Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

The only thing that needs improvement is the quality of the breakfast Staff, location and set up, in general great

Wonderful stay as always. The recptionists are so sweet! I must remember their names next time to give them proper kudos. Signed up for 4 girls in a 12 person room and got a 4 person room for the same price. The night porter was a bit rude and intrusive, but we were a bit loud so I can't really complain to much. Will always stay here when in Galway! Wonderful experience once again :) just wish I remembered a hand towel!

I first came four years ago and I liked the confort of the ensuite and the location of the hostel. This time, I have appreciated the brand new kitchen and the breakfast was good. Besides, the staff is always friendly and helpful.

The facilities and staff were awesome, but our room was really loud at night due to the bar across the street. There was also a bit of a weird vibe, but that may have been just caused by the people that were there when I was, which I realize is beyond their control.

No hot water in some showers (for three days).

Was amazing

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Malawi

Everything is nice. You must stay in here!!!!!!!

The beds were too short and the showers were automatic.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Kiribati

As you would expect for the money.... Good service, secure, warm, hot showers... Rooms quite compact....Gotta be out by 10:30 and you will have housekeeping knocking at the door then pretty much on the button! This is not ideal after a night out! Breakfast is 7-9:30... Wasn't up in time to have it.

• 27th Nov 2014

Hi there, thank you for staying with us. We have a late check out option until 12 noon, so next time let us know you would like a lie in and we will be happy to arrange this for you, and a coffee/tea when you get up :) ~ Barnacles crew

Perfect!!!!

Stayed in the 12 bed for 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday. Some of the nicest staff I have met, really helpful. Location is great as you are in the middle of town. Home feeling common room and a guitar! There can be lots of street noise as there are a couple bars just below. Wasn't too bothersome.

Amazing place to stay. Perfect location to go shopping and also to go sight seeing. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The atmosphere is nice as well. You feel right at home while you're here.

Very nice hostel! I will recommend it and go back there if I need to stay for a night.

• 29th Oct 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay at Barnacles and we will definitely be glad to host you again on your next trip to Galway. Safe travels, hope to see you soon!

Stayed for two nights in a 12 bed mixed room. Nice and helpful staff, good breakfast and a clean kitchen. Very fresh environment. Galway as a city has much to offer, especially if you like night life. We took a day trip to Cliffs of Moher and enjoyed it very much. I really recommend it. And this hostel was the best one of those I've been to on my trip to Ireland. Stay here!

Thanks for the time you took to write us a great review! We're glad to be part of the reason you enjoyed your trip to Galway so much. Best of luck in your travels!

I love your new kitchen!!!

• 27th Oct 2014

It was a very bad night. I was waked up in the middle of the night, by a woman who clamed it was her bed. Staff has made some mistakes with the bed numbers. Me and my friend was just getting talked behind our bags by the woman and staff. I Will never book this hostel again.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I loved this hostel and I would stay again any day. The location was unreal, I watched the huge Halloween parade from my dorm Room! The ensuite bathrooms are really nice too.

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Barnacles so much! Thanks for leaving the great review, we are happy to host you again should you come back to Galway :)

Rooms were nice and clean with good ensuites. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Amazing location!

• 20th Oct 2014

Thanks for the amazing review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back at Barnacles Galway if you are travelling this way again :)

Absolutely loved this hostel and it's location. The lovely girl on reception from Poland was so helpful and the location to all the sights and bars was the highlight. Would definitely recommend this place. Thanks guys :)

We're always happy when we can help make your stay in Galway amazing! Safe travels and hope to see you if you find your way back to Galway sometime :)

Great location opposite the Quays Bar the place you will most likely end up in. Stayed in a 4 bed room with three quiet strangers. On the top bunk a bit of a challenge at 2am at my age. Survived though. Nice breakfast in good company. You have a wire locker under the bed for each person which can be locked so bring a lock. Recommended.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay at Barnacles! Next time we will do everything in our power to make your stay here that much better. Hope to see you back again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3