Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Brilliant hostel - super location, good atmosphere and helpful staff. Everything you could need in Shanghai

good place to meet international friends

Very polite staff and warm atmosphere. We were supposed to have a dorm room but we found out after arriving that the dorm beds had been overbooked, so the staff apologised and gave us a private room to share.

The hostel was great for what I needed - basically a bed at the time, but would not recommend for people on a tight budget or wanting to stay for a long time. There are no kitchen facilities and you are not permitted to eat outside food in the common area. Pro's about this place include the very friendly and helpful staff and the location is excellent, right down the road from the East Nanjing Road metro stop and around the corner from some great street stalls.

• 11th Feb 2014

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff (good English).

Super comfy couches in the lounge, lovely staff, BEST espresso coffee and hot chocolates made in the common room, comfy beds and nice showers. Only a small complaint - none of the dryers worked so I had to annoy my roommates a bit by hanging my clothes all over the dorm room. Oops! Tegan, Australia

Security- Store your valuables at the reception desk. Location- In the center of town. Staff- OK. Atmosphere- OK, but it seems to be a party hostel. Cleanliness- could have been better Value For Money- cheaper than a hotel. Facilities- Common area seems small for number of people, Hard to find a seat in common area, and my dorm room was small and cramped (this is compared to comparable hostels that Ive been to in China) Overall- Not a bad hostel, but Ive been to better ones.

A pretty good hostel in a great location. My only complaints are that the laundry and water services, as well as a lot of the common area, are outside and freezing in winter. The bathroom and shower area is also cold. Also note that wifi is only available in the bar, which closes at 1am! It's hard to find a quiet place to Skype.

Superb location and easy to find. Was a little expensive but they only had the deluxe room available. The bar and services were very good.

A perfect hostel for a stay in Shanghai!

• 6th Feb 2014

BM is always a nice hostel to stay.The staff Chang an is awesome,very nice and be patient.

Overall its still a great experience to stay at the Blue Mountain, as I remembered it from years ago. What is still a problem is the poor heating situation.. it is quite cold in the facilities, as it was years ago. I was hoping they had invested in that. We had a twin en-suite room, which was nice and clean with a clean bathroom. The common showers and bathrooms are ok but the showers could need some fresh paint.. The staff is amazingly friendly and I am really looking forward to stay there agn

When I checked in bed was not ready so I went out came back still not ready it was already night I went out and when I came back it still wasn't done, finally at 4pm the next day they made my bed. Poor staff very rude. My room stank. Dryers do not work. Poor atmosphere. Ok location.

Very friendly and helpful staff! The bathrooms are clean and there's even wifi in the rooms. Excellent place to stay!

• 1st Feb 2014

위치가 엄청좋아요. 와이탄을 걸어서 갈수있구요. 난징동루에 있어서 괜찮은 식당도많아요. 추천할께요~ 겨울난방도돼요 에어컨을 히터처럼쓸수있어요

• 1st Feb 2014
  • South Korea

This is the first time I'd stayed in a hostel, but I have to say it was excellent! The wifi doesn't usually work in the dorm rooms, but I was in the room closest to the bar area and my bed could get a signal, so when it was freezing that also made the stay a bit more pleasant haha! Would DEFINITELY recommend!

• 31st Jan 2014

In the Blue Mountain Hostel you can definitely feel the atmosphere of true travelling, especially while sharing the room with young people from all around the world. The staff is always nice and eager to help you which makes your staying more comfortable. The colorful decorations, photos, music and great location in the centre of Shanghai makes this place worth visiting!

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Weronika02
  • Poland

I've stayed here for more than one month. You can meet new people there everyday. Thanks all staffs, especially "the young man" Dongji helped me a lot for getting my permit.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Pakistan

Great location! Staff are all helpful and nice, especially William, really loves to help around and talk to us guests. Great time here.

• 27th Jan 2014

This hostel was amazing. The staff was super nice and helpful. The bathrooms were very clean, especially the showers. when I return to shanghai for sure I will return to this hostel, and recommend all my friends to stay here!

• 24th Jan 2014