8.8
Fabulous 2,701 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 2,701 Total Reviews
Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Located at 10 Quay Street, , Galway.
Ireland
Galway 10 Quay Street
88% 2701
53.2711736 -9.0541581
    Rooms available

24th Jun 2016

We had a fabulous experience with the staff at Barnacles. They were very accommodating and helped us switched rooms during our stay to have a private room. They printed tickets for us and gave us great recommendations for the best spots around. We really enjoyed the people and location at Barnacles

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2016

Excellent value for money

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
8.0

Amazing location if you like the fun nightlife and live music ! The facilities like kitchen and common space close by 12 so if you just want to hang out and not disturb your roomates theres no place to really go

• England, Male, 31-40
20th Jun 2016

I was only there for a couple of nights but the staff where very welcoming and friendly. Everyone that stopped there was friendly I was very impressed with the facilities. You do need to be up early if you want to sit down for breakfast though as its very popular. The location is in the heart of all the action which is handy if your there for a while. Next time my stay will be longer

18th Jun 2016
5.7

This is by far my worst hostel experience. I was put into a room with some sort of hen party. Who thought that would be a good idea? In addition to the loudness outside, these drunk girls would argue at all hours of the night. The bathroom was dank, smelled weird, and the toilet wouldn't flush. The rooms were so small that I couldn't even pull out the under bed locker to place my things in. I originally planned to stay for 3 nights but checked out after 1 night. So miserable.

17th Jun 2016
8.0

Decent bed for the night. The room was quite loud because you could hear the activity from the bars. I was a little disappointed that the hostel had no type of event on the night that I stayed there.

15th Jun 2016

AMAZING location, close to everything, overall pretty clean and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast is okay, but everything else was great! Definitely recommend :)

• USA, Female, 41+
15th Jun 2016

My family stayed in a quad room facing Quay St. Nice private bath/shower. Beds had very comfortable mattresses. Location was perfect in the center of all the activity on Quay St. Very noisy with buzzing from the pub crowd (no car traffic allowed) - we chose to keep the windows open for the fun view and the summer breeze. Free ear plugs provided. Everyone in my family slept fine and the noise didn't keep us awake. We would definitely stay here again and recommend.

• LaGingerTumbao
  • USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

Not super clean...beds had hairs in them and only one common toilet for all 100 people outside the rooms which was the only toilet available once you check out. Still, staff was awesome during total chaos and location is grand. I also liked that breakfast was free and all you can't eat--though simple.

• England, Female, 41+
13th Jun 2016

The staff are helpful and friendly , location brilliant , hostel was clean I would go back again . Parking a car was €8 for 24 hrs recommend by the hostel