Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

1998 Total Reviews

I've stayed in hostels all over the world and this was by far the worst experience I ever had and it was purely down to the staff. I approached the reception desk nicely and was greeted coldly with 'Do you want something?'. I asked 'Could I leave a jacket here to be collected by my friend?'. The ignorant man replied 'No.' Then he started to question me whether I was even staying at the hostel. And he refused to take in the jacket until I literally had to beg him.

We are grateful to our guest for giving us feedback about his stay and have corresponded directly with him. We appreciate all guest feedback good or bad, and take it on board it improve our services. We are looking forward to serving this guest again in the future ~ Barnacles Manager

Excellent location, clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Good facilities. Most rooms have lockers.

Military wake up call at 10.10am and every 10mins thereafter was unnecessary..

WE DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL IN VIEW OF ITS FANTASTIC LOCATION, CLEANLINESS AND FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE. MANY THANKS NINA & SŁAWEK

We are glad you had a great time at our hostel and in Galway. Happy travels ~ Barnacles crew

LOVE BARNACLES! Second time I've been back and still feels like a home away from home! Always guaranteed to have an amazing time here; best location, staff are friendly, and excellent communal areas means you're always bound to make new friends! Can't wait for visit number three! Thanks again Barnacles!!! :D

Thank you very much for your kind review. We loved having you stay with us too and hope you made it safely back to London. We are looking forward to your next visit ~ Barnacles crew

I stayed in a 4 bedroom mixed dorm and I am a small girl but Oh my God the room was tiny!! 2 girls and two girls in that little room, you couldn't swing a cat!! it was very awkward trying to get dressed as the room was just so small! also the shower was a bit annoying.it kept switching off. Overall it was a fun weekend in Galway and I will definatley return to Barnacles as it is in such a good location.

• 21st Dec 2013

the hostel is well located. A very nice staff always available to answer questions. I just regret that the staff does not have the power to switch the rain by some sun :)

Good price, really good staff

• 12th Dec 2013

At check out staff walked in immediately after knocking. I feel that in this instance, my stay at Barnacles will be my last.

• 12th Dec 2013

Great location, perfect for going out. Just bad showers and poor breakfast. Would stay here again though.

Thank you, we had a great time with you in Galway!

• 26th Nov 2013

Great location in the heart of the latin quarter. Modern rooms with ensuites.

Very nice staff, it is a bit expensive but you do not need any lift to move. Good music in the street. The breakfast was included as well.

• 9th Nov 2013

Very nicely placed right in the middle of where you want to be. It can be a bit noisy (not recommended for non heavy sleepers) but in general it is ok; if you find a nice deal for it I would not see a problem in booking it, I certainly recommend it. Remember: ask advice at desk (they have some discounts and know many nice places) Booking in my case: own toilet and shower room for 2.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Just stay here... trust me it's worth it

1 2 Next » last »