Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

The bathroom and shower were separate and were very small so it made it difficult to get changed etc. The layout makes it difficult for a social atmosphere. Other than that, typical hostel.

• 27th Jul 2015

This hostel was amazing! Right in the city center, the staff was really friendly & it generally had a nice athmosphere. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who's low budget & wants to feel the Galway life :)

Good location and very friendly staff, but for the price the room was quite dirty and noisy as hell. Average hostel with good location.

Very nice hostel, in a perfect spot and with very kind staff!

Great location in the heart of Galway. Lovely staff. A little warm and a bit noisy on the top floor!

You can really tell that this hostel knows what they're doing. It was really organized and clean, and it was really well kept. The kitchen facilities were really nice as well as the breakfast they provide. I stayed in an 8 person dorm and it was a bit cramped, but there were lockers that slid under the bed to put all your stuff in so that kept it fairly clean. The only downfall is that it is directly on the main street of Galway, so it can be a bit noisy from all the pubs outside at night.

Best location, the street is covered with cute places to eat and so so many shops. The free breakfast, and under bed storage is awesome. This is the best hostel to stay in if you wanna be near the heart of Galway

Had been looking forward to staying here for a long time as I often visit Galway-v. disappointed w/my stay. Room was tiny(couldn't even sit up on my top bunk bed). Leak in our bedroom-staff although friendly just gave us towels as if the leak was expected. Absolutely everything was an extra cost-shower towels , luggage storage after check out. Not even a hand towel in the bathroom. Could hear extractor fan from bedroom. Feel the room was much too small for 4 people especially with slanted roof

Good hostel in a great location. Pleasant and helpful staff. I will stay there again.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great location, clean and organised but noisy as hell due to old building

Very friendly and helpful staff helped us book and rebook tours, find places to eat, and stash our stuff during the day. Went out of their way to assist. Clean facilities, comfy rooms, reliable wifi, modest breakfast. PRIME location in the Latin Quarter - just walk outside to see the best places to eat and shop. Will stay again.

Absolutely great stay! Galway is the best to visit for Tourists. For a town having 70.000 +/- Inhabitants its quite crowded on the weekends thanks to the excellent Pubs/ Bars. Young folk, Students and Backpackers are welcome and you feel home from the first moment.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I had originally booked a 12 mixed dorm but on arrival and the gal up front seeing that I was staying for 2 weeks upgraded me at no charge to a 6 mixed dorm but with girl my whole stay. Having a personal locker cage was nice along with a personal plug and light at bed side. Also huge perks was free breakfast and wifi throughout the building. It seemed very secure as well needing a door key to get in late at night and one at all times to get to the staircase and rooms. Very clean, huge kitchen.

An absolutely fantastic and fun location, perfectly close to all the cool hangout spots and made you feel as though you were really a part of Dublin. Clean, cool, and cozy hostel with really friendly staff!

Great hostel in the heart of Galway! It's situated right on the main shopping and pub street which could be a drawback regarding noise but it wasn't very bad and calmed down after 12. Definetely a recommend!

I booked 1 night at Barnacles and ended up staying 4. The staff was so awesome and so helpful, the location was perfect (whether or not you're looking to party) and it just might have been the cleanest kitchen I've seen through 5 months of travel. If you stay here, you will fall in love with Galway!

Everything was excellent. The only negative comment I'd make is that the room got very warm at times, the window didn't open too much. Apart from that, fantastic!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • lorcankellyy
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great time at Barnacles! Super cute and great location. Also, I must add how awesome they were when my husband accidently left his e-reader behind. We called and got Veronica on the line and she was amazing. She checked the room and found it right where it was left. She worked with us to recover it, check costs of postage to Canada, she mailed it, gave the tracking number and it came the other day. So awesome! Thank you so much Barnacles team, Veronica is awesome!

The staff and location were excellent! We got great recommendations and help from staff along the way, and we were able to walk to everything we could think of. However, some guests actually live there and my friend and I were put in a room with some other girls who lived there. It was disgusting, and there was no room for our stuff because these women had taken over most of the limited extra space in the room. The bathroom was covered in pubic hair, and gross toiletries. Very disrespectful.

This hostel was perfect! It was on the Main Street in Galway, making it so easy to get to all the restaurants or any tour buses! The room had a lockers for each person in the room which was really nice and the bed were pretty comfy. The room I stayed in had two toilets and a shower which was awesome! I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Galway!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4