Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

It is not possible that there is not an area (and not the bar) where we can stay and eat our food.

Great location, located within walking distance from metro station and Waitan. Good place to make new friends. I would definitely revisit this place.

Eerything was OK, but we only stayed one night.

I had a double room with ensuite which was excellent. The room was clean, didn't smell and felt comfortable staying. However, whenever I used the common toilets, they were also clean and I found nothing wrong with them. The staffs were nice and helpful, although you might not find them particularly friendly. The best part of this hostel is the location hands down! Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone, and I would stay here again if I were to visit Shanghai.

• 30th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Very kind staffs made me feel warming

• 29th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Clean facilities and helpful staff. The location to downtown is great, and the view was good.

• 27th Nov 2015

Quilts and bed are of excellent cleanliness. My skin is kind of sensitive and used to fell itchy even on hotel beds. But I have totally no problem here!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • China

Cool hostel. Staff was class acts. Helped keep cab driver from ripping me off. Request loft room. They're amazing.

Great hostel. Good bar. Awesome location. There's probably 20 restaurants in 5 min walking distance. At night and morning there are street food vendors!! 5-10 mins from subway. The bathrooms are cleaned regularly. Laundry machines took about 60 minute to wash and 120 min to dry, but they didn't dry clothes completely. It was cold outside so I couldn't hang clothes to dry. Beds, lockers were nice! No complaints. Common area has tons of tables and couches and lots of plugs to charge your phones

I wasn't too happy with the location. Felt it wasn't the safest neighborhood.

Dear guest, Thank you for your stay with us in Blue Mountain Bund in Shanghai. Actually there is a police station 2 blocks away from our hostel and even a few around here. Also there will be police cars patrolling around this neighborhood, so this probably is the safest place in shanghai. But, still for travelers you need be careful with the tea traps like this on the streets. Blue Mountain Bund youth hostel

Very cool hostel with great social area, with bar/cafe to meet fellow travellers and large outside terrace area. Great location walkable to all the main spots such as the bund. Great cheap food options on the door step. Staff very helpful. Thank you.

This hostel is located in a perfect area by which u can walk to almost every historical site within 30 mins.

Great hostel, well located, social atmosphere and very helpful staff. The better hostel in Shanghai in my opinion.

One of the best in china, and I've been to dozens... enjoy!!

We really enjoyed our stay!! Definitely recommend this hostel, and hope to return some day!

• 21st Nov 2015

Excellent Hotel. Though it would be nice to have WiFi in the rooms. Other than that perfect!

Very average hostel. I think a lot of people staying here are people who work in the city but can't afford to rent, and this really affects the atmosphere. It doesn't feel like a backpacker hostel. The internet connection was terrible. The location was good though, just a few minutes walk from the bund and close to plenty of decent food options.

We booked a double room at this hostel. Despite the great location, I would only define our stay as acceptable but nothing more. The room was incredibly small, only the bed could fit. Since we had two suitcases and two backpacks it was very hard to move inside the room and to open the door. The cleanliness was acceptable but not exeptional, a lot of dust was below our bed. In addition, the very small room was not provided with any window, because of which we found a very bad smell at our arrival

Really nice hostel! The location is great, and the price is really cheap compared to what you would find in many other cities. Really nice atmosphere there at night, the guests all have a different story to tell. The staff is very nice, especially Coco who taught me Chinese :) 我推荐这个旅馆!

• 13th Nov 2015

Space in deluxe bedroom was excellent for two people. Incredibly dusty, however. You could taste the dust when opening or closing the drapes. Good location. Easy metro access. Very helpful, Englisth speaking staff. Very comfortable eight nights there. Easy, cheap self service laundry. Decent, not cheap breakfast.

• 6th Nov 2015