Gracia City Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de San Père Mártir 18, 08024 Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

Great central location, not far from La Pederera (Casa Mila) and a central metro station. Super clean hostel, incredibly friendly staff here, awesome lounge area and nightly social offerings. Free wifi in your rooms. I also appreciated the individual lockers under the beds. There was enough for every person in my 8 person room. My favorite hostel during my Europe trip so far. I would highly recommend this place for anyone!

Had the best time here. Staff are awesome and special shoutout to INDIA for showing us around and preparing an excellent breakfast each morning.

Good hostel, the best in which I stayed! Modern, clean, nice people.

• US Virgin Islands

I spent a few days in the hostel. Excellent price / quality 5 minutes from Paseseig de Gracia, one of the best places in Barcelona. I stayed in the bedroom of 12 people and the people are friendly with nighttime sleep. The staff is friendly and attentive. If you want to meet people and have fun, but also be able to rest at night, this is a good choice. It is central and the people are lovely.

• 4th Sep 2014

Very clean, modern and secure hostel (they have safety boxes in the rooms), in all the hostel there's wifi. I wouldn't hesitate!

• 4th Sep 2014

It is a wonderful hostel. The wifi in the hostel is wonderful! The staff makes you feel at home, and I felt great during my vacation. The staff, Louis, Frank, Natalia ... are very friendly and polite. Located near Diagonal,and the subway is just five minutes, the location is unbeatable.

• 4th Sep 2014

Lovely staff, room very clean, modern hostel, good decor, secure and conveniently located. Wifi OK!

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel. We are happy to know you had a good time here, and also we aware of the problem of wifi, so we already improved the facility. Now the wifi is fully function in every corner of our hostel. Thank you and we all wish to see you again!

Wonderful hostel. Only complaint would be that the directions provided by the hostel were a little confusing, but easy once pointed in the right direction. Within walking distance to everything. Great high end shopping nearby but the neighbourhood feels like you are living with the locals. The staff were incredible. Ryan and Christian were super friendly and helpful. Christian mixes a mean mojito. Very clean. All staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Will definitely be back.

• 27th Aug 2014

Very clean and great kitchen. When we arrived we were asked to wait to check in as the staff were checking in other guests which is fair enough, but then started checking in another guest who arrived after us. Rooms were a bit noisy as they face the street and some of the other guests were quite rude, coming in at 2am and taking loudly and turning on the lights while we were trying to sleep.

Thank you for the comment, and we are sorry for any inconvenience during your stay in Gracia City Hostel. We are sorry for the negligence of our staffs while your checking in, we will try to make everything more organized and also we always delicate to make every guest feel like home. We have our hostel rules which we hope to make you have a quiet and nice stay during the night time. We hope you can come back again and we're sure you will have a wonderful experience, thank you

Great hostel for friendliness, atmosphere and location. The rooms are small and the mattresses are thin so I could feel the metal bars of the bunk. Hey but I still slept well and had a gret stay. Thanks guys

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

My time in there was really fun, but i have some remarks: the showers are extremelly annoying - you have to press to get water, and the lights turn on with sensors, so they turn off frequently while in the shower. If you need to use the internet, forget it! It disconnects every 3 minutes, I was told that the server only accepted 20 people at the same time, and the 21th would get disconnect, but everybody complained about it. The staff is really friendly, especially Ryan and Christian.

Thank you for your comment, and we are sorry for any inconvenience during your stay. We are trying to find the most convenience and comfortable way for our guests to use the shower room. We assure you will have a better experience next time. As for the wifi, we aware of this problem, so we increased the connecting point to three, which means every guest will have well function internet in every corner of Gracia City Hostel. We hope you can visit us again, thank you!

Great and helpful staff, fast internet Wi-Fi

• 19th Aug 2014

Gracia city hostel is a awesome place! I highly recommend spending a few nights there. You'll meet plenty of nice people, the staff is really nice, and you'll know one of the coolest and centric neighborhoods in Barcelona. It’s a great place to meet new people. In fact it’s one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super clean, very social, accommodating staff and charm atmosphere. The entire hostel is well air-conditioned and the wifi is very fast!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

First of all thank you for choosing Gràcia City Hostel and thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that our goal was accomplished and you had a great time. We hope to see you again!!!

Worst wi-fi connection ever!! Slow check in... slow check out. Mixed feelings about the staff (good and not so good) Location excellent (near great Barcelona spots, supermarkets, restaurants....) Good atmosphere.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you liked our hostel despite the problems with WIFI. We do acknowledge that we had temporary problems with our WIFI, but all the problems with WIFI has been resolved now. We hope to see you again and thank you for staying with us! Regards Gracia City Hostel

This hostel has a really good potential, but the staff moved me and my friends twice during a four night stay. They didn't ask about it and moved our stuff without our knowledge. They also tried to charge us more money.

Thank you very much for your review. Please note the problem was caused by our reservation system that did not allow us to see the last night of your reservation and we genuinely thought that you are checking out that day. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this confusion. Also we did not have any intention to charge you anything extra, but the opposite. We let you to stay last night free of charge. Despite all we hope to see you again and thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel.

Staff members were hit or miss really. Two of the staff that I met were extremely rude and the other two I met were outstanding and very nice. The location on avenida diagonal above las Ramblas was nice. The main problem I had with the hostel was the absolutely TERRIBLE wifi. In a 5 minute period I counted having to log back in 11 times once. This didn't change no matter what room I was in or what time of day. Other than that, the hostel was fairly average.

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for us, so we can improve our services and facilities. We are very sorry that you had bad experience. I would like to ensure you that we do not accept have impolite behaviour coming from our staff. We are going to investigate what happened and take appropriate measures to avoid similar issues in future. We hope we will see you again and thank you for staying in Gracia City Hostel.

If you're looking for a very quiet hostel, this would be one I would recommend. But if you're travelling solo or are looking to meet other travellers, I found Gracia City was a bit more closed off than other hostels. The bathrooms need a bit of an upgrade, esp the showers. The hostel does do nightly events, which I took part of one, and it was good but I think it was more because of the other people staying, than the atmosphere or staff. The staff were more professional, than social.

Lovely place nice helpful staff great showers not far from the rambles walk to the harbor and beach.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in Barcelona. Very friendly staff, a great location close to all the facilities and a fantastic, cosy atmosphere. I feel at home very quickly. For me, it's a nice place to socialise with people and also sleep at night without being disturbed by the screams of the drunk hostel fellows. I keep coming back to this hostel because I feel so comfortable here. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel so well at your place!

This hostel is wonderful and quiet. It has clean rooms and very good food.

• 16th Jul 2014