Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

the very warm welcome from XIAOLAN impressed me a lot, probably choose BLUE MOUNTAIN if xiaolan is still there.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

Me and my girlfriend recently came to Shanghai on a weekend trip from Hangzhou and couldn't really be happier with the hostel. The beds were comfy, the staff were helpful and polite, the bar was nice (and the drinks were very nicely priced) and the hostel is located in a fantastic location down a street filled with restaurants and street food stalls right next to Nanjing Road and the Bund. The only thing I will say is that perhaps the hostel could make better use of its roof terrace!

hostel is very close to the bund, easy to go around with metro

Third time I come. Clean, friendly, not expensive.

We really enjoyed our stay here! Thanks Mr.Xu again for arrange the late chek in.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

It's a very good hostel.It's very clean and cozy.The staff there are very nice and friendly.Enjoyed my stay there.

No bad words to say about this place. Very clean, great location. Good spacious rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. I was able to post my postcards through them to the UK for less than the price of a first class stamp. Enough said.

Really nice service! We are a group of four. Our flight has been delayed, they kept the room for us and told us how to get there with the night shuttle bus! Thank you so much!!!!!!

• 25th Mar 2014
  • China

Well located, good beds, washrooms not bad.

本当に素晴らしいところです、環境もいいし、フロントデスクの小安さんはとても優しい人です。楽しかったです。

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Japan

A very pleasant stay, this hostel is a safe bet if you're looking for an all rounder. 5 min walk from the Bund, close to some good local eats (just ask the staff), and not too far from East Nanjing Road. There's a communal area with computers, a cafe and a pool table, which can potentially provide an atmosphere. Rooms are clean and well stocked.

Stayed in Blue Mountain at least 10 times the last year, both in private and dorm rooms. A really nice hostel with a fair price for such a good location (10min walk to the MRT). The rooms are nice (sometimes you are lucky and get one with a really good view!), clean enough and the beds comfortable, which is rare in China. Staff is always helping and theres a nice chill-out-area with books, sometimes movies and food and drinks. Dorms were the best I stayed in China. Would always come back again!

We 3 girls stayed for 2 nights and then again another one at Blue Mountain. Location is really good, very close to Nanjindong Lu and the subway station of the same name. Staff is nice and really helpful, even baidu-ed Shanghai Laolao for me. :D Got two different 3 bed rooms and they were both real great.

U can talk with many interesting people n meet new friends here.

It s a very nice place.great location. the staff is awesome specially a guy called yang in front office.he is extremly nice and help me with my luggage.well done:)

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Tunisia

The double room was very small and the door of the bathroom was only separated from the bedroom by a glass door but i guess it is what you get for that cheap price in shanghai. There was a strong cigaret smell in the room when we arrived and it was not very clean, lots of dust. Otherwise, the staff was helpful and the location great, close from every sight and with everything you need around the hostel.

Convenient location - close to subway, and nice common area. Very helpful staff.

The Hostel was in a great location and the atmosphere here was excellent as the common room/dining area was well set up to allow people to meet and talk to one another. the hostel was full of students which made it more fun. A downside was no visible food menu and a limited amount of drinks, although we were able to bring food in from outside which was nice. It was very close to some great places to eat including street food. The hostel was clean throughout. www.amateurbackpackers.com

Thanks for all. I will come back.

• 27th Feb 2014

I liked it! there were tourists from everywhere and I really enjoyed the atmosphere.