Blue Mountain HongQiao Youth Hostel Reviews

#108, HaMi Road, Shanghai, China

The staff are hospitable. They take care of my requests. However the entrance area, before the reception, can be more creative! Also the common area need to be tide up. With YH membership card, we get 5 CNY discount make this YH the cheapest place for long stay. However the 8 mix Dorm. is windowless. I might come back for one night before/late arrival going/from Hongqiao Airport. Thanks to all the workers there!

The staff was very nice and everyone could speak English. The Hostel is easy to find and it's not far away from the subway station.

The bed sheets and bathroom were clean, but outside the main entrance was littered with cigarette butts, etc. Generally, the whole place is run down, smells of mould and paint is peeling off the walls. For under $25 per night, it's well worth a place to rest your head. But don't expect to feel comfortable.

little atmosphere, really. They told me to choose a dorm bed in the room that wasnt taken/ dirty. They all were. It is near Hongqiao station, but very far from pudong. Other hostels are more convenient. Most restaurants nearby went out of business..

The Blue Mountain Hostel may be a distance from any known mountain range but it's depressing lobby is sure to leave you feeling blue. The atmosphere was nonexistent and, although helpful when approached, the staff was generally far too apathetic to notice the existence of their guests. The array of bacteria on the walls of our room kept us entertained for the duration of our stay. The linen and sheets seemed clean but I would still rate cleanliness at about 20%; however, it's China, so not bad.

not the best hostel in shanghai but very handy if you have a late arrival/early departure in hongqiao airport

Great atmosphere and Good location. wonderful and lovely staff,especially Maggie and Mia who make me feel at home! I have traveled a lot and stayed in many different places, this hostel is my favorite!!highly recommend.

Good hostel just really cold.

Excellent hostel, great staff, and convenient location. Candy was very friendly and helped out a lot during my stay. Will definitely stay again - 5 stars. :)

Nice place, close to metro line #2. Keep in mind it takes a little under 2 hours to get to Pudong airport with metro #2.

This is not worth your money. Cockroaches in the shower, although cleaned up next day. Smog in your room or try to sleep with really bad air vents. Full with chinese worker people that stay there for the price. Backpackers -> Try the Blue Moon Bund Hostel, same price, SUPER location and way better in every way. Want to meet people? Don't stay here. I am not even picky, as a 25year old student. But everything fell apart from this.

Excellent hostel and value for money. Very good facilities and quite convenient too being not that far from the metro station. The staff are amazing there, very helpful with good advice, especially Candy, extremely friendly and who helped out so much when I arrived, making me feel particularly welcome. The enthusiasm of the staff gave a positive and buzzing atmosphere. Definitely will be returning here soon to stay again. :)

The staff is very helpful and nice. It is around 8 mins away from metro and is near to Hongqiao airport and train station that connects you easily to your next stop. There are two 24 hr stores next to hostel and with local food that is good and convenient. I have booked a double bed room and is big and furnished like a hotel room that really values for money. I highly recommended this hostel but only one thing is if you are looking for a party hostel it is not your choice.

Nice location if you want to fly from Hongqiao airport. Staff was very helpful: Candy, thanks for everything!

We spent a night there cause it´s only 2 stations away from the airport which is the only advantage. I wouldn´t spend more than one night there because there´s nothing exciting around. We went via metro downtown Shanghai to find a nice restaurant for dinner. For one night it´s good value for your money.

BM Hong Qiao has come a long way in the years I have been frequenting it. Most notably, they have the most considerate and respectful maids of any hostel I have been to. They do not shout down the halls at each other like other places and they try very hard to respect sleeping people. Wow! How did you find these ladies! The beds are decent though internet is always a challenge at hostels. But, this place is much better than it was before and it was a decent deal back then.

I'm not sure how this hostel has such good reviews. The place is in the middle of nowhere, it's old and dirty, and the staff have difficulty saying hello, thank you, goodbye or making eye contact. The WIFI is unusable.