Cape Byron YHA Reviews

Cnr Byron & Middleton Sts, Byron Bay, Byron Bay, Australia

As long as you go in with a low expectation this place is great. I haven't been in a hostel for a number of years and it was a bit of a shock. The rooms were BOILING, no air con and the fan did nothing. My bed was covered in ants. The hostel was quiet and I did sleep but I only stayed 1 night instead of 3 as it was very clear I'm not cut out for hostels anymore!

• 5th Mar 2015

Loved the environment of this place, loads of buzz and easy to make friends if you're travelling by yourself. The kitchen facilities regarding the utensils were a little poor plus you have to queue for the sinks in the kitchen for a good while to clean up but otherwise loved my week here.

Had a great stay at this hostel - one night turned into five! Location couldn't be better! The staff were friendly and helpful, going out of their way to accommodate us. One of the cleaners, an older lady, lit up up the place with her friendly smile and positivity. Great atmosphere - easy to meet people, but also easy to get some space. The kitchen cleanliness would be my only complaint, but of no fault of the hostel, just young'ns not cleaning up after themselves. I'm sure a struggle anywhere!

by far the most social and fun hostel I have been to up the east coast! Great staff, great facilities, and the pool is a great place to hang out and meet people! If I return to byron I would stay here again without hesitation.

Perfect stay ,ill be back ;)

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

Great kitchen. Wifi is slow and only in the common area. You can buy fast wifi for 5$/day. Small lockers for everyone in the room, you need a lock. The free guided tour to the lighthouse is 3 hours and is amazing. Many young people in the hostel. They usually hang out late at night and come back drunk. You definitely need ear plugs if you want to go to bed before midnight. There is only one common washroom for everybody... gets dirty really easily.

Nice hostel. Friendly staff and excellent location. Only downside there wasn't many activities or events planned by the hostel- which would have been nice to meet more people.

Very friendly and helpful staff which helped make it a great experience as this was our first time staying in a hostel. The cleanliness was better than I expected in the toilets and showers and also rooms. It is in a prime location and they even came to lick you up free of charge from the coach terminal which was a great blessing. Would definitely recommend.

• 14th Jan 2015

Nice hostel in the center of Byron with lockers in the room.

1 2 Next » last »