Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Great people inside the hostel! :) It was a really nice surprise to see guests from all around the world. Not very common in another Asian hostels. The stuff is friendly, English-speaking, and nice. Perfect place for backpackers! If you are lucky you could have a chance to be taken from this hostel for an amazing party in Shanghai!

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Very helpful staff, good location, at first I stayed in a 8 bed dorm but it was too crowded so I moved to 2 bed room and it was great except the noise from the terrace after 11pm. But nevermind. Bar was great, everything was clean so I was really satisfied with that hostel.

The staff were very accommodating and really helpful. The price was affordable. For the private room, there's an electric kettle, a tv, towels, free tea bags and cups, and basic toiletries. Wasn't really expecting all of these from a hostel. Kudos.

Was a little difficult to find but is a great friendly place with helpful staff.

Great hostel. Good facilities (pool table, outdoor patio, lots of sofas, and wifi in both the lounges and bedrooms). Staff is very nice and helpful. And there is a large lounge/bar area where you can meet lots of people. And the location in Shanghai is as good as it gets -- a few minutes from a bustling subway stop, and less than 10 mins walk to the Bund.

Great location. Located near East Nanjing Rd Station and only 5 mins from the Bund and on Line 2 connecting Pudong Airport and Hongqiao Airport and Train Station.

Very good location, and it`s a very good place to meet people, very close to Nanjing street which is one of the most beautiful streets in the whole China, and walking distance to the famous bund.

Absolutely loved it. Great central position, few minutes away from subway. Nice rooms, lovely bar and common space where you can meet people and use computers and wifi, which doesn't work in the rooms, only in those very close to the bar. Not the best for toilets and showers but for the very good price I couldn't ask for more. There are also washing machines and dryers, but dryers don't work very well. Super friendly and helpful staff. Bar service a bit slow though.

Fun hostel. I stayed here for two nights on my own then one with my girlfriend. One my own, I stayed in a four-person room. No windows (which is fine by me but might be an issue for some). Lockable closet in the room, which is nice. There's a very nice and reasonably cheap bar in the hostel, with a good social vibe. Also a pool table and some outdoor furniture in dubious condition. Located pretty well, good access to metro. Wifi in the rooms was not very effective.

The hostel and its staff were very nice!! I enjoyed my stay there!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Overall positive. We had a three bed room with ensuite. Small but suited our needs. Slightly annoying that lamp and bedside light both did not work but perks of a TV and kettle. Bathroom clean. Beds clean and comfy. Did not eat but had a couple of drinks in the bars. Seemed friendly and not to badly priced for Shanghai. Good ten minute walk to the bund but close to shopping street. Close to local cafés etc to eat. Bit hard to find as no outside advertisement (it is on the 6th floor)

• 7th Apr 2014

Note that standard rooms are very small and without window. Staff were helpful - we booked such room and they changed our reservation once bigger room was available. Great location in the city centre. Good facilities.

the very warm welcome from XIAOLAN impressed me a lot, probably choose BLUE MOUNTAIN if xiaolan is still there.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

Me and my girlfriend recently came to Shanghai on a weekend trip from Hangzhou and couldn't really be happier with the hostel. The beds were comfy, the staff were helpful and polite, the bar was nice (and the drinks were very nicely priced) and the hostel is located in a fantastic location down a street filled with restaurants and street food stalls right next to Nanjing Road and the Bund. The only thing I will say is that perhaps the hostel could make better use of its roof terrace!

hostel is very close to the bund, easy to go around with metro

Third time I come. Clean, friendly, not expensive.

We really enjoyed our stay here! Thanks Mr.Xu again for arrange the late chek in.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

It's a very good hostel.It's very clean and cozy.The staff there are very nice and friendly.Enjoyed my stay there.

No bad words to say about this place. Very clean, great location. Good spacious rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. I was able to post my postcards through them to the UK for less than the price of a first class stamp. Enough said.

Really nice service! We are a group of four. Our flight has been delayed, they kept the room for us and told us how to get there with the night shuttle bus! Thank you so much!!!!!!

• 25th Mar 2014