8.7
Fabulous 3,144 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 3,144 Total Reviews
Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Located at 6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, , Shanghai.
China

• jarheadmctavish
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Jan 2017
7.7

OK hostel, warm in winter when I visited, everything you need. Close to everything and metro. Instructions on getting there are ok, but the walking bit could be updated. I turned down the dark road and didn't realise I was on the right path till I got there, as in, they could be more detailed.

3rd Jan 2017

Overall a great experience! The only thing I didn't love was that it seemed like everyone in the hostel shared the bathroom. It didn't seem like any of the rooms had ensuite bathrooms. So the countertops were always wet, and I'm pretty sure having that many people sharing a bathroom was what resulted in me getting a cold.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017

Nice hostel, definitely a bit of a backpacking vibe. Still a lot of Chinese people that don't speak English. The staff though make the place! Super helpful and kind!!

• Australia, All Male Group, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

Fantastic hostel with a great vibe. Would highly recommend!

• China, Male, 25-30
24th Dec 2016

I have been to more than 20+ youth hostel in China,it's the best hostel I meet before. Location is the center of Shanghai and near to the bond,only 5 mins from subway. There're many foreign guests and the atmosphere was very good.Staff is nice and show me all the places that I wanna go.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
21st Dec 2016

Great hostel, especially for solo travellers on a budget, had everything I could ask for. stayed in a shared dorm: bed was comfortable, room was secure, showers had hot water and ran well, and washrooms were always clean. Common area had a bar, a reading corner, a pool table and more, and was a great place to meet other travellers (both local and foreign) and had a good atmosphere! Location was very central, staff spoke both Chinese and English and were helpful. would definitely stay again!!

19th Dec 2016

Over all great experience. Good vibes and a sociable hostel. They gave me a free upgrade just because I came in really late and were so kind and welcoming. Highly recommend!

16th Dec 2016

Was hard to find because I didn't realize it was on a floor in a bigger building. Whoops! Otherwise, had a good stay. Great location, lots of food around, very near a train, good social scene, the works. Very much a YOUTH hostel.

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
12th Dec 2016
4.6

Since this hostel has been ranked the highest when I booked it (2016-Nov) I was expecting the place to be a pretty decent place. The security of the locker which I had in my room was so-so. I had my own safe but it did not feel very safe. Location was great and it was easy to take the subway everywhere. Staff was just there to work. They had no interest in the guests or to improve the place. Atmosphere was okey. The hostel is REALLY dirty. Wear flip flops at all times - everywhere.

• reecechappelow
  • England, Couple, 18-24
10th Dec 2016

The showers are the best we have had in our stay in China. The social scene was good. Walking distance to the bund and to Nanjing road shopping centers. Plenty of places to eat close by. Beds were good. There are fake markets in Shanghai which is great just google map them and they come up on the maps about a 20 minute walk away. Highly recommend