Blue Mountain LuWan Youth Hostel Reviews

2F Building No1 1072 Nong QuXi Lu, Shanghai, China

very good value always clean

They gave me better room than I've booked for the same price :o) It was a pleasent surprise.

Last weekend I stayed with two friends of me, for three nights in this hostel. We really did have a great time. The location was really good. Opposite the hostel is a subway station and within 8 minutes walk you are in a buzy street with a lot of smal shops. The room is just okey. It was only unfortunate that only two of the vife sockets worked. We also found it a pity that there were no eat or drink facilities in the hostel, but there is a supermarket nearby.

• 10th Apr 2015

Dear guest , thanks . All the feedback are really important to the hostel for future improvement. our hostel is located in the local resident area. There is a lot of local traditional food in the neighborhood that allows all the guests to experience the true shanghainess life style and food.。Also, for the safety concern, there is a main switch for the socket, and our maintenance man will stay in our hostel if you inform our reception with any problem. wish to see you next time:)

Generally, it's a pretty nice place to stay, especially the location, which is only 1 minute's walk from the nearest metro. Also, the staffs were nice and helpful. The only disadvantage is that there's no access to Internet collection in the room (Anyway, you can always collect to wifi in the common room). So if you really don't care about the wifi stuff, this hostel is highly recommended.

Blue Mountain is the best hostel!! The staff are really great and always ready to help you out.. It couldn't be closer to the metro and makes traveling around the city a breeze. Theres a bunch of street food and restaurants in the area which makes it easy to grab late night snacks. I've stayed in probably more than 50 hostels and this is the first to impress me enough to write a review. Keep it up guys!

• 13th Mar 2015

Nice place. Staff very welcoming and very helpful !

Every staff easy going, especially the girl named Zoe and hard-working cleaner. You can take subway just across the street and easily to find the restaurant nearby,nice hostel!

I appreciated the staff's willingness to help out in every way and allow for a safe and comfy stay!

Had a really good time staying in Blue Mountain. Comfortable beds, nice common room area (not *as good* as some other hostels I've been in in China but definitely not bad), hot showers, very close to the metro so good for transport, friendly and helpful staff. Not as central as many other hostels nor in a very exciting part of the city but good value overall. Recommended.

Very helpful staff. They went to great lengths to make me feel welcome.

Dear guest , thanks for you comments, wish you have a nice stay in china --zoe

I have stayed at this hostel once before. I chose it again for the convenient location and price. The showers were horrible and the hot water stopped working altogether and the beds we the equivalent of a blanket on cement. I can't recommend this place in the future.

The staff are very very friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible. The worst thing anout this hostel is that it is very very cold dring the winter. Since the main gate is opened 24 hours , it is always wind getting in the corridor. In addition in the the room where people can get together the AC is not working ( because they have lost the remote controller), so people are with their jackets and scarfs. Not convenient at all.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

Everything you need in a hostel. Staff was nice and helpful. They provided slippers and toiletries in the private room. The wifi only worked in the lobby and communal area. Very flaky in the rooms. The stairs going up to the hostel are not fun to navigate with luggage. Doors are thin and you can hear the neighbors. But I enjoyed it cause had heat, flushing toilets, and it was right across the metro with lots of shops down the street.

Enter your phone number here

The hostel is very cold during the winter time maybe use the heating more.

After arriving I got very poor room, with bad smell, different what presented online. After complaining they gave me good room and this was ok. I recommend to book the ones which have bathroom en-suite and bright windows.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Every time I travel to Shanghai I stay here! Their staff are always friendly, helpful, and willing to discuss culture and language. This place is fun also. Sometimes I do not even go out on the weekends because there always seems to be a good crowd to mix with, foreigners and Chinese alike. I highly recommend this place.

• 6th Nov 2014