Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

The air conditioning in the sleeping area was great. The bed was comfy and the staff was very nice. Easy to get to from the airport via the metro. The deck was gorgeous both at night and day. It was the perfect place for me to relax during my 21 hour layover. Thanks!

Would stay here again. If the restaurant would have a bigger menu everything would be just perfect

Had a great time here! Excellent location, really close to the bund, nanjing road and the metro station! The staffs here are very friendly and are always willing to help! Especially the guy at the bar (edison I think his name was) and the guy and the girl at the reception. The toilets are very clean and so are the rooms. Definitely recommend it if you're planning to visit shanghai!

Best Location Clean Centre food Bad wifi

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Absolutely loved our stay. As there were 10 of us it was hectic but the staff were exceptionally helpful and made checking in and out really easy. Thanks, wish we could have stayed longer!

Blue Mountain Youth Hostel is located near EVERYTHING. You have easy access to the metro, you're walking distance from The Bund and the famous Nanjing Road. The facility is located on the 6th floor of what seems to be a business/residential building. My friend and I were in Shang Hai for 5 nights and booked a Basic Twin Private with shared restrooms. The room was clean, and so were the restrooms and showers. I definitely recommend this hostel and would return if I visit Shang Hai again.

Very close to Metro (be aware it's a shared building, I nearly walked past), shops and river. Each bed had lamp and two sockets which was great. Shared bathrooms and showers fine but no gender split if you're fussy. Laundry facilities were great, staff nicely gave me another coin when my clothes failed to dry in one cycle. Not a party hostel, atmosphere was ok, but bar had more people. Clean, comfortable - would definitely stay again.

The staff members were incredibly helpful and hospitable. The rooms were clean and lockers and locks were offered for storage. The bathroom areas were marked that they were cleaned every 30 minutes; they always seemed clean to our group. This is a charming hostel with a wonderful location close to the Nanjing East Road metro station.

Bad looking place. Not made with care. As almost everything in China, the place looks durty, improvised, not built nor manteined with care.

The location is about as good as it gets. The staff was great, friendly, interacted with the guests, even went out with us one night. The laundry machines weren't great but they were understanding. Overall good time!

Poor air circulation in my room led to a very hot night. Drying machine did not work properly. Terrible wifi that seemed to only have a 10 foot radius of coverage. Convenient location and the terrace area was cool.

Nice hostel. Large common area with a bar and a pool table. Lots of western toilets and showers which is great given the size of the place. I found it hard to find, it's located in what looks like a small office building and isn't well signed.

This is one of our families favorite places to stay in Shanghai. It is in an awesome location, staff are always friendly, rooms are very clean. Breakfast is good and having a movie night is very nice. There is wifi in every room but if your in one of the end rooms sometimes you only have one or two bars. Another chair, other than the stool, in the suite would be nice. Great Value for money. It is a family.

• 6th Jun 2015

A great hostel with good vibe. The common area is very comfy and large, but still not quite big enough for the size of the hostel. The pool table and football table are great touches, as are the films every night. Hot water, washing machines, iron, electric plugs everywhere, huge roof terrace, good food, great location and friendly staff all make this great hostel. Downsides are few but include a lot of flies in in the showers and no usable WiFi outside the common area. Great stay though, thanks

We arrived early, so the staff gave us a free upgrade from a triple to a 4 bed standard room. It had no windows, but since we only stayed there to sleep it was just fine. The room was overall pretty clean, the bathroom floor was a little bit dirty. The wifi was a little bit slow, but free. The location is great to go out, but not in a nice neighbourhood. After all, I'd still recommend this hostel.

• 5th Jun 2015

We had a 3 person with ensuite bathroom which worked well, but the bathroom smelled bad and was moldy. Beds were nice. Staff was helpful and there was a nice "hangout" area with movies and basketball games playing. Location was an easy walk to the bund and subway with lots of food options. Wifi never really worked.

No wifi in the room. Smoking area everywhere. Clothes dryer machine suck.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

great place and great staff. nearly nanjing road

• 31st May 2015
  • Thailand

My room was fine (4bed dorm) and kept clean. The air con worked great too. The hostel had a good vibe and the staff were very helpful. My only issue is the bathroom corridor opens out to the smoking terrace and it often smells of smoke especially as the Chinese seem to come in to extinguish their cigarettes in the toilets! Also someone kept blow-drying their hair at 3am which could be heard from our room! Otherwise I enjoyed my stay, the location is good and I met some lovely people.

Excellent and affordable place to stay. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Interesting people. A fun place to be in, has good vibes.

• 29th May 2015