Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Had two great stays here. Staff were very helpful and good place to meet some people.

• 15th Aug 2015

The bathrooms and bedrooms were not very clean and it was a bit strange to have to walk through the social areas to get to the bathrooms. The lift broke while I was there so we had to use the stairs. The staff did not know anything about any day trips at all, although otherwise were quite friendly. The location wasn't all that easy to find from the instructions and I needed to use google maps.

Great location. Breakfast options a bit limited compared to other hostels in China. Air conditioning in the room was leaking. Lots of families staying there, not sure having kids staying in hostels is a great idea.

I stay here every time I go to Shanghai. Location is fantastic and the rooms are great.

Great place to stay for a few nights. Had a minor misunderstanding with trying to check in for two consecutive bookings simultaneously but was quickly resolved. All facilities great, staff helpful and rooms quiet, cool and clean. Location is also second to none. Food available was slightly pricey for the area but there is plenty of stuff nearby anyway, would definitely recommend!

There is only one negative side ot this place: the internet connection is just terrible. Everything else is fine.

Generally good, saw some very strange people though.

Only 10 minutes walk from the spectacular views of the Shanghai skyline on the bund. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any queries. Great common area for meeting fellow travellers and making new friends. Great hostel overall

Spent one night so hard to be blown away or terribly disappointed. Location is great for a first timer in Shanghai, although you'd never really want to be next to East Nanjing Rd and the Bund once you've been before. Staff was helpful and I can imagine people can socialize in the bar area, although I did not see efforts from the hostel staff to encourage it. Curtains around beds help with privacy.

Great location, good hostel.

great hostel, very helpful staff and nice public areas to meet people as well as a pool table and cheap drinks.

We were very impressed with the location and the atmosphere of the hostel. We felt the hostel could offer more to do in Shanghai, more food options in the menu and the wifi was poor. But overall we enjoyed our stay.

Very friendly and helpfull staff! Would recomend this hostel to everybody... very good location!

Great hostel, good location, clean bathrooms and showers, Nice common area and helpful staff. Good place to meet other travellers. Only downside was the wifi wasn't great, it would connect about 1/3 of the time.

The second visit. All nice. room, location, etc.. But bar staff working night is not good. Because When I need bottle opener, I went reception. Reception staff told me you can borrow bottle opener at the bar. But bar staff do not borrow bottle opener.... I don`t know why.....

This hostel is well located, the staff is pretty friendly and helpful. They helped us buying our train tickets. Bathrooms are clean, only the room was a bit smelly (double room-shared bathroom). Amazing terrace and a lot of space to dry your clothes.

They thought of everything at this hostel! And the location was so good we hardly had to spend any time on the subway to see places. Staff were really knowledgeable and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

The breakfasts were very good. Having to take the lift up and down from the hostel took a long time and was a bit of hassle.

Really really good. Lovely roof terrace, huge lockers with padlock provided by the front desk. Toilets and bathrooms were very clean, and soap provided at the sinks. Beds were big enough for me (I'm 193cm) and comfortable. There were no problems even coming back into the hostel very early in the morning.

Blue Mountain Bund is a good hostel. The ensuite room was basic without a window. It could get noisy from other rooms. The facilities were excellent as were the staff. The location is also good, with the subway very close, numerous restaurants and in walking distance to the Bund {15 mins max}