Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Reviews

310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

Stayed for one night. Nice hostel, bathrooms clean, one common area with table tennis, TV... free WiFi, free pancakes coffee tea, mosquitos ;) and free trips (but you have to tip the driver). Without a car - good value... Otherwise a bit too expensive...

This property should be taken off hostel world. I had to leave immediately upon arrival as there was drug activity taking place.

• 24th Sep 2014

If you can - don't stay there. The only positive thing are the free tours but this is actually not enough compensation for what you're experiencing. When I checked in into my room my (really lovely) room mates where hunting a mouse that partly ate the bag from one of the girls. Whilst hunting for the mouse (or mice?) something else ran through the room - a giant cockroach. The bathrooms were no better experience either, moldy, dirty and haven't seem cleaning equipment for a very long time...

Had such a great time at this hostel. Though I didn't take advantage of any of the free torus I met people from all around the world!! Very chill vibe.. I will definitely be back in the future!

• 21st Sep 2014

I felt at home even though I was the only elderly guest. I enjoyed the Iao Needle tour.

Pretty expensive for the facilities available.

LOVED the banana bungalow!!!! the free tours are amazing! so much fun, you meet heaps of people and the staff are great! definitely a social hostel! only downfall was the location- if u dont hire a car or wanna do the tours you're pretty much stuck there... and the bedrooms are SO hot!! Id definitely return though! free pancake breaky was awesome and staff were great! party hostel for sure!

Excellent hostel, had a great time. The free tours are the best! You don't need to hire a car at all, these guys will take you to all the best places on the island. And the tour guides/staff were really friendly, chilled out awesome guys. Also don't let the 10pm sound curfew fool you, this is a serious party hostel.

Great hostel for the value! Great people and staff. The tours they offer for (you tip, almost) free are fantastic.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I was very disappointed in the pricing at this hostel. I called in advance to make sure I and my partner would just pay the 52 $ for us both,

• 2nd Sep 2014

"Free "tours are great! Had a good time, young energetic group. International guests, beautiful women, friendly atmosphere. Party time!

1 2 Next » last »