City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

It's a clean hostel but there is not a really good athmospere, it's really big and I think that's the reason. Rooms are really nice.

This is the only hostel I stay everytime I go to Shanghai , atmosphere is very nice

Service was excellent! When I had a problem with a washer, the owner/manager took time to help me out with it. A really nice guy. There were a couple other little travel issues (not completely their fault) but they were handled promptly and efficiently. Also liked the self-service washers I would stay there again.

The stuff in there is not very professional and they don't care anything their clients. We arrived in the hostel 3h later than the check out time and still the rooms weren't cleaned up. We returned back late in the afternoon and the rooms still hadn't properly cleaned. Horrible!! We also had to conform with a different rooms from the one we booked originally. They split our group in two rooms when we should have stayed just in one, all together. I would try another place for next time.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The internet was absolutely awful, the staff wasn't too friendly or enthusiastic about their job. It was clean at least.

• 24th Jul 2015

First of all, the people in the front desk are very rude and they don't help you in anything. If you ask them something, they will answer you in a bad tone. Our air conditioner was in bad shape and we had to contact the janitor. The atmosphere at the bar is lame. They have only one playlist and it keeps repeating itself over and over again. The location is very good but that's it. I wouldn't stay in this hostel again. I am sure that there is a better hostel than this one!

Wifi connection was abysmal and even trying the desktop computers didn't make it much better. Staff were also quite unfriendly and put out by requests and queries.

A very good hostel, close to the subway station and woge shopping mall. The bed is very comfortable.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • China

City central is large and bustling at all hours. We were thankful for the 24hour check in/out services as we arrived quite late to Shanghai. We had the family room with loft bed and two singles below and it was great for our family. Restaurant on site was convenient, although pricey but perfect for early morning breakfasts before tours. Close to metro stop. Definitely has a party vibe. The bar was usually busy. Overall good hostel and suited our needs as a family travelling with children.

The prices fluctuate radically for the dorm rooms and it's really annoying set a standard price and deal with it

Two major complaints about the hostel, first that it didn't really have a common room to meet other people (a couple of chairs here and there don't make a common room) and second that the wifi barely worked while I was there. The wifi was particularly frustrating because instead of addressing the issue, the guy working reception just kept saying "well it's working on my phone." Wouldn't stay here again.

We had a family suite which was most size able.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

It's very nice and very big, everything is perfect.

Very nice hostel: clean, tidy, dorms for just 4 people with soft mattresses and near a central metro station. Although the location isn't in People's Square or Nanjing Road, it s close to Caoyang Road station which is 20 minutes away for People's Square. Maybe they have to invest a little in WiFi infrastructure since the signal wasn's very good.

Great! The staff was very kind and it is so sweet that they care for the animals there. We were particularly fond of the little kitten and the piglet! So cute. The facilities were nice and everything worked fine. It was also nice to have access to computers as it made looking at activities and surfing the web easier. Thanks!

You should be ashamed to charge people money for this place. Every room and hallway smells like mold, the staff were rude and the bathrooms were gross. I hated this place.

Internet sucks, and no internet in dorms. It's ok for a night, but there are better hostels around. The staff didn't seem particularly interested in helping out, just to do the bare minimum their job requires. That's the problem with a hostel this huge, it's becomes fairly impersonal. Location is ok, not wonderful.

Great hostel with nice rooms and bathroom areas. Really nice bar/ restaurant area. Not near a whole lot but very close to a metro served by 3 lines so very easy to get around.

Met amazing people and the staff were ok. Hey will help you if you ask the right questions but on the whole it was an amazing hostel. It's close to bus stops and the metro so it's easy to get places. definitely recommend it to everyone who is looking for a good atmosphere, party hostel.

room is not so big. although there are cleaners keep maintaining cleanliness in common area, no one came n change my bed sheet and blanket during my over two weeks' stay here since i know shanghai quite well so location is not a problem fir me. inlt issue is wifi. we dont have wifi connection in room. so everyone should go to lobby area to use internet however the space is limited there and connection is poor.