Gracia City Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de San Père Mártir 18, 08024 Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was very dirty. The dorms were small and passably clean, but the bathroom facilities were very poor. Only 3 showers available for use by women, one upstairs the lock was broken so not really usable also they were all VERY dirty. Slimy, green gunk everywhere as well as excess mildew. Also the kitchen was surface clean but the cloth, sponge and scrubbing brush to clean the dishes all had mould or black mildew on them so I would not use them. It was not terrible but I wouldn't return.

Loved our stay at Gracia City. Kitchen facilities excellent, very chilled atmosphere with a great location which allowed us to fall in love with Barcelona. We plan to stay in Barcelona again and will definitely book here again. Rooms are cleaned daily. Only downside is the showers could be cleaner as communal. But besides that it was excellent.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

the hostel is ok and the staff is helpfull, but the room are too smal and the beds a litte noisy and the hostel became quite very early, need more aggregation for guests!

I had a great time at Gracia city hostel! Very friendly staff, clean and in a nice neighborhood. 5 minute walk from delicious tapas restaurants, supermarkets and parks. I would recommend it to everybody.

• 13th Jul 2015

My sister and I had a very bad experience here. We arrived at 12:30 AM to a sign that said check-in closed at midnight - which was not mentioned on Hostelworld. Fortunately, a staff member came out and at least got us into a room, but we weren't able to formally check in or pay or to get locks for the in-room lockers. The room was much smaller than any I've seen for a 12-bed dorm, and our beds were clearly not clean. The place does seem nice online, so perhaps our stay was an exceptional case.

• 11th Jul 2015

Hostel was not what expected. Double superior room included a tiny trundler type bed that moved during the night. Linen supplies was two single sheets only for a double bed so difficult to cover yourself during the night. Worst experience was handing in washing and being told would be ready at 9am the next day and the next morning the girl had not done it at all and everything was still dirty, so we had to wear dirty clothing again the next day. The girl didn't have any good excuse either.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Stuff are very welcoming and helpful. There are home dinner and also party night every night, you won't get bored of staying in Barcelona coz there are plenty of things to do which the hostel could offer. Hostel located in a quiet lane but only 5 mins walk to Metro station. Only thing was there was someone broken my lockers in my room on my first day of staying, and something else missing on the next couple of days. This was my first time things got stolen within my 10 months travelling.

Lovely hostel, friendly staff, and friendly guests! Had a lovely stay here. The family dinners are an amazing deal and a great way to meet other guests. The common room is in the basement, so no problem with noise. Only complaints would be the showers had a bit of a problem with hot water if both were in use at the same time, also the air conditioning in room 1 was pretty weak. Stayed in the 12 bed room and it was much quieter than other 12 bed rooms I've stayed in in other hostels.

• 30th Jun 2015

Dog's flat

Amazing hostel with incredible people, situated in a very relaxed and trendy area. After a few days I felt like family, and I didn't want to leave. Quite chilled but there's something to do every night, and family dinner for 3 euro is amazing value. Frankly, if you stay anywhere else in Barcelona you're missing out.

I loved this hostel so much, the staff were so loveable and friendly and always made us feel at home. Thanks so much for a great week!!!

I love the place and the people there!

the hostel is perfect for meeting awesome people from all over the world. Will definitely return if I visit bcn again

Hi Yuk Ki Chan, thank you very much for taking your time and give us a review, indeed our hostel is such a meeting and intercultural point, everyday different activities in different languages. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Bcn with us, we hope to see you soon.

Staff is very welcoming and treats you as family, making sure you are ok and even organise all sort of events as paella nights , free walking tours, night outs etc . So nice from them.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Poland

This hostel was beyond anything I have experienced before at a hostel. They were warm and welcoming, they were excited to see us and to help us in anyway they could, and they were so friendly! I am so glad that I chose to stay here, and I will recommend it to friends visiting Barcelona soon. Loved the paella and sangria night and loved going to see free live music with the staff!

• 10th Mar 2015

Hi Freemiere, thank you for taking your time and giving us your opinion, we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, we always try to do our best for the travellers and it is good to know that we are doing so well. You are always welcome back.