Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

the room was disgusting..cracked wall, cement floor, small room with no window. shared bathroom was horrible. no distributions between man and woman. shower place was filthy. I will never go to that hostel again.

Near Metro, you can reach there on your foot. Stuff can speak English. 3rd Floor Wifi signal was weak. :(

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan

I was surprised by how filthy the lobby was. There was a nest of spiders in the chandelier and the seating was filthy, stained and in need of repair. A roach ran across my computer as I was sitting in the lobby, because wifi was too weak upstairs. There's no elevator, and all of the rooms are on the 3rd floor, so I wish I'd known that sooner. I think the main thing is they need to clean the lobby. The rooms were fine, as were the bathrooms.

Great location with easy access to HongQiao airport (2 metro stops and a 5-10min walk to hostel). Very friendly staff with good English language skills. Hostel itself is a bit dingy, but room was ok and bathroom was clean. AC worked well.

• 18th Jul 2014

Value for money. Decent hostel near the trainstation and subway. No nice common area and no food served. Not good for meeting other tavellers. Nice and helpfull staff. Not close to the center.

the hostel is very old and smells. the staff is not friendly at all,they answer to your questions cause they have to.they have an area on the 2nd floor that during our stay was always closed,i guess it was the play room or something like that but every time we were passing by, the smell was unbearable. the only good thing is that they are close to a metro station. i think they should do a big refurbishment!

The reception was messy and the staff was not very nice. The room was nice and big :)

Great hostel, convenient location and very friendly staff.

smell very bad and the hostel is not clean at all

The staff is not so kind and our double room was tiny. We could use the wifi only after our check-in and before check-out, with a very long (and as for me unuseful) process to sign in. However if you have to spend three or four days in Shanghai I think this hostel is ok because is not so much expensive compared to the other ones in the city.

• 1st Jul 2014

There was nothing particularly bad, it just wasn't particularly special either. It satisfied my needs, but might not be best for first-time travelers to Shanghai.

Excellent place, very convenient and very friendly staff, Danny was particularly helpful. Recommend this hostel for people to stay.

Great hostel, friendly people like Danny and genial atmosphere, convenient too.

Great place, staff are friendly, guests are cool and the location and facilities are above par. It's a great place to get into the party scene in Shanghai (which can be crazy if you tap into the right stream). I love it here.

I stayed in dorm for 1 night. Near Shanghai Hongqiao Airport and Railway Station. The staff really helpful. Upgrade room for me without additional rate and call me a cab in the early morning. They always have staff 24 hours at the lobby. The downside is the location quite remote. There is no life around. I also have a bad experience staying in here. My roommate are all a job seeker in Shanghai who stay there for a long time. Hanging laundry (underwear) all over the room). Aircon also broken

Easy to find if you follow the instruction, but a bit far away from the international airport , and the Nanjin street, the hostel staff speak a good English, and very helpful. The room was big and large bathroom , that was the last day of our trip so we took a private room, no complain at all. For dinner you have few restaurants around not expensive and very good.

If you come from honqqiao airport it is only a30 minutes ride to get to the hostel , follow the hostel instruction it is easy to find. The hostel as nothing very special spending our last 3 nights in China we took a private room. Nothing to complaine about it, just the need of a window will have been perfect. The receiption staff speak a good English, the common room is a bit smelly from smoker outside the door, the WiFi is at every floor.

Staff's attitudes are not good and friendly. The whole hostel is quite old, dusty, and a bit smelly. There are not lockers for people to put things in. Even they say there is a lamp in the hostel, it is almost not usable. Even an air-con is for use, there is no batteries inside the monitor and no staff fill it up. Janitors walked in the room and talked aloud when tidying up the other's bed. It is not nice to the people who is still staying in the room. Quite disappointed actually.

I was happy here, alot of trust with the staff

This is a good place if you're looking to stay cheap and are headed to the Hongqiao airport or train station in the morning. It's clean enough to stay a night or so, but there's nothing around the hostel, and the staff are not especially helpful.