Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

I first came four years ago and I liked the confort of the ensuite and the location of the hostel. This time, I have appreciated the brand new kitchen and the breakfast was good. Besides, the staff is always friendly and helpful.

Great to see you again and glad to hear you like our brand new kitchen, we like it too:). We appreciate you returning to us and hope to see you again, and who knows what new stuff we will have done by then. ~ Barnacles crew

The facilities and staff were awesome, but our room was really loud at night due to the bar across the street. There was also a bit of a weird vibe, but that may have been just caused by the people that were there when I was, which I realize is beyond their control.

Thanks for nice message about our staff, this will encourage us to keep working hard to make our guests happy. Our hostel is in a great location in the middle of Latin quarter, near all the great bars, restaurants and cafes and sometimes it can get a little noisy but its still the best location to be in the city. Not sure about the vibe you mention but hopefully all good now:) ~ Barnacles

No hot water in some showers (for three days).

Hi there, thanks for letting us know about water temp in showers during your stay, and I apologise for the discomfort. Had you let us know this while you were staying we would have our maintenance department rectify it asap. Despite this I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and in Galway

Was amazing

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Malawi

Thank you. And we think you are amazing too!:)

Everything is nice. You must stay in here!!!!!!!

Great to hear you really enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Hope to see you again soon

The beds were too short and the showers were automatic.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Kiribati

All our beds are the standard 180cm in length you find in most hostels. We are sorry to hear this wasn't comfortable for you. A few of our showers are automatic but the majority are not. Next time we can arrange a room without automatic showers for you. Thanks for staying. ~ Barnacles

As you would expect for the money.... Good service, secure, warm, hot showers... Rooms quite compact....Gotta be out by 10:30 and you will have housekeeping knocking at the door then pretty much on the button! This is not ideal after a night out! Breakfast is 7-9:30... Wasn't up in time to have it.

• 27th Nov 2014

Hi there, thank you for staying with us. We have a late check out option until 12 noon, so next time let us know you would like a lie in and we will be happy to arrange this for you, and a coffee/tea when you get up :) ~ Barnacles crew

Perfect!!!!

Stayed in the 12 bed for 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday. Some of the nicest staff I have met, really helpful. Location is great as you are in the middle of town. Home feeling common room and a guitar! There can be lots of street noise as there are a couple bars just below. Wasn't too bothersome.

Amazing place to stay. Perfect location to go shopping and also to go sight seeing. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The atmosphere is nice as well. You feel right at home while you're here.

Very nice hostel! I will recommend it and go back there if I need to stay for a night.

• 29th Oct 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay at Barnacles and we will definitely be glad to host you again on your next trip to Galway. Safe travels, hope to see you soon!

Stayed for two nights in a 12 bed mixed room. Nice and helpful staff, good breakfast and a clean kitchen. Very fresh environment. Galway as a city has much to offer, especially if you like night life. We took a day trip to Cliffs of Moher and enjoyed it very much. I really recommend it. And this hostel was the best one of those I've been to on my trip to Ireland. Stay here!

Thanks for the time you took to write us a great review! We're glad to be part of the reason you enjoyed your trip to Galway so much. Best of luck in your travels!

I love your new kitchen!!!

• 27th Oct 2014

It was a very bad night. I was waked up in the middle of the night, by a woman who clamed it was her bed. Staff has made some mistakes with the bed numbers. Me and my friend was just getting talked behind our bags by the woman and staff. I Will never book this hostel again.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I loved this hostel and I would stay again any day. The location was unreal, I watched the huge Halloween parade from my dorm Room! The ensuite bathrooms are really nice too.

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Barnacles so much! Thanks for leaving the great review, we are happy to host you again should you come back to Galway :)

Rooms were nice and clean with good ensuites. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Amazing location!

• 20th Oct 2014

Thanks for the amazing review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back at Barnacles Galway if you are travelling this way again :)

1 2 Next » last »