Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Good hostel and perfect location...The best Location In Galway...

the best hostel in Ireland where I stayed during my holiday

Four of us stayed here at the weekend so booked a four bed. Whilst the room was clean and equipped, it was completely impractical. The window was a skylight which opened all of five inches meaning there was no air in the room. Most concerning was the top bunk under the window which was impossible to sleep in as the roof sloped over it. Room should be a double and not a quad. Main thing going for barnacles is location; amazing! However, hostel is terribly over priced for what you get.

• 16th Aug 2014

Small breakfast room but the rest is very good!

Really enjoyed my stay, might see you again next year!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This was one of my favorite hostels, and I have stayed in a lot. The staff was supper helpful and the location could not have been bettet. If and when I return to Galway, I will definitely stay at barnicles again.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Katie14fh2225

Amazing stay at Barnacles, Galway. Great location and even the noise is worth it.

Had a great stay at Barnacles hostel in Galway. Great location, free breakfast, and friendly staff. I recommend it!

I enjoyed my short stay. The staff was kind and helpful. With more time I would have been on one of the free walking tours. The hostel is located in the middle of the main street. Upsides are loads of bars and restaurants close by. Along with it comes naturally some noise, which might be too loud for some. The kitchen is well equipped. Unfortunately there's no 24-hour common area... inside

The room I stayed in was akin to a furnace. My roommates and I sweated all night. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

• 4th Aug 2014

Good spot, right on the main street of Galway. However, the facilities were not great. Very simple place, nothing above average really expect the location.

We stayed during the Galway races and they catered for us extremely well by arranging changing rooms for guests to change as check in wasn't til two. Would gladly stay again any day!

• 30th Jul 2014

Great location and most staff were friendly. Room was teenchy especially for price paid. Constant stream of staff coming in and out of the room from 8 am (it was a private twin room) on the morning we were leaving was really annoying.

• 27th Jul 2014

we had a great time some of us were over from the uk for the first time to Ireland and we cannot praise barnacles hostel enough :) one of the girls it was her birthday and one of the members of staff at barnacles (a blond man) organised a VIP and champagne reception in the stock exchange pub which made it that extra bit special. Thank you to all the staff in barnacles for making our stay a pleasant experience will recommend you highly :)

• 26th Jul 2014

The guys at the reception were very helpful and the location is litterally in the middle of the fun. Had awesome days and of course I ll be there again!!

Great location and super helpful staff. The 12 bed dorm room is really spacious and well lit. Good kitchen, good vibes. Would def stay here again.

Barnacles: first Dublin, now Galway and yet again a very good stay at this hostel. Super centrally located in the middle of busy, little streets in Galway. Close to, yeap, everything. Nice breakfast, a little noisy in the 14-dorm, but we didn't mind. Friendly staff and easy to book your trips at the front desk. We certainly recommend staying at Barnacles!

Room was extremely hot and stuffy, even with window open all day and night. Window only opened about 3 inches.

• 21st Jul 2014

Very friendly staff, good craic and great advice to be had from them. When I left my earrings in one of the 12 bed dorms I rang later that day and the staff posted them to me that evening. I really recommend this hostel.

• 20th Jul 2014

We had an excellent time! It's so close to everything. We had the pleasure to stay in their private apartment behind the hostel for one night of our stay. We wished we had done all 3 in there. It's 3 stories tall and really makes u feel like u are residing in galway. The hostel is great too. Very clean and the staff is so helpful!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4