Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Good hostel, but lacked atmosphere a lot of the time. The fact the pool balls get taken away from you (10pm) like a naughty school kid probably dosent help the situation, bearing in mind this was a Friday night and there was a lot of people around. Music would be nice being played throughout the social area in the evenings (fri-sat), whether that be on low or slightly higher. One set of toilets and shower rooms for the size of the hostel isn't that great. Location very good though!

We just feel bit off by the girl in the reception desk. We would like a help to book train tickets and she directed us to a wrong way. Good that we are saved by a friend showed us that what she wrote is wrong. Perhaps she doesn't completely understand English or so? But it is a review for a front officer to improve their communication skills.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great location near Nanjing Road and the Bund. The facilities are excellent, the vibe is great and the staff friendly and helpful. If I visit Shanghai again I will certainly go back to Blue Mountain.

Really good location, very central (just off the main street in Shanghai) and within easy walking distance to all main sites. Excellent common areas, lounge area, pool tables, movies on each night etc. Good wifi. Bar with cheap beer (however water and coffees were pretty over-priced). Really clean hostel, with toilets and bathrooms cleaned every half hour. Only problem we had wAs that the laundry dryer didn't really work properly (took forever to dry!) Overall, an excellent stay!!

I started my trip though china here and it was a good place staff really helpful and hostel was fun to be in but need to improve on the cleaning otherwise a good place to stay

Very dirty! It covers the basics, but not by much. My bed sheets were stained and torn and it didn't seem like the room was cleaned at all. locker latch was almost completely broken off and easily could be unscrewed and broken into. I just wasn't impressed. I also didn't realize there wasn't Internet in the rooms, never would have booked if I had known that.

Decent stay. Shared bathrooms and showers kind of sucked as they were always full and are tough to keep clean. The rooms were very average, no curtain which isn't a make or break deal, but it's always nice.

Staff were really friendly, especially the night time guys. Only negative was our room stunk of smoke.

• 24th May 2015

Very Nice hostel, well located. Common room, breakfast, terrace is great. Private double room is big.

EVERYTHING IS EXCELLENT. I GET A GOOD HELP FROM THE HOSTEL STAFF. THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL. THANK YOU AND I WILL FIND TIME TO REVISIT AGAIN!!!

What I liked the most about this hostel is location, which is 15 minutes walk from the bund, and only 5 minutes walk from the metro station, also it is very easy to find. The staff could have been more helpful, they didn't know to explain the location of some monuments, which can be interesting for tourists. Only flaw for the room, which was three bed room, with private bath, was that it didn't have any windows, so no natural light. Anyway, i would recommend it.

• 20th May 2015
  • Montenegro

The rooms next to the bathrooms and showers are a problem, due to noise and lack of windows.

Overall great hostel. The facilities are great with a great common area and a nice terrace outside with a pool table. The staff speaks decent English and are extremely helpful. Rooms and WC are good and cleaned frequently. Would definitely stay here again.

In the dorms it should be forbidden to eat and to stay and talk while other people are sleeping. More common rules in the dorms are necessary. The girls that were sleeping in my room left such a mountain of garbage before leaving and beong noisy like I wasn't there. Solo traveller should be put in rooms with solo travellers

Great hostel, great location, I'd definitely stay here again. The lockers aren't too safe though, so be careful with your valuables.

I only stayed one night and I can't really think of anything that made me feel uncomfortable, it's a really nice place! Al the beds have little private shelves and lamps, the showers were clean and the open terrace was very nice! The atmosphere seemed really welcoming as well, it's a shame I arrived late and was really tired to enjoy it fully.

Super clean; great convenient location right next to one of shanghai's walking streets. The beds are very comfortable, with electrical plugs right next to each bed. My only concern is that lockers aren't too secure; the hinge on mine was falling off and could've been easily removed.

Very nice environment and cery central! Friendly staff and clean facilities. Rooms are small but ok for the price. Beds are very comfortable

The hostel is in a great location, well situated to the Bund and main shopping street! The english speaking receptionists are personable and really helpful! The hostel has a big common room with a bar where you can order snacks and drinks. There is also a big terrace besides the common room, a good place just to chill and planning the further itinerary! Lockers seem not be really safe! It's not easy to find an affordable and good hostel but this one might be a good one for exploring SGH!

Nice atmosphere, friendly and very helpful staff, this place was easy to find and handy for restaurants and shops.