Beijing City Central Youth Hotel Reviews

No.1 Beijingzhanqianjie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Great location being close to the subway. Rooms clean

• 15th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

This is not a Youth Hostel, it is a very cheap and nasty hotel, opposite Beijing Central Train Station. I got there at 07:00 and reception totally ignored me. Finally, they said I could check in when someone checked out of the dorm. They agreed to mind my big bad for 1 hour and when I came back they let me check in and the dorm was empty. I think they wanted me to take a dearer room. This place is very basic and they smoke in the rooms. The breakfast looked disgusting. No maps in English.

I've book this place but I never used it...Therefore I can't comment on it.

This hostel is located in a great location! I like the travel sized body wash and shampoo as well as the hand soap. The service was quite slow and the English of the employees was not very strong.

Supergood location. You get what you pay for

The staff at the Hostel were very difficult to deal with. I was constantly called and visited by the front desk asking if any others had moved in to the room, I was woken up last at night by a staff member who wanted to know if someone else had moved in yet. There was no wifi, and they did not act very helpful with any of my other questions. The bathrooms, toilet and shower areas, were both very dirty.

I only stayed in this hostel because I had a tour leaving from it the next morning. It is decidedly average: location is convenient for the central train station, but even despite the language barrier it takes an absolute age to get staff to help with anything. Also beware - if your roommate locks the door from the inside and is asleep, you can't get into the room! You can get much nicer hostels in Beijing.

Compared to the last stay at home hostel this place was way bigger, cleaner, didn't smell of mold or other bad smells. No wifi in rooms, located right beside the metro and train station but not in a fun neighbourhood. Big lockers in rooms ( but didn't fit regular combo lock) needed to purchase a smaller lock. No hang out for travellers as the 'bar' was always empty and you'd be harassed to purchase something if you were in there. NO WIFI even though they say they have it.

Did not stay. Cancelled booking.

The biggest plus is location and price. No towels. Shortage of toilet paper. You must bring your own lock to store valuables.

• 24th Aug 2014

+ Very easy to find from the train station / the subway station + Large showers + Staff speaks well English + Clean rooms - Dirty toilets and showers - NO WINDOW in the double bed room, but a single glass panel to the corridor... As it has no bathroom, you literally sleep within 4 walls - Few sights or authentic restaurants in that area. - No WiFi, no computer access !!! We had to run through the city to find a place to print our plane tickets !

• 24th Aug 2014

Location was great, right next to a metro entrance. Only two bathrooms for an entire, very large, floor. The larger bathroom was cleaned around 7am every morning, which was annoying because that was when I wanted to use it. There was no WIFI in the room, and the restaurant WIFI was too weak for me to connect.

• 18th Aug 2014

This hostel is located right next to one of the main train stations & also subway stops - great for travellers, & given its cheap price, the value for money is okay. Having said that, I would not return. Smoking is allowed everywhere in this hostel, it's noisy, reception staff speak poor English, the Wifi NEVER worked, lockers were broken, bathrooms were not very clean & both my travel companion & I got a rash (red patches all over our hands and feet) both times we stayed here. Book elsewhere...

Good location, 10 meters from the subway station and right in front of the Railway station. They sell tours to the Great Wall downstairs, the one we chose (Mutianyu) was ok. The room we had was big and clean, with a window and wooden floor. The AC worked fine. The shared bathroom is absolutely disgusting, it is more like a public toilet. The (poor) wi-fi is only available in the bar, where people smoke a lot, so it's not pleasant to hang out there if you are non smoker.

• 9th Aug 2014

When I arrived no one at the reception spoke English so it was quite difficult to get my room key. I went to a trip for 2 days and asked if I can leave my luggage there. They said it is no problem and won't cost anything. When I came back they wanted to charge me for each day. After staying there for 5 days my friend and me we both got a rash on our hands....when we left the hostel after 5 days the hands were fine again so it must have been something in their rooms.

• 8th Aug 2014

location was great, right around the corner of station exit. However, despite the fact that its a HOSTEL no one could speak english fairly, and their service was poor. shared bathroom was smelly, room was uncleaned when we first went in. no wifi inside the room. they say theres a wifi in the 3rd floor club but not working well.

The reception staff were helpful provided that were not asked for anything except the return of the key deposit at midday when it was always hectic. The floor staff were helpful and smiling as well. The breakfast was unsuitable for me and I felt it was overpriced as well.

Bar And Common area Very Sad, staff rude And unpolite. They Close The area when They want And You can't use internet in any other part of The hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014

The staff were super helpful. They offer extended check out that is paid hourly (10RMB) A superb idea! Some negatives, however. The carpet in the corridor has clearly seen better days and really needs a good clean! The beds in the twin room had rock hard Chinese matresses so don't expect a comfortable night's sleep! I didn't get to use the bar but it looked like it might be a good place to meet people and breakfast is offered at just 18RMB (with the option of beer!) which is really cheap!

Great location。