Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

1976 Total Reviews

excellent staff

• 26th Sep 2014
  • China

Good location. Note that the standart privat beedroom is without a window. The staff wasn't helpful when we asked about bars, parties or even a train ticket office.

Upon arrival to the hostel the environment looked a bit dark. I think the owner intend it to have some bar nightclub feeling to it. But I would have prefer a more lighter environment. The bunk bed was okay, though I would recommend owner to chance the pillows they are just too flat. In overall I think it was okay for that price.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Overall the place is good. It is well located and it has a good atmosphere. The staff was always very busy, so they were not able to give a lot of information. If you need a map they sell it to you.

Loved the place, nice cozy space, clean, comfortable beds, offers breakfast which could be improved, will def stay again, thanks

Room was not completely clean when we arrived. Staff is nice, but not everyone is fluent in English. Atmosphere is good and excellent location (very close to East Nanjing street (shops and restaurants) and the Bund is a nice 15 minute walk.

The location is wuit good. The wifi is really poor, there are 3 computers in the common area and there is just 1 working and a very slow one. Talking about the staff, they are not helpful at all, I tryed to ask some advises about my trip around China and they were not very happy and helpful with my questions, maybe they have some more important things to do thang helping the guests.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Chile

I am a returning costomer and am also recommending this place to all of my friends, it's so central, very friendly and has eveything you need :)

• 12th Sep 2014

The staff kindly accepted a bulky package sent to me at the hostel address, and kept it at their desk for a few days until I arrived. I really appreciated it. Excellent cafe & bar style gathering space at the reception desk area.

It could be more clean. The door lock was inoperable. Free-provided drinking water would also be nice.

• 9th Sep 2014

Hostel was nice, and the staff was friendly. I thought it was a decent hostel, with a really nice deck.

Well Bluey 3, there's been many a flag raised, and many a disrupted nights sleep, but one thing's for sure, when I finally walk out of your doors, I'll miss my away-from-home family - the staff. I've stayed here for 7 months and the staff are undoubtedly the best thing about this place. They work hard and go well above and beyond the call of duty to cater for the guests' needs. In particular, Shirley, Zoe, Tony, Liu and Kiwi are all lovely and make this place a very special place to stay in.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • China

I stayed there for almost 2 weeks and I really can recommend this place. The location is just amazing - in the city center, good places to eat around and a short way to clubs. The staff is nice and helpful.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Was a bit harder for me to find, as the hostel is located inside another motel building. Staff was very helpful, room was ok- clean and functioning. Security lockers have tiny locks that can be crushed in seconds if someone wanted to steal something. I had two guys telling me that their possessions were stolen there- one had camera stolen from inside of the room, the other one left a hair wax at the wash basin for a few minutes and it was gone. So this needs huge improvement. Otherways quite ok.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Bugs. Bugs in the showers, bugs in the common area, bugs especially in the bed. Otherwise, good location, nice breakfast, and the best staff. Beds are comfortable and internet in the common area isn't terrible.

My second stay at this hostel. Not much had changed in 2 years and it's still a fun place to be. Good location near Nanjing road, friendly staff, nice communcal spaces and always a fun crowd.

Clean and fresh, staff helpful, beds v comfy, internet connection was decent. its in a nice area with bars . close to metro station.

• 31st Aug 2014

The best thing about the place is the location - right in the centre. It's clean and the staff are helpful to an acceptable level. However the main problem from the point I view of solo traveller is in the common area there is little atmosphere there - just people sitting on their phones so it's harder to meet other travelers.

Very good place to spend a few days in SH! Close to the center, and the Bund. English-speaking, kind and helpful staff. A good opportunity to meet people from all around the world. Enjoy! :)

• 28th Aug 2014

Really nice hostel. A bit more expensive but the facilities are allright and you get a very nice location! There is wifi but still very slow. Loads of international guest!

• 26th Aug 2014