Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

1965 Total Reviews

Great location and well positioned to walk / take the metro to all the sights and airports. Friendly atmosphere and comfy beds. As a solo female traveler, I never felt unsafe walking around the neigbourhood, even at night.

We had a doublebed room it was just perfect, clean, big and confortable The location is good aswell and it was really much more like an good hotel room :)

Really enjoyed my stay! I was fortunate to make some great friends while I was here, and its easily done because the Blue Mountain has such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Pros: friendly, helpful staff, yummy breakfasts (3 yuan), good lockers, nice communal area, western toilets and facilities kept clean, plus I felt safe. Cons: a bit difficult to find, WiFi only available in the communal area, my dorm (4 beds) was a little small. Overall, I would absolutely reccommend! thanks!

I loved the atmosphere of the hostel, but there were spiders in the room!!! Yikes!!!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Best shower I've possibly ever had in a hostel! The far one on the left hand side :) Stayed several times before and keep coming back. Lovely staff and very organised.

Very close to metro and the bund. Excellent and helpful staff. Worth the money and will choose to stay at this hostel again in the future. Only thing is both males and females are using the same showering rooms... So it is a little awkward sometimes.

The experience was great! If ever I would go to Shanghai in the future, I would definitely check this hostel.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Brilliant hostel. Our twin private room was like an apartment. Staff were really helpful and we made some good friends in the hostel. they could do with a few fans outside near the pool table for enjoying outside in the summer heat. brilliant location very close to the bund and Nanjing Dong Lu. Would definitely reccomend the hostel.

Well, it's probably not like you can change that, but a double room is tiny! It's hard for two peapole to stay in the same apartment at the same time.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Poland

A good hostel overall, but perhaps a little disorganized. When the three of us went to check-in, the hostel gave us locks, but only two of them - thankfully I brought my own. Rather than assigning beds and lockers, we were told to just pick ones that currently weren't being used. This didn't cause any problems for us, but if there had been any damages to the room, finding the person responsible would have been more difficult.

Even though they gave me the room in their branch fish inn, thanks for all. The staff Chang'an was really helpful, regards

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • China

It is located near Nanjingdong Rd, so it is easy to take subway. However, it will be noisy when you sleep near door. Other facilities are good.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed at the Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel and it has quickly become my favorite hostel in Shanghai. I love the atmosphere. It is a difficult place to find at first if you aren't looking for the hostel being inside another hotel building. My flight was delayed from Wuhan and I got in three hours late but they kept my booking for me and checked me in quickly. The only thing that wasn't as appealing as the couple in one of the common showers and being quite loud about it...

My bed was super comfortable:-D it was a good place to stay. I stayed only for one night so I was just very happy with my comfortable bed. Two things which could improve: breakfast starts late, 8:30, not convenient if you need an early train or plane. And the wifi only works in the common room...so people don't talk in the common room but they stare at their phones

Encourage different age groups to get involved even families

Location is wow, just behind famous Nanjing road and the Bund.

Only stayed one nights so didn't fully use facilities but all staff were very helpful.

• 30th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel with perfect location! Clean and comfy! :)

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Russia

I had a good stay. The hotel is close to East Nanjing Rd, which is convenient for meetings there. The hostel staff was nice . My room was comfortable. I would certainly stay here in the future.

• 27th Jul 2014

Excellent place to stay in Shanghai. it is very close to the bund and other touristic places. it is valuable for money, very clean and comfortable. Internet only at lobby