Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

Solid place to stay, would have enjoyed the rooftop patio more if it were summer!

We stayed in a standard twin bedroom, it was more like a nice hotel room than a hostel! With nice view :) very close to the Bund, nanjing road, people's park and the subway. staff speak English!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Everything was good, but it was not easy to find this hostel at the first time. This hostel is at same building with other hotels, so yeah, this needs more sign. Just corner away from one of the biggest shopping area and bund. I liked the bar they having. Internet doesn't work well, but fine. I can wait for few secs. Well, I stayed with my sisters in private room, and room worth the money, but my friend who stayed at 4 female dorm said her room is not big enough.

I booked a private room so I didn't have to use the shared bathroom, but I did find the bathroom location a bit strange. Otherwise, everything is great about this place, very convenient and had all the usual facilities.

I highly recommend this hostel. The location provides easy access to the major attractions in Shanghai. The staff is friendly, the place is clean, and you feel safe. P.S. Sadly I lost a PNY 16 GB camera memory card during my stay in Shanghai. If anyone finds it at the hostel or somehow miraculously elsewhere in Shanghai. Please give it to the hostel staff so they can arrange a way to have it shipped to me. Cheers!

Great location, great common room. Bathrooms were ok, but could have been more facilities. I would definitely stay there again.

A decent hostel all round with an excellent location, quick walk from the Bund and about 2-3 minutes from the East Nanjing Rd metro station. The road filled up with great street food stalls in the evening (and some not so great) where you could easily get cheap food, plus a couple of supermarkets too. The hostel lacked any atmosphere although this might have been down to when we came (after Christmas). The staff's English wasn't great but they were generally happy to help.

We were initially staying at a different hostel in Shanghai and did not enjoy it, so we booked Blue Mountain Bund based on the fantastic reviews on HostelWorld. For a hostel in China, Blue Mountain Bund has amazing amenities and staff. The common room is great, and drinks and food are reasonably priced. The staff speak great English, and won't hesitate to tell you where to go to find great food and spots for nightlife. The location is close to the Bund and the Metro station. Would stay again!

Great hostel. Staff were polite and friendly and best of all, it's in a great location! I would definitely stay here again!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Great hostel with a great location. Plenty of food around and bbq at night nearby. Close to subway and shopping. Super convenient to the bund as well. Really no complaints. Stayed in December of 2014, was warm the whole time to, in the hostel. Only thing to note is that we had a few issues getting to the hostel. Best way is to tell the cab driver the nearest intersection, forget it at the moment. Recommend and would stay again.

15 minutes walking distance to the bund was great. I stayed at another hostel in Shanghai and actually prefer this one because it is so well located. Garbage cans in the bathrooms seemed to always be overflowing with paper so maybe they need more cleaning crew.

Bathrooms were gross. Toilet paper in the garbage was piled high. Went out to the bar they recommended and was drugged. Would not recommend this place.

Excellent location and facilities. Friendly staff. Easy to find just by following the site's directions. Dryer machine can't take too much laundry, clothes won't dry completely.

This was a great hostel in the perfect location for seeing things in Shanghai. We had slight problem on arrival with our room but the staff immediately upgraded us for a night while they sorted it out. The only problem was staff during the day were not particularly helpful. We had to work out everything for ourselves and they don't provide maps or directions to key sites like other hostels do. Would stay here again though and definitely good value for money.

A place that I will revisit again...

Reached the hostel and the staff promptly explained to us the rules of the hostel while doing up the registration. The room is relatively roomy and every bed has power plugs. Only bad point was that there wasn't anywhere to hang up the towels. The toilet and washing area were clean and sufficient for usage. The living room was lively and suitable for people who likes to meet others. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others visiting the area. Thumbs up!

My boyfriend and I have both stayed at tons of hostels and this is def our favorite in China. We got the cheapest room like we always do and were so excited to get upgraded to a really great room with a living room and balcony and loft for the same price. The place was packed with people and energy and had a cool hang out spot and for once the busy staff didn't ignore us, but nicely asked if we could take a seat and wait five minutes to be checked in. We'll go back next time we're in Shanghai.

i had a layover in Shanghai because of my flight from NYC to Taiwan, so I only stay one night in the hostel. It was easy to find, inexpensive, well-managed, and close enough to the subway ((green line (No. 2 line), the airport is one the same line, and that's the main reason i chose)) nothing to complain about bcoz I simply needed a place to shower and sleep. Guests were from everywhere and nice fyi if you want to make int'l friends. Staff was nice. Night shift was friendly.

Location was great, lots of great food nearby! Atmosphere was quite good as well!

Im general, I'm not a big fan of hostels in Asia since they mostly lack an open, social atmosphere. This is the best hostel I stayed at in China. There is a large lounge with computers provided where you can easily meet other travelers. They also have a pool and foosball table. The staff speaks English quite well. The only thing I didn't like were the shower rooms who had a bad smell and were also freezing cold in December. Still, big recommendation!