Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

2012 Total Reviews

Room was not completely clean when we arrived. Staff is nice, but not everyone is fluent in English. Atmosphere is good and excellent location (very close to East Nanjing street (shops and restaurants) and the Bund is a nice 15 minute walk.

The location is wuit good. The wifi is really poor, there are 3 computers in the common area and there is just 1 working and a very slow one. Talking about the staff, they are not helpful at all, I tryed to ask some advises about my trip around China and they were not very happy and helpful with my questions, maybe they have some more important things to do thang helping the guests.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Chile

great place to stay in shangai!!

I am a returning costomer and am also recommending this place to all of my friends, it's so central, very friendly and has eveything you need :)

• 12th Sep 2014

The staff kindly accepted a bulky package sent to me at the hostel address, and kept it at their desk for a few days until I arrived. I really appreciated it. Excellent cafe & bar style gathering space at the reception desk area.

It could be more clean. The door lock was inoperable. Free-provided drinking water would also be nice.

• 9th Sep 2014

Hostel was nice, and the staff was friendly. I thought it was a decent hostel, with a really nice deck.

Well Bluey 3, there's been many a flag raised, and many a disrupted nights sleep, but one thing's for sure, when I finally walk out of your doors, I'll miss my away-from-home family - the staff. I've stayed here for 7 months and the staff are undoubtedly the best thing about this place. They work hard and go well above and beyond the call of duty to cater for the guests' needs. In particular, Shirley, Zoe, Tony, Liu and Kiwi are all lovely and make this place a very special place to stay in.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • China

I stayed there for almost 2 weeks and I really can recommend this place. The location is just amazing - in the city center, good places to eat around and a short way to clubs. The staff is nice and helpful.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Was a bit harder for me to find, as the hostel is located inside another motel building. Staff was very helpful, room was ok- clean and functioning. Security lockers have tiny locks that can be crushed in seconds if someone wanted to steal something. I had two guys telling me that their possessions were stolen there- one had camera stolen from inside of the room, the other one left a hair wax at the wash basin for a few minutes and it was gone. So this needs huge improvement. Otherways quite ok.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Bugs. Bugs in the showers, bugs in the common area, bugs especially in the bed. Otherwise, good location, nice breakfast, and the best staff. Beds are comfortable and internet in the common area isn't terrible.

My second stay at this hostel. Not much had changed in 2 years and it's still a fun place to be. Good location near Nanjing road, friendly staff, nice communcal spaces and always a fun crowd.

Clean and fresh, staff helpful, beds v comfy, internet connection was decent. its in a nice area with bars . close to metro station.

• 31st Aug 2014

The best thing about the place is the location - right in the centre. It's clean and the staff are helpful to an acceptable level. However the main problem from the point I view of solo traveller is in the common area there is little atmosphere there - just people sitting on their phones so it's harder to meet other travelers.

Very good place to spend a few days in SH! Close to the center, and the Bund. English-speaking, kind and helpful staff. A good opportunity to meet people from all around the world. Enjoy! :)

• 28th Aug 2014

Really nice hostel. A bit more expensive but the facilities are allright and you get a very nice location! There is wifi but still very slow. Loads of international guest!

• 26th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel so much. The common area was spacious and the bar/atmosphere is great. I would not recommend the food since the street food around the hostel is so amazing. The rooms and showers are very clean as well. The location couldn't be any better...only a 3 minute walk to the metro.

Location is really convenient for subways or buses to connect to all major attractions. You can stroll to the Bund or Nanjing East Road in 5-10minutes. Bathrooms very clean. Soap was provided next to sinks and toilet paper in toilet stalls. Shanghai is a party city, so you should expect to be woken once or twice in the night by returning party-goers. If you want to party, the reception seemingly never closes unlike a lot of hostels I've been to in China. Negative: You get 1 very thin pillow.

Great location and the staff were eager to help with any problem we had. The rooms were a good size and every bed had a light and a plug socket which was very handy. Lockers were available in the room as well. I had no complaints about the bathrooms and the common area made it easy to socialise with other travellers.

This is my second time to stayed in this Hostel, for this time I tried the drom. I was nice too. I just good to staying here.