Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Great location,best staff! Very helpful with all the questions that I need in Shanghai. Especially the Xiaolan, the girl with red bow, helped me a lot.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Hostel was clean and the beds were comfortable. Shower and toilets were good also. Breakfast and drinks are a bit pricy and the atmosphere wasn't inviting for meeting people. Wifi was terrible. Slowest we've had on our 4 month trip and the place was very cold. Not great to come back to after a cold day roaming the Shanghai Streets

The staff was short minded, u ask for something and their first risponse was i dunno. I ask for a charger for my phone and the frontdesk dude said he didnt have, then i overlook in the basquet of lost and found AND THERE WAS ONE! The girl from the bar helps in an average way, but imagine she was the most helpful one! They are also not friendly, seem they r pissed all the time. Besides i got like tons of bug bites, think they have fleas!!! Location is super good, do not expect to meet ppl there.

I enjoyed my stay at the Blue Mountain. The location is very central, several minutes walk from Nanjing walking street, and several minutes walk from the nearest subway station. very good restaurants around, room was clean and comfortable. a bit pricey but considering the location i guess it's acceptable, was worth it in my opinion.

There were so nice accomodation. Easier to find, not far from the walking street and any attractions. The most thing I loved that the bar with free wifi and nice staff. Thanks for take care of us when we were there.

Easy to get to from airport, helpful staff, good location, clean and comfortable :)

• 4th Dec 2013

Great place, affordable, a little on the lonely side (no mass of bumbling fellow travellers interested in exploring Shanghai together--but then, I was there during the weekdays, and not during the travel season).

• 4th Dec 2013

처음 갔을땐 괜찮구나라는 정도의 느낌이었는데 머무를수록 느낌이 더좋아지는 호스텔이었습니다. 직원분들도 친절하고 다른지역 여행시 짐맡기는 서비스도 너무 좋았구요.. 특히 다른 호스텔로 옮긴후 그곳으로 바로 옮겨가고 싶을정도였습니다. 물론 다른 지역에 좀더 싸고 좋은 곳이 많지만 상하이만 놓고 본다면 블루마운틴 번드가 최고가 아닐까 싶네요^^

The wireless internet here is nearly unusable. I have been here for over a week now, and the wireless works about 10% of the time. People complain every day, but the staff doesn't seem to care. Typical evening here is 8 people sitting in the common era staring at their laptops in frustration. What is the management thinking? Good luck getting any work done while staying at this place...

Great location, I booked at private double which was small but was good for 1 person. Lovely Hot rain showers and very helpful staff. It's only 10 mins walk from nearest Metro and 10 mins walk from the Bund. Ideal location.

We arrived for the marathon the next day and had a wonderful stay. The people at the desk were very helpful and eager to give directions or help us find places we needed to go. We always enjoy staying here when we come to Shanghai

• 30th Nov 2013

My stay at Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel was very good. The room was comfortable, clean, and had great amenities. The staff was beyond helpful with directions, suggestions on restaurants and nightlife hot spots. And the bar area was a great spot to relax and meet fellow hostel stayers. I had a great stay!

• 29th Nov 2013

Thank Bluemountain very much! I was be charged about 20000Rmb by the tea shop near the east nanjing rd. The staff Dongji helped me to find the police and went with me to the shop even it was not at his working time. Finally I got my money back. Really appreciate!

• 28th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

I liked this hostel.the location is amazing just off nanjing road and there are loads of restaurants in this street.The rooms are spacious but there is no wi fi inside the room which kinda sucks.Also the cafe serves really expensive food.The toilets and showers are very good condition.They provide free luggage storage.The coin laundry and dryer are brilliant too.There's was a pool table in the back terrace and everyone hung out there.He8 place to host a party

Family of five. Mom and four children ages 10-22. Quiet in one room, the other room was by bathroom and it wasn't as good. Staff nice. Location was great!

I had a really nice stay here. Although it was just for one night, I did meet other people who stayed there for longer and there was a good vibe between everybody. I also liked the bathroom and other facilities, that made the stay instead of good, excellent. See you next time in Shanghai!

Good choice to meet new friends there. The wifi's really slow though,hope someone can fix that. Staff are nice to everyone and smile always.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • China

The location is really strategic and easy to find, also very near to the subway! But I think they should improve more on the cleanliness because I found out some stains on my bedsheet

Wifi good, rooms are average, but access to floor is difficult five minute waits at the elevator just to get to the 6th floor. showers not the best; they work tho.

Great location,easy to walk around in downtown Shanghai. A nice bar with wifi could bring guests together which means meeting new people. Extremely nice staff there who could almost answer all the common requests for sightseeing in Shanghai. And Miss Jiang(xiao lan) helped me a lot there. Highly recommend to you!

• 25th Nov 2013