Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

Room and bathroom really clean and modern. Good location if you want to be near the train station, and not far on Metro from other places really. The hostel was really, really noisy on two of the three nights we stayed there. There were a lot of people in the corridor shouting and slamming doors between 12-2am and 5-7am which meant we didn't get a lot of sleep.

nice stay

It was pretty much the cheapest hostel available on Hostelworld, But I would have rather paid a little bit more for something better. The two main problems are the location and the atmosphere. It is pretty far to go to the city center and I feel like some other hotels are better situated. The layout of the hostel isn't very good neither. The only common room is right next to the front desk and it's not very interesting to spend time there.

The room had cockroaches, the staff didn't speak english well, there was no atmosphere. The location was good, I mean at least near a subway station but still it wasn't a good experience.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

The rooms are recently renovated and very nice, however in the 3 days we were there the room was not cleaned once. Security could be an issue, the hostel, is in a building with other hotels, the elevator reaches all of them so people can enter from the other hotels. The stairs and common area are very rundown but maybe are part of the renovation plans, keeping baby chicks in a box in the lobby made for an odd smell..The staff are all pleasant and helpful.. Great location.

I stayed here for 3 nights, the rooms are spacious, you get a big locker, the bathrooms are pretty standard (they do the job) The location is just a 5 minutes walk to the metro, if just arriving in Shanghai. Ask at the customer service desk for a daily metro ticket. It's 18rmb. You'll save Alot if exploring! There is a big communal area in the reception where everyone hangs out to use the wifi. Which is very slow at peak times. (better to get a China sim card) Al. In all happy with my stay

Very nice staff. Room was okay for the price, but had some minor problems. Would recommend thou.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

As a backpacking couple this hostel was perfect for what we needed: it has straightforward access from the railway station from Beijing and nearby Line 2 metro station that takes you into the town centre (

• 26th Jul 2015

It's a wonderful one in Shanghai I guess, It's quite cheap, We have 18 people in total. so it was too many but they helped to arrange for us. thank you so much

Just spent two nights at this hostel and really liked it! The location is not super central, but it's a 5 min walk to the subway - line 2, from where you can easily go to most of the main spots in Shanghai. I got a private room and it was nice, it didn't even feel like a hostel. The staff are amazing and super helpful. The only improvement in my opinion is the cleanliness; I touched the bathroom door and my hand came out full of dust. Also, there was some stuff spilled on my walls.

• 27th Jun 2015

The private rooms feel like a proper hotel! Staff was truly amazing, they went the extra mile to help us and were really caring.

Hostel staff really friendly.and helpfully! Only issue we had was being woke up several times jn the morning by the other residents who live in the dorm.

Had a wonderful stay here. It's super convenient for people like me who need to stay close to the airport but don't want to pay a ton of money staying at one of the airport hotels. The only small issue was that the wifi wasn't particularly stable the night I stayed, but I've stayed in the past and it wasn't an issue, so that might have been a fluke. In any case, Blue Mountain HongQiao was perfect for my needs.

All in all a good experience, friendly staff and easy to access. I just have one suggestion. It will be great if there can be smoking and non-smoking rooms. I am a non-smoker and the whole room and bedding stank like smoke. I stayed there on two different occasions and both times got a room that smelled like smoke. But other than that, no complains.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • South Africa

It is a very comfortable place. From hostel to nearest metro station just take 5 mins on foot. It is more looks like a hotel than a hostel. The staff there are very nice, and I've also meet some othre friends there. Very happy trip, thanks, all you guys.

• 31st May 2015
  • China

Wow what a place made my stay in China even better Han I could imagine. Staff help with everything from where to eat to where to go. Cleaners were fantastic.

• 22nd May 2015

Great place!

Employees are great and very helpful - this was the only really good advantage about the hostel. But the location is pretty bad, even its close to the subway doesn't worth it. The hostel region is very strange and so far away from downtown. In addition, our room smelled so bad, like mold. It was clean, but the smell was too bad, even when we changed rooms. The common area has nothing special either.

• 19th May 2015

ok hostel and location is convenient. not very clean or any atmosphere but its cheap and decent place to crash for a few days whilst visiting shanghai!

Huge amounts of noise from plumbing and, I think, air conditioning. Ensuite bathroom is a little bit too tiny. Staff were very friendly. Location is awkward.