Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Great place to stay, very close to the Bund. WIFI doesn't work outside of the dining area and is getting very slow in the evening when everyone is in and doing their daily web browsing - please add more hotspots. Overall - Good.

Very Nice Hostel, location is awsome just on the Nanjing street and The Bund and a metro stop away from Pudong, good choice in Shangai

Great hostel. Only downfall would be the thin walls we had in our room.... Since it was near the bathroom, we could hear absolutely everything including those coming back at 3am from the bar

Great hostel. The only thing missing is kitchen.

It is good but some condition is not good such as I would like to ask them to keep my baggage after check out but they deny for some reason.

The hostel was a bit difficult to find and not in the expected place. It was very close to the metro station which was super helpful, and they provide you with a key to a locker inside the room which was great! Wifi is only in the bar. I was only staying for a night and left very early in the morning for the airport. It was great for what I needed it for.

• 6th May 2014

Great location close to the metro and The Bund. The staff were friendly but the rooms could have been a bit cleaner. The common area was big and had a good atmosphere. I think the shower and toilet facilities were a bit lacking, not enough toilets in the morning and small shower cubicles. A bit noisy if your room is near the showers or common room but over all a nice modern hostel.

The beds and bathroom were in good order, and overall we had a pleasant stay. However, there is very little variation in food in the bar/restaurant and apparently they only have some breakfast and lunch courses, no dinner. Also the bar staff was giggly and didn't really speak English, they could have been more helpful.

Rooms were very clean, with good beds, huge lockers and an electric plug for each person. Many showers and toilets that were always clean. Atmosphere was a mix as met lots of nice chill people, but others just seemed to be studying there. Definitely join the trashy weird girl that takes you to parties, as partying in fancy Shanghai clubs (for free?) is worth the experience. It is located 5min away from Nanjing Rd and 10-15min away from The Bund. Lots of local restaurants near.

The location just 10 minutes walk from Nanjing East Road MRT Station is excellent which help to save much travel time - close to all important attraction with the easy access to the MRT. Room cleanliness is reasonable. However, the shower room is limited (only 3 available, the other 3 are not open). Also, WIFI which is only available in the Bar is good (which force you to sit there and minglle with others) but also bad (I need to do all my emails at the bar, which was very noisy in the nite).

• 3rd May 2014
  • Malaysia

We are mature, older travellers and we found the hostel really loud past midnight. We believe the hostel may be more suited to young people. Also, it is not very clean.

all staffs were very nice and kind and as the staffs are 24hour security is good.location also good only 5 min from the subway station.

excellent location with walk distance to Nanjing Road metro station (No. 1 Exit), atmosphere is very good and the young staff are really enthusiastic and helpful. highly recommend!

Great place, staff are friendly, guests are cool and the location and facilities are above par. It's a great place to get into the party scene in Shanghai (which can be crazy if you tap into the right stream). I love it here.

Great location, good hostel vibe. Overpriced breakfast, so skip it.

In Shanghai Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel, we booked a double-bed room, which was extremely small for two people. The room had no window. The toilet was clogged during most of the time and the staff did not empty the dustbins one single time during our stay nor did they clean the very small bathroom. Staff, however, was friendly. I wanted to rent a bike for one afternoon but staff did not know where there could be an opportunity to do so. Atmosphere was good. I would not stay there anymore.

The customer service at this hostel was outstanding. I was called by the reception to confirm my booking on the day and was asked if I still wanted the room. Check-in was efficient and friendly and the staff were able to offer me useful advice in English for travelling in Shanghai.

The hostel is in a great location, only a few minutes walk to east nanjing subway. Stayed in a twin with shared bathroom, the room was tiny and right by the washrooms which was always noisy. The hostel was loud at night but the staff weren't concerned about it. Overall, was a little disappointed with the hostel.

Recommended! :-)

A bottle of drinkwater on the rooms would be a last great improvement to the anyway very good impression of the hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2014