Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

The staff is very friendly and nice. Especially my home boy William "BJ Willie" Wang and my home girl Shirley.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Japan

Stayed here for about 2 weeks and had a great time! The staff were all very helpful and friendly and really made me feel at home. In particular, William and Shirley were awesome! The bar is a great place to meet other travelers, and the staff let you play your own music if you ask. Location is very close to the bund, making it easy to catch the best views of Shanghai at any time of day. Everyone I spoke to really enjoyed their stay, I highly recommend the Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel!!

• 21st Jan 2014

Great people always willing to assist you in any manner. For (E.G during my stay a client contracted a fever and management had him taken to hospital where the staff member stayed with him overnight, and then regular vists till he was safe to be discharged. Now this is true credit to management . Something you would never see in a hotel. Warren Cummins Perth WA

This hostel has a nice atmosphere, you can meet people there, have fun, and the rooms and toilets are very clean. And its located very close to the underground, and its easy to find it by the directions given.

I really enjoyed my stay. There is wifi in the rooms as well as in the bar. The staff was very helpful and the hostel is located very near the subway and Nanjing road. The twin bed rooms are big and very comfortable. If I go back to Shanghai I will return to this hostel.

This was my first ever time staying in a hostel and I have to say it was excellent! The staff are all super friendly and will make friends with you. The common room. Is also very home warming and you'll easily meet lots of new friends there. The toilets and showers are generally very clean as are the rooms. The lockers are a bit naff but they're good enough to store your belongings in

• 19th Jan 2014

Great hostel at great location, but it could even improve their service by offering a free map of Shanghai. I believe they could receive them via the tourism office.

Very well located for our plans in the city, good food just around the corner and helpful staff. I would come back :)

Great place to stay, feel like home. 工作人员都很可爱!下次还会来这边啦

• 13th Jan 2014
  • China

A good hostel for purpose. Centrally located, good information. Staff very helpful. Rooms are very small and bathroom has a see through window. Good if you want to watch each other on the toilet. Common area is very noisy and noise carries through rooms. Until 2am one night! But hostel serves its purpose.

I stayed in the 6 female dorm. Every facilities seem okay and clean to me. Location was the reason why I chose this hostel in the first place; very close from the Nanjingdonglu subway station.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Staff on duty friendly, but lacking in knowledge about the local area. The hostel struck me as budget hotel rather than a real hostel - the bar/restaurant was adequate. The biggest disappointment was the room; having paid for a Deluxe room my hope was that it would be a good standard. Unfortunately it suffers from a serious design flaw; a very high-ceilinged room which is split into an upper & lower area. The upper bed area was warm &comfortable, the lower sitting & bathroom areas freezing cold.

Great location, awesome bar and good standard. Friendly staff. Big plus for the excellent service! I forgot my toilet bag and they offered to send it using mail.

Great location; very helpful, very friendly staff.

Rooms are small but still cozy. As there are no restroom Door except the toilet and shower compartment, the rooms closed to restroom could be quite disturbed. Besides, they accept 24hours check-in, you can take shower but DON'T wash your hair, a hidden agenda is they are not allow you to use dryer after 11pm...except, you live in a private room.

Room was absolutely tiny; first room smelt of cigarette smoke. Staff was pretty friendly. General atmosphere was okay but nothing amazing. WOuld have liked the location to have a kitchen to help keep food costs down.

来过很多次蓝山了,住过好几间,同样价格的房间 差别还是很大的。有些超级小,有些很大很舒服,也有无窗的~这次只住一天还帮我升级到豪华间!总体还是很推荐的 前台员工都很好,几次都是带黑框眼镜的一个男生办的入住,这次因为晚到还主动来电确认,非常感谢

• 19th Dec 2013
  • China

The city is amazing and the hostel makes your stay even better. Friendly, helpful staff,especially Dongji was the icing on the cake of a hostel that provides great value for money. Thanks a lot!

• 18th Dec 2013
  • India

heater did not function well, other that everything is good, make new friends there

Great location,best staff! Very helpful with all the questions that I need in Shanghai. Especially the Xiaolan, the girl with red bow, helped me a lot.

• 14th Dec 2013