City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

Good location, very clean, big room. But: room was equipped with central power switch. It turns electricity only when reads electronic chip located on room key. I couldn't charge my devices when I was away and it was very annoying. WiFi was accessible only in lobby and was not available on other floors. Cable internet connection in room didn't work.

Great CLEAN hostel with great bar. A little far from most of the attractions, but 2 stops from the train station. Which is nice. Depends on what staff member you talk to. Some know things and others are clueless. I was given the wrong metro stops many times and also told that I couldn't book the acrobatic show there, when there was a sign behind them and they emailed me. I asked another lady another day and she did it right away. Only complaint is the staff not knowing a sufficient amount.

The beds in the dormitories were big and comfortable. It would have been nice to be able to charge devices in the lockers or when we were not in the room. The bathrooms (with western toilets) were very clean and the showers had plenty of hot water. The staff was very friendly but the check-in was slow. It also took a while to get our food at the restaurant. The food was ok but the coffee was very good. The lounge was very comfortable. Wifi was good in the dormitories. I would come back!

HI nihao! We are so appreciate! You gave us some good advise, you can help us to improve! We will try to make the service better and better! Yes, as you said, it is a little slow during the noon time, cause this is really a embarrassing moment, some people need check out as soon as possiable to get their train or flight while some need to check in and find a place to sleep after a long journey... Dear customer, I promise I will do a quick check in next time! See you next time!

Although my stay was good, I don't think I would stay there again, the staff wasn't really that helpful, location was ok but I found a better location. I spent quite a bit of monies to use their computers. Sub way stay was near by about 10min walk and place was clean.

This hostel is really far out so u r totally dependant on the metro which stops at 2230! The atmosphere was really bad. The wifi (when it worked which wasnt often) only works in bar and reception so everyones on their phones instead of making friends. The staff were quite unhelpful and just didnt seem to care. It was new year and they didnt plan any events or even have cheap drinks on! The only suggestion they had-the Bund for the fireworks but that meant taxi home queueing with 50000 other ppl!

Good hostel. Staff was really nice and helpful. Location is really good as it is just a 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro Station. More or less really clean and I found the bathrooms to be quite nice for a hostel. The restaurant is really good too and a good place to meet people. Lastly, they organize some good trips such as the Canals which I enjoyed. Definitely recommend this hostel.

We had a double room. It was very comfortable and clean.

we are really glad you are satisfied with the staying in our hostel,and we will try to make all the guests like you be willing to come to spend a special time with us in Shanghai, we also expect to see you again. Really thanks for your comment.

location is good, like 3 mins walking distance from the station. toilets and bathrooms were unbelievably clean. staff were quite willing to help. next time when i visit shanghai again, i certainly would stay here again.

A nice hostel with a large bar and good, clean bathrooms. The food wasn't that good - both in quantity and quality - and a a bit on the expensive side, but for the rest it was awesome. The bar is a great way to meet up with some other people and explore the clubbing scene of Shanghai.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere is very laid back. You can meet several people from various nations just sitting in the lobby or in the bar area. The biggest complaint is that the smell of the smoke from the bar and the smell of the community toilets was a little overwhelming. I believe that the rooms are a little overpriced. If there was a slight update in the facilities, I would be willing to pay the rate that I paid. However, he staff was very very friendly!

• 23rd Dec 2013

so nice to see your comment here and we will do the cleaning job more often to make the accomodation better and try to have some updating of some old facilities which will real let you content with.Hope you could visit us again the following later days.Best regards.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay and experience at City Central International Hostel. However, the internet was slow, so I would have preferred up to date computers. Otherwise, the stay was generally good.

Thanks for your good comments, we are so happy to hear that, we will try all best make the hostel better and better, It is a really a good news that we are highly recommened by most of customers on 2013, we do will make everybody who stay here much happier, more comfortable, and keep a good memory of Shanghai City Central hostel on 2014! See you next time!

Great place. I got the single room. Everything i needed. Great staff. Very helpful. Close to a metro line. I go to shanghai often and i always go here.

thanks for your good comments, we are so happy to hear that, we will try all best make the hostel better and better, It is a really a good news that we are highly recommened by most of customers on 2013, we do will make everybody who stay here much happier, more comfortable, and keep a good memory of Shanghai City Central hostel on 2014! See you next time!

Actually this hostel is a fairy good one. But I am really not happy about what they do today. I am regular client here for quite a few weekends and used to booking online everytime before I came until a receptionist told me I could come directly without booking online and get the same price as what they published online. It's small money but I don't happy that they couldn't keep their words.

A great place to stay. Lovely english speaking staff, very helpful. I warmly recommend this nice hostel to everyone!

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Switzerland

Nihao,thanks for your staying and highly comment to our hostel,as you know, we are always ready to serve all the custemers buth from home and abroad.Hope you really enjoyed a nice day in shanghai with us.We will also try our best to do better in order to reach your satisfaction. Sincere appreciation to you and we wish for your next staying here. Best regards.

Very good location and helpful hostel staff with excellent English. Our double room was very big and let in a lot of light. The bathroom was also clean and there was also hot water. Food was decent in the hostel bar although sometimes a little slow. On the whole I would definitely recommend this hostel for any visitors coming to Shanghai.

HI nihao, Thanks for your good coments, we are so glad to hear that you like our hostel, as you know,we are very close to the metro station(big transfer station) we have the best service in Shanghai, and vey comfortable rooms. How about the food? It is good taste,right? Sorry for waiting! Cause there is many people order the lasagna, so make your food a little bit solw. And I am sure we will serve you food very fast....

I've had a really nice time at this hostel. Great staff and a backpacker atmosphere. I'de sell cheaper beer to get more people to stay in the hostel and talk to everybody.

Thank you for your comment, we are determined to make all the guests to have a harmonious atmosphere in our hostel, so we have a cheap price for beers to give a stage like a party in your own home and have fun here. also a lot made many friends here, that is what we want originally respected.Really glad that you love here and please recommend us to other of your friends who wanna come to shanghai,China.thank you very much. also hope we could see you next time.Regards.

The hostel facilities were excellent and really clean. In general, the staff was really helpfull and nice eventhough some communication problems happened while our stay. Perhaps in the future, the hostel could be more specific when communicating about the trips etc. :)

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Finland

HI nihao, Thanks for your comments, we are so appreciate! I think you joined our Cannal town tour, and have a nice experience, isn't it? It is a really good idea to creat a city tour, we will take your advise and thanks for your good point! Regards

Great common area with awesome atmosphere. Booking desk was useful. Location close to subway although not much around. Food average, overpriced and often meals were unavailable meaning we had to pay more for something else. Also very Western food, no good Chinese on the menu. Laundry facilities ridiculously expensive and dryers completely ineffective - had to put clothes through about 8 times then gave up. Bathrooms and rooms adequate. Enough staff spoke English too which was helpful.

Nice hostel, however bar was expensive and it is far away from the city centre.

HI nihao, Thanks for staying with us, you got a really big discount of the 4-bed dorm! Actually, our bar is the cheapest one compare with all out of our hostel in shanghai, and I am sure you love all foods here, see you next time,wish you have a nice time in Shanhai. Regards

I highly recommend City Central. The room i had was very big, very clean and very comfortable. There is a restaurant at the hostel with extensive food menu. There is also a large department store nearby you can buy fruit and vegetable. It is very close a metro stop and very quiet, which is important in a hectic city such as Shanghai. The atmosphere at the hostel is good and friendly. It is excellent value for money.

HI nihao, Thanks for your highly recommend! This is Amelia...Menu price always the same and reasonable, most of the time you can get a half price or a big discount! Haha, like pasta, pizza,and nice cocktails...oh,and the cheap beer tower!!! I know you like our hostel very much,hope you will stay here again, and wish you have a nice tine in China! Regards