Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Good hostel in a great location.

The hostel is in an excellent location. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean and comfortable.

• 3rd May 2015

Good location, food was reasonable, staff helpful and friendly. Double room was a little small for two large bags but still had just enough space.

Great hostel! Really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to many. In fact, I already have. The sky terrace is great, the lounge is good. However, the breakfast could be a bit cheaper!

• 27th Apr 2015

Movies every afternoon and evening. Friendly staff. Entertaining common areas. Bathrooms perpetually wet as expected.

One of the best Hostels I have stayed at. Make sure if you want to stay longer book in advance as internet booking take preference over people already in beds. I only left because I had not booked online and lost my bed.

nice and easy going stay in shanghai. hostel ist very close to nanjing east rd, so directly in the city centre. rooms and beds are good. big lockers provided. good opportunity for a cheap and cheerful weekend in Shanghai.

Excellent hostel, with a great atmosphere, friendly staff and in a great location.

I stayed at Blue Mountain my first few nights in Shanghai then returned upon the conclusion of my China trip. The location was awesome , super close and easy to find from the subway. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. I really enjoyed the rooftop and the atmosphere in its entirety. Great people and awesome times at Blue Mountain :)

This was a great hostel. The location is excellent. It is very centrally located - walking distance from the main areas of Shanghai. There are great food options nearby. The dorm rooms were very comfortable. The hostel was incredibly clean. The bathrooms actually had air fresheners - best smelling bathrooms in China. I recommend.

Blue mountain was perfect , pity about the city Easy to set people as communal facilities are awesome

The hostel is in the best location if you want to do some sightseeing! The rooms are ok for the price, you get what you pay for. We were satisfied. THe only thing: the staff couldn't help us out with information so much.

Friendly staff with Great English. Comfy beds and awesome location. If you want s cheap or free night out, get to know the promoter who will get you into places for free!! And drink free! Good fun

I stayed here for two weeks in an 8 bed mixed room in April 2015 and booked more time here at the beginning of May because I was really comfortable at this hostel. The facilities are really well maintained, the staff are friendly, the atmosphere is welcoming and the breakfast/bar is very nice. The only downside would be the dorms get too humid or too cold sometimes. Overall, this is a very good, affordable place to stay with good food and sights to see.

I stayed in a private twin room, shared bathroom; room was pretty small, one bunk bed and shelf, with no outside window, but clean. I was alone and it would've been a squeeze for two people plus luggage. Shared facilities were always clean and didn't really have to wait to use them. There is a laundry for use but no kitchen, but plenty of cheap restuarants and street stall options at night. Location is handy for metro and the bund. One staff member in particular was knowledgeable and helpful.

It's worth the price, I'm just unlucky by mine roommate, snoring like a mustang rsrsrsrs I recommend.

Air conditioner of roon 655 was broken. I told the staffs 'four times' but it didn't work at all. We just slept in cold room so my sister got a cold at the first night. After that night, we gave up complaining to fix the air-conditioner. Instead wore more clothes to sleep well. Please fix it.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Everything is OK but there is no WiFi signal in bed room.

Maybe a happy hour to improve the atmosphere? The guests barely talk to each other, of course it's a matter of choice but maybe the hostel can do something to help improve it. :)

Value for the money, nice atmosphere

• 4th Apr 2015