Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

The Blue Mountain Hostel is a great place to experience Shanghai, being near the city center and a few minutes from the metro. The beds are soft, with each bunk having its own nightlight, shelf, and outlet which is very convenient. Food is a bit expensive at the hostel, but there are number of great little restaurants around. You have to go the dumpling place just around the corner from the hostel!

Nice hostel, just a 5 min walk to nanjing road. The beds are Nice and comfy, the showers are clean and there is a Nice little bar area (closes at 1) There is wifi in the commonroom, but sadly not in the room. The staff was friendly but a bit rushed I would recommend this hostel because of the location!

I was honestly surprised by how pleasant my stay at this hostel. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It was perfectly fine for our group of 6. The sheets were a tad bit dirty, but the facilities, atmosphere, and location made up for it. I really liked the lunge area and they have a patio are that has a pool table. It was great! My friends and I loved our stay here and we will definitely be coming back to this hostel if we ever return to Shanghai.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Generally excellent stay, my only issue was that the WiFi is only available in the bar area, which is closed at 1am. Also the requirement to turn in all of one's bedding upon checkout is a bit inconvenient, especially as I had to check out quite early and didn't want to disturb my roommates.

Comparing price and other factors, nothing couldn't be better. Just 5 minutes by walk and you will be near Nan Jing Dong Lu station. Price and facilities are very good.

This Hostel has the ideal location to explore the city. There is a really good noodle restaurant beside it. Staff is friendly and there is a nice terrace. I recommend you to stay here. There is also everything for doing your laundry.

No window in the room,, bathroom smel , more if you have no ventilation. Worths the location, but you have betters around.

Got a room (double bed) around the corner to the common room so there was decent wifi signal inside the room. Room is tiny with almost no extra room (just enough to open a suicase if you close the door) but that's ok. There's a TV and good amount of international plugs in the room, which is nice. Located a floor above 7daysinn so look for the logo or YHA sign, and there's a lift which can get busy in the morning since it shares it with the other hotels and presumably offices. overall recommended

Everything goes well except the broken wi-if. ;(

• 15th Nov 2013
  • China

I REALLY appreciate it has a elevator since I had some large and heavy bags. Many China hostels have only stairs. Excellent location in downtown Shanghai. I recommend staying here.

I really had a good time in Shanghai and staying this hostel .I Was hit the Couchsurfing meeting there,stay there for 2 days,The breakfast was good and cheap.Fantastic location We enjoyed the communal terrace and bar area. Good wifi signal in the common area but not in the rooms.The desk was not extremely helpful as others.I asked several Travel Information .ok they did know nothing. just Google it.The stuff seems not so friendly as well.

Good location, a short walk from the bund and nice facilities.

we did'nt spend much time in the room. if you have an early morning start request a room away from the bar...

Very good hostel. Rooms are very good and price is good for this hotspot place in the center of Shanghai. Breakfast is good, but other food is a bit on the expensive side for what you get. Showers are good and clean. Nice place to meet people for some drinks or clubbing at night. Dorms can be a bit noisy, but it's normal for a yougth hostel. Rooms are more quiet, but walls are a little thin so sound travels easy, especially late night talking. Would definitely recommend it!

• 11th Nov 2013

I am 100% happy that i stayed at this hostel :)

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Poland

This place is really perfect. Rooms are a bit small, but beds are quite big and very comfortable. As in many hostels in China Wifi only in the common room and quite slow.

I had a terrible experience at this hostel. I booked a single room in order to get a good nights sleep. Unfortunately this was impossible because all night there was an extremely loud banging noise, it was relentless. I mentioned it to the staff, they said that the cables were loose on the lift and they were banging against the wall. I could not sleep at all, not even for 5 minutes. The staff were friendly however the fact that they didnt see the importance if being able to sleep was annoying

It took us a while to find the right hostel, perhaps more apparent signs/arrows from the subway to the hostel could be an improvement...but ok..we found it with some help, too.

Really good hostel in Shanghai. It is very good located. Friendly staff, who speaks English! Value for your money!!

Common bath its OK to average... Their doesnt have public Kitchen... the Bar its OK but overpriced... The terrace doesnt have nothing special its just a huge empty space... The security its good and their provide lockers into the room. its not a cosy hostel, this place is into a Office building so you get what you paid.