Blue Mountain LuWan Youth Hostel Reviews

2F Building No1 1072 Nong QuXi Lu, Shanghai, China

I needed stopover in shanghai before going back to korea. It was really nice to stay there all staff are so kind and speak english well :) my roomates are chinese and very cool as well. but it was so cold in my room...I woke up 3 times cuz of cold. Exept for cold,everyhing is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

• 28th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

The staff speaks good english and is very helpful. The hostel is in front of thr metro station and that's perfect to move from one place to another.

Good location and a really good hostel.

It was a nice stay in a private doubleroom wih my girlfriend. The only negative part was, that a lot of chinese workers stayed at this hostel. They get up every morning at 5-6 o'clock and stay the whole evening in the bar area. Through that the athmosphere of a hostel is completely destroyed. I can speak chinese, but for others it´ll be very uncomfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. We booked a twin bed room and with own bad. The room was really comfortable and luxurios. The hostel is located directly besides a subway station, a bakery, supermarket and a few restaurants. All in All: - The staff is friendly and helpful - The hostel is near the main sights of beijing - The hostel is opened 24h - The team speaks perfectly english - Breakfast is tasty - Bathroom offers much space

Hostel was perfect. Only issue was the residents are a bit anti social but I think that is the Asian way

I really liked this hostel. It had a lovely atmosphere, the staff were very helpful, and it really is right opposite a subway stop. It's great value for money and I would definitely stay here again.

Close to the metro, across the street close and really cool, stay here and not the other hostel they have which is close to the river

I stayed with four friends of mine for nine nights in the blue luwan hostel. We booked a four bed room and received a 5 bed room (one bed was for luggage) with no windows. The first impression was not that good because of the mold smell. The beds were quite comfortable and the staffs super friendly. I think the focus of improvement should be on the rooms and cleanliness. The toilets outside of the room were sometimes too dirty and the housekeeping isn´t very thoroughly. I still recommend it!

Many thanks for a great stay with comfy beds and hot showers and a cute little cat. A lovely base from which to explore Shanghai - amazing.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Finland

The hostel itself is good. Clean and the staff are helpful and speak good English. Only problem for me is it id full of locals using it as cheap accommodation. So there was no atmosphere in the common room, it was all just local Chinese people studying/working on there computers so wasn't a good place to get chatting to people. Also I was the only foreigner in my room, the rest were Chinese men that got up every morning at 6 for work and also had alot of clothes everywhere in the room. Not ideal

At last ,I don't stay here and no Gmail in China so I can't contact with you .But this is a good hostel in Shanghai , I stayed in 2010

luv that place. If i hav to stay in shanghai, i will reservate again.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Front desk girl very accomodating! I asked to switch a room to dodge a snorer and she happily obliged.

Very nice hostel, really close to a subway station and plenty of good chinese cuisine shops nearby. Excellent staff, professional and friendly. I stayed in a private room, at a very reasonable price. Absolutely recommended!

Great location (half min's walk to the subway station nearby). Staff were excellent in helping with direction. Comfortable experience!!!

• 22nd Nov 2015

Love the staff here! A great place to meet friends. Memorable experience.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

The room was very clean with good amenities. Plenty of hot water for showers, etc. Good WiFi. Nice layout of the hostel in general. The staff was great! Knew their business, very friendly with excellent English skills! I would definitely stay there again the next time I am in Shanghai.

very helpful staffs and they are very friendly. Location very good, about 1 minute walk away from subway station.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • China

So good - cute asian girl at front desk was very friendly.

• 7th Nov 2015