Fabulous 2,879 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,879 Total Reviews
Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Located at 10 Quay Street, , Galway.
Ireland
Galway 10 Quay Street
86% 2879
53.2711736 -9.0541581
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017

This was definitely one of my favorite hostels I've been to. The location is perfect, really close to a ton of great shopping, food, pubs with live music--the works! The receptionist was so so helpful in helping us make the most out of our stay in Galway. The Cliffs of Moher tour they offer is a must do!

• Mexico, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Dec 2016

Great Hostel!! Dont choose another one in galway!!

Thank you so much! Mis mejores deseos para Navidad y Año Nuevo! Team@Barnacles

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016
7.4

Had a great time with some cool staff, but then this cranky eastern european chap came on the night shift and closed the lounge area, i didnt find him friendly for this type of job.

Hes a different breed of friendly alright :) Thanks for the review, we appreciate all feedback. Team@Barnacles

• Germany, Couple, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

The hostel is located in the heart of Galway. Pir room was at the back of the building, the room was very clean, but very small. The hostel is clean and the cleaning staff is very friendly when you meet them on the floors. The reception staff was not giving us a welcoming feeling as they where too busy to talk which each other during check in. No city map was handed out and mp offer to gibe us directions.

21st Dec 2016

Very well located little hostel. Big kitchen for guests. Bedroom smelled a bit, probably because of the carpet, which wasn't very clean. Why carpet in a hostel bedroom in sucha humid climate? The shower was horrible, cold and crazy water pressure, felt like a car wash. You press the button and it sprays you hard for a minute, really awkward. The room itself was ok, although there was barely enough space to pass between the two bunk beds. I didn't feel very comfortable there.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
16th Dec 2016

Could not think of better location. Right in the heart of all the action. Pleasant staff always willing to help. Very clean sleeping. Would start again as the value for money is fantastic

Fairplay for the review! Its a huge help to all of us here when we get 10/10's :). Thanks for staying, we'd have you again any time !!! Team@Barnacles

15th Dec 2016
6.9

This is a very basic hostel. The shower is such that you have to push it every once in awhile to keep going, but our's took ages to turn off. The bunk beds are a bit unsteady so I could feel every move from the person sleeping above me. The free breakfast is very basic, offering bread, juice and hard boiled eggs. There isn't really an atmosphere of hanging out and meeting other backpackers so if you are alone, I wouldn't recommend staying here. If you are traveling with a group, you will be fine

21st Nov 2016

The staff was stumped helpful at helping me print something and suggesting a dinner spot when I arrived. My room was clean and quiet and there was plenty of hot water in the shower. I'm not sure my heater was working in my room but I phoned down to reception and she brought a space heater right up that worked like a charm through the night! The location was perfect for getting to all the shops and pubs in the little town of Galway! Also there is a car park like right next door which was helpful!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

Awesome hostel with awesome staff! :) would definitely recommend.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
17th Nov 2016

I just wanted to say the staff on reception were just lovely and a guy with a big beard whose name I think was SEAN was just brilliant, SO helpful!!! Hope the bee keeping works out for him!! Maria.