Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

6F, 350 South Shanxi Road, Shanghai, China

1965 Total Reviews

Basic hostel not very appealing, no atmosphere at all. the rooms are classics but the location is perfect

Great hostel, good location, gorgeous staff! Tip: Follow to club promoter

• 23rd May 2014
  • Sweden

Everything perfect but the stuff surfing breakfast and coffee works to slowly

the place is neat and close to the railway station. the staff is really helpful, love the bar there :)

We thought it was a lovely establishment. We did not spend long inside the actual hostel, but had a pleasant stay in our room.

This place was great! It's in a slightly strange location -that is, it is in a large building with a couple other hotels, but hey, it's China so I guess it's not that strange. Other than that though it's really close to Nanjing Road, the famous pedestrian street. The staff were nice, spoke English, and upgraded us for free! We had one of the private rooms with our own bathroom. It might be a little small for some people, but my friend and I thought it was perfect!

I had a great stay here. Thank you very much!!

• 14th May 2014

Great location and staff, especially Liu and Shirley(?) would stay again

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were really helpful, giving some good tips on the nightlife around. I liked the rooftop area for sunbathing and hanging out in the evenings, there is a bar to complement this area. My room was comfortable and nice to arrive to after a long flight. The location couldn't really be better, walking distance from the Bund with some good authentic restaurants and street food within a couple of minutes walk. Very close to the Metro station so another plus.

Great place to stay, very close to the Bund. WIFI doesn't work outside of the dining area and is getting very slow in the evening when everyone is in and doing their daily web browsing - please add more hotspots. Overall - Good.

Very Nice Hostel, location is awsome just on the Nanjing street and The Bund and a metro stop away from Pudong, good choice in Shangai

Great hostel. Only downfall would be the thin walls we had in our room.... Since it was near the bathroom, we could hear absolutely everything including those coming back at 3am from the bar

Great hostel. The only thing missing is kitchen.

It is good but some condition is not good such as I would like to ask them to keep my baggage after check out but they deny for some reason.

The hostel was a bit difficult to find and not in the expected place. It was very close to the metro station which was super helpful, and they provide you with a key to a locker inside the room which was great! Wifi is only in the bar. I was only staying for a night and left very early in the morning for the airport. It was great for what I needed it for.

• 6th May 2014

Great location close to the metro and The Bund. The staff were friendly but the rooms could have been a bit cleaner. The common area was big and had a good atmosphere. I think the shower and toilet facilities were a bit lacking, not enough toilets in the morning and small shower cubicles. A bit noisy if your room is near the showers or common room but over all a nice modern hostel.

The beds and bathroom were in good order, and overall we had a pleasant stay. However, there is very little variation in food in the bar/restaurant and apparently they only have some breakfast and lunch courses, no dinner. Also the bar staff was giggly and didn't really speak English, they could have been more helpful.

Rooms were very clean, with good beds, huge lockers and an electric plug for each person. Many showers and toilets that were always clean. Atmosphere was a mix as met lots of nice chill people, but others just seemed to be studying there. Definitely join the trashy weird girl that takes you to parties, as partying in fancy Shanghai clubs (for free?) is worth the experience. It is located 5min away from Nanjing Rd and 10-15min away from The Bund. Lots of local restaurants near.

The location just 10 minutes walk from Nanjing East Road MRT Station is excellent which help to save much travel time - close to all important attraction with the easy access to the MRT. Room cleanliness is reasonable. However, the shower room is limited (only 3 available, the other 3 are not open). Also, WIFI which is only available in the Bar is good (which force you to sit there and minglle with others) but also bad (I need to do all my emails at the bar, which was very noisy in the nite).

• 3rd May 2014
  • Malaysia

We are mature, older travellers and we found the hostel really loud past midnight. We believe the hostel may be more suited to young people. Also, it is not very clean.