Barnacles Quay Street Galway City Reviews

10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland

This hostel is right in the middle of the action, surrounded by bars, restaurants and coffee shops. Staff is very friendly and extremely helpful!

Great location in the middle of everything and nice private room/bathroom that seemed clean. Windows were double paned to help drown out the street noise and worked quite well! Only downfall was some very loud guests, who seemed to think this was a college dorm (doors open and running around from room to room yelling loudly). Granted a fun atmosphere is ok and noise is to be expected, but wish more was done to encourage courtesy for other guests, as I've seen with other hostels.

• 22nd May 2015

Great location , friendly staff, didn't like there were some longterm residents which is fine if there nice but some werent other than that I enjoyed my stay in galway

This hostel was one of the first hostels that we went in where you could definitely tell that they kept the place super clean. when you're traveling you kind of get used to other peoples smells, but this hostel was so nice to come into and smell cleaners, bleach, you knew that they kept things clean. located right on Quay street you barely have to leave the main area. pretty quiet in the dorm considering there is night life right out your window.

I really loved this hostel because of the very central location as well as how clean and organized it was. It was a really nice room and had a nice atmosphere for staying in Galway for a couple days.

Nice hostel, i would recommend it. The only problem is the low wi-fi, sometimes it stops and you need to ask the staff to restart the modem/router. They have free past every sunday night =]. There is always someone who knows how to play the guitar in the living room.

Great place to stay, close to pubs/shopping/food... Check in was guaranteed at 3 however we weren't allowed into our rooms until close to 4... Tough after a long day of traveling.

Very secure hostel. They have guitars a drum box. Everything you could possible ask for a jam between fellow musicians. Bedrooms were cool. Would stay here agan

Excellent hostel in Galway!! I am a musician that was touring through and they had an acoustic guitar, classical guitar, uke, and a cajon available for anyone to use. The staff was very kind and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thanks for all the great music over the past week, we would love to have you stay with us again. Happy travels ~ Barnacles team

Hostel was great but staff were incredibly rude and there was no need. Be aware that they take full payment from your visa for the first night as a deposit and then refund it a couple of days later.I wasn't expecting to be €150 down as we were paying cash. Turns out that for a few days, I actually paid double until I wait for them to refund me. I've never heard of anyone else using this policy and they didn't even bother explaining it when I made the booming.

• 11th Apr 2015