Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Staff was amazing...younger guy (who had traveled through California was great, and blonde girl with tattoos was soooo helpful and nice!)

We loved our stay at Barnacles! The staff were amazing - specifically James at the front desk who was really helpful :). The rooms were super clean, the location can't be beat. The main strip is right outside the front door. Would definitely stay again!

Great hostel. Would definitely stay here again. Loved the woman (Nicole) that came from university to teach traditional music and/or dance. Was really a great time. Was a bit loud at the front of the hostel (where our room was) because of the street, but they have ear plugs down stairs!

I had a great time. The stuff was surprisingly nice and it had everything you can ask for in a hostel.

This is a very social hostel in a great location! It has a kitchen with new appliances perfect for cooking. The staff are helpful with navigating the city/area.

Our room stunk of a mouldy/stale smell, it was growing above the shower and had been painted over.

• 5th Jun 2014

Very good hostel. Already the second time I aas there. I can recommend it to everyone. Staff is awsome and friendly. They help you where they can. If you're lucky you'll meet them also on one of the famous pub crawls. You can't get a better location in whole Galway.

This hostel is nice, but its location is both a curse and a blessing. It is well located in the city just a minutes walk from the Spanish Arch, restaurants and everything else the city has to offer, BUT if you expect to get any sleep at night, this is NOT the hostel for you. The rooms overlook the street and the pubs and partying on the street go well past 2am. The band playing below might as well have been in the room. The 6 bed dorm is very small and the shower was smaller than a phone booth.

The word that comes to mind for barnacles is atmosphere. I met some amazing people and Galway city is wonderful. The musical culture made my visit. Barnacles is exceptionally clean and I felt very safe. Great place to stay!

Best location right in the middle of town! Really good hostel, definitely recommend:)

Everything was very nice, there was a problem with our door, but they change us to another room, it was not with a street view (I was told that it can get really noisy at night). One problem that we had though was that the room was very cold and the heater didn't seem to be turning on and also the shower was cold =/ Other than that, the staff was very friendly and the location is excellent (a lot of pubs and restaurants) and it was just by the bay, which is very beautiful.

This was a great place!!! The women at the front desk were so kind, especially the blonde one. She made booking things and tours so easy. The kitchen was good, and the location was so central. Amazing stay and highly recommended.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Very clean, very helpful and friendly staff, perfect location, and it's warm! It would be a mistake to stay anywhere else.

• 21st May 2014

Good hostel. Nice staff and clean. There was construction in the kitchen which made it difficult to have personal meals but hardly took away from the experience of Galway.

Had an awesome time! Perfect location, great and very helpful staff! If I ever come back to Galway, I definitely stay here again!

Perfect, but lockers in the room were missed!

Good location, friendly staff, clean, free breakfast, great atmosphere. Good place for solo travelers. Best hostel where I have stayed.

• 9th May 2014
  • Finland

Pros - had a bathroom and shower in room. Great central location. Staff was very friendly. Had plug in and light next to bed for top and bottom bunk. Cages in room, were provided to lock up bags. Cons - stuffy room that got very hot. Two of the people staying in the hostel were living there which seemed a bit weird. The wifi reached the room but did not work a lot of the time.

Great place, friendly staff, very clean hostel and very warm. There are swipe cards if you want to get in, no curfew and they provide a free breakfast. Thanks for a good stay! :-)

I was the last person to arrive at the 12 bed dorm and someone was in my assigned bed because someone was in their bed and so on. The whole situation was messy. Other than that, fantastic place!