Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room, and it felt more like a quaint hotel than a hostel—amazing value. The staff lacked city knowledge and couldn't provide us with a map of the area but otherwise responded kindly to our requests and spoke great English. The food was not that great, but we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking to be near the Bund!

This was my second stay at this hostel and it was just as good as the first time. We had a twin room with a huge window which was just great. It was quiet and clean. The room had towels, a hairdryer and toothbrush kits. Plenty of room and helpful staff. The location is just so convenient for getting around Shanghai. The metro station is on Lines 2 and 10 so you can go straight to HongQiao airport. Recommended.

I had a great time at the Blue Mountain hostel. It is centrally located to many attractions and handy connection to the metro, the staff are all friendly and welcoming be sure to bring cash with you as the card machine was broken when I arrived.The on site bar is a great place to meet other travellers and the staff have regular movie nights and dumpling making making classes in the evenings which is fun. The room I stayed in (standard private) was ok but showing signs of age, comfy bed though.

A really good place to stay, close to East Nanjing Rd, and plenty of restaurants along the way. The lounge area is fantastic, the bathroom area big and quite clean. And the rooms were really nice.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location. Nice common area to mingle if you want to. I didn't enjoy the communal bathrooms. One person clogged up one of the toilets and left it to leak all over the floor.

Bad directions to the hostel. Storage was way too small. No kitchen utensils. There were no paper towels to dry your hands. The internet was only available in the lounge area. Overall a very average experience.

Location of the hostel is amazing! Internet was hard to use.

Great hostel. I really liked it. Central and good value for money.

Great location, hot showers, nice staff! Only thing I would change is an easier wifi login system. The current one is quite frustrating

위치도 정말 찾기 쉬웠고, 근처에 지하철역, 편의점, 식당 등이 많아 정말 좋았습니다. 모든 직원들도 정말 친절했고 영어로 의사소통이 가능해서 정말 편리했어요. 상해 여행을 가기 전, 궁금한 것들 때문에 메일을 몇 차례 보냈었는데 답변도 매우 빠르고, 친절했습니다. 다시 상해를 간다면 또 이 호스텔에서 머무르고 싶습니다. 하지만 예약은 다른 사이트에서 할래요 호스텔월드 고객서비스 정말 구림.부킹닷컴 가야겠어요^^ Your customer service was really good. and hostel's location was perfect. And all staffs could speak English and really kind. I want to stay this hostel later again. I contacted several times through e-mail before i went shanghai. and answer was really fast

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • South Korea

My intention when I went to Shanghai was to just chill out and relax for a few days, but I met some awesome people at BMB and ended up adding two days to my trip so we could hang out more. It seemed like every day we had a list of questions the staff was more than willing to help us answer (one staff member called me "My Friend!" and the other "Paper Lady" since I borrowed a pen and paper all the time). The rooms were the nicest I've seen in China and, again, the staff were A+. Love this hostel!

In short, blue mountain was amazing! It's conveniently located, has all the facilities you'll ever need and the staff were superb! During my stay I was being a super mafan (annoying) by asking many questions and changing rooms etc but they were all very accommodating and helpful! I definitely recommend BM and will rebook myself in he future!

The location is great and the hostel is really nice. Would definitely come back and stay again.

First time I stayed here and the place was fantastic. The friendly staff and a warm and friendly communal area were a highlight.

This is the first time I come to Shanghai.Blue Mountain Bund is a surprise!Convenient!Comfortable!And very easy to find it.We can walk to the bund, Nice staff!When I check-in,staff named Vicky and Yulanda told us many informations about shanghai,they're so cute! I also got a friend in the bar,Edison Liu? so funny guy~Although I only stay here for one night,it's an excellent tour~When I leave,the manager Nathan and staff Tony helps me to find my clothes.Thanks a lot.Blue Mountain Bund!

• 28th Jan 2015

Cozy hostel on great location

It's an alright hostel but it's not great. It's in a fairly good location with access to Nanjing Road, the Bund and a lot of street food. The beds and showers are decent but it's a typical party hostel so it's crowded and noisy. Sleeping wasn't easy as the reception played (rather terrible) music until 1am. There's no kitchen and the computers they provided are slow and just plain difficult. It wasn't a terrible hostel, but you could probably do better

The location is great.

Great location, although far enough from the subway to be a little bit difficult to get your stuff there...especially if you aren't sure exactly where on the street it is (I think there might have been a nearer subway exit than the one they tell you to use in their directions, but don't take my word for it). Other than that, simple and as comfortable as you would expect of a $10 accommodation.

Nice staff and clean facilities. Not really good English, but still is easier to go there than it looks like. In addition, it's close to the attractions and they serve "safe" food.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6