Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Convenient location with a stunning view overlooking the city. Short walk to the bund and various other popular attractions.

The staff members were incredibly helpful and hospitable. The rooms were clean and lockers and locks were offered for storage. The bathroom areas were marked that they were cleaned every 30 minutes; they always seemed clean to our group. This is a charming hostel with a wonderful location close to the Nanjing East Road metro station.

Bad looking place. Not made with care. As almost everything in China, the place looks durty, improvised, not built nor manteined with care.

The location is about as good as it gets. The staff was great, friendly, interacted with the guests, even went out with us one night. The laundry machines weren't great but they were understanding. Overall good time!

Poor air circulation in my room led to a very hot night. Drying machine did not work properly. Terrible wifi that seemed to only have a 10 foot radius of coverage. Convenient location and the terrace area was cool.

Nice hostel. Large common area with a bar and a pool table. Lots of western toilets and showers which is great given the size of the place. I found it hard to find, it's located in what looks like a small office building and isn't well signed.

This is one of our families favorite places to stay in Shanghai. It is in an awesome location, staff are always friendly, rooms are very clean. Breakfast is good and having a movie night is very nice. There is wifi in every room but if your in one of the end rooms sometimes you only have one or two bars. Another chair, other than the stool, in the suite would be nice. Great Value for money. It is a family.

• 6th Jun 2015

A great hostel with good vibe. The common area is very comfy and large, but still not quite big enough for the size of the hostel. The pool table and football table are great touches, as are the films every night. Hot water, washing machines, iron, electric plugs everywhere, huge roof terrace, good food, great location and friendly staff all make this great hostel. Downsides are few but include a lot of flies in in the showers and no usable WiFi outside the common area. Great stay though, thanks

We arrived early, so the staff gave us a free upgrade from a triple to a 4 bed standard room. It had no windows, but since we only stayed there to sleep it was just fine. The room was overall pretty clean, the bathroom floor was a little bit dirty. The wifi was a little bit slow, but free. The location is great to go out, but not in a nice neighbourhood. After all, I'd still recommend this hostel.

• 5th Jun 2015

We had a 3 person with ensuite bathroom which worked well, but the bathroom smelled bad and was moldy. Beds were nice. Staff was helpful and there was a nice "hangout" area with movies and basketball games playing. Location was an easy walk to the bund and subway with lots of food options. Wifi never really worked.

No wifi in the room. Smoking area everywhere. Clothes dryer machine suck.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

great place and great staff. nearly nanjing road

• 31st May 2015
  • Thailand

My room was fine (4bed dorm) and kept clean. The air con worked great too. The hostel had a good vibe and the staff were very helpful. My only issue is the bathroom corridor opens out to the smoking terrace and it often smells of smoke especially as the Chinese seem to come in to extinguish their cigarettes in the toilets! Also someone kept blow-drying their hair at 3am which could be heard from our room! Otherwise I enjoyed my stay, the location is good and I met some lovely people.

Excellent and affordable place to stay. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Interesting people. A fun place to be in, has good vibes.

• 29th May 2015
  • India

Good hostel, but lacked atmosphere a lot of the time. The fact the pool balls get taken away from you (10pm) like a naughty school kid probably dosent help the situation, bearing in mind this was a Friday night and there was a lot of people around. Music would be nice being played throughout the social area in the evenings (fri-sat), whether that be on low or slightly higher. One set of toilets and shower rooms for the size of the hostel isn't that great. Location very good though!

We just feel bit off by the girl in the reception desk. We would like a help to book train tickets and she directed us to a wrong way. Good that we are saved by a friend showed us that what she wrote is wrong. Perhaps she doesn't completely understand English or so? But it is a review for a front officer to improve their communication skills.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great location near Nanjing Road and the Bund. The facilities are excellent, the vibe is great and the staff friendly and helpful. If I visit Shanghai again I will certainly go back to Blue Mountain.

Really good location, very central (just off the main street in Shanghai) and within easy walking distance to all main sites. Excellent common areas, lounge area, pool tables, movies on each night etc. Good wifi. Bar with cheap beer (however water and coffees were pretty over-priced). Really clean hostel, with toilets and bathrooms cleaned every half hour. Only problem we had wAs that the laundry dryer didn't really work properly (took forever to dry!) Overall, an excellent stay!!

I started my trip though china here and it was a good place staff really helpful and hostel was fun to be in but need to improve on the cleaning otherwise a good place to stay

Very dirty! It covers the basics, but not by much. My bed sheets were stained and torn and it didn't seem like the room was cleaned at all. locker latch was almost completely broken off and easily could be unscrewed and broken into. I just wasn't impressed. I also didn't realize there wasn't Internet in the rooms, never would have booked if I had known that.