Hanoi Old Town Hotel Reviews

95 Hang Chieu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Staff were wonderful, very helpful and always smiling. We booked a trip to Ha Long Bay through the hotel and it was fantastic. Wifi was probably the fastest hotel wifi I have had throughout vietnam.

• 12th Apr 2014

Perfect hostel ! . the hostel is central location , friendly staff. i organise free beer and spring roll on friday . I highly recommen this hostel to every traveller

• 7th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Need to provide better housekeeping and room turnover service

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Overall the Hotel was excellent. The cooking class was simple but we really enjoyed it. The staff made us really feel like family. No laundry on site but the staff will arrange laundry pick up and drop off within the day. Any questions that we had were answered quickly. No kitchen on site but street food is availible for a reasonable price near by. Would highly recomend this hotel to others.

The staff were fantastic. They were very accommodating and the service was great! I will go back!

• 1st Apr 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful for everything with me

Everything was perfect. Many thanks to the always smiling and really friendly staff from the hotel. See you in 2 weeks when I'm back in Hanoi.

• 25th Mar 2014

Great place to stay! The staff was superb! I most def recommend this place!!

Nice Hotel in a good Location! - friendly english speaking personal - very clean rooms - quick Wifi - good price - excellent food I had a really enjoyable stay in this Hotel. Next time when I will go to Hanoi I will joice the same.

• 21st Mar 2014

Great service, friendly staff, clean rooms and a great location. Would absolutely recommend to a friend.

• 15th Feb 2014

Great stay! The staff was kind and helpful and knew me by name. They did a great job of booking a tour to Halong Bay and train to Sapa. My room was spacious and clean and after 6 weeks of traveling it felt like a luxurious way to end a backpacking trip. My few complaints are that the hot water did not last long and it's quite noisy here, but you should expect this if you want to stay anywhere in the Old Quarter. This is really a hotel, not a hostel, so don't expect to meet other travelers here.

Very welcoming place, the personal is very friendly and offered us a lot of help to plan our trip. In addition, they helped us to bargain the taxi. The hotel is 5minutes away from the bus station. I greatly recommend this hotel.

Excellent hotel located right in Hanoi Old Town. Due to its location, at night the noise from traffic can sometimes be heard. However, it was never disturbing. Very friendly owners who knew us by name. Only negative point: they were quite pushy trying to sell a tour. As soon as we showed interest for Halong Bay, they kept asking us all the time - even during breakfast, which was annoying. Very hard to get rid of them. Apart from that (unfortunately common Vietnam-habit) the hotel is very nice.

The hotel was close to all local amenities and the staff were excellent with arranging our tour to Halong Bay. However, the hotel is on a very busy and noisy road which meant we got very little sleep. If you are considering staying here I would suggest you ask for a room at the back.

Such helpful staff - booked so many tours for us and ensured that all our needs were catered for. Clean rooms, lovely breakfast and in a great location. Great price too! Highly recommend it to anyone - not even as students.

• 18th Jan 2014

This is 1sr time , i booked hostel through Hostelworld.com . I chosen this hostel because it has good rate . I check in early after Sapa Trip , Although i haven't reserve early check in but the staff still let me check in early without charge . The most interesting of this hostel is fantastic staff . They always try to bring you the sweet service as family member . Mr Vinh le ( hotel mananger ) was so helpful, he helped us to book halong bay trip and help us to get permit paper. large and clean

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Vietnam

Hi Michael Thank you so much for your stay with us and spend your time to post a review We are very delighted for your comment . I and my stuff will try the best to improve our service Better and better and i hope that we can see you again one day . Thanks my friends Regards Vinh Le

Vinh the hotel manager was very helpful We came back from a trip to SAPA without reservations and he accommodate us for and extra day. The staff in general were extremely friendly If you planning a trip to Hanoi on a budget this is the place to stay Marcello Lynbrook, NY

The Hanoi Old Town Hotel is the perfect place if you would like to stay in the heart of Old Hanoi. Street kitchens, Bia Hoi, strolling through original shopping streets - everything can be done by walking. The staff was very helpfull and organized our train tickets while we spend some days in Ha-Long-Bay. Everything was ready and placed at the reception when we came back - but you need to know that the tickets are more expensive then: 66 vs. 39 USD Lao Cai-Hanoi and 52 vs. 40 USD for Hanoi-Hue!!

Vin and Chan very helpful at reception. Staff great all round. Advice, book your trip to Halong Bay from here, it might be a few dollars more expensive but the boat and cabins that you are on will be good quality. Clean with air-con breakfast included

BETTER THAN EXPECTED I booked this hostel for 1 night stay after back from Sapa trip . I have requested for pick up at the train station. Although I came early , I still see hotel staff pick me up . They offer for us free room for rest after tiring trip in Sapa .Their Breakfast is great too. I have booked a halong bay tour with Vinh ( Manager) . He was very helpful and take care us very well. I would come back to this hotel for next time in hanoi