Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

Just spent two nights at this hostel and really liked it! The location is not super central, but it's a 5 min walk to the subway - line 2, from where you can easily go to most of the main spots in Shanghai. I got a private room and it was nice, it didn't even feel like a hostel. The staff are amazing and super helpful. The only improvement in my opinion is the cleanliness; I touched the bathroom door and my hand came out full of dust. Also, there was some stuff spilled on my walls.

• 27th Jun 2015

The private rooms feel like a proper hotel! Staff was truly amazing, they went the extra mile to help us and were really caring.

Hostel staff really friendly.and helpfully! Only issue we had was being woke up several times jn the morning by the other residents who live in the dorm.

Had a wonderful stay here. It's super convenient for people like me who need to stay close to the airport but don't want to pay a ton of money staying at one of the airport hotels. The only small issue was that the wifi wasn't particularly stable the night I stayed, but I've stayed in the past and it wasn't an issue, so that might have been a fluke. In any case, Blue Mountain HongQiao was perfect for my needs.

All in all a good experience, friendly staff and easy to access. I just have one suggestion. It will be great if there can be smoking and non-smoking rooms. I am a non-smoker and the whole room and bedding stank like smoke. I stayed there on two different occasions and both times got a room that smelled like smoke. But other than that, no complains.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • South Africa

It is a very comfortable place. From hostel to nearest metro station just take 5 mins on foot. It is more looks like a hotel than a hostel. The staff there are very nice, and I've also meet some othre friends there. Very happy trip, thanks, all you guys.

• 31st May 2015
  • China

Wow what a place made my stay in China even better Han I could imagine. Staff help with everything from where to eat to where to go. Cleaners were fantastic.

• 22nd May 2015

Great place!

Employees are great and very helpful - this was the only really good advantage about the hostel. But the location is pretty bad, even its close to the subway doesn't worth it. The hostel region is very strange and so far away from downtown. In addition, our room smelled so bad, like mold. It was clean, but the smell was too bad, even when we changed rooms. The common area has nothing special either.

• 19th May 2015

ok hostel and location is convenient. not very clean or any atmosphere but its cheap and decent place to crash for a few days whilst visiting shanghai!

Huge amounts of noise from plumbing and, I think, air conditioning. Ensuite bathroom is a little bit too tiny. Staff were very friendly. Location is awkward.

The hostel is 5 minutes far from Beixinjing metro station, close to a couple of convenience stores, restaurants and a supermarket (Century Mart). The room is neat, although a lil bit small. We stayed in a Twin Private Ensuite with a small window. Although the street is silent, the walls are thin and any noise in the hall (or even in other rooms) can be heard. If you are sensitive, don't stay here. Staff is friendly and they speak english. Overall great value for the money.

• 30th Apr 2015

They are renovating ths hostel at the moment, but my wife and I had 3 great days there. The Staff is very competent and friendly plus vere helpfull. The room is clean and a good size for the price. We think it will be great when they finish the renovation. It is very close to the Subway only 5 minuttes walk. We have stayed at other Hostels in Shanghai and this is the best we have stayed at.. Goog value for the money. We will be back in about 5 weeks time

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Denmark
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel is still under construction and dust everywhere. The public toilet is always dirty. They are lack of cleaning staff I believe.Anyway the staff try their best and the location is really good.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • China

I stayed here with my parents for 5 nights. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel to my heart's content. Staffs are really kind and willing to help you. If you ask the helps, they will always answer you right away and diligently. If you stay longer here you will get some discount too. Facility is also very clean and brand new because they are on remodeling construction now. Calling taxi in the very early morning was also no problem. (To pudong airport about ¥200)

Thank you very much for your review! It is our pleasure that you feel comfortable with our service! Welcome to our hostel next time!