Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side Reviews

2-20-4-B Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

( ): The location is great - it was the biggest advantage. Man at the reception desk could speak English very well and was helpful. Capsule was quite comfortable and there was more space than we thought it would be. View from the top. Amenities. (-) It was too hot for us and we couldn't switch on air circulation. It was quite dirty. Sento (bath room) was old and unpleasant. No free big lockers. Strange policy for keys (we had to leave it at the reception every time we went out).

if you are a backpacker it is not recomend , you have to do the check out every day and the staff is not friendly

• 13th May 2014
  • Mexico

I wished there is at least one power socket inside each of the capsule so that I could charge my devices like handphone, or camera batteries because I would not have watched the television anyway.

When the lounge is free and empty, it should be accessible to guests who have already checked-out, but need some time to prepare for their next trip. Please do not kick people out onto the streets because they need to prepare, especially if they are not destroying anything, or bothering anyone. The youngest receptionist is wonderful, friendly, and helpful.

I haven't slept so well in a while. After the bath it is so easy to relax and just be on your own in the capsule. I loved it.

Great ! All r excellent ,but the pay locker. i did not have a big baggage so it's fine to me

This was my second time staying here. Got both quality sleep in the capsule and hot bath in the same place, plus they have 'female only floor'. Perfect location, a few mins walk to Sensoji and Asakusa station. Great value for money. Though the big locker room is on different floor which you have to pay extra.

Great location; well manner staff with little english, but remember we are in Japan. Good value for your money. Excellent experience in a capsule hotel

• 22nd Apr 2014

Cheap capsule hotel with a convenient location next to Asakusa station. The facilities are very worn down and dirty. You can smoke inside so the whole building smells smoke. The capsule was OK, except the TV-stand had a ton of dust on it. The whole hotel feels like it had it glory days 20 years ago, and have just given up of maintaining the facilites. The best thing about this place is the cheap place and location. Totally OK for a stay if you are not picky

I found previous reviews are accurate. Great location . Lockers are few floors below the capsules, that's annoying and you have to pay for it every 12 hours. The common room is not that inviting but the only place with wifi. The capsule was confortable and larger than i expected. Am glad i experienced it for a night but wouldn't recommend it for long stay. You need to be super organised with your stuff in order to make this place work.

It was my first experience in a capsule hotel and I slept lnly one night only to try it. It was mainly westerners sleeping there. The capsule was big enough for me. Like others say, I thought it would be smaller. They really need to change the mattress. It was ridiculously thin, having seen many travellers before I guess. I had problems sleeping because my hips were hurting bad. Same with the other guys I asked the day after. I am happy I only slept there one night. Right mext subway station.

Don't stay here unless you absolutely have to!!!We booked 2 nights here. Our stay was a bad experience. The staffs are incompetent when it comes to English. No locker provided and they charged 400 yen per 12hours if we want to use their locker so we ended up leaving out baggage outside. We also want to switch our beds closer to each other's but they said the room was full and didn't let us. Later i found out that the room was half empty. No electric socket in capsule.

I loved the capsule experience, and found that I slept very well! I loved that this location had a traditional sento for bath, and that you could overlook the river with Japanese and Foreign friends from the top floor. I was surprised by how quiet the capsule area was - I never felt disturbed. The 2nd floor is a good place to meet travelers and is the only place to access wifi.

• 30th Mar 2014

Decent enough hotel. Slightly grim atmosphere in the main corridors, but the capsules themselves are nice enough.

It was my first time staying in a capsule hotel, and it was very interesting. The location is great since it's really close to Kaminarimon, Nakamise, Sensoji Temple, etc. The staff were quite nice and understood English well

It was a strange experience to stay in the capsule hotel. It was ok as a bed, and it did not get claustrophobic, but... it was one, too hot, and that made it hardly possible to sleep; and two, they tried to make money on everything, including security boxes.

Some of the padding in certain capsules needs to be changed out as they no longer provide any padding. The bath was great and provided a great view of the sky tree and was maintained very nicely. The location was amazing and was very easy to get to and from on any given day.

No engish speakers there so very hard for them to help. Room was too warm with no wsy to turn it down. Bath room was smokey and stale. Atmos and decor is really aged and tacky. No sign on the building so very hard to find. Check out at 10 banging on my wall was a bit harsh. Check in at 3 was too after a 30 hour journey, no reasoning with staff as no english and i bet the room was ready at 1 pm too.

There were no power points to charge your devices.

• 22nd Feb 2014