Gracia City Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de San Père Mártir 18, 08024 Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

First of all, I decided on this property based on the reviews which were totally unreliable. Although the staff tried their best as being friendly and accommodating the place is awful. Ran down, old n not updated, bathroom disgusting, rooms are old, linens old and stinky, mattress are thin and uncomfortable, tiny n noisy rooms. Location is close to metro but in a creepy back street area. I left this hostel next day and stayed at CASA KESSLER_--The best ever! True Spanish experience. Love it

Was not safe. The front door to the hostel stood open all day allowing anyone to come in or out. No one at the front desk after midnight. 1 person was there a couple hours in the night but didn't stay, and could not provide any services or answer questions. We had to pay 2 euros for 1 towel a day and leave a 10 euro deposit for our room key which was not stated when we booked the hostel. People ring the doorbell all night and get drunk downstairs. Very loud. Great location. Not stay again.

Gracia is the coolest area of barcelona and for the price of this hostel you cannot beat it. The beds were decent and the rooms were clean. The bathrooms could have been a big cleaner, but that's what sandals are for. They have a great kitchen and common area in the basement and the staff were awesome - shout out to Anna for being a great "entertainment" host. Wouldn't stay in a different neighborhood of barcelona if I ever returned, and I would definitely come back to this hostel the next time!

Fun hostel full of great people. It's very welcoming and a short metro ride from many nice areas. The beds were comfortable and charging ports were close by. The lockers were sized well and the bathrooms were clean.

Thank you for choosing Gracia City Hostel during your visit in Barcelona, we are glad to know that you had a good time here. Welcome to visit us again :)

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, excellent deal. The hostel is much better than the pictures! The breakfast is wonderful! Mmm !!!

• 16th Sep 2014

Great central location, not far from La Pederera (Casa Mila) and a central metro station. Super clean hostel, incredibly friendly staff here, awesome lounge area and nightly social offerings. Free wifi in your rooms. I also appreciated the individual lockers under the beds. There was enough for every person in my 8 person room. My favorite hostel during my Europe trip so far. I would highly recommend this place for anyone!

Thank you for choosing Gracia city Hostel during your stay in Barcelona! We are happy to know that you had a good time here,and surely we had a wonderful time with you as well! We wish to see you again soon!

It was really easy to find and the staff were very friendly. There are lots of little bars and eateries around the area too - nice to be away from the husstle of the city. Everything was clean and wifi worked fine. I would stay there again for sure.

Had the best time here. Staff are awesome and special shoutout to INDIA for showing us around and preparing an excellent breakfast each morning.

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to meet you too!

Excellent staff & wifi , the room was very clean and tidy.

• 4th Sep 2014

Good hostel, the best in which I stayed! Modern, clean, nice people.

• US Virgin Islands

I spent a few days in the hostel. Excellent price / quality 5 minutes from Paseseig de Gracia, one of the best places in Barcelona. I stayed in the bedroom of 12 people and the people are friendly with nighttime sleep. The staff is friendly and attentive. If you want to meet people and have fun, but also be able to rest at night, this is a good choice. It is central and the people are lovely.

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to know you had a good time with us, and we definitely had a great time with you as well!

Very clean, modern and secure hostel (they have safety boxes in the rooms), in all the hostel there's wifi. I wouldn't hesitate!

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you! Hope to see you soon!

It is a wonderful hostel. The wifi in the hostel is wonderful! The staff makes you feel at home, and I felt great during my vacation. The staff, Louis, Frank, Natalia ... are very friendly and polite. Located near Diagonal,and the subway is just five minutes, the location is unbeatable.

• 4th Sep 2014

Lovely staff, room very clean, modern hostel, good decor, secure and conveniently located. Wifi OK!

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel. We are happy to know you had a good time here, and also we aware of the problem of wifi, so we already improved the facility. Now the wifi is fully function in every corner of our hostel. Thank you and we all wish to see you again!

Wonderful hostel. Only complaint would be that the directions provided by the hostel were a little confusing, but easy once pointed in the right direction. Within walking distance to everything. Great high end shopping nearby but the neighbourhood feels like you are living with the locals. The staff were incredible. Ryan and Christian were super friendly and helpful. Christian mixes a mean mojito. Very clean. All staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Will definitely be back.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very clean and great kitchen. When we arrived we were asked to wait to check in as the staff were checking in other guests which is fair enough, but then started checking in another guest who arrived after us. Rooms were a bit noisy as they face the street and some of the other guests were quite rude, coming in at 2am and taking loudly and turning on the lights while we were trying to sleep.

Thank you for the comment, and we are sorry for any inconvenience during your stay in Gracia City Hostel. We are sorry for the negligence of our staffs while your checking in, we will try to make everything more organized and also we always delicate to make every guest feel like home. We have our hostel rules which we hope to make you have a quiet and nice stay during the night time. We hope you can come back again and we're sure you will have a wonderful experience, thank you

Great hostel for friendliness, atmosphere and location. The rooms are small and the mattresses are thin so I could feel the metal bars of the bunk. Hey but I still slept well and had a gret stay. Thanks guys

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

My time in there was really fun, but i have some remarks: the showers are extremelly annoying - you have to press to get water, and the lights turn on with sensors, so they turn off frequently while in the shower. If you need to use the internet, forget it! It disconnects every 3 minutes, I was told that the server only accepted 20 people at the same time, and the 21th would get disconnect, but everybody complained about it. The staff is really friendly, especially Ryan and Christian.

Thank you for your comment, and we are sorry for any inconvenience during your stay. We are trying to find the most convenience and comfortable way for our guests to use the shower room. We assure you will have a better experience next time. As for the wifi, we aware of this problem, so we increased the connecting point to three, which means every guest will have well function internet in every corner of Gracia City Hostel. We hope you can visit us again, thank you!

Great and helpful staff, fast internet Wi-Fi

• 19th Aug 2014

Gracia city hostel is a awesome place! I highly recommend spending a few nights there. You'll meet plenty of nice people, the staff is really nice, and you'll know one of the coolest and centric neighborhoods in Barcelona. It’s a great place to meet new people. In fact it’s one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, very social, accommodating staff and charm atmosphere. The entire hostel is well air-conditioned and the wifi is very fast!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

First of all thank you for choosing Gràcia City Hostel and thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that our goal was accomplished and you had a great time. We hope to see you again!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3