HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Amazing location! Great staff. Great vibe. The only down fall is the grungy-ness of the common areas. The couches and carpeting in the lounge area are disgusting!!!! I didn't want to sit on them. This had the benefit of forcing me to spend every moment outside it this beautiful city because there was no way I was spending any time in the lounge areas. The carpets were so nasty it made the whole hostel smells. PLEASE buy new couches for the lounge and steam clean the carpets!!! Thanks :)

I thought it was great. It was my first time staying in a hostel and being in Vancouver BC. I loved the central location, the free breakfast, the staff on duty 24/7, and there was lots of security measures in place. You had to use your card as a key to get to the second floor where the rooms started and show it in the evening to be buzzed in. They also provided locks at the desk for the lockers in the bedrooms. It was very nice and I'd like to visit again sometime. The don't have parking though.

• 14th May 2014

Very central hostel! Not enough tables in the kitchen for the breakfast. We had a privateroom with a bathroom, whitch was not clean, and there was no housekeeping in 3 days!

Everything about this hostel was PERFECT! Kept very clean Staff very helpful WIFI worked everywhere all the time Breakfast was AWESOME Location perfect Had a wonderful stay didn't want to leave :)

Very clean hostel in an excellent location, room is large with space to move around. Mattress is very comfortable and bed does not make much noise unlike other hostels. I reserved a 2 person male room online but front desk ended up assigning me to a 4 person room when I arrived.

The hostel is directly in downtown. It’s easy to see the major points of interest by foot. You csn see that the furniture is quite old and used a lot. It might be the time for some replacements! The beds are comfy. Breakfast is good and served until 10 am. What I didn't like was that the prices visible on hostelworld are only valid with an HI-card. If you don't have one, it's more expensive. But nobody told me that before!

If you want to be in the heart of the action in Vancouver, HI-Vancouver Central is a quality choice, with a location right in the middle of the Granville Street Entertainment District. Like HI-Vancouver Downtown, they have a breakfast with abundant options, but it lasts an hour longer here. Downsides are the fact that you are in the midst of the bar district (bring earplugs), and the upholstery on the couches in the TV room need cleaning/an overhaul. Overall, HI Central is a solid choice!

Loved the staff, who were all very helpful and answered all my questions about the city. Breakfast's good, but it need to be available for 1 or 2 more hours and the kitchen needs more seats. My only complaint is about a window that was facing other fairly close window from the hostel (it was a lounge area I guess), so, whenever I got out of the shower, I've had to remember to close the drapes, otherwise I'd be giving a peep show to other guests. Overall, my staying was great and I'd come back

• 30th Apr 2014

Stayed for a night for a concert a couple of blocks away. Had been previously for a longer stay. Love the staff

• 7th Apr 2014

Hostel stay was fantastic and was a great location, central to everything. We loved the fact that there was heating and it was maintained at a great level. Had a good range for breakfast and general facilities were great, would be great to see some improved cooking facilities in the kitchen as only a microwave and toaster (but we were aware of this when we booked anyway).

Location was excellent! Right near robson street for shopping, yaletown and on granville street where there are heaps of bars and shops. We had a private room and it was awesome - warm and clean. Would definitely recommend this place.

Hot showers, clean beds, helpful staff and good location. What more do you need!

This hostel is in a great location for exploring Vancouver. Wonderful friendly staff and excellent service allowing me to store my bag for free for a couple of days while I visited the Island in between stays at the hostel. Great common room area, well stocked kitchen and many fun planned activities. Would recommend as the place to stay when in Vancouver :-)

Fantastic location and facilities. My only negative comment would be a slightly lacking atmosphere. I have stayed at the samesun across the road and that is too far in the opposite direction of non-stop partying. My preference is for somewhere in between the two.

No cooking facilities, it is not convenient.

Fantastic hostel. I think just the general layout made it slightly less conducive to and openness that would aid single traveler mingling.

Well located hostel in downtown Vancouver. Not what I expected after staying at other great HI hostels. Very little community feeling, makes it difficult to meet people when you are travelling alone. Breakfast provided was great although there are few kitchen facilities and it feels very dirty. Would be great if they could provide more items for washing dishes. Overall, a convenient hostel for a short stay.

• 2nd Feb 2014