City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

The hostel was in a great location, very easily accessed from the subway. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable, not the hard beds that are usually found in China. It is a very foreigner friendly hostel. The restaurant/bar in the lobby was very well designed and a comfortable environment. We would definitely come back!

• 11th Apr 2014

The location is quite good. But first, before we arrive I email the hostel staff some important questions but she never reply me; second, the bathroom smells REALLY REALLY BAD (private bathroom); last, it is quite obvious that the staff are more friendly to non-Chinese, which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I will not share the details here but I guess this is not the best way to run an international hostel. I won't recommend this hostel to others. All ppl should be treated equally.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • China

Very Chinese ! Their bar room is impressive! Guest room is quiet & bright, while the commom area is brilliant & cozy! 很有中國味的旅店!房間安靜、明亮🙏🙏🙏,客廳大氣、舒適👍 One of the best hostel in Shanghai!. It would be nice, if there is kitchen for guest to use. Thank you for everything! 上海優質青年旅舍!如有廚房,對長住的旅客,是一大福音。謝謝每一位工作人員,辛苦了!

We ended up not staying at this hostel. I answered good as it wouldn't let me just respond that we didn't stay there. We did stay at a hostel in shanghai that was quite excellent.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Pros: -Decent location -Friendly staff Cons: No warm water when I took a shower Lights in my room didn't work Buggy WiFi

i really felt confortable...it was like being part of a large, young, international family!! thank you for everything!!

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks for your highly recommend! We hope everybody have a good stay in our hostel!

A very good hostel, with friendly helpful staff and clean warm rooms. The only problem you might find is that the wifi is slow.

HI nihao, Thanks for your good comments! We will be better and better, see you next time! Regards Amelia from the hostel

Everything is very good. Too bad on the day we stayed, the hot water isn't working

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice and big rooms, clean bathrooms, very helpful staff. Location is good for Shaghai, close to the metro (line 3,4,11), but not in the center. Wifi is very poor in the rooms, and the breakfast serving is slow.

Nice people, excellent facilities at coffee shop and bar, good location close to Metro station: a great address in Shanghai!

Very conveniently located. Short walk to metro. Dorms are clean and bathrooms are ok, food good but a little pricey. Staff friendly but not very good English.

Decent clean hostel, paid for single room and got upgraded to double for full week. Air conditioning unit outside window was very noisy and hard to sleep. Food was decent, and convenient. But yeah, a little more expensive than restaurants nearby. Washing machine rubbish, clothes soaking wet, no spin function, was told to ring clothes by hand. Close to subway.

A very lively place, where you can meet a lot of people. The location is actually not bad, as you have a subway just around the way and a huge market just behind the hostel. It is just a bit in the outskirts, that is why I don't give a full rating. Security. there are lockers in the room, a key-card system and lockers in the reception area. The staff was, with one exception really friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the cleanliness of the public toilets and bathrooms. So many people ...

This was my hostel in China and on reflection, it was one of the best hostels I stayed. It was warm (middle of winter) in the dorm and in the restaurant/ bar area. The staff was accomodating and helped with Chinese directions etc. Restaurant area cosy with wifi and nice food. I would stay there again.

4 bed dorms were basic but clean and warm. The shared bathrooms were always being cleaned and the showers were hot. The bar/common room was a nice communal space and the food served was good, if a little expensive for china. The wifi worked in the bar/lobby, but poorly and nowhere else, which was the worst standard throughout our 2 months in china. The location of the hostel was good, 6 stops on the metro from the bund. The terms of the tours were badly explained/advertised.

Nice hostel and nice location, clean beds. Very bad internet connection and I was warned of it, yes it's true, the restaurant is very overpriced.

HI nihao, thanks for your comments, we will try to fixed the internet, and make everything better and better. Wish you have a good time in Shanghai,see you next time! Regards Amelia

Close to metro. Very nice staff. Room was nice and clean.

HI nihao, thanks for your good comments, we are the largest youth hostel in Shanghai and good service here, we always try to make everyone who stay here more comfortable and easily to make friends with each other. Wish you have s nice stay in Shanghai, China. See you next time! Amelia

The dryers need to be serviced; it took 4 hours to get my clothes 60% dry. Thank you to the gentleman/owner who provided extra coins to help out.

The hostel was in a good location and the room was nice.

• 24th Feb 2014

HI nihao, Thanks for your good comments,we try our best to make your stay more comfortable, as you know, we always have the best staff, good service, comfortable room, best atmosphere,and the lowest price,it is easily to get all of the inforamtion and easily to make friends. Regards Amelia

Everything about this hostel was superb and I highly recommend it. We stayed at another hostel the week before and it was a 1 compared to this 10 AND more expensive. You won't regret booking here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5