Blue Mountain LuWan Youth Hostel Reviews

2F Building No1 1072 Nong QuXi Lu, Shanghai, China

Good location, nice staff. No wifi in rooms, smoking "room" is exactly the entrance to the hostel so you always have to pass through the cigarette smoke cloud when moving among outside, front desk and the rooms. Actually the cloud even reached inside my room, that's why I rate cleanliness very low.

We stayed at this hostel for one night on the way to Pudong Int'l Airport. It is conveniently located next to a metro stop. I had to carry our heavy bags up one flight of stairs to the hostel, but once there the whole hostel is on one floor. The staff was nice, the atmosphere was good, and the room was clean.

This is the filthiest hostel I've stayed in so far. There's a constant stench from either toilet smell or cigarette smell literally everywhere in the hostel (luckily not in the room, unless u leave the door open though). If not due to the logistic concern of my oversize luggage, I would not stay beyond my first night.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Rooms were fine. Nice bar area with pool and TV for movies. Toilets and showering facilities were communal but really good. The washing and drying facilities were quite poor and it took us 4 goes to finally get our stuff dry. Also staff really need to have better English than they do. Good stay overall

Washer was broken. Mold everywhere. AC didn't work well. Dryer didn't dry my clothes though it cost me ~5 usd to use.

The staff are not very friendly and most of them barely know any english so it is not possible for them to be very helpfull. No breakfast served at the hostel. The communal area is quite boring and quite, only a pooltable there to lighten the mood. Instead people who wants to talk and have a drink sits out in the lobby. Wouldn't stay there again.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel was very nice, just the location its a bit problem. But the subway just infront of the hostel, so if you dont mind it will be nice to stay here

It's located right next to a subway station so it's convenient, but it's also quite far from anywhere where you actually want to go (you get to change subways twice in order to get to French concession, and once or twice to get to Nanjing Road/Bund). The room was clean and bed quite hard, which might just explain why so many Chinese people stay here. Atmosphere beats Mingtowns, but it's still a bit too quiet in the common room with everyone just surfing the internet.

Hostel is next to the metro. Staff is not really helpful. They do not even show you the room, washing maschine or the common room. Maybe they just dont want or it is because of their average english. However the place is clean enough to sleep and walk around but I hope they will work harder to clean the toilettes. Really good atmosphere because you woll find every guest in the common room since there is no wifi signal on the rooms.

Great room with private shower etc. Hostel was clean and had a good layout. The only thing we encountered where the people who stayed there were anti social. All Asians who were too busy with their mobile phones and laptops. Location is a bit far from the bund but the subway is around the corner. The neighbourhood was good and staff was helpful.

The hostel was very nice and easy enough to get around. The showers and beds were a little dirty, but the building was nice enough, easy to find, and a good place to relax.

This hostel was really conveniently located, right next to the subway station. However, the duration of my stay was less than impressive. I waited 40 minutes to check in, as nobody was on reception. I asked for the 8 bed dorm, as it was the cheapest. It was filthy, with several of my roommates living there permanently, it was like a teenagers bedroom. The staff were also very unhelpful, and seemed to think that they were too important or busy to help. The worst hostel I've stayed in, in China.

This place was a little bit out from the city centre, but not too far on the metro. During my time here it was used a lot by long term chinese students and travelling couples. I found it hard to find other single travelers to stuff with.

Good place next to famous noodlerestaurant which made me finally enjoy the noodlesoup! Friendly people around in the neighborhood and a starbucks to balance a bit my senses and mind!

Great hostel, good location, quirky with lots of fun games in the central area.

Good value for money hostel, great social area and in a convenient location too.

It is a very good location in Shanghai, subway station nearby, 10 mins walking head to the heart of Shanghai. Really recommend this inn. regards,

• 17th Jun 2014
  • China

Average place to stay. Internet only worked in communal area. Washing facilities clean and easy to use.

Pretty average time there. Served its purpose, and was right across the street from the subway stop (Luban Road, Exit 3). French guests got pretty rowdy at 1am on my first night there, and it didn't seem like the management cared to try and quiet them down (the common area is pretty close to a lot of the rooms, including mine).

I loved my stay at this hostel! I would recommand it to anyone who's looking for a nice hostel at a reasonable price! Thanks

• 23rd May 2014