Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

Good location, 10 min walk from metro station. Clean but the hot water was not working sometimes we where there..

I booked this hostel because I got an early flight next day. The hostel staffs were very helpful and introduced me some local food around HongQiao. One of the staff also willingly to help me post a letter and some postcards. :) The room is modern and clean; just a little too cold due to the bad weather outside.

Perfect for an overnight stopover near airport. Close to metro, easy to find, convenient food close by. I wouldn't have stayed for longer though. Most cramped dorm room I've ever stayed in in a hostel.

Had a pleasant stay here. Had booked a ten bed mixed dorm but was upgraded to a six person dorm for free. Woo! The location is decent, facilities are fine and although the common room bit isn't great there's plenty of room to meet new people. Shared my dorm with some lovely Chinese girls who let me borrow hair dryers and slippers.

Well the building itself was quite old so maybe the facilities were not so good as I could imagine... Compared with the other blue mountain hostel in Shanghai I have stayed...But anyway the staff were helpful and everything was okay during the stay...

Very good Hostel, nice rooms, cheap

• 8th Jan 2016

This is a fine hostel if you want to be conveniently close to Hongqiao Airport or train station. For sightseeing in central Shanghai, it's pretty far removed and you'll need to spend a lot of time on the subway. The people were nice and the rooms were pleasant, but there wasn't a lot of atmosphere. I was a big fan of the adjacent strip of small restaurants!

Staff is lovely and very helpful. Excellent cost benefit.

Good staff and price. Location is also good.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Japan

Good value for the money, cleanliness is also pretty ok, nice staff!

I was supposed to stay in 6 female dorm, but when I arrived (at 1 in the morning), the receptionist gave me 2 people's room as there was something wrong with the drom -excellent! There were people chatting, so there's a space to chill, yet I didn't have time to explore more. Location is cool, especially if you're flying to/from Hongqiao airport. Nice experience!

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

I arrived into Hongqiao rail station and was flying out of Hongqiao airport the next morning, so the hostel's location was perfect. The staff were very friendly, and the reception is open 24 hours a day, so is perfect for late/early arrivals and departures. My room was very clean and modern. Perfect if access to Hongqiao is your priority.

This hostel is good value for money if you need to get to Hongqiao airport or train station the following day. The rooms are basic and clean, however our room lock didn't work.

It's cheap, but dirty and shabby

The hostel was good, easy to find and very close to the metro station. The room was nice enough just a bit damp and the bathroom was very small and the floor got quite dirty. But overall it was a nice enough place, good value for money.

This hostel was great in terms of location when flying from Shanghai Hongqiao airport, being only a few stops away on the metro and located just a few minutes walk from the nearest metro station. The staff were welcoming and helpful, even during the early hours of the morning. Stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm, which is of typical standard for a hostel.

Perfect location with a five-minute walk to hottest metro line through almost all city sights. Well-decorated room with extremely humanized facilities which I can regard as a above-3-star hotel. The staff is really helpful in terms of flexibility and hospitality. However the atmosphere is not so good considering a very limited public area without nice drinks or musics.

Excellent location and very friendly staff, but I didn't appreciate the smokers on the stairwell. Othrwise I had a great experience. The price was worth it, considering I just needed a place to sleep.

We have been a couple of times in this hostel. It is not the best location in Shanghai but you can go by subway to the center easily and you can find several (cheap) restaurants and a big supermarket close to the place, so it can be a convenient option for a few days.

Good place, Internet worked almost decently