Generator Hostel London Reviews

Compton Place, Off 37 Tavistock Place, WC1, London, England

Thank you for a Nice stay. Maybe you could place at lamp at the beds There was too much queue at breakfast. It took over Half and hour Every Day. :-) Me and my 2 travelbuddies loved the Generator hostel.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

we loved staying at the hostel, spotlessly clean , friendly helpful staff , polite and cheerful we stayed there for the London marathon this time and on the 2010 marathon weekend , we stayed at a premier in for the 2012 marathon weekend and it wasn't a patch on the hostel thank the staff for fab weekend, also the meals we had there were lovely we ate in the hostel every evening delicious thank you

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Wales

the room is too small

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

The breakfast service was quite slow and could have been better organised. My friend wasn't keen on the cold porridge!! The beds were really comfy and the room and facilities fine. Great location and good price for the room. Maybe explain at reception on arrival that the entrance arrangements change at 10pm as we got back when they were changing over and it was quite confusing, we didn't know what was going on.

• 7th Apr 2014

Room/bed and common room were good, location is fairly good once you're there. Staff were horrendous though, I thought it was just the one person, but the second and third staff members I dealt with (one to ask a question and one at checkout) were either rude or clueless. Also the first place I've seen in years that makes you pay for lockers to store luggage after checkout. Showers are not well set-up and toilets disgusting. Would not recommend.

Auberge très sympa, très bien située (à coté de Russel square), très propre et des vigiles surveillent les aller-venue ce qui est sécurisant. De plus bcp de prestations. Les seuls point négatifs se situeraient dans le fait qu'il y a qu'un seul point douche et toilette par étage, faut veiller aux heures de pointes le matin. Et ensuite le bruit mais qui là aussi est inhérent aux personnes, on a eu 2 nuits calmes, la dernières un peu bruyante et c'était de personnes différentes.

• 6th Apr 2014

Hostel was good, but shouldn't be promoted as a youth hostel as there were many adults and children, which is definitely not for everyone.

• 4th Apr 2014

For the short London breaks, it's a really good choice. Location is really good and there are night buses also and it's just 5-min from russell square station. The rooms are very clean - actually better than my expectations.

Stayed in a 4 bed room - Size is just enough to fit 2 bunk beds and a sink to be shared. Great atmosphere and space within the hostel, small room was the only downside.

Ho soggiornato con amici in una quadrupla privata per 5 notti. Ambiente giovanile e di design, pulito e personale cortese. Nelle camere non ci sono ganci o appendini. I bagni abbastanza puliti e sempre riforniti di carta. Con soli 4£ si può avere la colazione (caffè,the, succhi, pane,prosciutto, formaggio, yogurt, cereali e marmellate). La stazione di St.Pacras è a 5min a piedi. Un buon ostello!

• 4th Apr 2014

Would stay again if I come back to London!! One of the best hostels I've stayed in!! Only like a 25 minute walk to Oxford Circus and Piccadilly square!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Staff are very nice and helpful. The hostel is super clean. We really liked the trendy set up of the hostel.

Enjoyed my stay. Staff are all nice and helpful. Found it hard to meet people as there were a few big groups and everyone seemed to stick together. Would stay here again.

• 1st Apr 2014

The staff were always friendly and helpful. It's clean, safe and has yummy food. The bar is a lot of fun. We had a great stay. Thanks guys!

The best thing about this hostel was location, definitely. The location was perfect. However, I had some problems with the cleanliness of my bed (when I checked in I found an empty water bottle and a CHEWING GUM stuck in my bed, so disgusting) and the room in general. I stayed in a girls dorm and the other girls also complained about the service, two of them didn't have their bedding changed when they checked in. I also found the staff really impersonal and sometimes even rude.

Demais, melhor hostel que já fiquei. Super conceito.

The facilities and staff are amazing and everything is new. Felt very secure with the guards on call outside during the evenings. However there were many young school groups staying at the hostel and they spent a good part of the morning and evening running madly up and down the hallways screaming. Not used to having kids in a hostel.. Kind of killed the vibe a bit. Not to mention stopped you from having a good nights sleep!

• 28th Mar 2014

Nice stay in this hostel. I was in a 8 bed dorms which was a bit noisy at night.

Most fun and happy enviroment! This is what makes a good hostle good!

• 23rd Mar 2014

everything is good. clean bed and bathroom. near centre London. cheap price.

• 17th Mar 2014