City Central International Hostel Reviews

No.300 Wuning Road, Putuo District, Shanghai, China

This is a great, fun hostel in a good location in Shanghai. We live in a small town in China and definitely will be coming back on our next trip to Shanghai.

• 2nd May 2014

HI nihao, Thanks for your good comments! We will be better and better, see you next time! Regards Amelia from the hostel

The staff at the reception was very helpful and friendly. But the staff that worked in the kitchen and at the bar was too busy and unorganized. We waited 1 hour for our breakfast and 30 min for a coffee!

• 30th Apr 2014

Thanks for your good comments! You know, we always try to make everyone's stay more comfortable, I know you love our hostel very much. Due to the holiday time, there is many people order the food in the restaurant so that make your food slower than usual, hope your understanding and see you next time! Amelia from the hostel

the stuff were super friendly and helpful. they browsed even in the net when i had a special request. people and atmosphere were great. room was quiet and had really wide beds. facilities were clean and modern. nonetheless the hostel is to far away from the city center and had a really high rate during the labour day holidays. 100 RMB per night more than usual - which is my only negative point.

• 30th Apr 2014

we are really glad you are satisfied with the staying in our hostel,and we will try to make all the guests like you be willing to come to spend a special time with us in Shanghai, we also expect to see you again. Really thanks for your comment.

Great for meeting people and great communal spaces. The wi-fi is terrible though and only works in the lobby area, and then the signal is so weak that even then it only works sometimes.

The guy at hotel ripped me off for taxi, charged me 250rmb when price quoted on flyer was 200 ... But despite that only took 35mins , so would have been 120 on meter

• 27th Apr 2014

I had doubts staying in a hostel, but my experience at city central was so amazing that it really made my trip to china worthwhile. I went to china alone but didn't actually feel alone at all because people at the hostel were so friendly. the staff were amazingly helpful even though not all of them could speak English.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

The first few times I stayed here I was quite pleased. I thought the staff was friendly, efficient and left me smiling when I walked away. The restaurant/lounge is cozy, if not a bit tired. The hallways are nice and spacious and the rooms are a clean enough. However, I think the hostel is on the brink of being overwhelmed by the amount of guests that come in and out of the doors. Last weekend all the front desk staff seemed very frazzled and my happy bubble surrounding the place burst.

• 26th Apr 2014

Good clean hostel, really enjoyed my stay. Thanks!

Good location, near public transport. Very very clean hostel with great facilities. Staff not always the friendliest, however generally tried to help. Overall good value for money. Good bar with reasonable prices.

HI nihao, Thanks for your good comments,we try our best to make your stay more comfortble, as you know, we always have the best staff, good service, comfortable room, best atmosphere,and the lowest price,it is easily to get all of the inforamtion and easily to make friends. Regards Amelia

This was by far the worst hostel I stayed at in China. The staff were not helpful and only one spoke english at the standard needed to pass on even basic information. They do not provide a map, you need to pay for one. The internet signal is terrible and only works for a min or so at a time in the foyer only. Staff gave incorrect information regarding ways to travel to and from the airport. Door keys kept failing so needed to return to the reception often. Kitchen staff mucked up food orders.

This is definitely a good hostel. I stayed here for four times, and I would definitely come again.

Faie value for money especially in Shanghai. The place is perfectly reachable by metro. It has a nice restaurant/bar where you can meet other travelers. Dorms were clean and absolutely ok to sleep. I quite liked it.

Nihao,thanks for your staying and highly comment to our hostel,as you know, we are always ready to serve all the customers both from home and abroad.Hope you really enjoyed a nice day in shanghai with us.We will also try our best to do better in order to reach your satisfaction. Sincere appreciation to you and we wish for your next staying here. Best regards.

Pretty boring place tbh, staff and facilities are good though. Lot's of Chinese people staying here, many of whom are in Shanghai for work, so it creates a different, less fun, atmosphere. But it's clean, safe and friendly enough.

Very nice hostel! Staff is very helpful and assists with almost any problems you might have.

• 18th Apr 2014

Thanks for your highly recommend, we always try to improve, to make everybody who stay here more comfortable, and enjoy their stay here! Hope you have a nice time in Shanghai,see you next time! Amelia from the hostel

The atmosphere was really nice, everybody was very warm and open. Chinese staff try to help everybody with tours or any other thing.

HI nihao, Thanks for your good comments,we will do everything better and better, see you next time! Regards Amelia from the hostel

Intrntet connection sucks

It was a very good hostel, but it was too far away from the things I wanted to visit.

I found a cockroach and the service was slow, other than that, it was fine.

• 16th Apr 2014

Although a good hostel with a great bar/restaurant this was a very noisy place. We were in a private room but were woken several times each night by people chatting/shouting in the corridor and common area. Not good!

Good location close to a subway-station and an area with lots of small restaurants, helpful staff and clean rooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Apr 2014