Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

I stayed here for one night only. The hostel offered more than I had expected. The atmosphere was really good and everything was clean. There was very good internet connection. The complementary breakfast was very decent. One of the two issues that usually concern me about hostels are provision of lockers and power outlets. Each bed had a power socket and a cage storage beneath the bed. I had brought my own lock which I used to lock the storage. So i was not worried about misplacing my luggage

Cheers! :) ~ Barnacles

I was unfortunately only in Galway for one night but the hostel was great. Right in the centre of everything and the staff were helpful.

We hope you have a longer visit next time! Thanks for staying ~ Barnacles

The 8 bed's room has just one bathroom and no other bathrooms nearby ... might be not so easy.

• 21st Dec 2015

A few of our 8 bedrooms have one bathroom but some of them have 2 bathrooms, so feel free to ask us next time and we'll be happy to book one of these for you. ~ Barnacles

Our room was more like a hotel room than a hostel - and in a perfect location. Bit noisy at night, but that's Galway!

• 18th Dec 2015

Had so much fun in this hostel. Met some great people and had a great stay. The hostel is located right in the hub of the city and it was so convenient. I would definitely come back. There is good storage under the beds, but it would have been nice if some locks were provided.

We had loads of fun in Galway and it was great to have our wee room in the Barnacles hostel, cool bunk beds, well equipped kitchen, awesome lounge area. Thanks guys! Looking forward to go again:)

Nice one!.. Cheers! ~ Barnacles

I liked the night in Galway. The hostel is very central and nice. I would recommend ear-plugs for people who have sleeping-issues because it's quite loud. Everything else was great.

Thanks for great review. We've got the earplugs covered, they are available complimentary at reception. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay

Superb hostel in heart of Galway's busiest street so it is surrounded by bars, restaurants and cafes. Clean and Comfortable throughout. Nice Staff. Well equipped kitchen.

Loved the location. We were upgraded from a 4 bed dorm to a private room because it was a quiet night which was so lovely. Breakfast was basic toast and cereal but it was all we needed. Loved Galway and barnacles so much, would stay here again!

thanks for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Welcome back any time:) ~ Barnacles

the location cannot be better, right in city center, on the main street, security is very good, the price ... i got a great deal, so no complains.

The staff was very kind and helpful! The kitchen space was large and the common space was cozy. My only complaint is that the showers do not get very warm but other than that this was a nice hostel.

thanks for nice comments about our staff and hostel. Sorry the water the shower wasn't hot enough, but we have rectified this now. We hope you had a memorable visit to Galway ~ Barnacles

Great hostel in the centre of Galway, excellent value for money as the breakfast is fantastic. Staff very friendly too!

• 6th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and thanks for taking the time to review our hostel, much appreciated. ~ Barnacles

Such a fantastic location right in the heart of Galway. The staff was so helpful, especially Rebecca, who answered our million questions about tours, transport to the airport, and potential day trips. Definitely would recommend!

You really can't beat the location of this place. Even if it wasn't so nice, probably would stay again just for how central it was. The rooms were a bit overheated but the breakfast was good and the social atmosphere was decent.

Barnacles was a really excellent hostel, with all the amenities including a decent free breakfast. Cleanliness was among the best I've seen at any hostel, and the staff (shoutout to Rebecca) was the most helpful ever. Also can't beat the location, unbelievably central in both Galway and Dublin. Only complaints are that the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I've slept in, really messed up my back the following morning, and also that the shower was not adjustable (but still warm enough).

I loved that we could receive information about Cliffs of Moher tours right from the hostel. It made the locating the launch point etc. much simpler.

It sounds like you made the most of your trip to Galway! We're happy to help with your tour bookings, come back again if you're visiting Galway again :) - Barnacles

Good hostel

Great hostel to sleep and socialize. The kitchen miss a few main things, but its easy to manage. The stay was great

Our room was tiny - tiny to the point that there was not enough room for me to pull out the locker under my bed and actually be able to use it. Other than that everything else was fine.

Very helpful staff and because Galway is a small place, this location is pretty great. They offer large living room and kitchen accommodations but the rooms themselves were rather cramped. You may get some miss information about surrounding restaurant offers, so double check!!