Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

1907 Total Reviews

Good location, close to the subway and the main places. Reception was moving when I arrived, so the visit was a bit quick. Helpful staff anyway. Confortable double ensuite room, with TV set, AC, and WIFI. Food and drinks are convenient, but a bit overprice. The place was quite during the week, but try not stay in the room 670 (next to the common room) during the WE.

Really good value for money and only a five minute walk to the subway which you can catch all the way to both international airports. The four bed dorm was spacious and had good sized lockers for storing your bag in.

Great location, able to walk around and close to the subway. Staff were helpful and they have good facilities, wifi is decent and the beer is cheap. Would stay here again.

Pretty average hostel. The bar area is pretty cool, but for whatever reason it was harder to meet other travelers at this hostel compared to other hostels I've stayed at. Most people in the bar area just seemed to do their own thing on the computers, phones, etc. The few people I did meet said the same thing as well, figured it was because there isn't as much activities organized by the hostel. Great location though.

The bathrooms were dreadful. No where to hang clothes to stay dry while you shower. Hand basins constantly leaked all over benches. Toilets good, just dreadful showers. Also bathrooms off pool table room so not good for taking as little as possible to get all wet while showering.

- Staff speak good English and have a good knowledge about Shanghai - They allow you to laundry - Deluxe room very spacious

• 31st May 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything was very good. Nice stuff, so sweet, that sometimes I even thought to tell them:"Stop leaking me so hard", soft beds, good washrooms, very good lounge area. I liked this place.

Wonderful hostel located next to the bund (10-15min walk). Staff is very friendly and helpful - although I canged my room last night to a doublebedroom, they did not charge me more. There is also a big terrace to chill out. Only problem I had my laudry didn't get dry after using the drying machine 90 minutes - so I had to do it twice which took me another 90 minutes. However to summarize: a very nice hostel which I can reccomend.

The bar and lounge area has blaring music and lots of chatty people (great for meeting others) and the only quiet place is to hang outside where the smokers are. Otherwise, a great hostel. Internet is sometimes slow or problematic but it's hard to find good internet in China anyways.

• 30th May 2014

I stayed in the hostel for more than 3 weeks and enjoyed everyday! Just in the centre of Shanghai's nightlife, amazing staff, clean facilities, cozy bar area where movies are shown from time to time - nothing you cant want more. Florian, Germany

I will not stay there anymore. dirty and no value for money.

• 28th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I spent 3 nights here, and I had a good experience. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm, which was very clean, and lockers big enough for a large bag were provided, along with a lock if you needed it. The staff spoke English and were very helpful. Unfortunately, wifi is not available in the dorms, only in the common areas. However, the location is really central near Nanjing Road and the Bund, and it's an easy walk from the metro/easy to find as long as you know that it is in a building with other

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was really nice and helpful, it was a pleasant stay their :)

Basic hostel not very appealing, no atmosphere at all. the rooms are classics but the location is perfect

Great hostel, good location, gorgeous staff! Tip: Follow to club promoter

• 23rd May 2014
  • Sweden

Everything perfect but the stuff surfing breakfast and coffee works to slowly

the place is neat and close to the railway station. the staff is really helpful, love the bar there :)

We thought it was a lovely establishment. We did not spend long inside the actual hostel, but had a pleasant stay in our room.

This place was great! It's in a slightly strange location -that is, it is in a large building with a couple other hotels, but hey, it's China so I guess it's not that strange. Other than that though it's really close to Nanjing Road, the famous pedestrian street. The staff were nice, spoke English, and upgraded us for free! We had one of the private rooms with our own bathroom. It might be a little small for some people, but my friend and I thought it was perfect!

I had a great stay here. Thank you very much!!

• 14th May 2014