City Central International Hostel

Fabulous 2952 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 2952 Total Reviews

4th May 2017

This hostel is really close to the metro, so its easy to get around the city. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hostel atmosphere was a little quiet, but I appreciated that as I was only in the city for a short weekend of sightseeing.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Apr 2017
8.0

The staff were really helpful and the atmosphere was fun. It's very close to a metro stop, but not the closest to popular locations

26th Apr 2017

I find traveling solo at 78 that staying in hostels is good for me. I meet many people most speak English which is nice. I found in China that young people were generally curious about older people traveling. This is a great hostel and I will certainly stay there again

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

It's great place, awesome atmosphere, great staff, clean and cheap. Cool bar and common area. Wifi great in the common area but not exsistent in rooms.

• alexandrecarrier5177
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2017
7.7

I recommend this hostel in Shanghai. It is located in the western part of the city, close by a subway station where three different lines cross (this is very useful in Shanghai). Breakfast is not included, but there's a nice market where good food is made, in the street right next to the hostel. The rooms are typical hostel rooms. Bathrooms are located on each floor and can be used by anyone in the hostel. I highly recommend the use of flipflops.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

Have used this hostel many times on trips to Shanghai, it fulfills every need you have. It's basic, but clean and I would definitely revisit.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
31st Mar 2017

Awesome location, nice staff, big clean beds, good service and a cool bar. Perfect! I can strongly recommend this!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
3.7

The front desk help barely talked to me and seemed upset to have a customer, he was more concerned about answering phones. My room was beside the staff room and I smelled smoke from there regularly as well as very loud talking. My room faced the patio and all conversations from outside were heard in my room. I did not feel safe in the room. I felt I was a burden as a customer. They also processed my bill wrong and I had to go back and pay more money for a room I did not like or want to stay in.

• Philippines, Female, 31-40
3rd Jan 2017

Old timer guest here since 2013. Nice accommodation for a budget traveler. Best thing is they're accepting international credit cards. Highly recommended if you are not choosy with people whom you're going to be with the same room if you plan to book for a mixed dorm type :)

• Peru, Mixed Group, 18-24