Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

We were upgrade and our room was good. The bathroom was clean and very big. The staff was friendly. Everything ok. We enjoyed our stay!

For the Price one of the best places i have stayed at in china.

What can I say? Although it was close to the subway and the Hongqiao rail station it was quite a disappointment. Not only was the manager himself incredibly unable to give help with my passport issues but after 2.5 hours of trying to solve the problem at night we were finally allowed to check-in to a room with an insane amount of cockroaches and other insects. If it hadn't been 12:30am we would have looked for another place. Even being super cheap, it wasn't worth it.

My first impression when I walked into this hostel wasn't very good, it's not very inviting. It wasn't any better inside. There was a cockroach in the room, the ensuite bathrooom was disgustigly dirty, it wasn't cleaned in at least five days although six people were using it. The shared bathrooms were fine, though, and the bed sheats were clean as well. The hostel is pretty far from the city center but at least there is a direct metro connection to the airport.

the room was disgusting..cracked wall, cement floor, small room with no window. shared bathroom was horrible. no distributions between man and woman. shower place was filthy. I will never go to that hostel again.

Near Metro, you can reach there on your foot. Stuff can speak English. 3rd Floor Wifi signal was weak. :(

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan

It was not near very much. Our room was dirty.

I was surprised by how filthy the lobby was. There was a nest of spiders in the chandelier and the seating was filthy, stained and in need of repair. A roach ran across my computer as I was sitting in the lobby, because wifi was too weak upstairs. There's no elevator, and all of the rooms are on the 3rd floor, so I wish I'd known that sooner. I think the main thing is they need to clean the lobby. The rooms were fine, as were the bathrooms.