Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

A great hostel. I arrived very late at night and the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Great location and a very cosy place. I left some stuff there and the lovely staff not only located it (I had left it in the common area in my frantic rush to pack), but are currently figuring out how to mail it to me. I'm very glad I chose to stay here!

Very nice and helpful staff, clean rooms, convenient location/close to metro

• 25th Jul 2014

We stayed in a basic room, and these have no windows. I was not aware of that, and that was a bit uncomfortable for me. But, none the less it was a great stay with nice and helpful staff. And great location!

We stayed one night and had no problems. The staff were really friendly and check in/ out was really fast. They have bar and some tables and computers. They also have a pool table outside. It is in an excellent location near to Nanjing rd and the Bund. The small problem we had was that we were in double bed private and the toilet and shower was separated by a glass wall! My boyfriend and I don't need to see each other on the toilet so it was inconvenient going out of the room every time.

As a youth hostel, it is a very good location. Friendly staff with clean room. Strongly recommend.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great location, lovely rooms, friendly staff and service

• 13th Jul 2014

The staff was very helpful and kind. You know this quality is extremely hard to come by in China. The location is supreme, you can walk to the Bund (Waitan), and there is probably the biggest shopping district in Asia, Nanjingnanlu. Also, the walkable distance to the subway line 2, so you don't have to transfer to any airports and the railway station.

We originally booked a 6 person dorm but ended up in a 4 dorm for the same price. Door did not lock well, nor did it have lockers. We arrived before the room was cleanied and when we returned at night it turned out the cleaning lady had forgotten about our room. We notified the staff and they cleaned it immediately and apologized. Other than that it was a good hostel, nothing too special. We'll stay here again at the end of our trip.

Not bad for China - it's in a tower block that isn't exactly enticing but it does have a roof terrace. Dorms are cramped and as usual it was the other people staying in the hostel who let the place down. Ok for a couple of nights but can do better and cheaper nearby.

It was a lovely stay. Good place for meeting new people.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Overall a great hostel option for Shanghai, only concern was the cleanliness of the toilets.

This place was disappointing. Atmosphere was unfriendly and seems to be more of a place for the staff to hang out. We were accidently overcharged for our room. The guy who made the error called our room at 6am to correct it- he gave a guilt story about paying it us back of his own money. Was going to notify someone about this 6am hassle but all the staff seem preoccupied and inexperienced. Bathrooms in private rooms allow no privacy and room was not cleaned once during 6 night stay.

Nice, clean, well kept accommodations comparable to those of Chinese hotels that charge considerably higher prices. Friendly, helpful staff and great atmosphere.

• 1st Jul 2014

Great location, good beds and tons of fun people! Definitely a big recommend to those wanting to do Shanghai on the cheap. Easy walk to People's Park and the metro.

• 29th Jun 2014

Great place to stay! Would definitely go there again!

Quite possibly our favourite hostel that we stayed in China. The staff was helpful, the common areas were great, location was excellent (with short walks to Nanjing Rd and The Bund) but most of all the private room we booked was spacious and offered excellent views of the city.

This is a great located hostel, with a nice bar/common room area and great staff. There is no wifi outside of the bar area, and some rooms near the bar may be a little noisy up until 12 given the open nature of the layout of the building. TOP TIP - if you need to buy train tickets and are staying in this hostel, DON'T go to the train station ticket office because there a small outlet across the road from the hostel selling tickets with no queues! They do charge a small service fee (5RMB)

Very close to subway and shopping. Ok bathroom facilities. Nice roof top porch area.

Amazing hostel! Staff are friendly, helpful and speak excellent English. Toilets, showers and bedding were very clean. Access to a large locker in the dorm with your own padlock, so large bags and valuables easily stored. Was able my bags there for the day after I had checked out as my flight was in the evening. Located just off east nanjing road so easy to walk out for metro/food. Lovely atmosphere - colourful, cosy with a cheap bar and lots of places to sit and relax.

• 25th Jun 2014

The atmosphere was pretty dull and boring, they didn't organise anything. My room was dark and dirty in the corner of the hostel. Staff could barely speak English and were more keen on talking among themselves than doing actual work. Overall a bit disappointing.

• 21st Jun 2014