City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

Really close to the metro, good lounge spaces. No wifi in the rooms & the drinks are all overpriced, but the people staying there and the staff were all very nice.

Prey clean and convenient , flexible policy to switch the rooms, nice faculties! It will be great if the standard private room can also be shared with another person since there are two beds.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

Not too far out of the way on the metro. Great place with a really good bar and good atmosphere. Price increased for 2nd and 3rd night so we didn't quite get the bargain we expected but then I shouldn't book hostels when I'm tired and hung over!

A really good Hostel would highly recommend...my only negatives are a bit far out of the City centre and you could not buy your own alcohol and bring to the Hostel' which another place in Shanghai it was OK.

I really enjoyed my stay at the city central international hostel. It has a really friendly atmosphere with a large common room an great pool table. Tha beds are also very comfortable.

This hostel has an excellent lounge/restaurant area. There is plenty of space, music, and a pool table. It is a great place to meet people. The atmosphere here is the greatest aspect - and for that I highly recommend. The location however is not optimal. You need to ride the metro to get to anything of interest. The staff was not great either. They were rather unfriendly and not very welcoming to guests.

Stayed in this hostel many times and it has always been a great stay!

• 18th Apr 2015

A great hostel when everytime I go to shanghai,very big for foreigners and chinese people.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • China

Myself and my Dad stayed here for the Formula 1 in Shanghai and he had never stayed in a hostel beforehand. He thought it was far, far better than he expected!

• 10th Apr 2015

Was good. Could have do few things better probably. Like have a bigger common room.

lounge area was clean, but the chairs weren't very comfortable - it wasn't the best for just hanging out

Really lovely hostel and helpful staff with good English. Great lounge area and tasty food and really close the metro. Room was cleaned everyday, very happy.

• 3rd Apr 2015

second time staying in this hostel after 4 years. the hostel did get older but facuilities still quite well-maintained. will consider staying here again

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

I hope the staff would be more friendly and much nicer .

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Philippines

City Central is a big hostel that is not very friendly or welcoming. The location was ok, but I had to use the subway to go anywhere as nothing was close by. Wifi only works downstairs, and there aren't many spaces for people to sit. There were often noisy guests in the lobby, and the lights are dimmed at midnight, so I spent some nights on my computer in the dark. Staff were at times helpful, but other times seemed not to care to help you with your requests. Laundry was good value.

Horrendous. Rude staff, smoke , no air conditioning, loud. The only good thing about this place is that they refunded my money when I left a day early. Worst hostel experience I have ever had in China (I've travelled and lived in China for nearly 2 years).

• 31st Mar 2015

Very helpful staff. Even though we were two more than planned and had booked for it was possible to find a solution. The place is cheap and in a good taxi range of things worth seeing.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Staff took time to acknowledge me at check-in, but we're accommodating to change my room when requested because of roommates smoking in it. Rooms are nice, bathroom facilities decent. Showers not the cleanest. Nice lounge/restaurant and common areas. Decent menu but a bit pricy compared to average restaurant eating. Convenient though. Bright, welcoming atmosphere. Large hostel and thus very busy front desk; plan accordingly. Nearby metro stop makes location ideal. A few eateries nearby as well.

Comfortable beds clean rooms twenty minutes from center - No Wi-Fi in rooms. staff unfriendly/rude No free towels. No towel for rent. everything overpriced (20 rmb for one piece of laundry at the laundry service?!) You got to pay for computers in lobby connecti on is very poor bathrooms not really clean

I only stayed for one night and it was fine. IT'd be great to note that the MRT at the airport stops working at 10:00 pm not 11:00 as I had to take a bus to town and then taxi, despite the information on hostel's website. The staff and facilities at the hostels are ok as is the value for money. Close-to-metro location is very helpful if you are planning to leave early in the morning. A little improvement to the staff's English skills would be helpful though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3