Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Excellent hostel in Galway!! I am a musician that was touring through and they had an acoustic guitar, classical guitar, uke, and a cajon available for anyone to use. The staff was very kind and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thanks for all the great music over the past week, we would love to have you stay with us again. Happy travels ~ Barnacles team

Hostel was great but staff were incredibly rude and there was no need. Be aware that they take full payment from your visa for the first night as a deposit and then refund it a couple of days later.I wasn't expecting to be €150 down as we were paying cash. Turns out that for a few days, I actually paid double until I wait for them to refund me. I've never heard of anyone else using this policy and they didn't even bother explaining it when I made the booming.

• 11th Apr 2015

People, we're very friendly and accomodating. I loved my stay and would stay again in a small room, not the large shared rooms. thanks!

I loved the hostel. Very kind staff.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Colombia

My only gripe was that the wifi was very slow. Everything else was very good. Very comfy, clean, and friendly place.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in my life. Better than the one at Dublin (same enterprise). In the last day of my staying I got 44€ stolen from my purse in my own bedroom but this was none of the hostel fault. I recommend to lock your stuff in the cage every time you leave the room and every time you go to sleep.

• 28th Mar 2015

I wasn't sure what to expect but this place far exceeded my expectations. Amazing staff, amazing location, free breakfast, cozy common room, activities at night and the rooms were clean and the showers were decent. I also liked that you could book day tours to the cliffs with the front desk and the bus comes right to the hostel to pick you up. I am not sure but I believe this is true for other day trip tours as well. Anyway, great place, would stay here again.

Very satisfied how everything worked out! The room was clean, the staff was vert friendly, and perfect location for a night out!

I did not sleep very much, room was quite cramped with people who would get up to go to work, the fact that it was ensuite made it worst because of noise between shower and toilets + broken air extracteur was broken so made even worst noise!

I stayed here one night and it was very pleasant. They had a pretty decent breakfast they offered and the places to store your bags worked well if you bring your own lock along. The bathrooms where nice as well in the 12 room mixed dorm. The staff was friendly and helpful.

decent hostel, loved the area it was in.

• 19th Mar 2015

I slept one night at Barnacles and it was everything okay, but the second time not! Me and 4 friends (3 guys and 1 girl) booked beds in an 8-bed-room. The hostel is located right in the pedestrian area with pubs everywhere around you. We took some pints in the city and came home at around 2:30. A guy in his fities was not statisfied with how we behaved (which actually wasn't soundless but appropriate for five mates coming home after taking a drink) and we nearly got kicked out. Not for drinking!

• 18th Mar 2015

We had our own private room with a private bathroom, which is so nice for a couple in a hostel! Also it had the perfect location and was really clean :)

Great hostel, perfect location, free breakfast, all the needed amenities, private bathroom in each room! It has the best ratings for a reason

Fantastic hostel with helpful staff, safe and great atmosphere. Best hostel I have stayed at yet

• 13th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel. In thé city center. Just one problem one night thé fire alarm rang and there was nobody at the réception, we tried to find someone during 30 mn I think It s à bit dangerous.

• 1st Mar 2015

This spot is where you want to be in Galway. Stayed elsewhere for the first few days of my stay, and I was missing out. Stay at Barnacles.

Perfect place right in the middle of Galway. Warm place and extremely clean, couldn't believe the cleanliness. Lovely place

• 19th Feb 2015

Heating was not working in the private apartment. But the staff gave us an portable heating device.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Hi our stay at Barnacles was very Central a great location to stay at. Very clean.staff were friendly and very helpfull.we would stay there again no problem.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thanks for staying with us. We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. See you again soon ~ Barnacles