Blue Mountain LuWan Youth Hostel Reviews

2F Building No1 1072 Nong QuXi Lu, Shanghai, China

We had a good stay at this hostel, which is conveniently located near the subway's circle line, making it a good base for sightseeing. Dorms and bathrooms were fine and usually clean, good value for your money anyways. A disadvantage was that both the free pc's and the WiFi were unbelievably slow, making it hard to plan our trips or research train schedules. Fortunately the staff were friendly and offered to help often.

amzing location.helpful staff.thank you for the staff.tank you jianing .all of you.thank you for everthing.i will back.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Iceland

I love it, the staff treat me like family, the price is affordable, I made good friends from all over the world. Other advantages over other hostels is there's so much choice of easily affordable restaurants and cheap food outlets close by, its close to the heart of the city and just across the road from the subway. The bar is a great happy social hub, and the staff will cook nice western style breakfasts. I stayed last year for 2 months and it's my home again this year. A very good experience.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

thank you !Christ, all of us like to c u and you say morrinig just when we wake up to work ake us feel so nice.you treat us like family also. you singing to all of us. no more word ,just we like you.hope you have good stay in our hostel

Nice hostel, really close to metro station. The receptionist were friendly. The girl from Soochow was really helpful gave me a lot of tips for my day trip to her home town. Thanks for your care taking and wish you all the best. Stefan, Lesahn

Although this is not right in the middle of the city, it is close to local metro stations, not a long way into central Shanghai and the French Concession is within walking distance . Rooms were comfy and each bed had individual power socket and lights as well as lockers. The staff were friendly and front desk well informed. Thanks Mr.Park for good travel tips.

Too Far away to the city center !! The people at the front desk speak english and are very helpful ! We had a problem with warm in the room but anyway good stay.

• 14th Feb 2014

Great location, directly across from Luban Rd metro station. However, any semblance of atmosphere was either non-existent, or as hazy with smokers as Shanghai's air. Staff were helpful & it was cheap for a double bed private.

One of the walls near the window was absolutely covered with black mold. This was not an amount of mold that could have built up without the staff noticing or a complaint issued; it was clearly from months (at least) of neglecting to clean the room properly.

超級好的旅舍!地鐵口旁邊,好溫馨的大廳,超愛!光頭店長超nice,絕對還會回去!!!

Decent vibe, clean but basic. Bed frame/mattress quite uncomfortable and road outside can get noisy. Decent value but there are better alternatives as location is not as key as you may think due to the ease of the subway.

single room没有卫生间没有窗户

• 11th Jan 2014
  • China

There is a market near the hostel that sells meat, fruit, vegetables, and breakfast items. One guy makes this huge crepe and puts youtiao or rectangle fried thing , cilantro, egg, and other spices on it. He wraps it and cuts it in half. The best thing I have even eaten in China. I tried it in other cities, and no one can match him. So please go try it, you won't regret it. It was so cheap as well. The hostel's private rooms were really nice and spacious. It also had a hairdryer in the room.

very friendly staff and super convenient location! thoroughly enjoyed our stay in shanghai!

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

I changed to this place beacause I did not book in advance for the weekend in "Blue Mountain - the bund" Hostel, which was fully booked. The entrance area looks quite crappy but the other parts are clean and nice. Although it is 2 mins from the metro station, the location is maybe not ideal as you need to change metro twice most of the time. The Hostel itself is a good place to stay. Staff is friendly and bathrooms are clean but in the morning before the cleaning person comes.

Very dodgy place. I haven't seen any backpackers there. Only Chinese people who I presume were students because it sure looked like they live there. The bar offers absolutely nothing. Even getting a coffee is a problem. Once I wanted to order breakfast and they said no...as there was nobody to prepare it. Well then don't offer it!!!

Hello I have stayed many times at this hostel before and this time it was as good as usual.The best is the location next to Luban road subway station. And also now they have an new Hisense WIFI connection system that works excellent.. Good value for money in this hostel. When I am next time in Shanghai I will stay at this hostel again. Best regards

Me and my boyfriend booked a double room with private bathroom. Big room, but not really clean, especially the toilet. I couldn t use the wifi becase it didn t work. Not close to the heart of Shanghai, but there was the subway so we didn t have any problem. In the end, nothing special..

A big hostel without anything personal about it. You enter the hostel in the smoking room. Hard beds and noisy from both the street outside and the corridor. Staff speak ok english.