Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

2090 Total Reviews

Location is wow, just behind famous Nanjing road and the Bund.

Only stayed one nights so didn't fully use facilities but all staff were very helpful.

• 30th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel with perfect location! Clean and comfy! :)

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Russia

Excellent place to stay in Shanghai. it is very close to the bund and other touristic places. it is valuable for money, very clean and comfortable. Internet only at lobby

We booked the private suite (that had a balcony) and were beyond impressed w our room. A great hostel w a great location. Would definitely recommend this place to any traveler who is able to visit the vibrant city if Shanghai. Xiexie for a wonderful stay :)

This is a hidden treasure. Great place, excellent value for money. The staff is super friendly and always willing to help. The private room, is small but very good, with air con, TV, phone and very clean toilet facilities. The atmosphere is also great and you can hang out at the lounge while listening to some food and browsing the internet.

A great hostel. I arrived very late at night and the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Great location and a very cosy place. I left some stuff there and the lovely staff not only located it (I had left it in the common area in my frantic rush to pack), but are currently figuring out how to mail it to me. I'm very glad I chose to stay here!

Very nice and helpful staff, clean rooms, convenient location/close to metro

• 25th Jul 2014

We stayed in a basic room, and these have no windows. I was not aware of that, and that was a bit uncomfortable for me. But, none the less it was a great stay with nice and helpful staff. And great location!

We stayed one night and had no problems. The staff were really friendly and check in/ out was really fast. They have bar and some tables and computers. They also have a pool table outside. It is in an excellent location near to Nanjing rd and the Bund. The small problem we had was that we were in double bed private and the toilet and shower was separated by a glass wall! My boyfriend and I don't need to see each other on the toilet so it was inconvenient going out of the room every time.

Hey Zoey... or Gua Gua! 我真高兴跟这么热情的人化两个月!

• 21st Jul 2014

As a youth hostel, it is a very good location. Friendly staff with clean room. Strongly recommend.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff and location are what really make this place shine. It's like a second home away from home.

• 17th Jul 2014

This place was exactly as advertised! I stayed here with my Chinese friend and even she was impressed! I think she's going to stay in hostels from now on. The Bund really is walking distance away. The subway station is about a 10 minute walk.... the escalators going down don't work, so luggage is a problem (not the hostel's fault). There's sit and squat toilets available and showers and soap to wash your hands at the sinks.

• 16th Jul 2014

Excellent place to stay - with a fantastic staff! A more clear description of the 6th floor location in the 'Directions' section would be really helpful, though. Overall, a great place to be in Shanghai.

Great location, lovely rooms, friendly staff and service

• 13th Jul 2014

The staff was very helpful and kind. You know this quality is extremely hard to come by in China. The location is supreme, you can walk to the Bund (Waitan), and there is probably the biggest shopping district in Asia, Nanjingnanlu. Also, the walkable distance to the subway line 2, so you don't have to transfer to any airports and the railway station.

We originally booked a 6 person dorm but ended up in a 4 dorm for the same price. Door did not lock well, nor did it have lockers. We arrived before the room was cleanied and when we returned at night it turned out the cleaning lady had forgotten about our room. We notified the staff and they cleaned it immediately and apologized. Other than that it was a good hostel, nothing too special. We'll stay here again at the end of our trip.

Not bad for China - it's in a tower block that isn't exactly enticing but it does have a roof terrace. Dorms are cramped and as usual it was the other people staying in the hostel who let the place down. Ok for a couple of nights but can do better and cheaper nearby.

Nice hostel in great location. Lovely big out door area with a pool table and lots of places to hangout and meet people. Good wifi nice big lockers over all not a bad place to stay.