Blue Mountain LuWan Youth Hostel Reviews

2F Building No1 1072 Nong QuXi Lu, Shanghai, China

Everything you need in a hostel. Staff was nice and helpful. They provided slippers and toiletries in the private room. The wifi only worked in the lobby and communal area. Very flaky in the rooms. The stairs going up to the hostel are not fun to navigate with luggage. Doors are thin and you can hear the neighbors. But I enjoyed it cause had heat, flushing toilets, and it was right across the metro with lots of shops down the street.

Enter your phone number here

The hostel is very cold during the winter time maybe use the heating more.

After arriving I got very poor room, with bad smell, different what presented online. After complaining they gave me good room and this was ok. I recommend to book the ones which have bathroom en-suite and bright windows.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Every time I travel to Shanghai I stay here! Their staff are always friendly, helpful, and willing to discuss culture and language. This place is fun also. Sometimes I do not even go out on the weekends because there always seems to be a good crowd to mix with, foreigners and Chinese alike. I highly recommend this place.

• 6th Nov 2014

Basically, this hostel was not an international hostel in nature as it's largely Chinese who stay there. We enjoyed our stay. The security is fine. It's a bit of a pain to drag your luggage up the stairs (I have a family and stayed with them). We loved the location because it is so convenient to the subway. Nice! Food is available nearby. It's worth getting the room with the bathroom (en suite) as the bathrooms/showers are not that clean. Also, there was no wi-fi in our room. Will return

The hostel is very conveniently near a metro station. Though the station is quite easy to reach it isn't very central. The staff were incredibly helpful and kind and their English was sufficient enough! I loved the atmosphere present in the bar and the room I stayed in was spacious.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

The staff is speaking English in a good way. They are very interested to Support their guest as much as possible. Their safety tips are very helpful.

You need to provide lockers in the dorm rooms.

Spacious rooms, staff were very helpful, excellent location, right next to the metro. Dont waste any money on the dryer though, i had my clothes in there for 4.5 hours and they still came out damp...

Not that clean in bathroom but bedroom is okay. Location is good.

We have been staying at Blue Mountain for two days, the rooms were very dirty even the bathroom where we found some larva. Plus, the deposit they gave us back was a fake 100 yuan bill..

It was a really nice stay in the hostel which made me really feeling welcome in shanghai. Not only the nice location and the hostel itself have been the reasons for that but also the very nice staff, especially fu hanwen who was working there when I had questions and he really helped me a lot. There was not a single unfriendly person working there and the people staying in the hostel all have been very relaxed. All in all a great stay and beginning in shanghai.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Good location, nice staff. No wifi in rooms, smoking "room" is exactly the entrance to the hostel so you always have to pass through the cigarette smoke cloud when moving among outside, front desk and the rooms. Actually the cloud even reached inside my room, that's why I rate cleanliness very low.

We stayed at this hostel for one night on the way to Pudong Int'l Airport. It is conveniently located next to a metro stop. I had to carry our heavy bags up one flight of stairs to the hostel, but once there the whole hostel is on one floor. The staff was nice, the atmosphere was good, and the room was clean.

This is the filthiest hostel I've stayed in so far. There's a constant stench from either toilet smell or cigarette smell literally everywhere in the hostel (luckily not in the room, unless u leave the door open though). If not due to the logistic concern of my oversize luggage, I would not stay beyond my first night.

都很好,認識很多朋友

• 31st Aug 2014
  • China

Rooms were fine. Nice bar area with pool and TV for movies. Toilets and showering facilities were communal but really good. The washing and drying facilities were quite poor and it took us 4 goes to finally get our stuff dry. Also staff really need to have better English than they do. Good stay overall

Washer was broken. Mold everywhere. AC didn't work well. Dryer didn't dry my clothes though it cost me ~5 usd to use.

The staff are not very friendly and most of them barely know any english so it is not possible for them to be very helpfull. No breakfast served at the hostel. The communal area is quite boring and quite, only a pooltable there to lighten the mood. Instead people who wants to talk and have a drink sits out in the lobby. Wouldn't stay there again.

• 24th Aug 2014