Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Didn't know what to expect from a hostel was pleasently surprised. Clean and tidy with plenty of security and a good atmosphere I highly recommend.

• 25th Aug 2014

Good location and bar was good but I found a few of the staff quite rude and the 6 bed dorm was absolutely tiny. Barely enough room to walk through it to the end bed.

Loved the hostel- great for first time stays as it has everything you need. With so many people around all it takes is a conversation to make new friends.

• 24th Aug 2014

On fréquente l'auberge depuis 5 ans maintenant (tout les ans pour le carnaval de Notting Hill)et là avec les travaux de rénovation rien a dire, bonne cuisine, lit plus confortable, salle média avec mini cinéma super cool et le personnel toujours aussi sympa. La seul "surprise" qu'on ai eu est que le petit déj soit maintenant payant (£5/personne/jour) alors qu'il était gratuit avant.....

• 24th Aug 2014

The hostel was ok. it is new-ish, lots of space and is clean. It has a bar (with food) and all the facilities you would need. What I didn't like was that it was probably too big. Guest age ranges from probably 4 years old to 80. The rooms were a let down too, no power points to top bunks or fresh air. 4 quid breakfast was poor, don't get it I stay at hostels to meet people and for that hostel 'vibe'. I probably would have rather to pay a little bit more to stay in hotel than stay here.

El Hostel está bien ubicado, con buena zona común, cafetería y bar. Lo que no encontré agradable en lo absoluto es la excesiva seguridad, parece una cárcel, además que te cobran por todo llámese lockers , adaptadores de enchufes, si te pasas de las 10:00 en el check out no puedes entrar más a tu habitación, etc. No es un mal Hostel, pero es demasiado inglés quizás para mi.

The Hotel is Not easy to find at the First Time. I lost my charger in the room, but they couldn't find it. I went to Hostel again and want search in the room, but they wouldn't let me in. That was Not fine. U had to walk 10 min to the Tube. Thats ok. Any other things are ok.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great accommodation. In a great location with very friendly and helpful staff

• 20th Aug 2014

Es sollte mehr Wert auf rücksichtsvolles Verhalten in den Zimmern als auf die Betonung "have Fun" gelegt werden. Für ihren Spaß sorgen die Leute schon alleine. Die Eigenheiten englischer Toilettenspülungen sollte man den Leuten nahebringen. Es kam sehr oft vor, daß mehrere Toiletten verstopft waren. In den Duschräumen wären ein paar Ablagemöglichkeiten schön, damit man seinen Krempel nicht auf den Boden legen muss.

• 19th Aug 2014

Stayed here Jan 2013 and didn't mind it. My only problem then was the elevator was always broken and the showers didn't have doors, only curtains. Flash forward 19 months and they have upgraded the building. It looks awesome, but my problem with the shower curtains still remains. Oh, and while I was there I saw people trapped in the elevator. Basically the changes were cosmetic and not useful. Won't be staying here again, regardless of its perfect location.

muy cool el hostal no tengo quejas... sólo el personal no era muy nice, con excepción dela de seguridad de la entrada que eran bien buena onda

I found one of the staff there wasn't very helpful. He worked at the kitchen bar. All the rest were super friendly and helpful! The bathroom facilities were always really clean and the wifi was the best I've used in all of Europe.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hello! Thanks for sharing your Generator experience with us. I'm disapointed to hear that you were let down by one of our team. Please rest assured this is not what we aim for at Generator London. I'm Super pleased to hear you had a great stay otherwise, and I will pass on your comments to the team here. Hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes Nate - Guest Relations Executive

j'ai aussi apprécié la qualité des repas servis le soir. Bon et prix correct.

• 12th Aug 2014

Bonjour! Thank you for your great feedback. I will let the team know, and I hope we will be seeing you again in the future. meilleurs vœux Nate - Guest Relations Execuutive

1존에 있어서 오이스터 카드 쓸 때 괜찮았습니다. 굉장히 대규모 호스텔로 조금 미로 같은 구조였어요. 제 숙소가 특히 구석에있어서 그랬는지도....샤워실과 화장실이 한 층 중간에 남, 녀 하나씩 있는데 처음에는 많이 불편했어요. 샤워실까지 갈아입을 옷과 샴푸 등을 들고 가는게 불편했는데 나중에 익숙해지니 괜찮아지더라고요. 일단 밤이 되면 메인 출입구는 이용을 못하고 다른 길로 가야하는데 문을 지키는 분들이 꼭 호스텔 카드를 확인하더라고요. 그거 하나는 확실한 듯. 다만 문 지키는 분들을 처음 봤을 땐 조금 무서웠어요. 합리적인 시스템의 호스텔이지만 가장 아쉬웠던 점은 게스트 키친이 없다는 점. 맘 편하게 뜨거운 차나 커피 한잔 타 먹을 수 없다는 것이 가장 아쉬웠습니다.

Hello traveler female! This review is for a female traveler /Camden party goer: I stayed at the girl dorm which was great. The price is fair and the atmosphere is young and good. To the staff supervisor: please add a bench at the shower. We have nowhere proper to put our stuff. also- can you get computers to rent? Overall it was great. I didn't like one stuff member who was giving me an uncomfortable feeling: a girl with glasses at the reception. Overall it was nice.

Hey there, Thank you so much for your feedback after your recent stay with us. It's always great to hear our guests comments after their departure. I will be passing your comments along to the team here in London, and I hope we will see you again next time you find yourself in our wonderful city. Have a great summer. Best Wishes Nate - Guest Relations Executive

Excellent accueil, équipe très disponible et aimable, propreté impeccable. Seul bémol, bruit du pub pour les chambres situées juste au dessus (un peu délicat lorsque la chambre est louée à deux adultes et deux enfants)

• 11th Aug 2014

Well situated, safe and clean but expensive as regards the comfort.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

ótima localização. próximo de várias linhas de metro além de poder ir à pé aos principais atrativos da cidade. o café da manhã é pago a parte £4 por pessoa/por dia, com variedade de pães, frios, cerais, frutas, sucos, leite, café e chá. as camas são confortáveis, os banheiros amplos, leve seu cadeado. o hostel possui um bar e lanchonete próprio, super recomendo !

It's the best hostel that I have ever been in Europe!! All organized and clean! Staff really helpful and friendly. It's near to everything, especially from the London main station: st. pancras. All nights there are parties at the bar, which is really cool. I strongly recommend this hostel and I'll be back soon.

Hey there, Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing feedback! It's so great to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you will totally be coming back next time your in town! Keep spreading the #genlove and we will see you again real soon! Best wishes Nate - Guest Relations Team

great location, friendly staff, large and anonymous, rooms ok but not very comfy (nothing to sit on except the floor or crouched on the bed, barely anyplace to hang clothing, slightly smelly), shared bathroom large but not in full working order (toilets that don´t flush, showers with only very hot or cold water, flooded floors and again, no hooks). So: ok for a night or two, but I wouldn´t choose it again

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay with us. I'm disappointed to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations in certain areas, and would love the opportunity to chat in more detail. Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to chat. On a plus note it's fantastic to hear you like our team, as service is something we pride ourselves on here at Generator. Best wishes Nate - Guest Relations Executive

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7