Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

AWESOME HOSTEL! It's only 5-8mins walk to the nearest subway and 15mins walk to the Bund and it's a perfect place to mingle with international guests. The toilets were clean & the showers had good hot water. Dorms were reasonably sized & individual lockers was provided inside each dorm. 2 washing machines & dryers were also available at cny10 per wash and per dry. The staffs were all friendly and speaks good english. Will definitely stay here again if I visit Shanghai :)

Great location!!! Subway station very near, 95% of the staff speaks fluent english, helpful and polite, clean rooms, we stayed at a deluxe double room and it was very comfortable. Would definitely go back, highly recommended :)

Well located hostel close to East Nanjing road subway & easy to get to from the airport. Very helpful staff in a really busy hostel. Lots of cheap places to eat in the street below. Warm which is essential in winter and outside deck for the summer time.

I just stayed one night here, but I loved the location (super easy to get to from the airport). Also since it was winter it was nice being in a bigger building with heating.

• 9th Jan 2015

Hostel was great! Staff were friendly and helpful. A lot of people staying there, so the common area got crowed quickly. Great location, right between The Bund and People's Square. Would stay again!

Solid place to stay, would have enjoyed the rooftop patio more if it were summer!

We stayed in a standard twin bedroom, it was more like a nice hotel room than a hostel! With nice view :) very close to the Bund, nanjing road, people's park and the subway. staff speak English!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

I highly recommend this hostel. The location provides easy access to the major attractions in Shanghai. The staff is friendly, the place is clean, and you feel safe. P.S. Sadly I lost a PNY 16 GB camera memory card during my stay in Shanghai. If anyone finds it at the hostel or somehow miraculously elsewhere in Shanghai. Please give it to the hostel staff so they can arrange a way to have it shipped to me. Cheers!

Great location, great common room. Bathrooms were ok, but could have been more facilities. I would definitely stay there again.

A decent hostel all round with an excellent location, quick walk from the Bund and about 2-3 minutes from the East Nanjing Rd metro station. The road filled up with great street food stalls in the evening (and some not so great) where you could easily get cheap food, plus a couple of supermarkets too. The hostel lacked any atmosphere although this might have been down to when we came (after Christmas). The staff's English wasn't great but they were generally happy to help.

We were initially staying at a different hostel in Shanghai and did not enjoy it, so we booked Blue Mountain Bund based on the fantastic reviews on HostelWorld. For a hostel in China, Blue Mountain Bund has amazing amenities and staff. The common room is great, and drinks and food are reasonably priced. The staff speak great English, and won't hesitate to tell you where to go to find great food and spots for nightlife. The location is close to the Bund and the Metro station. Would stay again!

Great hostel. Staff were polite and friendly and best of all, it's in a great location! I would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Dec 2014

15 minutes walking distance to the bund was great. I stayed at another hostel in Shanghai and actually prefer this one because it is so well located. Garbage cans in the bathrooms seemed to always be overflowing with paper so maybe they need more cleaning crew.

Bathrooms were gross. Toilet paper in the garbage was piled high. Went out to the bar they recommended and was drugged. Would not recommend this place.

Excellent location and facilities. Friendly staff. Easy to find just by following the site's directions. Dryer machine can't take too much laundry, clothes won't dry completely.

This was a great hostel in the perfect location for seeing things in Shanghai. We had slight problem on arrival with our room but the staff immediately upgraded us for a night while they sorted it out. The only problem was staff during the day were not particularly helpful. We had to work out everything for ourselves and they don't provide maps or directions to key sites like other hostels do. Would stay here again though and definitely good value for money.

A place that I will revisit again...

Reached the hostel and the staff promptly explained to us the rules of the hostel while doing up the registration. The room is relatively roomy and every bed has power plugs. Only bad point was that there wasn't anywhere to hang up the towels. The toilet and washing area were clean and sufficient for usage. The living room was lively and suitable for people who likes to meet others. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others visiting the area. Thumbs up!

My boyfriend and I have both stayed at tons of hostels and this is def our favorite in China. We got the cheapest room like we always do and were so excited to get upgraded to a really great room with a living room and balcony and loft for the same price. The place was packed with people and energy and had a cool hang out spot and for once the busy staff didn't ignore us, but nicely asked if we could take a seat and wait five minutes to be checked in. We'll go back next time we're in Shanghai.

i had a layover in Shanghai because of my flight from NYC to Taiwan, so I only stay one night in the hostel. It was easy to find, inexpensive, well-managed, and close enough to the subway ((green line (No. 2 line), the airport is one the same line, and that's the main reason i chose)) nothing to complain about bcoz I simply needed a place to shower and sleep. Guests were from everywhere and nice fyi if you want to make int'l friends. Staff was nice. Night shift was friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7