Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Is on a perfect place. The rooms are nice, and not crowded.

Superb location, we enjoyed our stay here a lot! Good security and nice atmosphere.

3 days in Barnacles were not the best! Dorms are small, bags are under the loft bed in a cage and it was't possible to get the cage out when someone was lying in the buttom bed! The washing machine was running at night, once I thought a helicopter is in the room when it was doing the spin cycle! Just 1 toilet & 1 shower for 8 people inside the room which is really not insulated!! Only one additional public toilet! But the location in Quay street is perfect and Galway is really nice! Parcing 8€/d

Great hostel. Good facilities/atmosphere pub crawl was fun for a Monday. Staff were friendly and helpful with trip bookings

• 1st Sep 2014

Very well situated hostel. Rooms were cleaned but the cleanliness of the kitchen can be improved...

Good hostel and perfect location...The best Location In Galway...

We had a great stay here, everything was clean, the staff was friendly, and you couldn't ask for a better location! After midnight we were required to show our key cards to prove that we were staying there, so the security was very good as well. Highly recommend if you want to be in the city centre!

• 24th Aug 2014

Very dirty and noisy. I cannot believe Hostelworld says it is one of the best hostels in Ireland !

• 20th Aug 2014

the best hostel in Ireland where I stayed during my holiday

Four of us stayed here at the weekend so booked a four bed. Whilst the room was clean and equipped, it was completely impractical. The window was a skylight which opened all of five inches meaning there was no air in the room. Most concerning was the top bunk under the window which was impossible to sleep in as the roof sloped over it. Room should be a double and not a quad. Main thing going for barnacles is location; amazing! However, hostel is terribly over priced for what you get.

• 16th Aug 2014

Small breakfast room but the rest is very good!

Really enjoyed my stay, might see you again next year!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This was one of my favorite hostels, and I have stayed in a lot. The staff was supper helpful and the location could not have been bettet. If and when I return to Galway, I will definitely stay at barnicles again.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Katie14fh2225

Amazing stay at Barnacles, Galway. Great location and even the noise is worth it.

Had a great stay at Barnacles hostel in Galway. Great location, free breakfast, and friendly staff. I recommend it!

I enjoyed my short stay. The staff was kind and helpful. With more time I would have been on one of the free walking tours. The hostel is located in the middle of the main street. Upsides are loads of bars and restaurants close by. Along with it comes naturally some noise, which might be too loud for some. The kitchen is well equipped. Unfortunately there's no 24-hour common area... inside

The room I stayed in was akin to a furnace. My roommates and I sweated all night. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

• 4th Aug 2014

Good spot, right on the main street of Galway. However, the facilities were not great. Very simple place, nothing above average really expect the location.

We stayed during the Galway races and they catered for us extremely well by arranging changing rooms for guests to change as check in wasn't til two. Would gladly stay again any day!

• 30th Jul 2014

Great location and most staff were friendly. Room was teenchy especially for price paid. Constant stream of staff coming in and out of the room from 8 am (it was a private twin room) on the morning we were leaving was really annoying.

• 27th Jul 2014