Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Wifi should be available in room

The bathrooms aren't great for doing makeup, but otherwise this is definitely one of the nicest and cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. Plus it's right next to East Nanjing Road, so it's great for shopping.

• 30th Dec 2015

Blue Mountain is a well-run hostel that should meet the needs of most travelers. There is no kitchen however, but the ability of them to provide inexpensive food suffices. The one thing I did not like was having to walk outside and pass a social area to get to the toilets. The other thing that did not reflect well on the place was a cadre of locals in the building hanging out and smoking in a sitting area that was just outside my door...for this reason, I rated the security only average.

Very economic. Though I was strayed, the location is very good. Bed and room are clean. Good to stay

Good location !

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Absolutely loved this place. Homey atmosphere, amazing location and really nice clean rooms and facilities! Can't really fault it.

Great Hostel, esp perfect for your budget! Location is awesome, it was really easy to go anywhere in Shanghai. I stayed in 4 bed female dorm. I was worried if the washroom where all ppl use together would be too busy in the morning. But I didn't feel any inconvenience about this while I was staying in the hostel. Staffs were friendly. I would definitely recommend this hostel :D

Excellent staff service, very helpful from the staff at the reception to staff at the bar! The atmosphere in the hostel is great. I did not think i would enjoyed the stay as much as I did, as the pictures on the Internet do not reflect the true picture of this place.( in real life, it is much nicer). The only one thing I would say is the pillow is a bit thin for my liking, but it is a hostel after all. Great place!

Staff were extremely friendly. Stayed in a mixed dorm and I liked it. Would stay here again, the location was pretty good. Close to the station and was able to walk to the Bund.

The place with its atmosphere seemed very comfy, they showed movies in the evenings if you just wanted to hang relax. However it wasn't too great for meeting up with people to go out in the evenings but maybe it's different in summertime (visited in Dec). Breakfast was a bit overpriced but still nice! Location was great. The only bad thing was that it was a little bit too cold everywhere, also there were many people staying long term in the rooms and had all their stuff filling the room.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Very helpful staff! Our room was perfect and the location was great too!

The room I was in (608) was almost impossible to sleep in due to noise from the plumbing and people using the showers and sinks. This room should not be used for accommodation. There were broken and loose tiles in the room. The locks and the lockers were very flimsy The guy (Chris) who finds groups of Western travels to take to bars for a commission should be banned. He doesn't stay at the hostel so why is he allowed to hang out in the common room looking to make money off travelers.

A fantastic place to stay in Shanghai. Best prices for the awesome facilities you get to use. With staying in China for 3 months; this place is very organized and clean compared to other hostels.

Good hostel!

Hard to find as tou need to locate the building first. but once found it is amazing!!

• 7th Dec 2015

The WiFi is extremely frustrat. It does not work for anyone. You must request for your room to be cleaned and even then they do not change your sheets or clean the bathroom properly. The room is small but comfortable. The location is great but there is no atmosphere at all. While we were staying there, the hostel was filled up with local chinese business people. If you're looking for nothing more than a bed in a good location, this is it. For anything more, look elsewhere.

It is not possible that there is not an area (and not the bar) where we can stay and eat our food.

Great location, located within walking distance from metro station and Waitan. Good place to make new friends. I would definitely revisit this place.

Eerything was OK, but we only stayed one night.

I had a double room with ensuite which was excellent. The room was clean, didn't smell and felt comfortable staying. However, whenever I used the common toilets, they were also clean and I found nothing wrong with them. The staffs were nice and helpful, although you might not find them particularly friendly. The best part of this hostel is the location hands down! Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone, and I would stay here again if I were to visit Shanghai.

• 30th Nov 2015