Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Great hostel! Felt like staying in a hotel but easier to meet people :)

The location is pretty good, but you steel need to spend a few minutes to find the hostel. The shower room is a little inconvenient because there are only two hooks outside for each person. Over all is nice in this cheap price to book somewhere to live in London

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Will definitely make a return visit in the future and comes highly recommended. Within walking distance of good transport links and within walking distance of many tourist attractions.

Hey there, Thank you so much for the great feedback! We hope to see you again really soon at Generator London. See you soon Nate - Guest Relations Execuitve

Security guards everywhere made me feel like I was in a prison. I've stayed at various hostels where there was much less security and I felt just as safe. Rooms are apparently only cleaned when someone leaves so if no one in your room leaves then you have to empty your own trash and mop tbe floor. The hostel is very big so I didn't find the atmosphere condusive to meeting people. Overall it was ok, but definitely not great.

This was my first hostel experience and wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was great. I stayed on the wonderland level. The wifi was great the bathrooms were always clean and the dorm was quite spacious. The bar and cafe were very sociable and easy to meet people. Will 100% stay again on my next visit.

The location is really nice, just 750 meters from the train station. The cafe/bar has good good and service and nice staff. We stayed at a three person room which is a little bit small that we couldn't all open our luggages at once. And there was no personal light and plug by the room. The bathroom was clean but there was no hanger or shelf in the shower room which is not very convenient. The wifi was pretty good in all the building. They had an elevator but the reception is on 1st floor.

Great hostel lots of fun and very clean! There is no kitchen to cook yourself any food so in booking you need to allow extra money for buying it! However they do have a cafe with nice food! The showers are either boiling hot or stone cold all the ones I tried the temperature regulation did not work! And I tried 2 different floors. That being said of all the hostels I've stayed in London this has been the best so far!

Didn't know what to expect from a hostel was pleasently surprised. Clean and tidy with plenty of security and a good atmosphere I highly recommend.

Good location and bar was good but I found a few of the staff quite rude and the 6 bed dorm was absolutely tiny. Barely enough room to walk through it to the end bed.

Loved the hostel- great for first time stays as it has everything you need. With so many people around all it takes is a conversation to make new friends.

The hostel was ok. it is new-ish, lots of space and is clean. It has a bar (with food) and all the facilities you would need. What I didn't like was that it was probably too big. Guest age ranges from probably 4 years old to 80. The rooms were a let down too, no power points to top bunks or fresh air. 4 quid breakfast was poor, don't get it I stay at hostels to meet people and for that hostel 'vibe'. I probably would have rather to pay a little bit more to stay in hotel than stay here.

The Hotel is Not easy to find at the First Time. I lost my charger in the room, but they couldn't find it. I went to Hostel again and want search in the room, but they wouldn't let me in. That was Not fine. U had to walk 10 min to the Tube. Thats ok. Any other things are ok.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great accommodation. In a great location with very friendly and helpful staff

• 20th Aug 2014

Stayed here Jan 2013 and didn't mind it. My only problem then was the elevator was always broken and the showers didn't have doors, only curtains. Flash forward 19 months and they have upgraded the building. It looks awesome, but my problem with the shower curtains still remains. Oh, and while I was there I saw people trapped in the elevator. Basically the changes were cosmetic and not useful. Won't be staying here again, regardless of its perfect location.

I found one of the staff there wasn't very helpful. He worked at the kitchen bar. All the rest were super friendly and helpful! The bathroom facilities were always really clean and the wifi was the best I've used in all of Europe.

Hello! Thanks for sharing your Generator experience with us. I'm disapointed to hear that you were let down by one of our team. Please rest assured this is not what we aim for at Generator London. I'm Super pleased to hear you had a great stay otherwise, and I will pass on your comments to the team here. Hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Hello traveler female! This review is for a female traveler /Camden party goer: I stayed at the girl dorm which was great. The price is fair and the atmosphere is young and good. To the staff supervisor: please add a bench at the shower. We have nowhere proper to put our stuff. also- can you get computers to rent? Overall it was great. I didn't like one stuff member who was giving me an uncomfortable feeling: a girl with glasses at the reception. Overall it was nice.

Hey there, Thank you so much for your feedback after your recent stay with us. It's always great to hear our guests comments after their departure. I will be passing your comments along to the team here in London, and I hope we will see you again next time you find yourself in our wonderful city. Have a great summer. Best Wishes Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Excellent location. Only 2 power outlets in the wall for 12 people. Terrible showers. Need to improve. There's no place to leave things (clothes, soap,...) during the shower.

Well situated, safe and clean but expensive as regards the comfort.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very much enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend to travelers. Pros: great location, clean, security guards outside/safe area, helpful and friendly staff, food + drink options available in the common areas Cons: avg age of the groups there seemed younger. might be more fun for university age students I wrote a full review on this hostel here: http://mvmtblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/hostel-review-generator-hostel-london/

It's the best hostel that I have ever been in Europe!! All organized and clean! Staff really helpful and friendly. It's near to everything, especially from the London main station: st. pancras. All nights there are parties at the bar, which is really cool. I strongly recommend this hostel and I'll be back soon.

Hey there, Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing feedback! It's so great to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you will totally be coming back next time your in town! Keep spreading the #genlove and we will see you again real soon! Best wishes Nate - Guest Relations Team