Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

They thought of everything at this hostel! And the location was so good we hardly had to spend any time on the subway to see places. Staff were really knowledgeable and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

The breakfasts were very good. Having to take the lift up and down from the hostel took a long time and was a bit of hassle.

Really really good. Lovely roof terrace, huge lockers with padlock provided by the front desk. Toilets and bathrooms were very clean, and soap provided at the sinks. Beds were big enough for me (I'm 193cm) and comfortable. There were no problems even coming back into the hostel very early in the morning.

Blue Mountain Bund is a good hostel. The ensuite room was basic without a window. It could get noisy from other rooms. The facilities were excellent as were the staff. The location is also good, with the subway very close, numerous restaurants and in walking distance to the Bund {15 mins max}

Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel is great. Superb location just a short walk to the bund, easy access by metro, fantastically helpful staff, and nice atmosphere to pass the time during torrential rain. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. Our four-bed room did not have windows but there's little to see when eyes are closed to sleep. It's all good.

I had a private room so that was nice after sharing a room for two weeks. The room was clean but not great. The staff was amazing, they are the reason I had such a great stay. I went to a friend and they helped me get right into a taxi with the correct address and everything. The Internet was very slow to start so that was annoying as I needed it to get a hold of my friend. They had a balcony which was secluded and a nice retreat. I would recommend and stay here time and time again!

Blue Mountain Bund is a good hostel. The ensuite room was basic without a window but adequate for a short stay. It could get noisy from other rooms. The facilities were excellent as were the staff. The location is also good, with the subway very close, numerous restaurants and in walking distance to the Bund {15 mins max}

I loved this hostel. It is located right near the Bund and accessible subways in Shanghai. The staff was *very* helpful and spoke great English. And the layout was like a giant living room / bar / restaurant with a huge outdoor patio for hanging out. It was very easy to meet other travelers (which is a must when traveling in China :D). Unfortunately I only stayed one night but loved the place.

I had such a great time in the Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel. Its location is the best ever!!!! We walked to the Waitan(?) - the best place to enjoy the night watch - and Nanjing Road subway station is really near from the Hostel. And the building is Hostel building-I guess- so there are house detective on the first floor. It made us feel very safe. The clerks of this Hostel were very kind and they speak English pretty well. Anyway I recommend this Hostel ! !

• 19th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Great stay! Everything was awesome, if I ever go back to Shanghai I would stay here again.

It was a good hostel, although not what I expected. Rooms are really small, toilets and bathrooms were far from my room. Not so clean, and Internet was really slow. But I thick for the price it's not a bad option, and it has a really good location. You have to know the hostel is inside a building with other hostels.

Very good hostel located near Nanjid Road and The Bund, it is in a 6th floor, but has a very nice terrace where you can relax from the busy city of Shanghai. The breakfast is very good and the staff was very helpful everytime I needed them.

Be aware it's on the sixth floor of a large building, or you will pass by it just like we did. Good location, fairly close to the Bund. Helpfull staff. Rooms are good value for money.

Such a nice Hostel literally three minutes from the bund, the staff were so lovely, the rooms are basic and clean and the bathrooms spotless. Really good atmosphere in the hostel and plenty of opportunities to get talking to people. Loved it!

An excellent hostel! Unbeatable location, really cool hang out space, laundry facilities, great WiFi, and excellent staff. If I was visiting Shanghai again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

My stay at the Blue Mountain Hostel exceeded my expectations. The staff was helpful an let me store my bag, even after I had checked out. They also were gracious and kind. There are great places to just chill and the bedrooms are very nice, and many of them have a nice view. The location was ideal for me because it was close to the subway stop. I was here for a two day layover and thought the central location was great. I would recommend staying here.

• 8th Jul 2015

Excellent hostel in a great location. The rooms were clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful whenever we had questions. Definitely recommend!

I had a pleasant time here at this hostel. No issues with the staff and I really enjoyed my time there. The only issue I had was I had wished they told me that printing at their hostel costs money. I was under the impression that it was free, but again that's something I should've have asked.

• 1st Jul 2015

Would recommend! Great location, personal chargers and lamps in the dorms, personal lockers, and staff are friendly! Only stayed 3 nights, but could have easily stayed longer.

Perfect for the Chinese standard.