Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Veronica went out of her way to make sure my stay was incredible! Much appreciated.

Great service ano very friendly staff

• 30th Jan 2016

Thank you so much! Its great to get this kind of feedback from guests, i hope we can accommodate you again in the future! Thanks again! Barnacles

Nice atmosphere, at the begin the hostel is like a maze.. but by the time is easy to find your way.. nice staff, breakfast not that good.. but didn't bother me... all the pubs and night clubs around... beds are comfortable, showers very good and hot.. great experience.

Hello! Im happy you had a great experience here, mission accomplished! If you have a minute or two, no pressure, can you please let us know by direct email what our breakfast is missing or what we might be able to do to improve on it. We are open to your constructive criticism! Thanks for the review, Barnacles

Modern kitchen is great and location central. Slightly more expensive than other hostels in the area but not entirely worth the extra expense as it's pretty average. Comfy beds and good showers though!

Comfy beds and good showers! Thank you for the review. Barnacles

We booked a 6 person private room, but the room they put us in smelt of damp mould. We asked for a transfer and they apologised and did move ua. But they put us in a shared room, which is not what we booked so a random guy was in with us. We asked for a discount because the shared room was cheaper and they initially said no but the next day after complaining again we got a rounded down discount off the manager. It wasn't terrible but it was badly handled.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Hi there, Im sorry you had to complain more than once. It was our mistake and we apologise. If you are going to be staying with us again in the future, please feel free to send us a direct email and we will see if we can compensate for this error. Hope to see you again and thank you for the feedback. Barnacles

For a solo traveller, it was n excellent hostel to meet people, but also have time to yourself. The staff were very helpful & gave great advice. Thanks :)

Hi! Thanks for the review! Yes, we are lucky to have a hostel in a location where guests can come together and socialize or just find a quiet patch outside a nearby pub. Glad you got the best of both worlds! Staff say "Thanks!" Barnacles

Really clean and modern kitchen. Large dorm rooms with plenty of storage. Right in the middle of the main street but not too noisy. Common room is comfy but could get crowded if the hostel is full. You pay more here compared to other Galway hostels for a little extra comfort- up to you if you think it's worth it.

Our heat was broken in the room but the hostel staff were very quick to provide us with two space heaters which quickly heated up the room.

Hello! Yes, sorry about the heating issue during your stay, i hope it didn't take away from the experience you had in Galway. Let us know if you are staying again and we'll make sure your stay is extra cosy. Thanks for the review! Barnacles

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! Very nice rooms, great location, and very friendly staff!

Mission accomplished! Thank you so much for the review. We want more guests like you...! Hope you had a great time in Galway, hopefully we'll get a chance to accommodate you again :) Barnacles

Great location, perfect for what we needed and price very reasonable

• 14th Jan 2016

No comments. Just excelent.

• 12th Jan 2016

Had a lovely time at Barnacles! Martin at the front desk is the best!

The location is great and the staff is excellent!

Hi, I am not happy at being charged twice for my stay at this hostel. On arriving to Galway I visited the hostel and paid the outstanding balance in cash.The deposit was payed with debit card. However this same amount was debited from my bank account. Not happy..would not recommend this hostel to anyone...

• 2nd Jan 2016

Hi Donal, sounds like you are talking about pre-authorisation which is charge held on your card - we notified you of this in confirmation and terms & conditions. Charge has been automatically released to your account when you paid the balance. It takes few days for the bank to process this, but you should see it back in your bank account soon. Hopefully, we will see you soon again!

Overall the place is good, you can't beat the location. The staff are hit and miss, some go above and beyond while others will tell you they can't help you because they are on break even though they're still sitting behind the desk. Atmosphere is just ok, there's more life just outside the door. They do have discounts for pubs and clubs which is nice. Wifi signal is amazing, which I feel is so underrated in most hostel reviews! Also they have breakfast. Good value

Hi there, thanks for the review! Im happy you like our hostel and that you enjoyed the location, and the atmosphere on Quay Street is second to none! We do have discounts for all the best clubs and pubs and staff pick restaurants. Wifi is almost a basic human right at this stage! Glad you appreciate it. And yeah, we have breakfast. One of our favorite meals actually. Thank you also, for pointing out a slack in staff performance. Anyone in staff uniform and at the desk, should be ready for any guest chat and craic. We will remember what we are here for in the future :) Thanks again for the feedback, get in touch with us before your next visit and we'll see if we can't do something for you ;)

The staff, was very helpful. My first day there, I was early and so I asked if I could leave my stuff secured and they had a place for it, they were then very helpful in telling me their favorite local place to eat and how to get there! I then had a lovely meal and a pleasant stay for the two nights I was there!

Could not possibly ask for a better location as it sits across from one of the best pubs in Galway, the Quays. I loved having the shower in the room, even the big bunk rooms. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

Rooms facing the street are busy till early morning 3am, if somebody wants a peaceful place to sleep. Dont opt for the street facing rooms. Overall a good experience, right at the heart of galway with access to all good pubs/music/restaurants

Location is awesome, cant complain at all, lovely stay

• 27th Dec 2015

Great location , friendly staff .

• 27th Dec 2015