City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

The hostel was a bit far from downtown but at least it was close to the metro. They had a tour listed to a water town close by but when I requested the tour they said they were not offering any tours at the moment The staff didn't speak very good English but they were nice overall

4인실을 썼는데 방이 대개 컸어요 시설도 깔끔하고 무엇보다 좋았던건 조용한 거였습니다. 방음이 잘 되더라구요. 하지만 시내에너 멀어서 관광을 하기연 교통편이상당히 불편하고 푸동 공항까지는 빨리가도 두시간이상이나 걸렸어요. 직원들은 바빠서 그런지 그렇게 친절하진 않더군요. 전반적으로 가격세 비해 시설이 좋은편이라 담에 다시 상해를 가더라도 투숙하고 싶네요.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Nice hostel, clean bedrooms, and bathrooms. Good food, not expensive beer; staff doesnt speak english is the only limitatation. Location only reacheable by buses but it is not so hard to move just use 901.

I read many comments about the hard beds. My comment on that: My bed back home(China) is even more hard, so I slept like a baby in the hostel. I quite liked it, even though the accomodation had the usual simple necessities, but most importantly it was clean. The mosquitoes were not really a problem because we kept the window closed during the night.

clean and close to the station but there was no wifi in the room...

Nice hostel, in a good location.

Was convenient for the Metro into the city. Room was okay but not much in the way of atmosphere.

Longhour working staff and the bar are high points. But my stay this time (the second in 4 years) was borderlined by behaviors of staff members and wrong transport information I received which made me lose an afternoon. The lowest point came when a older staff member proposed me to go to eat some place at 11pm and never showed up (waited 2 hours). Why ask ? Later he just said he didn't go without a care and it was over for me. Maybe the period was bad I don't know, but something was wrong there.

Hostel itself is clean, rooms are big, bathrooms and showers are good and close to the metro station. Staff aren't the most helpful and there is absolutely no atmosphere. The wifi doesn work in the rooms so everyone is just absorbed on the internet inter reception area. Hostel has lots of potential but no activities for opportunities to meet other people.

The staff was very friendly and good English is spoken. The hostel bar is nice. My dorm room was very dirty and smelly, but that might have been because of other room mates. The common shower was cobwebbed and in not all too good condition. The common bathroom which us facing the common space lacks a door. Using the laundry machine and drier is relatively expensive and the drier is not really doing its job. Yet the short walk to the metro (caoyang station) is very convenient.

Great staff, great rooms, awesome location. Pricy food and drinks and the showers weren't cleaned at all for a whole week. But otherwise we enjoyed our stay here, definitely coming back again! Shout out to Angela, she's awesome!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Namibia

All the services in this hostel are excessively overpriced (eg. 20 yuan for using the washing machine). The lobby is extremely small and overcrowded with no place to seat because the internet wifi does not reach the rooms. The English spoken at the reception desk is extremely poor. Drunken people shouted and ran through the corridors, maybe because there is a big pub downstairs. DO NOT rely on the offered tours, they cancel them at departure time without any good reasons.

The staff is pretty nice actually!

Hostel is huge, with a nice cafe/sitting area, I was able to meet great people there. The rooms are less nice, there tends to be a nasty smell in most of the rooms with a noisy aircon. The bathrooms are kept clean.

I had great fun staying here! Bar has a great atmosphere (if a little expensive by China standards) and is a great place to meet people if travelling on your own. Room itself was clean and the bunks very comfortable!! The day I arrived the showers were a bit disgusting (smelt like pee) but that was the only day and I guess you can't help that in a hostel this size.

All but 2 staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful which is the opposite of the promises in the website. The showers were extremely dirty- yuk! And I'm on a 4 month travel round the world and they were probably the worst. Food and drink expensive compared to local amenities. Laundry very temperamental.

• 14th Aug 2014

우선 싱글룸 이용했는데 가격대비 방도 깨끗했고 청소상태도 좋았습니다 늦게일어나서 잠깐 나왔다 들어갔지만 방청소도 깨끗이 되있었구요 호스텔 내부에있는 카페겸 레스토랑에서의 식사도 괜찮았습니다 가격은 쪼금..쌧던거같지만^^; 가장 가까운 지하철 역까지 약 이백미터? 안팍입니다 시내 외각쪽에 있어서 근처에는 크게 둘러볼만한게 없었다는점이 아쉽네요. 스탭들 전부 영어 소통 잘됩니다. 방에서 와이파이는 잘 안됩니다 상해 거의 모든 실내에서와 마찬가지로..전반적으로 편안하게 쉴수있어 좋았습니다

the girl work at the bar not so friendly. actually really rude. that disappointed me very much. but the room price is attractive, its good choice for travelers who has tight budget.

The staff Don t sort out the problems, then Don t rent the towels you need to buy to them,the dryer is not working,if you need the computer you need to pay,you need to pay almost for every thing

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Spain

I find absurd those computers, they're old and most of them doesn't work properly, plus i shouldn't have to pay nothing to use the internet, for sure not 1yuan per 15 min. And the wifi didn't work in my room, again, absurd the staff was great, thought.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7