Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Reviews

1-29-2 Kabukichyo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

was a nice place to stay at. In a very good area. Was a plesant experience sleeping in a capsule room for the frist time

This place was so good! Stay here for one night. When you check in you get your pyjamas which you wear around the place. The Onsen was on one floor with 3 saunas and a cold pool (all included in the room rate). Note that on that floor you walk around naked although there are a bunch of women there giving massages - I had one and I recommend. The top floor is for napping!! And the restaurant floor also has Chinese massage. You buy on credit and pay on check out.

If you have to stay a night in a capsule hotel, which you really should in Japan, this is a pretty good place to try it out

This was a last resort as most normal hotels were booked during the cherry blossom season. Sleeping on the pancake-this mattress is rough. It's kind of a pain in the butt staying here as you have to lock up your shoes in a locker and fork over the locker key to get your wristband. If you want to leave and go out, you have to reverse the process; both steps require waiting in line. You cannot charge your phone in your capsule; you have to pay to charge it in the lobby area. It's an experience...

I will more appreciate if you have a plug in for charging battery in the personal capsule bed.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

I spent two nights here and I would definitely return! Great place to relax/crash if your in Tokyo to explore!

• 4th Apr 2014

If you want ot experience a real Japanese bath this is the place, they have clean and big facilities for that. The bath is public so you have to be aware of that. They want me to pay extra to get wifi or plugs to my phone, but you can find a place to charge it in the lobby. They have staff that knows English and I suggest you speak with her.

If you're on holiday and wanting to try something new, this place isn't bad. But if you're trying to rest up before an interview, like I was, capsule hotels are probably not for you.

As I left my booking late in Tokyo during Sakura season I was left with little option but to book 3 nights here. Its a great experience staying in a capsule hotel and definitely something you need to experience in Japan but one night is all you need to book here. You have to check in and out every day which is a major hassle. But for one night it would be good. In house hot bath, restaurant and all facilities you would want.

I booked here but didn't end up staying as the regular capsules do not have electricity or wifi. Also, I have some sneaky tattoos which I was able to hide, but started feeling nervous as I was asked 3 times during check in if I had any.. Staff were nice and didn't charge me and recommended another capsule hotel close by which I preferred.

A very interesting experience, there are numerous facilities onsite and a prevalent 70s vibe. Very unique, distinctly Japanese.

if you are curious to try a real capsule hotel, it's a good choice

Fantastic! What a great (and clean!) experience for a very cheap price. Just 40 dollar a night including "the spa". Great deal!

Real pain in the ass. There is no wifi at all , only in some capsules, which were already booked(wonder why?)and, if want to book, need to pay 800 yen more. What sort of resort doesn't have wi-fi in their premise? Also, if you want to take a stroll out of the place, when you enter you need to go through a sort of re check in process which can be a real hassle. There was a winter storm and I had a date so communication was key, but I had no access. At the end met my date but had to through a lot

This place is in a great location and is really easy to find from Shinjuku. It was quite clean and the onsen facilities which include sauna and steam room were great to have. The staff were very friendly and whilst most of them didn't speak English, there were a couple who could answer any unusual/difficult questions.

As a foreigner, it was a good experience staying at a capsule hotel.

here is no good!

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Very surreal, and very Japanese. Helpful and friendly staff who spoke pretty good English. Only negative is that you have to check out by 10 am every day, and then re-check in after 3 pm. Luggage can be left with the staff at the main desk however. Excellent budget option right next to Shinjuku station and nightlife district. No curfew.

• 24th Jan 2014