City Central International Hostel

8.1
Fabulous 2949 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

It's great place, awesome atmosphere, great staff, clean and cheap. Cool bar and common area. Wifi great in the common area but not exsistent in rooms.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

Have used this hostel many times on trips to Shanghai, it fulfills every need you have. It's basic, but clean and I would definitely revisit.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
31st Mar 2017

Awesome location, nice staff, big clean beds, good service and a cool bar. Perfect! I can strongly recommend this!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
3.7

The front desk help barely talked to me and seemed upset to have a customer, he was more concerned about answering phones. My room was beside the staff room and I smelled smoke from there regularly as well as very loud talking. My room faced the patio and all conversations from outside were heard in my room. I did not feel safe in the room. I felt I was a burden as a customer. They also processed my bill wrong and I had to go back and pay more money for a room I did not like or want to stay in.

• Philippines, Female, 31-40
3rd Jan 2017

Old timer guest here since 2013. Nice accommodation for a budget traveler. Best thing is they're accepting international credit cards. Highly recommended if you are not choosy with people whom you're going to be with the same room if you plan to book for a mixed dorm type :)

• Peru, Mixed Group, 18-24
31st Dec 2016
5.7

Kahfhbfgj

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
7.4

Good hostel with nice bar area for guests to hangout. Rooms were good, beds were good but hard (especially the top bunks - try and get a bottom ;-) bit of a travel to the city centre. It is close to the train station which is great but it's not a direct line to the city.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

Its was great hostel in a brilliant local. 4 bed dorm rooms were nice ang clean. Just one thing the mattress on the top bunk was very thin. They have great facilities from laundry to a restuarant with great food. Highly recommend it to any backpacker.

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
25th Nov 2016
6.9

We booked private rooms with my bf, it was clean in general, AC didnt work, that was an issue, since it was really cold and for the price it was a bit avarage, but overall no complains. Little far away from the city, so at night difficult to get around after the metro closes or 50-60 yuan from the city center to get back by taxi...The atmosphere was fine, but it was pretty empty, due to the time i guess(late november stay).

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel! There were four of us in a group and I booked the hostel at a different time so I had a different room than them. When the staff saw that we had different rooms she upgraded us to a family room for free and it was great!