Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Reviews

1-29-2 Kabukichyo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A great experience if youre looking to stay in a capsule hotel for a night or two. The culture is kind of weird. Since its filled with Japanese business men people typically dont speak to each other. All the same, it was a relaxing stay. It was nice taking a bath, then getting into the pjs they supply you with and heading to sleep.

Not an ideal location for foreigners. Staff was nice but didn't speak much English. Rooms with wifi cost about $50 more a night than regular rooms, and there are no outlets anywhere that can be used.

• 9th May 2014

Great experience staying here for the whole capsule experience. I'm 6'3 tall and was fine sleeping in. I cleaned up in the onsen and even got a nice foot massage for 20 more. Nice lounges and full service for drink and food. Entertaining areas were great. You get a wrist band to charge anything you add or get. Then pay on check out if you use it. I had a few beers and the foot massage so a little more but enjoyed it much. For the night time close to the Robot Restaurant I recommend that..

Yet another dehumanizing experience in Japan- like a parking garage for people, located in a seedy, hard-to-find part of Shinjuku. The staff did OK under the circumstances I suppose, but were rather curt at times. No power sockets in the capsules, because this was considered a "deluxe option"? Please. Honestly, I don't know what else I expected for under 4000 yen in Shinjuku. My bad.

Different type of experience for a westerner. Good location, but the tradeoff is that it's basically a factory. You're not just competing with other capsule-sleepers, but also everyone going to use the spa facilities. Check in line is huge. Check in time and check out time are strictly enforced. Impersonal, but a place to rest your head.

Horrible experience on the first night as the staff didnt let me enter the room saying that checkin time is 3pm even though my booking said 3pm - 12 midnight. It was 11pm at that time and I was under the impression that I had already checked in at around 9am when I left my luggage with them and would be guaranteed a capsule when I returned at night after a day of sightseeing. Instead I had to look for another hotel in the area in the middle of the night. Not at all recommended!

Great for a genuine capsule hotel experience. Clean, all services in the building (showers, washrooms, sauna, spa, massage rooms, lockers, restaurants). Most toilets are japanese style meaning you need to crouch and hover over the hole, there was usually only one western style toilet per washroom.

This is NOT a hostel for foreigners. It is a place for businessmen to go to when they have an unplanned overnight stay in Tokyo. I do not recommend going to a capsule hotel to travelers who are looking for a cultural experience. It is a place for Japanese people mostly and it should stay this way.

it should be stated more clearly that it cost extra to get a power plug in your capsule....

Value for money, open shower only incase that suits you, theres no private shower area.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • India

Nice experience forone night !

I booked for a saturday, and there were people who stayed out very late and were still talking loudly at 3AM. Can be noisy.

was a nice place to stay at. In a very good area. Was a plesant experience sleeping in a capsule room for the frist time

This place was so good! Stay here for one night. When you check in you get your pyjamas which you wear around the place. The Onsen was on one floor with 3 saunas and a cold pool (all included in the room rate). Note that on that floor you walk around naked although there are a bunch of women there giving massages - I had one and I recommend. The top floor is for napping!! And the restaurant floor also has Chinese massage. You buy on credit and pay on check out.

If you have to stay a night in a capsule hotel, which you really should in Japan, this is a pretty good place to try it out

This was a last resort as most normal hotels were booked during the cherry blossom season. Sleeping on the pancake-this mattress is rough. It's kind of a pain in the butt staying here as you have to lock up your shoes in a locker and fork over the locker key to get your wristband. If you want to leave and go out, you have to reverse the process; both steps require waiting in line. You cannot charge your phone in your capsule; you have to pay to charge it in the lobby area. It's an experience...

I will more appreciate if you have a plug in for charging battery in the personal capsule bed.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

I'm a Japanese but I could tell other Japanese staying there are suspicious or even somewhat hostile to foreigners staying there. Not a very welcoming environment for foreign backpackers even though the staff seem quite friendly. Some staff that are unnecessarily made inconvenient in typical Japanese manners are funny but inconvenient nonetheless (ex. absolutely NO charging outlets in the entire hotel except at ONE laptop station where they ask you to leave if you were not using a laptop).

I spent two nights here and I would definitely return! Great place to relax/crash if your in Tokyo to explore!

• 4th Apr 2014

If you want ot experience a real Japanese bath this is the place, they have clean and big facilities for that. The bath is public so you have to be aware of that. They want me to pay extra to get wifi or plugs to my phone, but you can find a place to charge it in the lobby. They have staff that knows English and I suggest you speak with her.