Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

1975 Total Reviews

perfect! as usual! :)

This place is cool, Great atmosphere and awesome location. The staff were as helpful as they could be but the wireless left a lot to be desired. I could nearly connect and when I could I could get maybe 10-25kps. I stayed during the world cup and games were broadcast very early/late. I was not watching but the noise was quite loud. It seemed like the others were having a lot of fun. Overall decent place.

This is our 3rd stay here, all with different accommodations, and all were economical and pleasant. Good base of exploration for Shanghai.

• 14th Jun 2014

It's a bit hard to find in the beginning, but then the location is great, close to a subway stop with lots of restaurants and shops around. The rooms are small but decent with everything you need. Large common areas with rooftop terrace, laundry facilities. Only downside is that there is only one shared mixed bathroom with only 8 showers and toilets for the whole hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Great location, rooms were very clean. The breakfast was decent. Helpful staff. Over all really great

not the first time i stay there, I live in SH this place is a nice getaway for me to spend few nites just drinking beer at lobby feel like am in vocation haha hope see u soon

I enjoyed my stay at Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel a lot! It will probably be my accomodation for the next stay in 上海!

• 12th Jun 2014

Nice lounge area and bar. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Many spoke good English. Double private rooms are very small and difficult to fit suitcases into but the beds are very comfortable. Overall very happy with our stay.

• 8th Jun 2014

I had a great time at this hostel, twins room is very comfortable, clean private bathroom, closed to subway line 2 Nanjing east station, closed to the bund and Nanjing pedestrian road. Nice facilities, specially the roof in the back, cheap drinks, my parents who are over 60 stayed on a double room and they loved the hostel, no complains about noise or cleanliness, good help at hostel lobby about things to do in shanghai.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

This place was pretty solid. The hostel was very well organized and set up. Huge common area with great facilities. Plenty of showers and toilets. Only complaint would be room cleanliness. I was there 4 nights and they never swept the floor in the dorms

Enjoyed our stay. Easy walk to the Bund, Good showers, hot water was always available. Staff were helpful even if they didn't have great English. The street is lively at night with plenty of restaurants and street vendors.

Good location, close to the subway and the main places. Reception was moving when I arrived, so the visit was a bit quick. Helpful staff anyway. Confortable double ensuite room, with TV set, AC, and WIFI. Food and drinks are convenient, but a bit overprice. The place was quite during the week, but try not stay in the room 670 (next to the common room) during the WE.

Really good value for money and only a five minute walk to the subway which you can catch all the way to both international airports. The four bed dorm was spacious and had good sized lockers for storing your bag in.

Great location, able to walk around and close to the subway. Staff were helpful and they have good facilities, wifi is decent and the beer is cheap. Would stay here again.

Pretty average hostel. The bar area is pretty cool, but for whatever reason it was harder to meet other travelers at this hostel compared to other hostels I've stayed at. Most people in the bar area just seemed to do their own thing on the computers, phones, etc. The few people I did meet said the same thing as well, figured it was because there isn't as much activities organized by the hostel. Great location though.

The bathrooms were dreadful. No where to hang clothes to stay dry while you shower. Hand basins constantly leaked all over benches. Toilets good, just dreadful showers. Also bathrooms off pool table room so not good for taking as little as possible to get all wet while showering.

- Staff speak good English and have a good knowledge about Shanghai - They allow you to laundry - Deluxe room very spacious

• 31st May 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything was very good. Nice stuff, so sweet, that sometimes I even thought to tell them:"Stop leaking me so hard", soft beds, good washrooms, very good lounge area. I liked this place.

Wonderful hostel located next to the bund (10-15min walk). Staff is very friendly and helpful - although I canged my room last night to a doublebedroom, they did not charge me more. There is also a big terrace to chill out. Only problem I had my laudry didn't get dry after using the drying machine 90 minutes - so I had to do it twice which took me another 90 minutes. However to summarize: a very nice hostel which I can reccomend.

The bar and lounge area has blaring music and lots of chatty people (great for meeting others) and the only quiet place is to hang outside where the smokers are. Otherwise, a great hostel. Internet is sometimes slow or problematic but it's hard to find good internet in China anyways.

• 30th May 2014