City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

The service was really great and friendly, thank you.

HI nihao, Thanks for your good comments,we will do everything better and better, see you next time! Regards Amelia from the hostel

The only one thing we didn't like was the absence of the ability to use the air conditioner, that's why it was rather cold.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Ukraine

HI nihao, thanks for your comments! Sorry for the uncomfortable. There is heater、air-conditioner in the room and we also can send you more blankets, please ask us when you stay here again. See you next time!

Overall, I'd say I was really happy with this hostel. Friendly staff, clean bathrooms and rooms, a nice restaurant/bar with good food at a decent price. The location isn't central (though it's only a 5 minute walk to a metro station serving 3 lines), so if walking everywhere is your thing, then choose somewhere else. My only complaint was the freezing cold shower. I'm not sure if they only have hot water at specific times, so maybe ask the staff if you stay here.

• 10th Feb 2014

Great hostel! We had a private room, and it was as good as any budget hotel we've stayed in. Not centrally located but right next to the metro station so it's very easy to get to the sights. Staff we're helpful and friendly, booked our train tickets to Guilin when we couldn't get them at the station. Facilities and food are both great. Would definitely recommend.

thank you for a lovely stay, we had an enjoyable time at the hostel

Almost everything was great! Only two problems were the treat of some of the staff and the laundry facilities. Some of the staff were very rude, I had problems when I went to pay, but I think it was because it is a to massive hostel and they only have two people at the reception to help, so they felt exceeded. And at the laundry they just have two washing machines and one dryer (They have two, but only one works), so again, for the amount of people it wasn't enough.

Fare from good restaurant. Room very cold, not good heat. Food in hotel expensive and not very good. Very load music, always the same toune. Some member of staff were not very friendly, did not care enought about travelers

i really liked my stay there and would stop by again. have recommended the hostel already to friends.

we had very good time in this hostel. adviser staff good bar cocktail bar: )

Massively helpful staff! Cheap for Shanghai and super soft mattress!

• 28th Jan 2014

Happy chinese new year! Thanks for your good comments! Hope you have a very good experience in our hostel and in Shanghai! See you next time! Amelia from the hostel

We stayed in the double bed ensuite room. The room was really spacious and clean, bathroom excellent. The hostel has a big communal area were a lot of people hang out. Music sometimes to loud. The hostel is one street away from the subway, whitch is convenient. Staff helped us out bigtime with the traintickets, especially Amelia! Value for money in a big city like Shanghai is great. Only con is the noise from partypeople in the hallways.

The staff is really rude when you ask questions. The once even asked me if I really didn't know where something was. You don't ask if you know. The other thing is they always send you to the wrong subwaystation. It happend 3 or 4 times.

• 27th Jan 2014

Clean, comfortable, and decent location (easy walk to metro). If you're traveling alone also seems like a good place to meet other travelers. Overall a good stay for me and my girlfriend.

• 25th Jan 2014

Bit further out from where everything happens but no bad thing as allows retreat from hustle and bustle and ease of metro makes this fact slightly irrelevant. Rooms are clean, beds are very decent for the price and by and large you easily feel like you've got your money's worth.

I stayed in a 4bed dorm and I had a nice stay at this hostel. Beds were clean, big and comfortable. The room was a little small if it was full, but it didn't bother me at all. It was nice meeting people from all over the world in the lobby, the staff was quite helpful. Bathroom was clean too. If I visit Shanghai again I will defenitly come back here !

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

Happy chinese new year! We are so appreciate that you give us a highly recommendation, thank you very much! We will give some big discount to the repeat customers, we will try our best to improve and do good service for all people who have been stay or will stay in our hostel. Yes, we made our hoste like a small world in the past few years, and we will hold more activities and more party in the new year what can make everybody easily to talk with each other. Hope to see you next time! Amelia

So-so hostel. Close to a metro but near anything interesting. There was a blood stain in my room that I informed the staff about but they did nothing about. This hostel will also find ways to nickel and dime you for things that would be complementary at other places (like using the computer). Overpriced drinks.

The staff were so helpful!!

We stayed with City Central in 2009 and enjoyed it so much we returned with our 3 children for this visit. I cant speak highly enough of the staff and facilities. The staff go out of their way to help and were so amazing with our boys. Always plenty of hot water and the room was excellent and well heated. Even better than I remembered. I would recommend anyone travelling with children to stay here in the family room. The train station is right up the road with easy access to everything. AWESOME

HI nihao, Thanks for your great comments! We are so happy to hear that! As you know, we are the biggest youth hostel in Shanghai, this is a small world, there is everything you need, it is very easy to make friends if you stay here, I think everybody like your sons very much! Lovely boys! Whis you have a good time in Shanghai! See you next time! Regards

The staff was really eager to help. But most of them have a hard time with english. Its a decent hostel but it smells, it's cold, and the location isn't prime. wish i could give it a better rating but honestly it's just average. the restaurant is a nice space but the food is average, in line with everything else. I wouldn't say don't stay there, but don't expect much.

Superb common bar... you meet and talk to a lot of cool solo travelers there, and there are impromptu jazz sessions from guests with talent. One problem I had with my experience at the hostel was the old water town tour they organize for the day. They take you to this place that is supposed to be like "Venice of China" but in fact its only a suburb of Shanghai that's 30 minutes away. The driver just drops you there without a guide or anything. No explanation. Take a solo bus its much cheaper.