8.7
Fabulous 2,858 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 2,858 Total Reviews
Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Located at 10 Quay Street, , Galway.
Ireland
Galway 10 Quay Street
87% 2858
53.2711736 -9.0541581
    Rooms available

21st Nov 2016

The staff was stumped helpful at helping me print something and suggesting a dinner spot when I arrived. My room was clean and quiet and there was plenty of hot water in the shower. I'm not sure my heater was working in my room but I phoned down to reception and she brought a space heater right up that worked like a charm through the night! The location was perfect for getting to all the shops and pubs in the little town of Galway! Also there is a car park like right next door which was helpful!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

Awesome hostel with awesome staff! :) would definitely recommend.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
17th Nov 2016

I just wanted to say the staff on reception were just lovely and a guy with a big beard whose name I think was SEAN was just brilliant, SO helpful!!! Hope the bee keeping works out for him!! Maria.

• pinkdresses
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Nov 2016

Very helpful staff, especially the Kiwi! He was always eager to help us out when we had questions. My only qualm is that the rooms are a TIGHT squeeze and the lockers under the bed is impossible to open when there are even only two people in a quad room.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
9th Nov 2016

Great location and super helpful staff.

• jsammon285030
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
5th Nov 2016
7.7

My stay was fine. I was not happy with the position of my bed in the room. I was put in a top bunk underneath a slanted ceiling. There was also a window and curtain right above my face. I changed my pillow to the other side of the bed and this made it more comfortable. I slept quite well. I was 1st to check into room and staying alone. I think the staff member was a bit unfair to place me in the worst bed in the room.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback. I’m sorry you found your bed uncomfortable initially and fairplay for tweaking your position, good thinking Batman. I sincerely doubt our reception staff would have assigned you a top bunk unnecessarily. More than likely, the more favourable (bottom) bunks were assigned on a “first come first served” basis, where those who booked earlier got a better bed, and the other guests simply did not arrive. In any case, our staff are trained to inform all guests upon check-in that guests can notify reception, at any time, of any issue or problem. If you are staying with us in the future, or any hostel for that matter, please do not hesitate to voice your issues – we’re here to help!  Regards Sean@Barnacles

• India, Male, 25-30
5th Nov 2016

Great place to spend an overnight... Beautiful place... Great nightlife area... Full of pubs and music... Enjoyed thoroughly...

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Oct 2016

Our stay here was great! The staff was very helpful. They gave us many suggestions for restaurants and what to do (all great suggestions) and immediately responded to all of our emails. I ended up leaving my boots at the hostel and within 1 business day, they were in the mail back to me! The only downside is that there is no age limit and my room had 4 people over the age of 60.

Thanks for your review, real nice boots btw. Thanks Seán Barnacles Team

21st Oct 2016
6.3

It's okay for a night or two. They're really weird about alcohol here. I had a beer in the lounge area and a security guard made me dump it out. Also, some other guests told me they had gotten in trouble from staff the night before because they were drinking. Literally first hostel that doesn't approve of alcohol. If you're looking for a really good time in Galway go to either Kinsley or Galway City Hostel. SO much better, I just couldn't get a bed there the last night cause it's so popular.

• USA, Male, 18-24
20th Oct 2016

We stayed one night in a six bedroom suite. The rooms were tight, but the beds were comfy and with enough storage under the bunks. The kitchen was very clean and there was plenty of room for all that got together for dinner! It was great that we were in the heart of the city and were a five minute walk from every activity!