Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

2000 Total Reviews

No parking or disabled parking

The internet was on and off

Very enjoyable stay. Pass on my regards. Just say to them that it's from the two old guys from Scotland, they'll know who.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Positive points: The staff was amazingly helpful and offered all their vast knowledge of the city as much as they could. I got some great non-usual recommendations of things to do in Galway and had a great time! Negative points: This hostel is full of groups/Families. It does not have the "hostel feel" and it would be more suitable for larger groups and families because it is run like a hotel more than a hostel.

GREAT location right in the heart of everything. That being said... it can be really loud if you have a street facing room (which we did), as it's literally right across the street from a bar with a good sized patio. It felt clean for a hostel.

Staff was really helpful and friendly, kitchen could be better equipped and cooker was not working properly. But all in all we had a good stay.

• 27th Mar 2014

Loved our stay at Barnacles! Everything was great, wifi, fully equipped kitchen, good information for guided tours and pub crawls! Dorms were clean, showers were a bit small but nothing to complain about! Coming back next month!

Great location. Definitely a party hostel, especially on weekends.

Had a great stay at Barnacles. Staff was very helpful and kind. You are right smack in the middle of Galway and everything the city center has to offer!

• 18th Mar 2014

If you want a great location then stay here! Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I only stayed one night, si I did not get a chance to use the Facilities, but from a glace it looked pretty clean. Would recommend anyone to stay here. Especially if you are young and looking for the party scene.

Had such a great stay. We ended up staying in the apartment, which was fab. The staff were super friendly and fun. Will definitely be back.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Location, Location, Location. Reception was very friendly. Definitely would recommend to fellow travelers.

• 11th Mar 2014

Adequate, but my bed was saggy and the internal walls are thin so it was difficult to sleep at times. The excellent location made up for it though!

Recently stayed at Barnacles Hostel in Galway and it was great. The staff is super nice and you can't beat the location. The twin private room was rather small and damp, but it was not a problem. I would definitely stay here again!

Our second time in Galway. One of the best hostels in Ireland.

Barnacles was a great hostel to stay at. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was awesome! Would definitely stay again.

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in, had one of the best few days of my life in Galway stating in that hostel.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Was a very nice hostel. Staff were friendly and location was amazing! Definably come back

FANTASTIC hostel. I have stayed in a lot of hostels and this is a great one. I have stayed there before and I will definitely stay there again.

• 8th Feb 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to seeing you again ~ Barnacles crew

Everybody was very friendly and helpful, thx

• 7th Feb 2014