Beijing City Central Youth Hotel Reviews

No.1 Beijingzhanqianjie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Hostel hostel is steps from Beijing Railway Station and the Beijing metro. It is super convenient if you are coming into Beijing later in the evening as you don't have to fight to get a taxi since the metro closes early. You pay for what you get. The room has the basic amenities including towels, shampoo, body wash, toothbrush and toothpaste.

Not very good! The washroom had an odour.

This hostel is really near to subway station. It's so convenient.

Great location being close to the subway. Rooms clean

• 15th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

This is not a Youth Hostel, it is a very cheap and nasty hotel, opposite Beijing Central Train Station. I got there at 07:00 and reception totally ignored me. Finally, they said I could check in when someone checked out of the dorm. They agreed to mind my big bad for 1 hour and when I came back they let me check in and the dorm was empty. I think they wanted me to take a dearer room. This place is very basic and they smoke in the rooms. The breakfast looked disgusting. No maps in English.

I've book this place but I never used it...Therefore I can't comment on it.

This hostel is located in a great location! I like the travel sized body wash and shampoo as well as the hand soap. The service was quite slow and the English of the employees was not very strong.

Supergood location. You get what you pay for

The staff at the Hostel were very difficult to deal with. I was constantly called and visited by the front desk asking if any others had moved in to the room, I was woken up last at night by a staff member who wanted to know if someone else had moved in yet. There was no wifi, and they did not act very helpful with any of my other questions. The bathrooms, toilet and shower areas, were both very dirty.

I only stayed in this hostel because I had a tour leaving from it the next morning. It is decidedly average: location is convenient for the central train station, but even despite the language barrier it takes an absolute age to get staff to help with anything. Also beware - if your roommate locks the door from the inside and is asleep, you can't get into the room! You can get much nicer hostels in Beijing.

Compared to the last stay at home hostel this place was way bigger, cleaner, didn't smell of mold or other bad smells. No wifi in rooms, located right beside the metro and train station but not in a fun neighbourhood. Big lockers in rooms ( but didn't fit regular combo lock) needed to purchase a smaller lock. No hang out for travellers as the 'bar' was always empty and you'd be harassed to purchase something if you were in there. NO WIFI even though they say they have it.