and free pasta were awesome. Nice location less than 5 minutes from the beach. Would definitely stay again.

Amazing your feedback! Many thanks. Makes us really glad to know that you have had an amazing accomodation experience. Take care and come again to visit us!

During my whole stay there my children running about and yelling on my floor as well as group of loud guys which was very irritating, the facilities were great but the atmosphere wasn't so much. The lights go off in your rooms automatically which kinda made me feel like i was a kid with a bed time. Location is good, and theres free pasta and a decent kitchen

Hello my friend! Many thanks for you comment which one helps us to improve. First of all, sorry if you did not like the atmosphere. Hostel is a social accomodation and it's open for families, single travellers, groups..etc. We care about the atmosphere that's why we organize different type of activities in and out of the Hostel. At 23:00h we close the lights because we want guarantee the rest of our guests but every bed has a light that you can use. Thanks again. Best regards,

Wifi is a little weak and washing machines are expensive but other than that everything was great. Awesome place overall.

Hello my friend! I aplogize for the inconvenience of the wifi, normally it works fine. We will check it out. Nice that you enjoyed our place. Looking forward to host you again. Best regards,

Amistat is a very happy and friendly hostel to stay in

Hi! That's an amazing comment. Hoping to see you again my friend. :)

This hostel is good but what makes it absolutely awesome are the staff. Every single one of them was really nice, they were helpful, they went the extra mile to help in any way they could. The atmosphere was okay, but I was there on sun,mon,tue... But I think it would be a lot better on the weekend. The rooms were good, an outlet for each bed and a lamp! Would definitely recommend.

Hi my friend! Was a pleasure to host you. You are very nice. Hoping to see you again. :D

Very modern clean hostel, close to beach in artisan part of town, have to make your bed when you arrive and a blanket costs more, quite a clinical feel, but very clean, quiet and secure

Many thanks for your feedback. Nice that you like our facilities and Services. Hoping see you again. Best wishes,

Over all very good hostel. Nice friendly staff. More quite then was expected, could be due to slightly off season or alcohol ban on premises

Many thanks for your feedback. Winter is not that busy but still it's a very nice weather to come to BCN. As you know spanish law prohibits the alcohol consumption. Best wishes. Hoping to see you again.

The hostel itself overall was great, I have no complaints about the facilities, but my stay was horrible. There was a group of about 30 young teens who were running, screaming, knocking and slamming doors from over an hour 11:30pm-1am. When I approached the staff over this they said they couldn't do anything about it. There was no control over these kids, which ultimately made my stay horrible. I was very close to checking out and going to a hotel.

Hi! I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at all because of this Group. We try to keep the good atmosphere and the rest of our guests but sometimes it's hard if some guests doesn't cooperate. I hope you understand that we did our best and normally this doesn't happens. Sorry again. Take care.

Staff were amazing, had a great time on halloween and entire stay, free pasta and breakfast was awesome plus that adds a lot of value to already great price hostal. The staff can arrange pretty much anything you need or want to do (airport shuttles, bike rentals, club entry, recommendations). I will definitely be returning on future trips.

• 29th Oct 2015

Hi my friend!! very nice your comment. Make us really glad that you enjoyed our Hostel facilities , services and staff. We keep always offering our best to our guests.

The bathrooms smelled terrible! The lady at the front desk charged me more than I was suppose to pay! The kitchen area could have been cleaner.

Hi! We are really sorry if your did not enjoy some of our facilities. Please note we have a cleaning Service 12h, also when guests use the kitchen or common areas, they have to keep it clean. Please note our prices are indicate when you book . We always indicate the rates and the touristic tax. Thanks for your feedback, it help us to improve. Take care.

I didn't have a positive experience with the first woman I met when arriving at the hostel. She was rude and pretended she didn't know what I was talking about when I told her about my payments. She ignored the fact that I had documents explaining the breakdown of what I paid and how I paid. After this woman left, the two young men that checked me out were polite and respectful! Also, the area was pretty destitute and distant from everything else in Barcelona and the photos were deceiving.

Hi, we are really sorry to hear your feedback. Seems that you had a bad experience with one of our staff. If you read our previous comments you will see that our staff mostly of the time has a very good comments. They alwas try to help and provide a good service and nice vibe. About the distance using the underground we are close to the center. It's a very local neighbourhood not a massive touristic área. Thanks for your comment. Take care.

Helpful staff and value for money

Thanks!! Looking forward to see you again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4