City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

It is still nice place, but 2 years ago it was cheaper, breakfast was included and most of all it was much more clean, now is absolutely not.

Nice location near subway station. Amazing staff. Fantastic international atmosphere.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

2nd time staying here. The common area/bar is great, one of the best I've stayed in. It's great for meeting people, cosy during the day and often lively at night depending on the crowd. Stayed in the 4 bed dorm again and it is comfortable and cleaned regularly. Since I was here last year prices in the bar have gone up and it is now actually very expensive to drink in there. A bottle of Tsingtao for 20rmb is ridiculous.Lack of 'Happy Hour' or other offers here is a big negative too.

Everyone was really nice. We had a 2 person room and everything was clean and comfortable. It was overall a really great stay but we did not try the cafe they have.

• 6th Oct 2014

Great location, clean (for china) and atmosphere in bar area is great for socialising! But wifi is terrible and the whole place is designed to make you spend loads of money (no wifi in rooms, "conveniently" so you have to go cafe/bar) and buy something! So basically they don't care if you have a good time or not. All they want is £££££

Everything was great. The laundry facilities was a bit overpriced, but at least it included washing powder. Drying the clothes outside made me a bit nervous, but nothing was lost, and the clothes got clean!

Didn't spend a ton of time there because I was out and about in the city, but one of the great things about this hostel is its location. You can hop on the subway a block away (Caoyang Station), and it is very convenient to get all around the city from there. The staff was helpful and friendly. Their English is not bad, but I speak Mandarin so that wasn't a major concern of mine. The room was spacious and clean, and every night when I returned to my room I had fresh towels. No complaints here!

• 4th Oct 2014

Good value for the money and location. Metro is just around the corner and there is even a Carfour nearby. Common area with bar as well as pool table and fuss ball. Although, there is no WiFi in the rooms. At the time i stayed the bathroom on my floor wasn't cleaned for three days. Hope that was an exception! Beside that it was a good stay.

We stayed here for ten days, and we really enjoyed it. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the prices are good and the atmosphere is really nice.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Only two staff members seemed happy to help. One member of staff even walked away from me when I asked a question. I had two dishes from the restaurant. Both tasted terrible and were overpriced. The rooms were not cleaned thoroughly. And the location is bad. I would not recommend staying here.

We got upgraded for some reason unbeknownst to us. Heaps of folks from all over, spacious common area (cafe), and all the facilities and help you need. Staff was very cool too. Seems to be THE hostel in Shanghai!

I wish to get wifi in room too, not only lobby

• 1st Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Over all a good hostel with nice beds. Didn't like that people could smoke in the bar/restaurant. And staff were helpful with booking tours etc.. A big hostel with good bar, could be bit better used to create more of a atmosphere.

This hostel is more like an hotel. Wifi doesn't work on the rooms and there is no kitchen. We stayed in a room with a terrible smell but we asked to change and they gave us another room. We think that we had bedbugs but we only realized that after check-out so we didn't tell them; probably they would have changed our room again. It is close to the subway.

very nice,kind,helpful people!!!!!!you people are greats!!!! i love you guys and thank you for all you help

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Located close to train station but far from the interesting places in Shanghai. Room and toilet not very clean, too dirty under the beds. Staff seems too stressed. It supposed smoke is forbidden in restaurant before 12 pm, but we saw some chinese people smoking there during breakfast time (9:30 am). Anyway, it can be a good hostel for you if you are smoker.

I wanted to travel to the venice of china (I forgot the chinese name) and could not find the place because the description was not detailed enough. I wanted to show other people the place I liked to go but I was showed to several places but never where I wanted to go. This is the only critic I have. The rest of my staying was very helpful and nice. Don't misunderstand this. I would go there definitley a second time.

• 13th Sep 2014

The hostel was a bit far from downtown but at least it was close to the metro. They had a tour listed to a water town close by but when I requested the tour they said they were not offering any tours at the moment The staff didn't speak very good English but they were nice overall

Value for money is great, no other hostel gives these prices for a single room, close to metro and bus stops, with many taxis in the area. I've been here many times and it's clean enough. It's in the level of 3* hotels in EU, if anyone needs comparison. I have seen one dead roach in the hallway, but not in the room. Though I *think* I heard rats running around outside (I was on the ground floor), but that's Shanghai (20+ mil ppl). Room itself was clean, wifi, tv, ac, decent and clean toilette.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Serbia

4인실을 썼는데 방이 대개 컸어요 시설도 깔끔하고 무엇보다 좋았던건 조용한 거였습니다. 방음이 잘 되더라구요. 하지만 시내에너 멀어서 관광을 하기연 교통편이상당히 불편하고 푸동 공항까지는 빨리가도 두시간이상이나 걸렸어요. 직원들은 바빠서 그런지 그렇게 친절하진 않더군요. 전반적으로 가격세 비해 시설이 좋은편이라 담에 다시 상해를 가더라도 투숙하고 싶네요.

• 6th Sep 2014