Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

This was a very comfortable stay with great provision for basic necessities and good hygiene standards. The ambience is lively with people of all ages, from all around the world staying in the hostel. I immediately felt welcomed and knew it would be a memorable time as everything was well taken care of. I would highly recommend this place to any person visiting London. Also, it is conveniently located near some great attractions.

Hello! Thanks for your lovely review and comments after your stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Generator London again in the near future. Thanks again for choosing us and see you soon. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

This hostel was everything you could need for a stay in London! It's only about 5 minutes walk to the metro which is very convenient and there is a shopping center nearby that has plenty of restaurants and shops. Also, I loved having the movie theater in the hostel that showed films every night at both 8 and 11pm. The cafe/restaurant in the hostel was also nice to have. The only problem I found was that the 10 person room was kind of cramped and the shared bathroom was quite far from the room.

Great hostel, nice location.

Hello! Thanks for your feedback after your stay with us here in London. We look forward to welcoming you back again really soon. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Had an amazing time staying here! Met some amazing people, the staff and security are really nice if you get to know them! Bar is reasonable price and is open every night! No complaints really just it's difficult to bring anyone back if you were planning on it. I kept coming back to stay! Miss is already!

Hello! Thanks so much for getting in touch after your recent stay with us. It's great to hear from you and even better to know that you had a blast! We'd love to welcome you back to Generator London again really soon. #GenLove from us all. Nate - Guest Relations Executive

I do love staying here and will be first choice for next visiting.

Very clean, professional hostel. I booked a room for 4 and was in a room for 6 however, so might be worth checking this at check-in. Otherwise, I can definitely recommend the hostel.

One of the best hostels I stayed in UK. It is a large operation yet it is well kept and clean.

Felt safe in this hostel although wouldn't say it's a party hostel as there were a lot of old people. Close to tube station for easy transport. Rooms were very muggy not very pleasant to be in. Toilets flooded so couldn't use the toilets on our floor. Overall satisfactory stay.

• 26th May 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed at so far in my Europe trip. They clean so often and security is on top of everything. Also met some great people here. Only problem I would say is the check in process is awfully slow, so the line gets really long.

This place is near the Russell square tube station, which is extremely convenient. All staff are extremely helpful and offer help whenever needed. Security is right and good, would definitely recommend visiting the hostel!

Hello! Thank you so much for sharing your Generator experience after your recent stay. It's great to hear from you and thanks again for choosing us. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Nice hostel. Clean facilities and strong security. Communal bathroom was always very accessible.

• 19th May 2015

Pretty good hostel. Really fun bar that was always busy at night. Facilities and beds were good. Only bad thing was how intense security was. Had to go through 2 checkpoints at night just to get in the hostel, and you were constantly told to be quiet when having a smoke outside the bar at night. Overall was pretty good, a bit pricey though.

Well kept and run, safe and secure with personal lockers. Liked the location near the Kings Cross tube, made it easy to get around :) The only complaint, if any, are the bathrooms a bizarre set up - there's no place to change or keep clothes while you shower, meaning some awkwars change of clothes amongst the urinals.

More power outlets and personal lights on the beds would have been very convenient

Hello! We appreciate all of your comments and suggestions and thank you for sharing your Generator experience after your stay with us. We hope to see you back at Generator London again soon. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

You will meet new people here, you will have fun with them, you will see new things with them! I had an amazing time here, unforgettable! Highly recommend it. The food, bars, and common areas do it for me. The hostel has socialising down pat!

I just couldn't believe a hostel on a Saturday night was the same price as a hotel in this area. And the old man hanging out in his underwear in the room at virtually all times. Not that that was the hostels fault. Everything else was perfect.

The location is perfect! This is very similar to a hotel experience, it is big so a bit harder to meet people. Staff is not that friendly which is a downfall. The security is a bit too intense, however at least you know your always safe.

Hi there, thank you so much for feedback after your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear that you felt the team did not quite meet your expectations on this occasion and I will be passing your feedback along to everyone here. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Solid hostel, good location not too hard to find close to tube. Nice bar downstairs and lots of people in the common area, bigger hostel but nice and clean. Be careful as the rate fluctuates here a lot and can go up. No complaints.

Generator was definitely an awesome hostel. The price was pretty expensive but you get what you pay for. Breakfast was really good an inexpensive. The facilities were really nice and the atmosphere was great. Staff was helpful and polite. Location was just out of all the main points so about a 15 minute walk. Not bad at all.

Hi there! Thanks so much for sharing your Generator experience with us. We would love to welcome you back to Generator London again really soon. See ya! Nate - Guest Relations Executive

I was only there for one night, but it seemed like it would be worth a longer stay. Staff were nice. Take security very seriously - two security guards at entrance when I arrived at 11pm. Decor is lovely, bathrooms really nice, bed was very comfy. But, I hardly got any sleep because it was very very loud until after 2am, and from 6am. Mostly from doors slamming, but also conversation from other dorms - lots of heavy fire doors everywhere, and the walls seem very thin.

• 8th May 2015

Hello! Thank you so much for writing your review after your stay with us at Generator London. It is super to hear from you and we really appreciate your feedback. I was sorry to hear that you faced a little noise, but hope you manged to get some assistance from our reception team and 24 hour Manager on Duty. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Nate – Guest Relations Executive

(1970 results)