City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

Many facilities like computer access, book renting, private lockers, printing were paid additionally, and VERY expensive. To print one page one has to pay 2 yuan... And for lockers you have to pay every time you lock it. Bar was very expensive too. Also loud music was playing until late night hours. Though it's probably noted in the hostel description in my opinion it sucks that there is no wifi access in rooms. Generally we'd describe this place as 'money sucking'.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Decent hostel. Met some cool people, and the food and bar is good

I like this place. It fits everything I need but the only problem is the noise. On the first day, Some drunken Germans had a fight right in front of my door. On the last day, some shitty Chinese family with 2 kids were super super annoying on the corridor. The boy was shouting like the whole building were on fire and the parents didn't stop the kids, I went out to talk to the family, but the dad told me to mind my own business. The father shouted at me and didn't stop the kids. :(

The matress was horrid, we had holes in it and had to sleep sideways.

Staying in Shanghai after travelling to visit Indian Embassy to submit passport for tourist visa. Went to check in this hostel with my proof and photocopies of my passport/chinese visa given by the Indian embassy should I need them for authorities. They refused to let me check in unless I paid more for a private room (we only had money for dorm) saying we didn't have the right docs, knowing we had nowhere else to go. Received no help/sympathy, had to walk around in rain and find another hostel.

The customer service at this hostel is extremely good. I booked a room on a monday for a stay on friday night. On friday I received a call stating they were unable to give me my original room due to the fact the previous person was not going to check out. not only did they offer me a bigger room but they were extremely helpful and very friendly. I had great stay, and would definitely recommend.

• 7th Aug 2015

The hostel´s restaurant-café-bar was a little too pricey for the poor quality of the food. Also, impresively, the cheapest beer--that could be bougth just outside the hostel for 5 yuan or even 4 or 3--was extremely overpriced: 20 yuan! I found that very annoying and, in a way, abusive. I hope they do change their prices or allow people to bring in drinks.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Colombia

Overall a very good hostel. It was very clean, safe with very nice atmosphere and good value for money considering it was in shanghai

Good hostel, ver near to a subway station.

The hostel is nice. Not great location, but the subway is 5 mintues walk by (the best loctation will be near line 2, and we had to change a train for line 2). The staff are not sooo nice, some are more, some less. I wanted them to order for me a taxi to the airport when they over charge(!!!)which I find REALY not nice to do so for young traverlers (Because of that I took the subway to the airport...). Don't take the trip to "Venice" with them. But, we did meet nice people,and had good time

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Israel

It's a clean hostel but there is not a really good athmospere, it's really big and I think that's the reason. Rooms are really nice.

This is the only hostel I stay everytime I go to Shanghai , atmosphere is very nice

Service was excellent! When I had a problem with a washer, the owner/manager took time to help me out with it. A really nice guy. There were a couple other little travel issues (not completely their fault) but they were handled promptly and efficiently. Also liked the self-service washers I would stay there again.

The stuff in there is not very professional and they don't care anything their clients. We arrived in the hostel 3h later than the check out time and still the rooms weren't cleaned up. We returned back late in the afternoon and the rooms still hadn't properly cleaned. Horrible!! We also had to conform with a different rooms from the one we booked originally. They split our group in two rooms when we should have stayed just in one, all together. I would try another place for next time.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The internet was absolutely awful, the staff wasn't too friendly or enthusiastic about their job. It was clean at least.

• 24th Jul 2015

First of all, the people in the front desk are very rude and they don't help you in anything. If you ask them something, they will answer you in a bad tone. Our air conditioner was in bad shape and we had to contact the janitor. The atmosphere at the bar is lame. They have only one playlist and it keeps repeating itself over and over again. The location is very good but that's it. I wouldn't stay in this hostel again. I am sure that there is a better hostel than this one!

Wifi connection was abysmal and even trying the desktop computers didn't make it much better. Staff were also quite unfriendly and put out by requests and queries.

A very good hostel, close to the subway station and woge shopping mall. The bed is very comfortable.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • China

City central is large and bustling at all hours. We were thankful for the 24hour check in/out services as we arrived quite late to Shanghai. We had the family room with loft bed and two singles below and it was great for our family. Restaurant on site was convenient, although pricey but perfect for early morning breakfasts before tours. Close to metro stop. Definitely has a party vibe. The bar was usually busy. Overall good hostel and suited our needs as a family travelling with children.

The prices fluctuate radically for the dorm rooms and it's really annoying set a standard price and deal with it

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5