Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

I had such a great time in the Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel. Its location is the best ever!!!! We walked to the Waitan(?) - the best place to enjoy the night watch - and Nanjing Road subway station is really near from the Hostel. And the building is Hostel building-I guess- so there are house detective on the first floor. It made us feel very safe. The clerks of this Hostel were very kind and they speak English pretty well. Anyway I recommend this Hostel ! !

• 19th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Great stay! Everything was awesome, if I ever go back to Shanghai I would stay here again.

It was a good hostel, although not what I expected. Rooms are really small, toilets and bathrooms were far from my room. Not so clean, and Internet was really slow. But I thick for the price it's not a bad option, and it has a really good location. You have to know the hostel is inside a building with other hostels.

Very good hostel located near Nanjid Road and The Bund, it is in a 6th floor, but has a very nice terrace where you can relax from the busy city of Shanghai. The breakfast is very good and the staff was very helpful everytime I needed them.

Be aware it's on the sixth floor of a large building, or you will pass by it just like we did. Good location, fairly close to the Bund. Helpfull staff. Rooms are good value for money.

Such a nice Hostel literally three minutes from the bund, the staff were so lovely, the rooms are basic and clean and the bathrooms spotless. Really good atmosphere in the hostel and plenty of opportunities to get talking to people. Loved it!

An excellent hostel! Unbeatable location, really cool hang out space, laundry facilities, great WiFi, and excellent staff. If I was visiting Shanghai again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

My stay at the Blue Mountain Hostel exceeded my expectations. The staff was helpful an let me store my bag, even after I had checked out. They also were gracious and kind. There are great places to just chill and the bedrooms are very nice, and many of them have a nice view. The location was ideal for me because it was close to the subway stop. I was here for a two day layover and thought the central location was great. I would recommend staying here.

• 8th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel in a great location. The rooms were clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. Definitely recommend!

I had a pleasant time here at this hostel. No issues with the staff and I really enjoyed my time there. The only issue I had was I had wished they told me that printing at their hostel costs money. I was under the impression that it was free, but again that's something I should've have asked.

• 1st Jul 2015

Would recommend! Great location, personal chargers and lamps in the dorms, personal lockers, and staff are friendly! Only stayed 3 nights, but could have easily stayed longer.

Perfect for the Chinese standard.

Unfortunately there was no Wi-Fi in dorms.

It's a good hostel with nice staff, always available. but a lot of rooms and people, and people don't talk to each others.. So if you like intimity... Nice terrace. Prices at the bar quiet expensive.

The air conditioning in the sleeping area was great. The bed was comfy and the staff was very nice. Easy to get to from the airport via the metro. The deck was gorgeous both at night and day. It was the perfect place for me to relax during my 21 hour layover. Thanks!

Blue Mountain Bund Hostel was a very nice place to stay. It's location is so close to the Bund and East Nanjing Street without being directly on top of it. It's on the 6th floor of the building so everyone has a cool view of the very metropolitan Shanghai. The staff were so helpful and the room was immaculate! Very cool rooftop garden and partying area too. Pay for the ensuite bathroom and you will feel like you're in a hotel.

Would stay here again. If the restaurant would have a bigger menu everything would be just perfect

Maybe I was the exception where everything went wrong, but this hostel was a TERRIBLE experience. Toilets constantly blocked. When I asked for it to be fixed, it wasn't. Laundry is self service and the dryers don't work. So after 5 hours trying to do my laundry in the middle of the night I ended up having to hang them out in the rain, hoping it would clear up and dry before I left. They do not offer any tours and they wont direct you to an agent to contact. Worst Experience Ever!!!

Dear Sir, This is the manager,sorry for everything happened to you.About the toilets,it did happen. But at night, me and the receptionist went to your room to clean it up.If that doesn't count I don't know what to do. Dryer, if too many clothes, it would take two rounds to dry.You could have asked us to check if setting is right or not. Free token is offered if dryer didn't work at the first time.We do't provide tours or any agent since all the travel agences in China rip foreigners off!

Had a great time here! Excellent location, really close to the bund, nanjing road and the metro station! The staffs here are very friendly and are always willing to help! Especially the guy at the bar (edison I think his name was) and the guy and the girl at the reception. The toilets are very clean and so are the rooms. Definitely recommend it if you're planning to visit shanghai!

Best Location Clean Centre food Bad wifi