Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Really really good. Lovely roof terrace, huge lockers with padlock provided by the front desk. Toilets and bathrooms were very clean, and soap provided at the sinks. Beds were big enough for me (I'm 193cm) and comfortable. There were no problems even coming back into the hostel very early in the morning.

I had a private room so that was nice after sharing a room for two weeks. The room was clean but not great. The staff was amazing, they are the reason I had such a great stay. I went to a friend and they helped me get right into a taxi with the correct address and everything. The Internet was very slow to start so that was annoying as I needed it to get a hold of my friend. They had a balcony which was secluded and a nice retreat. I would recommend and stay here time and time again!

I loved this hostel. It is located right near the Bund and accessible subways in Shanghai. The staff was *very* helpful and spoke great English. And the layout was like a giant living room / bar / restaurant with a huge outdoor patio for hanging out. It was very easy to meet other travelers (which is a must when traveling in China :D). Unfortunately I only stayed one night but loved the place.

Great stay! Everything was awesome, if I ever go back to Shanghai I would stay here again.

Very good hostel located near Nanjid Road and The Bund, it is in a 6th floor, but has a very nice terrace where you can relax from the busy city of Shanghai. The breakfast is very good and the staff was very helpful everytime I needed them.

My stay at the Blue Mountain Hostel exceeded my expectations. The staff was helpful an let me store my bag, even after I had checked out. They also were gracious and kind. There are great places to just chill and the bedrooms are very nice, and many of them have a nice view. The location was ideal for me because it was close to the subway stop. I was here for a two day layover and thought the central location was great. I would recommend staying here.

• 8th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel in a great location. The rooms were clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. Definitely recommend!

I had a pleasant time here at this hostel. No issues with the staff and I really enjoyed my time there. The only issue I had was I had wished they told me that printing at their hostel costs money. I was under the impression that it was free, but again that's something I should've have asked.

• 1st Jul 2015

Would recommend! Great location, personal chargers and lamps in the dorms, personal lockers, and staff are friendly! Only stayed 3 nights, but could have easily stayed longer.

Perfect for the Chinese standard.

Unfortunately there was no Wi-Fi in dorms.

It's a good hostel with nice staff, always available. but a lot of rooms and people, and people don't talk to each others.. So if you like intimity... Nice terrace. Prices at the bar quiet expensive.

The air conditioning in the sleeping area was great. The bed was comfy and the staff was very nice. Easy to get to from the airport via the metro. The deck was gorgeous both at night and day. It was the perfect place for me to relax during my 21 hour layover. Thanks!

Would stay here again. If the restaurant would have a bigger menu everything would be just perfect

Maybe I was the exception where everything went wrong, but this hostel was a TERRIBLE experience. Toilets constantly blocked. When I asked for it to be fixed, it wasn't. Laundry is self service and the dryers don't work. So after 5 hours trying to do my laundry in the middle of the night I ended up having to hang them out in the rain, hoping it would clear up and dry before I left. They do not offer any tours and they wont direct you to an agent to contact. Worst Experience Ever!!!

Dear Sir, This is the manager,sorry for everything happened to you.About the toilets,it did happen. But at night, me and the receptionist went to your room to clean it up.If that doesn't count I don't know what to do. Dryer, if too many clothes, it would take two rounds to dry.You could have asked us to check if setting is right or not. Free token is offered if dryer didn't work at the first time.We do't provide tours or any agent since all the travel agences in China rip foreigners off!

Had a great time here! Excellent location, really close to the bund, nanjing road and the metro station! The staffs here are very friendly and are always willing to help! Especially the guy at the bar (edison I think his name was) and the guy and the girl at the reception. The toilets are very clean and so are the rooms. Definitely recommend it if you're planning to visit shanghai!

Best Location Clean Centre food Bad wifi

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Absolutely loved our stay. As there were 10 of us it was hectic but the staff were exceptionally helpful and made checking in and out really easy. Thanks, wish we could have stayed longer!

Blue Mountain Youth Hostel is located near EVERYTHING. You have easy access to the metro, you're walking distance from The Bund and the famous Nanjing Road. The facility is located on the 6th floor of what seems to be a business/residential building. My friend and I were in Shang Hai for 5 nights and booked a Basic Twin Private with shared restrooms. The room was clean, and so were the restrooms and showers. I definitely recommend this hostel and would return if I visit Shang Hai again.

Very close to Metro (be aware it's a shared building, I nearly walked past), shops and river. Each bed had lamp and two sockets which was great. Shared bathrooms and showers fine but no gender split if you're fussy. Laundry facilities were great, staff nicely gave me another coin when my clothes failed to dry in one cycle. Not a party hostel, atmosphere was ok, but bar had more people. Clean, comfortable - would definitely stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7