Blue Mountain LuWan Youth Hostel Reviews

2F Building No1 1072 Nong QuXi Lu, Shanghai, China

The worst hostel I have stayed in during my 3 years of travel!!! Terrible, do not stay here under any circumstance. Advise you to stay at the blue mountain hostel on the bund instead!! This place is dire, the staff are unhelpful and messed up our booking. There is zero atmosphere and the place is in dire need of a good clean... I also was covered in bites after one night here. Gross!!

This place was a little bit out from the city centre, but not too far on the metro. During my time here it was used a lot by long term chinese students and travelling couples. I found it hard to find other single travelers to stuff with.

Good place next to famous noodlerestaurant which made me finally enjoy the noodlesoup! Friendly people around in the neighborhood and a starbucks to balance a bit my senses and mind!

Great hostel, good location, quirky with lots of fun games in the central area.

Good value for money hostel, great social area and in a convenient location too.

It is a very good location in Shanghai, subway station nearby, 10 mins walking head to the heart of Shanghai. Really recommend this inn. regards,

• 17th Jun 2014
  • China

Average place to stay. Internet only worked in communal area. Washing facilities clean and easy to use.

Pretty average time there. Served its purpose, and was right across the street from the subway stop (Luban Road, Exit 3). French guests got pretty rowdy at 1am on my first night there, and it didn't seem like the management cared to try and quiet them down (the common area is pretty close to a lot of the rooms, including mine).

I loved my stay at this hostel! I would recommand it to anyone who's looking for a nice hostel at a reasonable price! Thanks

• 23rd May 2014

I stayed only one night but if my schedule allowed, would have stayed longer. A nice hostel in a great location. Had a great atmosphere and helpful staff. The only issue was the 100rmb deposit. I could have used this cash before leaving the country but only could access upon checking-out and heading to airport. If the hostel could allow a credit card deposit, that would free up the few rmb i had on my person. Otherwise everything was great and definitely worth the value.

• 20th May 2014

Very handy next to Metro station - share rooms a little cramped could do with extra table/ shelf for people on upper bunks- smoke from smokers area next to reception drifted into rooms- overall very good

• 7th May 2014

Smoking...it is China yes but, common sense even in mandarin should be common sense... the matresses are just virtual if you are skinny you may not have a relaxed sleep, if at all... location is very good and staff trying to be helpful but under the line not a place to meet fellow travelers

I like there very much. People are friendly there. It was clean in my bedroom but the shower room wasn't . There was some hair and trash inside. Hope they can check out it more than once everyday. TKS!!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Taiwan

shouldn't let people smoking around

Would recommend!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

the guy on the desk was very friendly and helpful the cleaning lady as friendly the kitchen didnt have any cutlery - knives etc the locker in my room was broken the door wasn't secure the hardest beds in china nice computer area/ good luggage storage/pool table/books/sofa lacked atmosphere

This hostel is not in a fancy neighbourhood but it's across the metro station which is convient! The common area is excellent for Movie DVD, plenty of sofa and chairs & tables, also a fireplace with space where you sit quietly! Their kitch has 24 hour light, frige, boiled drinking water. Simple! I had a great time staying here for just 2 day. But a homey feeling and good atmosphere that make roommates feel like family. Hope to come back to view those DVD I like! Thank you for everything!

When we booked this hostel it said a 10 minute walk away from The Bund - however it's at least 2 line changes away and more than 10 minutes on the tube! The directions on the hostelworld iPhone app are wrong and it sent us to a different Blue Mountain hostel (not what we wanted after having a long train journey to Shanghai). We had to wait about 10 minutes when we got there as although we had booked no double rooms were available! The room was clean and big and the staff were fairly helpful.

Really friendly lively youth hostel that I would use again!

• 11th Apr 2014

We had a good stay at this hostel, which is conveniently located near the subway's circle line, making it a good base for sightseeing. Dorms and bathrooms were fine and usually clean, good value for your money anyways. A disadvantage was that both the free pc's and the WiFi were unbelievably slow, making it hard to plan our trips or research train schedules. Fortunately the staff were friendly and offered to help often.