Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Best hostel I've ever stayed in my life. Better than the one at Dublin (same enterprise). In the last day of my staying I got 44€ stolen from my purse in my own bedroom but this was none of the hostel fault. I recommend to lock your stuff in the cage every time you leave the room and every time you go to sleep.

• 28th Mar 2015

Very satisfied how everything worked out! The room was clean, the staff was vert friendly, and perfect location for a night out!

I did not sleep very much, room was quite cramped with people who would get up to go to work, the fact that it was ensuite made it worst because of noise between shower and toilets + broken air extracteur was broken so made even worst noise!

decent hostel, loved the area it was in.

• 19th Mar 2015

I slept one night at Barnacles and it was everything okay, but the second time not! Me and 4 friends (3 guys and 1 girl) booked beds in an 8-bed-room. The hostel is located right in the pedestrian area with pubs everywhere around you. We took some pints in the city and came home at around 2:30. A guy in his fities was not statisfied with how we behaved (which actually wasn't soundless but appropriate for five mates coming home after taking a drink) and we nearly got kicked out. Not for drinking!

• 18th Mar 2015

We had our own private room with a private bathroom, which is so nice for a couple in a hostel! Also it had the perfect location and was really clean :)

Great hostel, perfect location, free breakfast, all the needed amenities, private bathroom in each room! It has the best ratings for a reason

Fantastic hostel with helpful staff, safe and great atmosphere. Best hostel I have stayed at yet

• 13th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel. In thé city center. Just one problem one night thé fire alarm rang and there was nobody at the réception, we tried to find someone during 30 mn I think It s à bit dangerous.

• 1st Mar 2015

This spot is where you want to be in Galway. Stayed elsewhere for the first few days of my stay, and I was missing out. Stay at Barnacles.

Perfect place right in the middle of Galway. Warm place and extremely clean, couldn't believe the cleanliness. Lovely place

• 19th Feb 2015

Heating was not working in the private apartment. But the staff gave us an portable heating device.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Hi our stay at Barnacles was very Central a great location to stay at. Very clean.staff were friendly and very helpfull.we would stay there again no problem.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thanks for staying with us. We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you again soon ~ Barnacles

It was good untill the 2 spanish tourists arrived in at 4 am woke everyone up then proceeded to forcefully flirt with the girl in the room even though she was making obvious efforts to ignore them and go back to sleep,when she closed her eyes and started to doze and ignore them one kissed her out of no were. Very uncomfortable atmosphere and could not sleep after,left as early as I could the next morning.

• 7th Feb 2015

Hi there Sorry to hear about your inconsiderate room mates and the discomfort you experienced from their bad behaviour. This behaviour is not acceptable had you or someone in your room let us know about this at the time we would have removed the men in question. Again we are sorry to hear it spoiled your stay and we hope to get to meet you again under more pleasant circumstances ~ Barnacles

The only thing that needs improvement is the quality of the breakfast Staff, location and set up, in general great

Hi there, thanks for your suggestion about breakfast we are taking on board. We have made additions to our breakfast over the past year and it now includes, 2 types of juice, 2 cereals, fruit salad, teas,/coffee/hot choc and bread and preserves but maybe its time for another relook. Thanks for staying us and kind comments about the other areas ~Barnacles

Wonderful stay as always. The recptionists are so sweet! I must remember their names next time to give them proper kudos. Signed up for 4 girls in a 12 person room and got a 4 person room for the same price. The night porter was a bit rude and intrusive, but we were a bit loud so I can't really complain to much. Will always stay here when in Galway! Wonderful experience once again :) just wish I remembered a hand towel!

Thanks for coming back to us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. ~ Barnacles

I first came four years ago and I liked the confort of the ensuite and the location of the hostel. This time, I have appreciated the brand new kitchen and the breakfast was good. Besides, the staff is always friendly and helpful.

Great to see you again and glad to hear you like our brand new kitchen, we like it too:). We appreciate you returning to us and hope to see you again, and who knows what new stuff we will have done by then. ~ Barnacles crew

The facilities and staff were awesome, but our room was really loud at night due to the bar across the street. There was also a bit of a weird vibe, but that may have been just caused by the people that were there when I was, which I realize is beyond their control.

Thanks for nice message about our staff, this will encourage us to keep working hard to make our guests happy. Our hostel is in a great location in the middle of Latin quarter, near all the great bars, restaurants and cafes and sometimes it can get a little noisy but its still the best location to be in the city. Not sure about the vibe you mention but hopefully all good now:) ~ Barnacles

No hot water in some showers (for three days).

Hi there, thanks for letting us know about water temp in showers during your stay, and I apologise for the discomfort. Had you let us know this while you were staying we would have our maintenance department rectify it asap. Despite this I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and in Galway

Was amazing

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Malawi

Thank you. And we think you are amazing too!:)