Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Friendly staff organizes nights out every night. Fun and cheap. Very clean, organized, and close to the beach.

• 9th Apr 2014

The staff and facilities were great. Its a very lively hostel. Nice kitchen and bathroom setup. The main thing that bothered me were that the lockers were easily broken in to. There were several lockers with their hinges ripped off the door. Although this is certainly only the fault if the guests, it made me feel insecure, and I left in a hurry. I would recommend getting metal or more sturdy lockers.

• 7th Apr 2014

Thank you for your comment and suggestion. We try to fix everything which have been damaged inmediately, and moreover we will take under consideration your advice. Hope to see you back in Amistat!

Such a good hostel. Great facilities and the staff were fantastic and so helpful

Me and my friend felt that this hostel provided us with everything we wanted in terms of facilities, cleanliness and location, and on top of that the staff were absolutely amazing, full of tips on things to do, where to go and what not to miss - such as the Barcelona sunrise. Loved our stay there and will definitely recommend to others too.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

Great you had an amazing experience in Amistat. Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully we will see you again. Have fun!

Amazing hostel!! The staff are absolutely incredible. Vini and Christina made our trip 1000x better. Definitely do the nightly pub crawls!

Thank you for your great review. We are glad to know you had an amazing stay at Amistat. Hope to see you again!

Great hostel with kitchen and great group activities every night. The location is good in summer (it's near the beach) but a bit off the centre. Good experience overall.

Thank you for your review. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Amistat! We are a bit far from the city centre, but right next to the beach,. You can be downtown with a short ride of 10 minutes by underground. Hope to see you again!

Great hostel! Friendly, good location, good price!

• 23rd Mar 2014

Short but great stay one step from the beach! Super friendly staff!!! Nice breakfast in a common area with talkative people around. I will be back!

best hostel I have ever stayed at!

I wish I was staying a bit longer, the facilities were outstanding, staff helpful and rooms clean. One of the best hostel's I've stayed in.

• 10th Mar 2014

Overall great Hostel. Relatively near the beach, but not too close to the center of town (Las Ramblas area). We ended up using the metro to get to most places (easy, but more expensive than walking :)) If you are staying for a couple of days, I'd recommend getting a 2 or 3 day metro pass. Very clean and new hostel though!

• 8th Mar 2014

The best hostel i've stayed at!!

• 6th Mar 2014

Aside from a few amazing staff members, the majority were rude and cranky. Also, the hostel smelled malodorous our entire stay (6 nights). The showers were acceptable, but the bathrooms often had clogged sinks and toilets that were out of order. Their lounging area was very comfortable, but they had strict rules and curfews. Finally, the wifi connection was terrible which can be problematic for international students that are studying abroad like our group was.

• 6th Mar 2014

Hello and thank you for your opinion. We are sorry that you had a bad impression of our staff members, we really try to do our best and help the guests! About the smell, we clean deeply the hostel every day several times. We are also working on the wifi connection, as it's really new, but you have free computers that you can use the whole day. Thank you again for your time, we will improve to make the stay of our guests the better possible! Safe trips!

The hostel staff was very helpful! They spoke great English and recommended sights to see, restaurants to eat, and called taxis for us all weekend. The location of the hostel was pretty convenient. About a 5 minute cab ride from Opium, a popular club and 5 minute walk from the metro station. My only complaint is that the bathrooms weren't super well cleaned and never had soap availabel to wash your hands. They gave you sheets for free, blankets were 3 euro and towels were 2 euro. Free breakfast!

• 27th Feb 2014

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us your opinion! It's amazing to hear your coments and feel that you loved and enjoyed the hostel and the area as much as we do. Hope to see you again!

This was a nice hostel with excellent staff, good to chill out and also if u like to party at night u can choose too, was good if you like a good backers

Although great facilities absolutely lovely and helpful people at the front desk I was a solo traveller and found this hostel quite hard to meet and talk with new people, definitely not a party type of atmosphere more of a go there with a group of friends chill out keep to yourselves atmosphere. Still a good hostel though

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a comment. We're sorry if the Atmosphere wasn't as you expected. We assume that what happened is that perhaps at that time we only had groups of friends but that was just coincidence. In Amistat see many people making friends here. That's what it means Amistat: Friendship! And we will soon have summer activities again and no longer have excuses for not meeting new people! Hope to see you again! ;)

Honestly its worth the money. Location is a little far from downtown but hey one can't complain much when its near with the beach and the service quality is perfect. Plus the metro covers the distance and a nice walk along the beachside does it pretty well too.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you very much for your comment! We're glad you enjoy at Amistat and hope to see you again! :)

Wifi was good. Staff were really friendly as were the people. The free dinner was brilliant because it brought everyone together and the breakfast was nice. The showers were hot with good pressure. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again!

• 21st Feb 2014

Thanks for all your good comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay in Amistat and hope to see you again! :D

The hostel is very nice, near the beach, the location is excellent. The only thing i didnt like is that you have to pay 3 euros for a blanket and it was winter,

Hi! Thanks for leaving us a comment! We love when you say you liked the hostel and the reason because we charge 3€ for the blanket it's because for hygienic reasons we clean them everytime after use it. Hope to see you again in Amistat! ;)

Very nice atmosphere and very clean rooms. Enough showers and toilets and good cooking facilities. I loved the tea and book corner and the music they played. I stayed in a 6-bed room and didn't have any problems with sleeping, because after 11pm people who wanted to party were obliged to do that in a club, but not in the hostel. I liked my stay very much and would recommend Amistat to everyone else. Its also very close to the beach which is nice even in February! :)

• 19th Feb 2014

Thanks for your comment and hope to see you again in Amistat! ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3