Beijing Far East Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 90 Tieshu Xiejie, Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

First a man said us the hotel was full and without a smile. But we had seen avaibilities with Hostelworld. So we booked immediately on internet and return see him. He was registred two Chineses persons!! So we told him we had a booking and it was ok. But he was not happy at all ! L'homme à l'accueil nous a dit que l'hotel etait complet alors qu'on venait de voir des dispos sur Hostelworld. En plus il etait desagreable avec le regard fuyant genre "vous me faites chier.

• 13th Nov 2014

this place was my worst hostel experience ever. the room was underground with no windows, but it was ok. toilet and bathroom- disgusting staff attitude- very bad the bar was always closed. and.... i did check out and asked to leave my bags till my flight in the evening. they charge money even for a few hours! (5 yuan per day, but still) because i had a luggage and another small backpack, they took another 5 yuan for the small bag! ive never seen anything like this in my 4 months in china.

The hostel is located inside the far east hotel, which means there isn't much of an atmosphere, or a central place to meet people. On the bright side though, it means that the place is very clean, has good shower facilities etc. I stayed in an 8-bed dorm for two nights, with plenty of space, large comfy beds, and lockable lockers. The hotel reception staff were less than helpful when I initially arrived, but were subsequently great, and even booked a 4am taxi to the airport for me.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Avoid at all cost.

• 31st Jul 2014

The directions to the hostel were terrible. They get you to the right area but not really that close to the actual building. The doors have locks on them, but they don't always work, nor do the locks on the lockers. The facilities are very clean, and there are a lot of cheap shops and restaurants around, but it's kind of far from the metro. I would stay here again, but it wasn't what I expected.

You cant say anything wrong. Well its a hotel, you dont find the backpacker athmosphere. If you can live with that its very good.

Our room had the following: - rusty shower water (brown) - clogged shower-head - multiple towels with red/brown stains - ripped towels - cups put back in place but not washed (still had water inside) - no Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi available in a small room in B1 where there was no cell reception) Room was not ready when we arrived around 1:00 pm and still had previous occupants' garbage. Check-in desk staff was rude on two occasions. Location was nice but I'd try another place next time.

• 4th Jul 2014

HANDY, EFFICIENT, KNOWLEDGEABLE staff, both speaking English and allowing you to practice your poor Mandarin on them. Relatively FAST wi-fi. Situated amid TYPICAL low residential quarter of Beijing and thus allows you to observe the locals' customs. CLEAN, gender divided bathrooms. FREE access to a fully equipped kitchenette. FREE hot water. All dorms seemed to be situated on -1 level which may feel strange to some. There's only a SMALL, BASIC common area, however with comfy sofa and armchairs.