Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

The location is close to subway station. Staff is nice. However, the shared bathrooms are smelly!

staff were all very friendly and helpful, even if one looked perpetually bemused loved the deluxe, a choice made by circumstances, wish I'd stayed longer. would recommend hanging or cupboard space in deluxe double, might encourage longer stay

I feel that the The hostel was in an amazing location in walking distance from the mall and plenty of food it was a great atmosphere I love the outside balcony and view of the city.

地理位置很好,青旅有个很大的阳台,吹吹风什么的很棒!晚上饿了什么的下楼就有一堆路边小炒来一发,简直棒呆!

nice staffs and tasty coffee.. it's little bit hard to find english sign outside of building though,

Nice location nearly MRT and restaurants .staff very kindly for updates type of room .thank you for your help n service .

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

PROS: Nice hostel atmosphere and I had an okay experience. Left luggage (RMB 5) service was decent. CONS: A bit of a walk from the subway station, and the hostel was difficult to spot because it's on the sixth floor of a building and there were no English signs outside. Small bottled water at the cafe was a bit pricey though at RMB 5.

Overall had a great stay here! Fantastic location and good value.

The single room was very small, not very clean, and smelled a bit strange. But considering the price I guess it wasn't totally unexpected. Convenient location for sure, but there are better hostels in the same neighborhood.

I've stayed here twice now, and both times have been very pleasant. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and the hostel is very conveniently located.

Already my 3rd time booking with Blue Mountain Wai Tai Dian. This time I felt a lot better because I booked a single private room dorm)) Here is much more cosy than living in a dorm and A LOT CLEANER than the public shared toilets. Still very nice bar with film evenings and other fun stuff. Unfortunately this time I came NOT for vacation but for work, therefore only stayed here for two nights. At any case, this very fabulous)

The staff work at reception is professional,especially the staff named Shirley.recommend this hostel to the travelers who will stay in Shanghai!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • China

I had an awesome time at that hostel. The staff was very helpful and the crowd was amazing.

• 25th Feb 2015

I stayed in the hostel four days first, at the end of January this year and then at the end of February. I stayed there eith my parents in the family room which was pretty good. Even though the room didn't have window, it was comfortable, clean. The location is very good and the staff were very nice and helpful. Next time I will definitely stay there again.

No heating in the room... You won't die don't worry, but it is cold in the rooms during winter... But there is AC and a nice terrace for summer !

We were impressed with this hostel because of it's price in such an awesome location! But we never expected the facilities to be this good. Everything was well maintained, clear renovations have been made to upgrade the bathrooms and bedrooms and very clean We had one shock/disappointment... this came as a shock on our last day- we peeked under the beds to make sure nothing had been lost there. The amount of dust there mus have been months worth of. :/ Definitively worth looking into.

The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of East Nanjing Road (and the station) and a short walk from the iconic Bund. Lots of delicious street food nearby. Plenty of showers and toilets, hardly any queues. And what a great price. Recommended!

be warned that the bathrooms are co-ed, and not cleaned as well as they could be. our room had a horrific amount of dust on the ceiling and under the bed (looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years). the staff are lovely though, and the location is decent.

My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room, and it felt more like a quaint hotel than a hostel—amazing value. The staff lacked city knowledge and couldn't provide us with a map of the area but otherwise responded kindly to our requests and spoke great English. The food was not that great, but we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking to be near the Bund!

This was my second stay at this hostel and it was just as good as the first time. We had a twin room with a huge window which was just great. It was quiet and clean. The room had towels, a hairdryer and toothbrush kits. Plenty of room and helpful staff. The location is just so convenient for getting around Shanghai. The metro station is on Lines 2 and 10 so you can go straight to HongQiao airport. Recommended.