Banana Bungalow Maui Hostel Reviews

310 N. Market St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

Amazing tours, very nice staff. Kitchen closes way too early, not much to do around the hostel.

This is a really cool hostel for having a great time! However the management could put more effort into cleanliness and facilities

The tours and the staff was just amazing!!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Crappy location, nothing to do in the town except one waterfall to see. No nice restaurants or anything. Bathrooms were dirty (I suggest cleaning the urine off the walls in the toilets) and the toilets you had to squeeze to get in they're so cramped. Probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in for quality

Room and commom areas cleaning can improve.

I loved it here, I didn't think I would when I got here but extended my stay. It could definitely be cleaner & the kitchen closes too early. Most of the staff were awesome!! It's a bit far out if you don't have a car but the hostel runs it's own tours which are great fun, thanks to Dan & Cat. It's close to a bus stop otherwise. It's a party hostel & I had a great time & met some awesome people. Thanks guys, turtle kisses 😉

Simply speaking - amazing experience.

All in all this hostel is not bad if you dont care about a clean and hygiene place! the restrooms are terrible and if you dont wear boots you will probaly walk/stay in pee while your brushing your teeths! the room was almost clean, but there is nothing wrong with the rooms.Staff was weird, as it seems that half of the used beds were Staff members - so no one really knew whos working there and who not. that was strange! location and offers were good! Kitchen was dirty and someone ate my food!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Honestly not the cleanest/best facilities, but it is the epitome of island party life! Met some of the best people I know at this place. You become a family. We stay in contact to this day. Tours were UNREAL and made my vacation awesome. Definitely don't stay here if you aren't down to do a little drinking and partying. It is so fun!

The bathrooms were very dirty and not enough and had mold growing in a lot of places, renovation is necessary

• 26th May 2015