Gracia City Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de San Père Mártir 18, 08024 Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

Gracia city hostel is a awesome place! I highly recommend spending a few nights there. You'll meet plenty of nice people, the staff is really nice, and you'll know one of the coolest and centric neighborhoods in Barcelona. It’s a great place to meet new people. In fact it’s one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, very social, accommodating staff and charm atmosphere. The entire hostel is well air-conditioned and the wifi is very fast!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Worst wi-fi connection ever!! Slow check in... slow check out. Mixed feelings about the staff (good and not so good) Location excellent (near great Barcelona spots, supermarkets, restaurants....) Good atmosphere.

This hostel has a really good potential, but the staff moved me and my friends twice during a four night stay. They didn't ask about it and moved our stuff without our knowledge. They also tried to charge us more money.

Staff members were hit or miss really. Two of the staff that I met were extremely rude and the other two I met were outstanding and very nice. The location on avenida diagonal above las Ramblas was nice. The main problem I had with the hostel was the absolutely TERRIBLE wifi. In a 5 minute period I counted having to log back in 11 times once. This didn't change no matter what room I was in or what time of day. Other than that, the hostel was fairly average.

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for us, so we can improve our services and facilities. We are very sorry that you had bad experience. I would like to ensure you that we do not accept have impolite behaviour coming from our staff. We are going to investigate what happened and take appropriate measures to avoid similar issues in future. We hope we will see you again and thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel.

If you're looking for a very quiet hostel, this would be one I would recommend. But if you're travelling solo or are looking to meet other travellers, I found Gracia City was a bit more closed off than other hostels. The bathrooms need a bit of an upgrade, esp the showers. The hostel does do nightly events, which I took part of one, and it was good but I think it was more because of the other people staying, than the atmosphere or staff. The staff were more professional, than social.

Lovely place nice helpful staff great showers not far from the rambles walk to the harbor and beach.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in Barcelona. Very friendly staff, a great location close to all the facilities and a fantastic, cosy atmosphere. I feel at home very quickly. For me, it's a nice place to socialise with people and also sleep at night without being disturbed by the screams of the drunk hostel fellows. I keep coming back to this hostel because I feel so comfortable here. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel so well at your place!

This hostel is wonderful and quiet. It has clean rooms and very good food.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Clean rooms and helpful staff, is a hostel which is near the city center!!

• 14th Jul 2014

The room was nice and quiet, the truth that we've had a great time in Barcelona. Also, the staff was super friendly :-)

• 9th Jul 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! Really nice atmosphere, amazing location but mainly unbelievable staff. For sure I wll remember Petra that works there. Her true kindness combined with here amazing appearance make her a really special person.

Very friendly staff and well equipped hostel. Modern facilities.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

It is a city center hotel and equipped with everything, staff very friendly!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Really nice place, rooms were small but everything else was okay so not bad at all. Decent wifi. Did not work downstairs sometimes

Really friendly staff and fast wifi.

Modern hostel, the staff are very friendly and cordial. I stayed with my friends and we spent an unforgettable holiday.Thank you!

• 13th Jun 2014

Very friendly staff, clean hostel. The location is great!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Hello! Thank you so much for your positive review! We were very pleased that you stayed at our hostel during your visit in Barcelona! Looking forward to see you again! Gracia City Hostel Staff.

We traveled to Barcelona for the Primavera Sound Festival go and this hostel is one of the best in the world! Clean rooms, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast and a great staff.

• 31st May 2014

Very nice 4 person rooms. Big lockers and I felt comfy and secluded in my bunk bed.

The staff was neither outgoing nor very helpful. Certainly did not make us feel welcome at their hostel. Management would sit around and watch us, certainly made us feel very uncomfortable. It was clean and felt secure, if those are your priorities in a hostel then I would recommend this place. However, if you're looking for a friendlier, more laid back atmosphere I would look elsewhere.