Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

Perfect location with clean comfy dorms, everything you could ask for for your stay in Galway City

The staff were great and helpful when arranging tours. The lounge is small and in an awkward area so not as easy to meet people. My bed was very comfortable however I was on a top bunk and the ceiling came in on a 45 degree angle over my bed so it was very cramped. Otherwise the bathrooms in the room weren't as clean - one of the showers kept plugging and wouldn't drain. I loved the location

Very great hostel, all the staff is nice and very helpfull. And the room are comfortable. A good place to stay !!

Great location. Not enough bathrooms for those without an ensuite. TV and DVD player were broken, and the room had a curfew even though it wasn't near any bedrooms.

Hi there All our bedrooms have en suite so sure which room you refer too. Sorry our tv was on the blick while you were staying, ~ Barnacles

Fantastic!! Couldn't get a better location! Staff so friendly and helpful! Double room ensuite was compact but perfectly clean! Will be staying here again next time I'm in town.

• 4th Sep 2015

My Colleague was caught out by the 10.30 check out time as he checked in after 9 and was not told of it. He stayed in the apartment, had a shower at 10.30 and lo his room was locked when he went to get dressed. After several minutes trying to get in he had to walk through the busiest street in Galway with only a small towel for modesty to reach the hostel itself. mmm. Funny as it may seem in hindsight, it's something that has happened b4 apparently. The staff were nice about it, tho

• 2nd Sep 2015

We had a lot of fun in Galway. It was great being in such a central location. We found the rooms to be particularly small compared to other hostels and for my brother who was 6 ft. The beds were uncomfortable. But we made it work and overall had a great stay :) The kitchen got a bit crowded during breakfast too - but it a big place so that's to be expected.

If you want a Hostel right in the city centre, is perfect for you. You'll have to deal with nightly party noise from outside though. The only actual criticism I have is about the bed sheets, which did not look clean at all - I stuck to my sleeping bag. Apart from that, Barnacle's was a great choice.

• 30th Aug 2015

Perfect location

The hostel has a very good location in the Latin Quarter, the staff is very helpful, and the rooms are nice. The only issue I had was that on the second floor, the bunk beds are right against the curve of the roof, so I only had a foot or two between the bed and the ceiling. As a tall person, it was rather uncomfortable.

Excellent place to stay, great atmosphere and friendly staff. It probably has of the most complete kitchens I have ever seen at a hostel. I would totally recommend it!!

It was a wonderful travel 😅

• 23rd Aug 2015

Barnacles is in a great location - right in the centre of vibrant Galway City. Consequently we didn't spend much time in the hostel. However, don't expect an early night, as Galway parties at night. Coffee and toast for breakfast was an unexpected start to our day. Enjoy our night at Barnacles.

Very friendly staff, great location, clean hostel. Thank you!

All round a great experience. Relaxed respectful atmosphere in this hostel.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It`s a really nice hostel in the middle of galway!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »