Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Everything was excellent. The only negative comment I'd make is that the room got very warm at times, the window didn't open too much. Apart from that, fantastic!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff and location were excellent! We got great recommendations and help from staff along the way, and we were able to walk to everything we could think of. However, some guests actually live there and my friend and I were put in a room with some other girls who lived there. It was disgusting, and there was no room for our stuff because these women had taken over most of the limited extra space in the room. The bathroom was covered in pubic hair, and gross toiletries. Very disrespectful.

This hostel was perfect! It was on the Main Street in Galway, making it so easy to get to all the restaurants or any tour buses! The room had a lockers for each person in the room which was really nice and the bed were pretty comfy. The room I stayed in had two toilets and a shower which was awesome! I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Galway!

Great hostel. The bunks are comfortable with individual plugs, lights, and lockers. The bathrooms are regularly cleaned. The kitchen is large and the free breakfast is a standard continental. There weren't a lot of people around when we were there, but there were plenty of spaces to hang out and meet people.

Hostel is in an excellent location right in the centre of town. Our room was small and crowded, just getting through to your bed is uncomfortable. The ensuite bathroom was actually across the hallway. Also, our room was very damp and warm, and since it faced the main street and all it's pubs and activity, opening the window at night wasn't an option. Every morning felt like waking up in a warm fart. I'm sure some of the other rooms are better.

The people working here are super nice. Very helpful and really made me feel welcome and at home.

• 17th Jun 2015

Great people, plenty to do, very helpful staff, very clean, free breakfasts, plenty of plug ins, basically everything you ask for in a hostel.

I had a great time and no problems!

Me and my friend had to share a bed one night due to the mistake of a person switching rooms. Two grown men sharing a mini twin bed is less than comfortable. Coming back at 4 am we were to tired to do anything about it if we even could. In the morning they offered to validate our parking but when we said we parked at a further away lot they merely said oh sorry and nothing was offered for our uncomfortable situation. Great location though.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Very slow checking in . process seems Un necessarily conplex

• 31st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Location was fine for getting there quickly after a night out and just off of the main street in galway. Staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean. Sadly this does not make up for the complete lack of any sleep. Sound carries far too well in this hostel. The floors outside the rooms appear to be made of drumskin. I could hear every footstep of every horrible person going past during the night, some were even kind enough to regale us with songs or bang on our door as they went past

• 30th May 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel is right in the middle of the action, surrounded by bars, restaurants and coffee shops. Staff is very friendly and extremely helpful!

Great location in the middle of everything and nice private room/bathroom that seemed clean. Windows were double paned to help drown out the street noise and worked quite well! Only downfall was some very loud guests, who seemed to think this was a college dorm (doors open and running around from room to room yelling loudly). Granted a fun atmosphere is ok and noise is to be expected, but wish more was done to encourage courtesy for other guests, as I've seen with other hostels.

• 22nd May 2015

Great location , friendly staff, didn't like there were some longterm residents which is fine if there nice but some werent other than that I enjoyed my stay in galway

This hostel was one of the first hostels that we went in where you could definitely tell that they kept the place super clean. when you're traveling you kind of get used to other peoples smells, but this hostel was so nice to come into and smell cleaners, bleach, you knew that they kept things clean. located right on Quay street you barely have to leave the main area. pretty quiet in the dorm considering there is night life right out your window.

I really loved this hostel because of the very central location as well as how clean and organized it was. It was a really nice room and had a nice atmosphere for staying in Galway for a couple days.

Nice hostel, i would recommend it. The only problem is the low wi-fi, sometimes it stops and you need to ask the staff to restart the modem/router. They have free past every sunday night =]. There is always someone who knows how to play the guitar in the living room.

Great place to stay, close to pubs/shopping/food... Check in was guaranteed at 3 however we weren't allowed into our rooms until close to 4... Tough after a long day of traveling.

Very secure hostel. They have guitars a drum box. Everything you could possible ask for a jam between fellow musicians. Bedrooms were cool. Would stay here agan

Excellent hostel in Galway!! I am a musician that was touring through and they had an acoustic guitar, classical guitar, uke, and a cajon available for anyone to use. The staff was very kind and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thanks for all the great music over the past week, we would love to have you stay with us again. Happy travels ~ Barnacles team

« first « Prev 1 2 3