Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Great location opposite the Quays Bar the place you will most likely end up in. Stayed in a 4 bed room with three quiet strangers. On the top bunk a bit of a challenge at 2am at my age. Survived though. Nice breakfast in good company. You have a wire locker under the bed for each person which can be locked so bring a lock. Recommended.

• 17th Oct 2014

Good hostel, located perfectly. Noisy during the night, as it is in the middle of main street.

Great moment in your hostel!

Not a bad hostel at all! Nice rooms (if a bit small), light breakfast included and a welcoming atmosphere. Location is the best part, very central (and they offer some discounts at nearby pubs and restaurants) but not noisy at night at all.

The breakfast was not really good. No option of charge the mobile phone by USB.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Brilliant hostel, friendly staff, only place I ever stay at in Galway

Cheap and cheerful.

• 12th Sep 2014

Rooms are hot and small. Bunk beds are tiny! My boyfriend is only 5 foot 7 and he was too big for the bed. It's uncomfortable and wasn't a nice stay. Is really loud on the weekend as you are on the main pub street in galway.

Superb location, we enjoyed our stay here a lot! Good security and nice atmosphere.

3 days in Barnacles were not the best! Dorms are small, bags are under the loft bed in a cage and it was't possible to get the cage out when someone was lying in the buttom bed! The washing machine was running at night, once I thought a helicopter is in the room when it was doing the spin cycle! Just 1 toilet & 1 shower for 8 people inside the room which is really not insulated!! Only one additional public toilet! But the location in Quay street is perfect and Galway is really nice! Parcing 8€/d

Great hostel. Good facilities/atmosphere pub crawl was fun for a Monday. Staff were friendly and helpful with trip bookings

• 1st Sep 2014

Very well situated hostel. Rooms were cleaned but the cleanliness of the kitchen can be improved...

Good hostel and perfect location...The best Location In Galway...

We had a great stay here, everything was clean, the staff was friendly, and you couldn't ask for a better location! After midnight we were required to show our key cards to prove that we were staying there, so the security was very good as well. Highly recommend if you want to be in the city centre!

• 24th Aug 2014

Very dirty and noisy. I cannot believe Hostelworld says it is one of the best hostels in Ireland !

• 20th Aug 2014

the best hostel in Ireland where I stayed during my holiday

Four of us stayed here at the weekend so booked a four bed. Whilst the room was clean and equipped, it was completely impractical. The window was a skylight which opened all of five inches meaning there was no air in the room. Most concerning was the top bunk under the window which was impossible to sleep in as the roof sloped over it. Room should be a double and not a quad. Main thing going for barnacles is location; amazing! However, hostel is terribly over priced for what you get.

• 16th Aug 2014

Small breakfast room but the rest is very good!

Really enjoyed my stay, might see you again next year!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This was one of my favorite hostels, and I have stayed in a lot. The staff was supper helpful and the location could not have been bettet. If and when I return to Galway, I will definitely stay at barnicles again.

• 8th Aug 2014