Beijing Jade Youth Hostel Reviews

No.5, North Zhide Alley, Beiheyan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

very impressed with the staff especially the manager always friendly and helpful If I came back to Beijing I would definitely stay here again

• 25th Jul 2015

Staff was very helpful and room was clean and comfortable. Restaurant was good! Within walking distance of the Forbidden City, National Museum, etc. Map provided when booking was helpful in directing the taxi driver to the location.

• 19th Jul 2015

Don't understand the high rating of this youth hostel from other travellers... First of all when I arrived the bed assigned to me was not clean. After complaint they gave me private room first night, so far so good. The second night I got a clean bed in the dorm. But the toilet was not clean and the showes drain could not swallow enough water making the floor wet all the time. The location was also rated high but I think that 20 minutes walk to nearest metro station is not a good location...

Dear Guest We are so sorry we did not make you have a comfortable stay here . There was one people who stayed uper moved to low bed ,but he did not inform us . so we did ' t realize it . but that is our problem . we will pay more attation on it .Hope you can understand . Hope you have a good trip in China . sorry again Kind regards Jade hotel

Staff spoke decent English, front office open 24/7. Not too hard to find (I took a cab, 120rmb from the airport around 5pm). Mixed dorm room was pretty nice. Only complaint is they had cabinets in the mixed dorm room but no locks, though they said they'll watch my stuff behind the desk if I want. Overall great experience!

Dear Friend Thanks for speaking highly of our hostel . we gonna do better .Looking forward to seeing here again .Have a good trip in China Best wishes Sarah

my friend recommend this hostel , but I saw the previous review are not very good . However we found that there is so much change than reviews when we arrived , they change a new team ,the overall service and cleaness is perfect , there is a new bar have many good food . thanks all staff here give me a good trip in Beijing .

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

we are really appreciated you believe and trust us as well as being willing to recommend to someone you meet on the way, thank you very much.

All what very great . the staff is ready for all if you need something . in office or bar i met a very good workers . i got a very good feeling with Anita who arrange all the plan in BJ . She speak very well english and can explain very well .

• 14th Jun 2015

Dear Guest Thanks for speaking highly of our staff . we have a great impression on you as well .Looking forward to seeing you here next time . Kind regards Sarah

This hostel has that most priceless of assets, location. The staff are helpful, but not over-much so. The wifi is only available in the lobby, which is not what you'd expect in such an otherwise modern and up-to-date hostel. I would give the hostel full marks for claenliness. I haven't see its like in China.

Location, location, location! My main reason for choosing this hotel/hostel was the location and it couldn't be beat (IMO). It's a 5 minute walk from Wangfujing Road, 15 minute walk from two subway stations and 20-ish minute walk from Forbidden Palace. Hard to find at first though. Doesn't really have a hostel feel. It's a hotel with rooms converted into a hostel environment. Bathroom was meh: seen better but also seen worse. Staff were blah. Didn't really go out of their way to help

Great location. Difficult to locate hostel at first. Atmosphere was average.

Great staff that helps you find your way around the city. This is my second time staying here and I liked it. The location is not exciting, but quiet and safe. So if that is what you're looking for you will like it. Other wise you will either be walking a bit, taking a bus to the subway, walking to the subway or taking a taxi.

I stayed in a mixed dorm and the beds were super comfortable! Eat elsewhere though because the restaurant food was not good.

Easy to find but a fair walk from any metro stations. Staff were ok but not overly helpful. The place feels clean but the atmosphere is much more towards the feeling of a hotel it's not at all sociable other than meeting people in your room. Facilities were ok but there was only wifi in the reception area and bar so not ideal. However it was cheap and the rooms were great so I'd visit again.

the location for this hostel actually isn't too bad however taxi driver won't have a bar of it if you tell them to go there. I Ended up having to catch a bus to the women's hospital from Qianmen station and then a took took (only person who would take me). Location wise it's tucked away in an empty Hutong (more of an alley) along the east side of the Forbidden city wall. Short walk into town where there is a post office, some banks and western shopping. Dorm room was nice, hostels a tad quiet.

Ths was a hotel partly converted into a hostel. There was no hostel atmosphere.- no common area to meet other travellers, no wifi in the dorms (only in the lobby) and no travel information provided.

Initially can be quite difficult to find, however the excellent location makes up for it.

We had troubles with the check in. They first gave us a twin room instead of a double room. When we finally got the good one, it was not clean (toilet not flushed, hair, etc). The day after we were missing towels in the room. One good point is that they are pretty reactive with complaints. The chinese breakfast is average.

• 4th Jul 2014

The Staff was unfriendly and did not speak english. A very Nice hostel, but too expensive compared to others.

It s bad practice to renovate a room while you have guests staying in it. Cleanliness not great. Unfriendly staff. But can't beat the location

Firstly, I would recommend not staying in china at all! This place is close to forbidden city and tienanmen square... That's all it has going for it. It was clean-ish...The staff were rude, did not speak English for the most part, and definitely did not want to you help you with most things. Glad we didn't get the breakfast included option- looked gross, But so was the rest of the food elsewhere. I would expect more for the price. Ps- research local scams- they are everywhere!!

• 2nd Nov 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful, especially on the morning we left. . The Taxi drivers never knew where it was. Maybe have a better map showing the location. Also an explanation of Buses and routes available, will be helpful. Drinking water in the room is a necessity. More like a hotel, than a hostel.

• 29th Sep 2013