Barnacles Quay Street Galway City

Fabulous 2890 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2890 Total Reviews

11th Feb 2017

Really enjoyed my stay at Banacles. It's clean and the staff are friendly and approachable. The breakfast was nicer than most hostels and the environment was very livable. I was working remotely in Galway for the week and was able to set up in the kitchen or lounge each day and enjoy the pubs in the evening (just a minute or so walk from the hostel). Would stay here again!

• France, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2017

Barnacles is a very well located hostel in the beautiful county of Galway. The staff is helpful, kind and are always there when you need advice. My friend and I went in a mixed dorm room and the atmosphere in it was lovely! We had a fantastic stay and I will recommend the place to my own friends and family.

20th Jan 2017

Absolutely amazing location, great staff and nice facilities. Definitely recommend!!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

Best location in Galway. Everything was clean, free breakfast.

Thank you for the review, we're glad you took advantage of the breakfast! Hope you enjoyed it. Team@Barnacles

20th Jan 2017

There is only one reason why I won't return to Barnacles. The location is right where you want to be. The staff, most of them, have got your back. The kitchen is amazing and a friendly place to meet people. The lounge is cozy. But for some reason they decided to put carpets on the dorm room floors. Carpets, which have to be absolutely crawling with dirt. My toes crinkle just thinking about it again.

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Thanks for mentioning the location, staff and common areas. We try to keep a good standard all round. As for the carpets... I won't argue in favour of any carpet :) But I CAN assure you these carpets are clean! Our housekeepers knees will testify to this! I am 100% against all breeds of carpet, especially in a hostel/communal environment. But the carpet was voted in, and even though it was a terrible choice, we will NOT let it impact our day to day lives. Soon, we will have a different flooring. A flooring we can be proud of. There is always hope. Take care, Team@Barnacles

• Argentina, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Jan 2017
8.0

Worst shower ever. You had to steadily press a button to get water running, and it wasn't hot enough. Rooms are very small. You can't control the heating, and they turn it on for short time. I went there in winter, so maybe in summer this things don't matter so much. The location is great, and the hostel offers many services: laundry, money exchange, etc. Staff very friendly.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to offer us your feedback. You raise some points about our plumbing and heating. I understand that the shower and the heating system wasn't up to your standard. If you stay with Barnacles again, which you are most welcome to do, remember that all guests are asked to come to reception if they experience any problems or have any issues. We may have been able to investigate and remedy these issues had we known, at the least we could have relocated you to another room or part of the hostel. But, alas, we did not know. I'm sorry you didn’t get the full Barnacles experience this time around but DM us next time and we’ll organise a special reservation package for you. Take care.

• USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017

This was definitely one of my favorite hostels I've been to. The location is perfect, really close to a ton of great shopping, food, pubs with live music--the works! The receptionist was so so helpful in helping us make the most out of our stay in Galway. The Cliffs of Moher tour they offer is a must do!

• Mexico, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Dec 2016

Great Hostel!! Dont choose another one in galway!!

Thank you so much! Mis mejores deseos para Navidad y Año Nuevo! Team@Barnacles

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016
7.4

Had a great time with some cool staff, but then this cranky eastern european chap came on the night shift and closed the lounge area, i didnt find him friendly for this type of job.

Hes a different breed of friendly alright :) Thanks for the review, we appreciate all feedback. Team@Barnacles

• Germany, Couple, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

The hostel is located in the heart of Galway. Pir room was at the back of the building, the room was very clean, but very small. The hostel is clean and the cleaning staff is very friendly when you meet them on the floors. The reception staff was not giving us a welcoming feeling as they where too busy to talk which each other during check in. No city map was handed out and mp offer to gibe us directions.