Beijing Jade Youth Hostel Reviews

No.5, North Zhide Alley, Beiheyan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

This hostel has that most priceless of assets, location. The staff are helpful, but not over-much so. The wifi is only available in the lobby, which is not what you'd expect in such an otherwise modern and up-to-date hostel. I would give the hostel full marks for claenliness. I haven't see its like in China.

We were given a room with a leak from the ceiling and a large puddle in the middle of the room. The room smelled damp and moldy. We were able to change rooms and had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs. We were unable to sleep as the walls seemed paper thin and there was a large group of Chinese high school students making noise in the halls from 3-4:30 am. The staff did not speak English and were unable to help us get a cab, extra pillow, or food. The breakfast was not good.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Location, location, location! My main reason for choosing this hotel/hostel was the location and it couldn't be beat (IMO). It's a 5 minute walk from Wangfujing Road, 15 minute walk from two subway stations and 20-ish minute walk from Forbidden Palace. Hard to find at first though. Doesn't really have a hostel feel. It's a hotel with rooms converted into a hostel environment. Bathroom was meh: seen better but also seen worse. Staff were blah. Didn't really go out of their way to help

Great location. Difficult to locate hostel at first. Atmosphere was average.

Great staff that helps you find your way around the city. This is my second time staying here and I liked it. The location is not exciting, but quiet and safe. So if that is what you're looking for you will like it. Other wise you will either be walking a bit, taking a bus to the subway, walking to the subway or taking a taxi.

I stayed in a mixed dorm and the beds were super comfortable! Eat elsewhere though because the restaurant food was not good.