Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

We were upgrade and our room was good. The bathroom was clean and very big. The staff was friendly. Everything ok. We enjoyed our stay!

For the Price one of the best places i have stayed at in china.

What can I say? Although it was close to the subway and the Hongqiao rail station it was quite a disappointment. Not only was the manager himself incredibly unable to give help with my passport issues but after 2.5 hours of trying to solve the problem at night we were finally allowed to check-in to a room with an insane amount of cockroaches and other insects. If it hadn't been 12:30am we would have looked for another place. Even being super cheap, it wasn't worth it.

My first impression when I walked into this hostel wasn't very good, it's not very inviting. It wasn't any better inside. There was a cockroach in the room, the ensuite bathrooom was disgustigly dirty, it wasn't cleaned in at least five days although six people were using it. The shared bathrooms were fine, though, and the bed sheats were clean as well. The hostel is pretty far from the city center but at least there is a direct metro connection to the airport.

the room was disgusting..cracked wall, cement floor, small room with no window. shared bathroom was horrible. no distributions between man and woman. shower place was filthy. I will never go to that hostel again.

Near Metro, you can reach there on your foot. Stuff can speak English. 3rd Floor Wifi signal was weak. :(

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan

It was not near very much. Our room was dirty.

I was surprised by how filthy the lobby was. There was a nest of spiders in the chandelier and the seating was filthy, stained and in need of repair. A roach ran across my computer as I was sitting in the lobby, because wifi was too weak upstairs. There's no elevator, and all of the rooms are on the 3rd floor, so I wish I'd known that sooner. I think the main thing is they need to clean the lobby. The rooms were fine, as were the bathrooms.

Great location with easy access to HongQiao airport (2 metro stops and a 5-10min walk to hostel). Very friendly staff with good English language skills. Hostel itself is a bit dingy, but room was ok and bathroom was clean. AC worked well.

• 18th Jul 2014

Value for money. Decent hostel near the trainstation and subway. No nice common area and no food served. Not good for meeting other tavellers. Nice and helpfull staff. Not close to the center.

the hostel is very old and smells. the staff is not friendly at all,they answer to your questions cause they have to.they have an area on the 2nd floor that during our stay was always closed,i guess it was the play room or something like that but every time we were passing by, the smell was unbearable. the only good thing is that they are close to a metro station. i think they should do a big refurbishment!

Hostel very close to subway (line 2). Rooms are decent (furniture and cleanliness). except need a lock in dorm rooms for drawer. Hostel's neighbourhood isn't very nice but it's decent for a couple nights. there are a couple places to eat next to the hostel but not many.

• 11th Jul 2014

The reception was messy and the staff was not very nice. The room was nice and big :)

Great hostel, convenient location and very friendly staff.

smell very bad and the hostel is not clean at all

The staff is not so kind and our double room was tiny. We could use the wifi only after our check-in and before check-out, with a very long (and as for me unuseful) process to sign in. However if you have to spend three or four days in Shanghai I think this hostel is ok because is not so much expensive compared to the other ones in the city.

• 1st Jul 2014