City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

Very convenient 24-hour check-in/check-out with clean bathrooms and common areas. As other reviewers have mentioned, the wifi is only accessible in the common area. The hostel is close to the subway, grocery store, and mall. Great value for my one night stay.

Location is not great for Shanghai sightseeing. Probably best to stay somewhere off Nanjing Rd. Staff spoke poor English and was not helpful in getting a cab, even though I told them in advance. All that could have been forgiven if the location was good.

I lived in a single room, was in Shanghai for an exhibition. The room was small compared to the price, location was okay, most staff were very nice and friendly. The bar and atmosphere was decent, but I expected it would be more social. However, the cleaning is bad I assume, cause I found a bug on my bed, which was really scaring.

• 16th May 2015
  • China

The staff was great. The common area and bar were excellent. Great price for beer and the bar staff was super helpful. Location is a little out of the way, but a cab or metro is very convenient. I would most definitely stay here again.

• 14th May 2015

Very unfriendly staff, they tried to charge you for nearly everything. Light in the hostelroom wasn't working. Internet was not working. Really bad feeling being there. Definately one of the worst hostels i've ever been.

Some staff was not helpful.

It's the 5th time that i choose this hostel ... at this time i went with my parents too. Maybe the best one in shanghai ... and i will never change.

The staff were extremely impolite. I've lived in China for three years, so I've seen some impolite service, bit this was a whole new level. Even just asking questions on how to get around seemed like a massive task to them. Internet was terrible. I usually go to Rock & Wood Hostel - I'll be sticking to that choice from now on as the rooms there are cleaner, nicer, have wifi and the staff are extremely friendly and eager to help.I think the price is around the same, even if it's more,worth it.

Had a lot of fun staying here. The atmosphere is very conducive to meeting other people in the hostel. I recommend that you arrive on a Friday, as I did, so you can meet people at the "dumpling party." The first floor has a hug cafe/bar area, and it's a nice place to go before you go out to some of Shanghai's famous clubs, which are a 30-50 rmb taxi ride away.

• 8th May 2015

Great bartender! Nicked named him Smiley. Would recommend to friends. Truly is central, close to subway and great cheap street food.

• 8th May 2015

I stayed in a private double room, big and nice, I liked it although I found it to be pricy just as I did with the hostel in general, food, facilities, etc. The location within the city was not great nor the worst either but it was near to a metro station. As per the downside, I was quite dissapointed with the staff, they were super serious at reception and didn't show much manners, I didn't get a single smile from any of them throught my stay. Thank god at least the guy at the bar was sound!

• 2nd May 2015
  • Spain

Very good hostel with friendly staff who speak English quite well. The only critic is the prices of the drinks in the bar, like 25 yuan for a beer. There is a small kiosk in the street where you only pay 5 or 6 for the same bottle, that's why you see strolling in youngsters all the time with bags with bottles of beer. If the staff would price the drinks in the bar to a normal level, more guests would drink there I guess.

Overall I liked the hotel and am quite satisfied but it's extremely noisy everynight when I stayed close to robby.. Me and my roommate really couldn't sleep whole night. This is the only bad point from this hostel but beside that I enjoyed the staying there.

Really close to the metro, good lounge spaces. No wifi in the rooms & the drinks are all overpriced, but the people staying there and the staff were all very nice.

Prey clean and convenient , flexible policy to switch the rooms, nice faculties! It will be great if the standard private room can also be shared with another person since there are two beds.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

Not too far out of the way on the metro. Great place with a really good bar and good atmosphere. Price increased for 2nd and 3rd night so we didn't quite get the bargain we expected but then I shouldn't book hostels when I'm tired and hung over!

A really good Hostel would highly recommend...my only negatives are a bit far out of the City centre and you could not buy your own alcohol and bring to the Hostel' which another place in Shanghai it was OK.

Quiet staff, great bar area and common area.

Quite pleased with City Cental International Hostel. The last night though it was noisy outside. Not sure where the noise was c0mming from, maybe an airconditioner.

I really enjoyed my stay at the city central international hostel. It has a really friendly atmosphere with a large common room an great pool table. Tha beds are also very comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3