Gracia City Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de San Père Mártir 18, 08024 Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

Wonderful hostel. Only complaint would be that the directions provided by the hostel were a little confusing, but easy once pointed in the right direction. Within walking distance to everything. Great high end shopping nearby but the neighbourhood feels like you are living with the locals. The staff were incredible. Ryan and Christian were super friendly and helpful. Christian mixes a mean mojito. Very clean. All staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Will definitely be back.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very clean and great kitchen. When we arrived we were asked to wait to check in as the staff were checking in other guests which is fair enough, but then started checking in another guest who arrived after us. Rooms were a bit noisy as they face the street and some of the other guests were quite rude, coming in at 2am and taking loudly and turning on the lights while we were trying to sleep.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great hostel for friendliness, atmosphere and location. The rooms are small and the mattresses are thin so I could feel the metal bars of the bunk. Hey but I still slept well and had a gret stay. Thanks guys

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Gracia city hostel is a awesome place! I highly recommend spending a few nights there. You'll meet plenty of nice people, the staff is really nice, and you'll know one of the coolest and centric neighborhoods in Barcelona. It’s a great place to meet new people. In fact it’s one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, very social, accommodating staff and charm atmosphere. The entire hostel is well air-conditioned and the wifi is very fast!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

First of all thank you for choosing Gràcia City Hostel and thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that our goal was accomplished and you had a great time. We hope to see you again!!!

Worst wi-fi connection ever!! Slow check in... slow check out. Mixed feelings about the staff (good and not so good) Location excellent (near great Barcelona spots, supermarkets, restaurants....) Good atmosphere.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you liked our hostel despite the problems with WIFI. We do acknowledge that we had temporary problems with our WIFI, but all the problems with WIFI has been resolved now. We hope to see you again and thank you for staying with us! Regards Gracia City Hostel

This hostel has a really good potential, but the staff moved me and my friends twice during a four night stay. They didn't ask about it and moved our stuff without our knowledge. They also tried to charge us more money.

Thank you very much for your review. Please note the problem was caused by our reservation system that did not allow us to see the last night of your reservation and we genuinely thought that you are checking out that day. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this confusion. Also we did not have any intention to charge you anything extra, but the opposite. We let you to stay last night free of charge. Despite all we hope to see you again and thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel.

Staff members were hit or miss really. Two of the staff that I met were extremely rude and the other two I met were outstanding and very nice. The location on avenida diagonal above las Ramblas was nice. The main problem I had with the hostel was the absolutely TERRIBLE wifi. In a 5 minute period I counted having to log back in 11 times once. This didn't change no matter what room I was in or what time of day. Other than that, the hostel was fairly average.

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for us, so we can improve our services and facilities. We are very sorry that you had bad experience. I would like to ensure you that we do not accept have impolite behaviour coming from our staff. We are going to investigate what happened and take appropriate measures to avoid similar issues in future. We hope we will see you again and thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel.

If you're looking for a very quiet hostel, this would be one I would recommend. But if you're travelling solo or are looking to meet other travellers, I found Gracia City was a bit more closed off than other hostels. The bathrooms need a bit of an upgrade, esp the showers. The hostel does do nightly events, which I took part of one, and it was good but I think it was more because of the other people staying, than the atmosphere or staff. The staff were more professional, than social.

Lovely place nice helpful staff great showers not far from the rambles walk to the harbor and beach.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in Barcelona. Very friendly staff, a great location close to all the facilities and a fantastic, cosy atmosphere. I feel at home very quickly. For me, it's a nice place to socialise with people and also sleep at night without being disturbed by the screams of the drunk hostel fellows. I keep coming back to this hostel because I feel so comfortable here. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel so well at your place!

This hostel is wonderful and quiet. It has clean rooms and very good food.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Clean rooms and helpful staff, is a hostel which is near the city center!!

• 14th Jul 2014

The room was nice and quiet, the truth that we've had a great time in Barcelona. Also, the staff was super friendly :-)

• 9th Jul 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! Really nice atmosphere, amazing location but mainly unbelievable staff. For sure I wll remember Petra that works there. Her true kindness combined with here amazing appearance make her a really special person.

Very friendly staff and well equipped hostel. Modern facilities.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

It is a city center hotel and equipped with everything, staff very friendly!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Really nice place, rooms were small but everything else was okay so not bad at all. Decent wifi. Did not work downstairs sometimes

Really friendly staff and fast wifi.

Modern hostel, the staff are very friendly and cordial. I stayed with my friends and we spent an unforgettable holiday.Thank you!

• 13th Jun 2014

Very friendly staff, clean hostel. The location is great!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Hello! Thank you so much for your positive review! We were very pleased that you stayed at our hostel during your visit in Barcelona! Looking forward to see you again! Gracia City Hostel Staff.