Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

2082 Total Reviews

i had a layover in Shanghai because of my flight from NYC to Taiwan, so I only stay one night in the hostel. It was easy to find, inexpensive, well-managed, and close enough to the subway ((green line (No. 2 line), the airport is one the same line, and that's the main reason i chose)) nothing to complain about bcoz I simply needed a place to shower and sleep. Guests were from everywhere and nice fyi if you want to make int'l friends. Staff was nice. Night shift was friendly.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • RaraKaoo
  • Taiwan

Im general, I'm not a big fan of hostels in Asia since they mostly lack an open, social atmosphere. This is the best hostel I stayed at in China. There is a large lounge with computers provided where you can easily meet other travelers. They also have a pool and foosball table. The staff speaks English quite well. The only thing I didn't like were the shower rooms who had a bad smell and were also freezing cold in December. Still, big recommendation!

• 7th Dec 2014

This hostel was pretty chill. The staff were very friendly and professional, as well as resourceful if you had any questions. Although I had a little difficulty finding this place since it was on the 6th floor of a tall building where several other hotels also operated, the area/restaurants around it was varying enough to enjoy Shanghai breakfast and cuisines. The bartender/manager is also very open to suggestions. I asked for an open tab and even asked for a cocktail outside of the menu!

This hostel is a really good choice for staying. The staff is welcome, the locaation is also good - 10 min to the subway and to the central street. That's the second time we stayed there.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

This is the fifth time I have stayed in this hostel and I have introduced my second friend to this place. I love it! It's an amazing location, very close to the tube and comfrotable and friendly. What more would you want for a weekend away :)

Good coffee!

Reception staff we encountered spoke very good English and were knowledgeable and very helpful with their advice about what Shanghai had to offer and how to get around. Our double room with en-suite was clean and reasonably spacious. A bench or something similar for baggage would have been preferable to getting things from the floor. Our room had a bench and stool but this was for the kettle, cups and personals. Room internet access was good using either ethernet or wi-fi. A good place to stay.

never been this excellent

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

Good facilities with computers, pool table, good breakfast and bar and good vibe in hostel and common room. Area not the best, not that close to the Bund but in the middle of stores and markets aimed at locals if you like that. Staff are super nice and very helpful, bathrooms were clean and good as were dorms. Internet quite slow like the rest of China. Good to meet new people.

Perfect location! Also a great hangout to meet other travelors! Very popular hostel so make sure you book ahead!

Such a rad hostel! I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's not incredibly close to any major attractions but it's perfect for making you walk around and seeing the neighborhood. Close to line 2 and 10 which gets you where you wanna go.

Good location, nice and clean, pleasure to stay

Great place and brilliant value. It isn't a party hostel, more laid back with a friendly vibe. A pool table and good communal lounge helped this. They also make a good (but not cheap) coffee and have various cheap food options. The only real drawback was that there weren't planned hostel activities but I guess that would be rare in Shanghai. Rooms and beds were clean, comfortable and well laid out. Good clothes washing and drying facilities too. I'll stay here again.

• 23rd Nov 2014

they upgraded our room we could stay more confortable and enjoyable in sanghai

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Where's the fogged glass on the toilet? Other than that oddity, very nice place to stay.

Fantastic value for money. Friendly, helpful staff. Good facilities and locations.

• 20th Nov 2014

Excellent place for staying, highly recommended

• 18th Nov 2014
  • GW628415
  • China

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The location is just perfect! Close to the Bund, main shopping streets, bars and subway. Also it is really clean and the staff is amazing. Had great nights in the common area outside where you can play pool or just chill. In Shanghai this is for sure the place to be!

the location for this hostel can't be possibly better. the price is way beyond reasonable in a good sense. If you want to have a window in your room, simply don't book private room.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • China

Great location. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only negative was we were a party off seven who requested a mixed room of eight and we all split up into separate rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7