City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

I stayed in a private double room, big and nice, I liked it although I found it to be pricy just as I did with the hostel in general, food, facilities, etc. The location within the city was not great nor the worst either but it was near to a metro station. As per the downside, I was quite dissapointed with the staff, they were super serious at reception and didn't show much manners, I didn't get a single smile from any of them throught my stay. Thank god at least the guy at the bar was sound!

• 2nd May 2015
  • Spain

City Central was great, more of a hotel than a hostel. We booked a 4 person private room and it was like a little two story apartment. Queen bed upstairs and 2 singles on the main floor. Very bright and clean, with towels, soap and toothbrushes provided (thought replenished daily... this was overkill. Nobody needs a daily toothbrush change). My only complaint was that they let my friend into our room when he inquired, no questions asked. What if it had just been a random person...

Very good hostel with friendly staff who speak English quite well. The only critic is the prices of the drinks in the bar, like 25 yuan for a beer. There is a small kiosk in the street where you only pay 5 or 6 for the same bottle, that's why you see strolling in youngsters all the time with bags with bottles of beer. If the staff would price the drinks in the bar to a normal level, more guests would drink there I guess.

Overall I liked the hotel and am quite satisfied but it's extremely noisy everynight when I stayed close to robby.. Me and my roommate really couldn't sleep whole night. This is the only bad point from this hostel but beside that I enjoyed the staying there.

Really close to the metro, good lounge spaces. No wifi in the rooms & the drinks are all overpriced, but the people staying there and the staff were all very nice.

Prey clean and convenient , flexible policy to switch the rooms, nice faculties! It will be great if the standard private room can also be shared with another person since there are two beds.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

Not too far out of the way on the metro. Great place with a really good bar and good atmosphere. Price increased for 2nd and 3rd night so we didn't quite get the bargain we expected but then I shouldn't book hostels when I'm tired and hung over!

A really good Hostel would highly recommend...my only negatives are a bit far out of the City centre and you could not buy your own alcohol and bring to the Hostel' which another place in Shanghai it was OK.

Quiet staff, great bar area and common area.

Quite pleased with City Cental International Hostel. The last night though it was noisy outside. Not sure where the noise was c0mming from, maybe an airconditioner.

The hostel is nice, but when you walk by the bathroom it STINKS. The staff is pretty helpful and speak English well, but the manager is a very mean man who yells a lot in the lobby making it pretty uncomfortable. The beds are clean though, and the room smelled nice.

I really enjoyed my stay at the city central international hostel. It has a really friendly atmosphere with a large common room an great pool table. Tha beds are also very comfortable.

This hostel has an excellent lounge/restaurant area. There is plenty of space, music, and a pool table. It is a great place to meet people. The atmosphere here is the greatest aspect - and for that I highly recommend. The location however is not optimal. You need to ride the metro to get to anything of interest. The staff was not great either. They were rather unfriendly and not very welcoming to guests.

Stayed in this hostel many times and it has always been a great stay!

• 18th Apr 2015

A great hostel when everytime I go to shanghai,very big for foreigners and chinese people.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • China

Myself and my Dad stayed here for the Formula 1 in Shanghai and he had never stayed in a hostel beforehand. He thought it was far, far better than he expected!

• 10th Apr 2015

Was good. Could have do few things better probably. Like have a bigger common room.

lounge area was clean, but the chairs weren't very comfortable - it wasn't the best for just hanging out

Really lovely hostel and helpful staff with good English. Great lounge area and tasty food and really close the metro. Room was cleaned everyday, very happy.

• 3rd Apr 2015

second time staying in this hostel after 4 years. the hostel did get older but facuilities still quite well-maintained. will consider staying here again

• 2nd Apr 2015