Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Amazing place to stay. Perfect location to go shopping and also to go sight seeing. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The atmosphere is nice as well. You feel right at home while you're here.

Very nice hostel! I will recommend it and go back there if I need to stay for a night.

• 29th Oct 2014

Stayed for two nights in a 12 bed mixed room. Nice and helpful staff, good breakfast and a clean kitchen. Very fresh environment. Galway as a city has much to offer, especially if you like night life. We took a day trip to Cliffs of Moher and enjoyed it very much. I really recommend it. And this hostel was the best one of those I've been to on my trip to Ireland. Stay here!

I love your new kitchen!!!

• 27th Oct 2014

It was a very bad night. I was waked up in the middle of the night, by a woman who clamed it was her bed. Staff has made some mistakes with the bed numbers. Me and my friend was just getting talked behind our bags by the woman and staff. I Will never book this hostel again.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I loved this hostel and I would stay again any day. The location was unreal, I watched the huge Halloween parade from my dorm Room! The ensuite bathrooms are really nice too.

Rooms were nice and clean with good ensuites. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Amazing location!

• 20th Oct 2014

Absolutely loved this hostel and it's location. The lovely girl on reception from Poland was so helpful and the location to all the sights and bars was the highlight. Would definitely recommend this place. Thanks guys :)

Great location opposite the Quays Bar the place you will most likely end up in. Stayed in a 4 bed room with three quiet strangers. On the top bunk a bit of a challenge at 2am at my age. Survived though. Nice breakfast in good company. You have a wire locker under the bed for each person which can be locked so bring a lock. Recommended.

• 17th Oct 2014

Good hostel, located perfectly. Noisy during the night, as it is in the middle of main street.

Great moment in your hostel!

Not a bad hostel at all! Nice rooms (if a bit small), light breakfast included and a welcoming atmosphere. Location is the best part, very central (and they offer some discounts at nearby pubs and restaurants) but not noisy at night at all.

The breakfast was not really good. No option of charge the mobile phone by USB.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The hostel was very nice, and the room was clean. The hostel is located in the middle of the entertainment district, which is good, but there is a bar directly across the street from the hostel. It was always noisy when the window was open in the room, and even with earplugs in I wasn't able to fall asleep until the bar closed.

Brilliant hostel, friendly staff, only place I ever stay at in Galway

Cheap and cheerful.

• 12th Sep 2014

Rooms are hot and small. Bunk beds are tiny! My boyfriend is only 5 foot 7 and he was too big for the bed. It's uncomfortable and wasn't a nice stay. Is really loud on the weekend as you are on the main pub street in galway.

Is on a perfect place. The rooms are nice, and not crowded.

Superb location, we enjoyed our stay here a lot! Good security and nice atmosphere.

3 days in Barnacles were not the best! Dorms are small, bags are under the loft bed in a cage and it was't possible to get the cage out when someone was lying in the buttom bed! The washing machine was running at night, once I thought a helicopter is in the room when it was doing the spin cycle! Just 1 toilet & 1 shower for 8 people inside the room which is really not insulated!! Only one additional public toilet! But the location in Quay street is perfect and Galway is really nice! Parcing 8€/d

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4