Amistat Beach Hostel Reviews

C/ Amistat, 21-23, Barcelona, Spain

Not super close to downtown, but excellent beach access and great people. Would definitely go back!

Staffs in Amistat are extremely kind and helpful. However, It is noisy in the night, because some roommates come back late, and acoustic partition is poor. I'm satisfied with Amistat in all.

Really cool place! New, fun, great atmosphere, meet tons of people. Everything about this place is great...STAY HERE!

I had a great time here. Awesome atmosphere, great kitchen and dorms. Great location. The showers were pretty disgusting though, only complaint.

The hostel was very clean and staff was extremely helpful. Hostel was an easy walk to the beach and the metro. Pub crawls were a blast and kept the party going all night. Beds were clean and washrooms were cleaned often but on a separate floor than the rooms.

• 16th Jul 2014

When we showet up the man in the reception couldnt find out reservation and put us in 12 bed room instead of the 8 bed room we'd booked. We pay'd and went to our room when he came back and said we had to pay more money. We did ondt to realise he had completely over charged us betale he had made some mistake because of the missing booking. In the end we got our money back, but all this took about 2 hosts in the middle of the night. The location is good but the cleaning and the breakfast is bad.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Best Hostel I've stayed at in the last 8 years 😀😀

• 14th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

too many super young children.

Really nice place, close to the beach with friendly staff.

Thank you for your nice review ^_^ Hope to see yoy again!

This hostel is in a good location if you want to be near the beach, but it's not on the most convenient metro line for everything Barcelona has to offer. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are not very clean though that just may have been the other guests in my room. Although I heard there were some security issues in my room before I got there, I had no issues and the staff allowed me to keep my valuables at the desk. Overall a good experience!

great location

Thank you! Hope to see you again! :)

Had the "sweet suite" and it was excellent. Cool room , clean, nice shower , tv and lots of space !!

Great you enjoyed our amazing Sweet Suite. Come back whenever you want! Take care :)

The bathrooms were disgusting. They "clean" them three times a day but a light clean isn't going to get the job done with so many people moving in and out of the rooms each week. More time and effort needs to be placed on that aspect of the hostel.

I had an amazing stay at amistat beach hostel! I was only there for two nights but I had so much fun, and met a lot of really great people! The atmosphere is chill, and the common room and upstairs terrace brings everyone together. They have a great kitchen, and free breakfast in the morning! The facilities were the same as every other hostel I've stayed in. The beach is beautiful and it's literally 2 minutes walking distance! I have no complaints. Awesome place!!!

Hi there! Thank you for your nice comment. We hope to see you again in Amistat Beach Hostel and have more fun! ;)

Staff sponsored activities were great, shelves, lights, and outlets by each bed as well as key card access appreciated. Facilities were excellent, and location, while outside of the main part of town, was great for affordability, plenty to do, beach access, etc. Difficulty using the phone, and rooms were freezing which seemed like a way to get you to rent a blanket. No reason for a room to be uncomfortably cold when the weather outside was so nice. Limited computer/print access when full hostel.

Located near the beach and a metro stop. About 15 minutes from the main city center. Overall, a good hostel with great staff and lots of activities.

Thank you for your review. Nice to see you had a good experience. See you again! :)

First appearance was a bit too "party hostel" for my taste, but Sant Joan was more hectic than average. The school/sports team groups of kids are not a plus in my book.

Great place to go if you're looking to meet people, lots of younger people staying there and lots of activities set up by the hostel that encourages socialness. Big kitchen to cook in with a super market literally around the corner. Common area set up for people to hang out in and eat and meet people. Beautiful beach just down the road. Rooms are a little cramped but comfortable enough. Just make sure you ask them to turn on your AC before you go to bed, it can get a little warm in the rooms

• 23rd Jun 2014

If you look at the website, Amistat seems like it would be an awesome and very fun place. Its not fun. There were huge groups staying in the hostel, which made it extremely difficult to meet new people. There were few outgoing, friendly travelers (which is what I would expect at a hostel). The rooms were the smallest I have ever seen in a hostel. They were either hot and smelly or freezing and smelly. There is supposed to be a free tour- however when we all got there the tour was full...

Hi there! Thanks for your review. Sorry to see you didn't enjoy that much though. At the time you stayed there was only 1 group staying (group=party of at least 12 ppl), but probably a lot of individuals in minigroups of 5-8 ppl. We are glad to welcome both groups and individuals. We clean rooms everyday to keep them as tidy as possible, but sometimes when sharing with 11 people more, some smell is inevitable. There are 2 free walking tours per day, so if you miss one, you can join the other.Thx

Great hostel!! Very close to the beach if that's your main priority. If you want to be close to the city center, then this hostel is a bit far. There is a metro very close by. This hostel is only a little over a year old so it's modern and updated. Clean for the most part except the bathrooms and showers. Rooms were hot without AC. Loved the free breakfast!! Overall awesome hostel! Get the paella dinner!

• 19th Jun 2014