City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

Stayed in this hostel many times and it has always been a great stay!

• 18th Apr 2015

A great hostel when everytime I go to shanghai,very big for foreigners and chinese people.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • China

Myself and my Dad stayed here for the Formula 1 in Shanghai and he had never stayed in a hostel beforehand. He thought it was far, far better than he expected!

• 10th Apr 2015

lounge area was clean, but the chairs weren't very comfortable - it wasn't the best for just hanging out

Really lovely hostel and helpful staff with good English. Great lounge area and tasty food and really close the metro. Room was cleaned everyday, very happy.

• 3rd Apr 2015

second time staying in this hostel after 4 years. the hostel did get older but facuilities still quite well-maintained. will consider staying here again

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

I hope the staff would be more friendly and much nicer .

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Philippines

City Central is a big hostel that is not very friendly or welcoming. The location was ok, but I had to use the subway to go anywhere as nothing was close by. Wifi only works downstairs, and there aren't many spaces for people to sit. There were often noisy guests in the lobby, and the lights are dimmed at midnight, so I spent some nights on my computer in the dark. Staff were at times helpful, but other times seemed not to care to help you with your requests. Laundry was good value.

Horrendous. Rude staff, smoke , no air conditioning, loud. The only good thing about this place is that they refunded my money when I left a day early. Worst hostel experience I have ever had in China (I've travelled and lived in China for nearly 2 years).

• 31st Mar 2015

Very helpful staff. Even though we were two more than planned and had booked for it was possible to find a solution. The place is cheap and in a good taxi range of things worth seeing.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Staff took time to acknowledge me at check-in, but we're accommodating to change my room when requested because of roommates smoking in it. Rooms are nice, bathroom facilities decent. Showers not the cleanest. Nice lounge/restaurant and common areas. Decent menu but a bit pricy compared to average restaurant eating. Convenient though. Bright, welcoming atmosphere. Large hostel and thus very busy front desk; plan accordingly. Nearby metro stop makes location ideal. A few eateries nearby as well.

Comfortable beds clean rooms twenty minutes from center - No Wi-Fi in rooms. staff unfriendly/rude No free towels. No towel for rent. everything overpriced (20 rmb for one piece of laundry at the laundry service?!) You got to pay for computers in lobby connecti on is very poor bathrooms not really clean

I only stayed for one night and it was fine. IT'd be great to note that the MRT at the airport stops working at 10:00 pm not 11:00 as I had to take a bus to town and then taxi, despite the information on hostel's website. The staff and facilities at the hostels are ok as is the value for money. Close-to-metro location is very helpful if you are planning to leave early in the morning. A little improvement to the staff's English skills would be helpful though.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff is helpful and speaks English well. The 8-bed-dormitory I stayed in was comfy, I liked it there. A little cold in the lobby when I was there (early March) but otherwise a nice place to socialize (bar and pool table!). Free use of the computers in the lobby and long hot showers are provided as well. I'll definitely come back!

This was a great value hostel that offers comfortable rooms and good services at fair prices. The staff are very friendly too. The location is right next to a metro and takes only minutes to reach the sites. We would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for good budget travel hotel in Shanghai.

Bar sells Tiger beer. One of the only places in China where I've found it. Not that crappy Tiger Crystal stuff, either. Proper Tiger beer.

I met a lot of nice people from all world ... Nice staff, Nice rooms, it's the third time that i come back in this hostel and i will never change it.

• 13th Mar 2015

My husband and I have stayed at City Central twice and have had pleasant experiences both times. Great location (near metro), awesome staff, and we love the private rooms. We'll definitely be returning soon.

Pretty close to the metro station,so it compensates the far from center location. Staff is helpfull,I stayed in the 4 beds dorms and it was tidy,not too much space though but it wasn't bad.the major problem is that there is a constant smell of cigarettes in the hallways and bathrooms,seams like no one gives a damn about the smoking prohibition and the staff doesn't really deal with it. the hostel is quite big,with 5 floors so don't expect to get any wifi connection farther than the first floor.

It's an amazing place. All the stuff are friendly and professional. The room is clean and comfortable. BTW the food there are really tasty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3