Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Spain

Great location! Close to the attractions, you can find a supermarket nearby which sells really cheap food and just 5 away from the beach! We went to the beach every single day when we stayed there after we hit the down. The stuff was super nice and helpful. Wish they have provided a blanket tho.

HOLA! Thanks for the nice comment! We do have blankets in the front desk, you just have to ask our staff members and the will give you one, Maybe next time :) Anyway, muchas gracias and best regards!

Very nice place to stay, with lovely people. They speak fluent Spanish and English. The breakfast is included in the price, which is definitely an advantage!

• 11th May 2015
  • Belgium

Hey there! Thanks so much for your nice comment. Yes, free breakfast is the best way to start the day! Best regards and safe travels!

So is this a halfway house? Extremely weird group of people staying at the hostel, lots of kids, and no drinking signs everywhere. At 11 pm they shut off all the lights and we got told to be quiet when we were just having fun at 11:30 pm. Extremely annoying we all thought we were freshmen in a dorm again.

• 7th May 2015

Overall I really liked the hostel, one of the best part was the staff which is very kind and helpful! This is nice. I didn't like the size of my room, I'm not complaining never about bedrooms dimensions but that was the most tiny room I ever seen and it created little problems with roomies because for exempe I was out of the room while they packed and the same for them. I like the hostel, is cool. I didn't like the breakfast.

It was a good stay in Amistat hostel. Staff was nice and they guided us for the city tour. However one of my friend lost his shoes from his dorm. This hostel is budget hostel. It includes free breakfast which was nice.

• 1st May 2015
  • India

The service was best! Never expected the atmosphere in such a personal way! Some little details were missing in the room, for example a little wardrobe for the jackets or towel rails in the bathroom. The hostel is situated more away from the city centre than we expected, but therefore we enjoyed the silence and the location next to the beach! All in all: Thank you very much for making our stay in Barcelona that special! :)

This hostel is owesome, the staff is amazing, it would make your time in Barcelona very special !!

• 25th Apr 2015

Thank you very much!!! Making our guests happy is what makes us happy! So we are very happy right now!

Great location next to the beach and a street of great restaurants just a few blocks over. Be wary of the pub crawls, 15E for a shot of vodka is a bit of a ripoff, I think. You're always better off going on your own pub crawl. Beach is a 5 minute walk and the trashy nightclubs about 25 minutes away. Staff are very friendly.

The best hostel I have visited till date. All the facilities are great. Clean, hygienic and very well maintained. The staff is super friendly and really helpful. The location couldn't be better. The hostel is located very close to Sagrada Familia. To add to this, there is a beach right next to the hostel as well where you can relax all day long. The people I met at the hostel were very nice and friendly. And the place is open 24hrs. What more can one ask for!

Oh that's suuuper nice, we are glad you like it that much. Thank you very much and hope to see you soon back in Amistat!

All in all nice place. But the breakfast was pretty lame and unhealthy.

• 15th Apr 2015

Hola thank's for the comment. Our Breakfast consists in coffee, milk, cereals, orange and pinneaple juice, toasts, chocolate, croissants and the most important thing of all: IS FREE! Best regards and hope to see you soon in Barcelona!

Amistat is brand new and super nice! The facilities were all great and my stay was very comfortable. They are a no drinking hostel, which didn't bother me, but I know it bothered other people, so maybe they could advertise that to let people know who are looking to party a little more. Otherwise, the staff was nice and helpful, and it was a five or so minute walk to the beach.

Thank you so much for your nice comment, we are very happy that you like our hostel. Besdt regards, safe travels and Amistat!

great! near the sea.

I rated you guys very well on Trip advisor!

• 10th Apr 2015

oh! thank you :) Muchas gracias:)

This is a pretty good hostel. It's a very nice short walk to a beach that isn't crowded. There's a big kitchen where you can cook your own food if you want which is nice. The rooms and bathrooms are all clean. Its close enough to some clubs that if you miss the last metro at night, you can just have a nice 20 min walk down the beach back to the hostel. The only problem was that it was very close to the center of the city, but the beach made up for that fact

The people at the desk were rude and not very knowledgeable about the area. Also, they don't give you blankets and I was cold all nigh. Im paying to stay overnight so the least I expect is a blanket and not a bed sheet. Never staying here again.

Hi there, We're very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay in Amistat. All of our recepcionists are raised and born in Barcelona, so they know everything about the city. About the rudeness there is no excuse to that. If there is something that we want in Amistat is that the guests feel like home. We have to apologize and we are going to take meassures on that matter, be sure that it wont happen again. About the blankets we rent them in the front desk for 3'5€ Thanks for your comment

Staff wasn't friendly or welcoming. It's a good location to the beach but that's it. No community armosphere either. Not impressed.

Hello and thanks for your comment :) We are very sorry you didn't have a good impression of the staff and the atmosphere. We really work hard to make our guests feel at home. We hope you have nice weekend!

Located in a quiet streat close to the breach. The metro station is not far, otherwise walk to the center is about an hour. The kitchen is equipped with the basics, but one or two more proper knifes for cutting vegetables would be great, as there is only one at the moment which is not very good for it as well. Alcohol is forbidden at the place, but they organize pub crawls etc. Perfect location if you want something a little bit more quiet to relax.

Hola and thanks for the nice review! More kitchen equipment, noticed! In Amistat we try to improve everyday our facilities based in the experience of our guests, so, muchas gracias and safe travels!

Had a great stay, actually stayed longer than originally planed very helpful in extending my stay. I did move hostels and come back because they where fully booked one night but staff was very quick to recommend other hostels close. Dorms are comfy and secure. Breakfast wasn't great but there is a bakery right there which is amazing! OH and the beach is so close!!! Location is prefect! Definitely will be going back!

Hey thanks for your nice comment, it was an absolute pleasure having you in Amistat, if you come back to Barcelona you know where we are, :) Best Regards!

very nice, near the beach.

Hey amigo, thanks for the review! Yeah! that is our signature, nice and near the beatiful beach of Poblenou :)

The staff at Amistat Beach Hostel are some of the most helpful people. If you are unfamiliar with Barcelona, tell them what you are looking for around the city and they will show you the way.

• 28th Mar 2015