Beijing Far East Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 90 Tieshu Xiejie, Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

First a man said us the hotel was full and without a smile. But we had seen avaibilities with Hostelworld. So we booked immediately on internet and return see him. He was registred two Chineses persons!! So we told him we had a booking and it was ok. But he was not happy at all ! L'homme à l'accueil nous a dit que l'hotel etait complet alors qu'on venait de voir des dispos sur Hostelworld. En plus il etait desagreable avec le regard fuyant genre "vous me faites chier.

• 13th Nov 2014

this place was my worst hostel experience ever. the room was underground with no windows, but it was ok. toilet and bathroom- disgusting staff attitude- very bad the bar was always closed. and.... i did check out and asked to leave my bags till my flight in the evening. they charge money even for a few hours! (5 yuan per day, but still) because i had a luggage and another small backpack, they took another 5 yuan for the small bag! ive never seen anything like this in my 4 months in china.

The hostel is located inside the far east hotel, which means there isn't much of an atmosphere, or a central place to meet people. On the bright side though, it means that the place is very clean, has good shower facilities etc. I stayed in an 8-bed dorm for two nights, with plenty of space, large comfy beds, and lockable lockers. The hotel reception staff were less than helpful when I initially arrived, but were subsequently great, and even booked a 4am taxi to the airport for me.

• 2nd Aug 2014