Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Reviews

310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

The bungy is the bomb. Such an awesome hostel with equally awesome staff! stay here if you know what's good for you. the tour guides are particularly friendly

• 21st Dec 2015

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We like our tour guides too :) Best of luck on your travels and hope to see you again in the future!

very good wifi-availability. 💪👍

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

Glad to hear you were able to access wifi well!

The free trips are such fun and the people and staff are very friendly and welcoming. Couldn't ask for a better hostel to stay in.

• 16th Dec 2015

So happy you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again in the future.

Had a fantastic stay at the hostel, the daily tours are a great asset to the hostel as guests get to see much of the island! The hostel was very clean and friendly, would definitely stay again and recommend it!!

• 15th Dec 2015

Thank you for the kind words and glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly atmosphere! Hope to see you again in the future!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Place was a little older but kept really clean. Really enjoyed the tours and funky little Wailuku! I would recommend to anyone! I'll be back Banana Bungalow!

• 14th Dec 2015

Free keg night really made it for us. We met ppl and made new friends, it was fantastic. Probably should make it 2 kegs though!

Ha perhaps we should! Glad to hear you enjoyed our beer and burger night and our unbeatable atmosphere!

I could easily live at the Banana Bungalow Hostel in Maui. The atmosphere is addicting and makes it almost impossible to stay. The staff is so welcoming and knowledgeable about the sweet spots on the island. I also stayed at the Paia hostel (which is the only other hostel on the island even semi-comparable to the Bungalow), but I would choose the Bungalow every time. Maui is amazing, but this hostel is what made my experience incredible.

• 10th Dec 2015

I enjoyed my stay here

Aloha, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Hope you get a chance to visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Fantastic time, couldn't have asked for more. The atmosphere was exceptional. Next time I'm on Maui, that's definitely where I'll be staying, also where I'll be telling everyone else to stay

• 3rd Nov 2015

Thank you for the kind comments! It was great to have you stay and we hope you make it back soon!

Humble hostel. Nice people. The area seemed a little dodgy... but that was just a vibe. The bed was covered in bed bug smears, but I didn't see any living. I had to leave a couple of days early, so I asked for a refund for my last few nights, but I was referred to a big sign that says "NO REFUNDS".

Thank you for the feedback! Our mattresses are encased with mattress covers so we can detect any issues as soon as they happen! They also protect the mattress from sand and other things which sounds like what you were seeing as we haven't had any issues relating to bed bugs recently. We wash these mattress covers regularly but will be sure to keep a better eye on them. Sorry to hear you had to leave early! We do have a standard no refunds after check in policy. Glad you enjoyed our atmosphere!

A great place with amazing people there, wish i could stay longer!

• 29th Oct 2015

So glad to hear you had a good time! It was a pleasure to have you stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Poorly managed

• 28th Oct 2015

Aloha and thank you for the feedback. We are sorry to hear your stay was anything less than exceptional! If you have any specific feedback on how we can improve, please email us as we are always trying to do things better and make sure everyone has a great experience in Maui and at the Bungalow. Mahalo and good luck on the rest of your travels!

great free tours every day

The hostel had a great staff that were very helpful and fun to be around. It held a great atmosphere with a great setup to hang out and chill.

Banana Bungalo was awesome! Super nice group of people great staff, and the free tours every day are a nice little bonus. Couldn't have asked for more! I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 4th Oct 2015

If you want to see a lot of Maui and do not have a car, then this is the place to stay. Well organized tours take you to wonderful places and during the day by hiking, swimming and playing together a super group feeling develops. In the evening under the banana trees guests and the friendly staff sit together talking and celebrating. I, as a senior, was warmly welcomed and integrated. Guys, you are doing a great job. I had a super time with you. Thanks a lot. Hans Germany 68

Banana Bungalow is a little isolated if you don't have a rental car. There are a couple of nice little cafes up the road but not much choice for sure. The beach is also not close. Even though I met a handful of amazing travelers, overall the vibe wasn't what I was looking for. The dorm was good, the facilities were adequate and clean, there's ample of hang out space but the kitchen wasn't the homeliest. The highlight was the free tours that the hostel offered, covering the islands top spots.

I had the best time ever at the Bungalow! The staff is awesome and friendly. I felt very quickly at ease and at home. I booked for a few nights at first and just kept on extending my stay. The hostel location is not the best as it's not close from the beach but there is a little market, a café and other stores around. And the free tours are the best tours I did ! Super friendly tour guides and they bring you to the coolest places. Since I got back home, all I wish is to go back! Mahalo ✌🏼️

I arrived on a Friday night; free keg night. The party was in full swing and pretty wild. Other nights are more chilled out. The neighborhood is a little sketchy, as gangs are a thing around there. That being said, guest security is always paramount. The free tours are definitely the highlight of this place. Sign up fast or find someone to hitch a ride with and follow that tour van.

TOURS. The tours are phenomenal and go all over the island. Not just driving and looking at stuff. You get out and do cool things all day long. You'll be so tired by the end of it. And the tour guides are all really cool. This hostel is huge. The common areas are expansive. Most of the guests here are 18-24. Many book here for the tours specifically because they can't legally rent a car. It can get very loud here at night. It feels more like a frat house than hostel. 8 bathrooms.