Hanoi Old Town Hotel Reviews

95 Hang Chieu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

great place, most helpful and caring stuff i have ever had traveling. we were able to book a tour after midnight for the next day and easily cancel one night so we could catch a nightbus, they also booked for us very short term. perfect location, nice and clean rooms, good wifi and day and night help for everything. highly recommend this place!

More of a hotel than a hostel-- good location, although a bit noisy, great staff, nice breakfast.

Great hotel for the price. Canh, the staff, helped us a lot to organize our trips to halong and nihn bihn.

The staff went above and beyond helping me! As I had made last minute plans, they assisted me in getting a side trip out to Ha Long Bay, going as far as shuttling me downtown to a travel agent to assist. Because it was last minute, they also arranged to have my laundry done within 2 hours! They also recommended a great Pho restaurant close by. Bottom line, if you're looking for excellent service at a reasonable price, give these guys a try. Ask for Tiep Le.

Central location, Friendly staff, best price for tour

lovely hotel in the middle of the old city. lovely staff, canh le and lan made us feel very wélcome. and arranged a really nice tour for us. great spacious rooms with hot water and good temperature during cold days here. would defenitely go back!

• 9th Jan 2015

breakfast was good and nice staff.Canh

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Perfect hostel for what you paid . Big room, friendly service ,free beer on Friday

• 29th Dec 2014

Great hotel in the middle of old town! Mr.Canh at the lobby desk was very helpful and full of good advice about the area. I definitely reccommend this place!

I've booked this hotel for 2 nights but not continuous (dec27& dec31). Everything is fine on dec27 but on dec31 they not keep a room for me even I've booked it before and been there early (about 9.00am), so they said sorry and offered me to stay in another hotel that far away (golden orchid hotel) with free taxi. I understand a situation like this can happen, its a new year time. So, I need to aware all member to make sure that you have a room for that night if you came here in big event period.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The hotel very nice place to stay. the room nice and clean. Location in the center, staff help me to booked sapa tour and taxi transfer to airport. Canh free breakfast befor go to airport. thank so much and would like recommend this place.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Place very close to the centre. Breakfast was included (and it was really good!). Staff is helpful and nice. Very good value for the money, totally recommended!

The hotel is a middle of the city. Easy to go and reach every tourist places. All staff, especially (Mr. Canh) are very nice. He allowed us to stay in the hotel in very early morning when we came back from the Sapa trip.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Thailand

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The owner recommended a good tour for us to do on our free day in Hanoi. And we were invited to attend the christmas party despite having checked out! Definitely would recommend to anyone needing somewhere to stay in Hanoi!

This hostel is located in central in tourist area in Hanoi. The room is big and clean , The staff is very helpful . We book Halong bay 3D2N with them . It is fantastic and good deal. Highly recommend

• 20th Dec 2014

Nice hotel in the middle of the Old Quarter madness. Staff were very nice, spoke good English and even readily helped me with my ATM-eaten credit card. Rooms were adequately clean, even though the sewers smelled and there was mold in the shower. The street / traffic under the windows is extremely noisy. All in all, great location to stay for a few days (Old Quarter gets annoying quickly), good value for money. There's still some room for improvement but I'd definitely stay here again.

Good location but very noisy

Staff were unhelpful, room was full of ants. We told them we'd be arriving at 6am. But they didn't have a room for us until 9 and that was a twin and not a double like we had booked. We had to complain twice to finally get our room right by 11.

Hi Nicola Thank you so much for your review. As you know we have listed our check in time on hostelword at 14:00. If you want to have room at 6:00 a.m on your check in date . you have to book for the night before you come . because our check out time at 12:00 . We could not take our guest out to let you check in . Our staff have try to arrange for you a room to rest in Twin room and said that we will change to a double room when a doubel room available . We have try our best to help you

Had a great stay in December. So cheap and it includes a large range of breakfast every day! The staff are lovely very helpful and the location is great! Sure there is a fair bit of street noise but I doubt you'd get anywhere in the old town with less. Would definitely go back!

• 1st Dec 2014

Had a good stay at the hotel, but we had booked another night following our halong bay tour and when we arrived they told us our room was no longer available and send us to there sister hotel (also very nice however would have been nice to have some notice so we didn't have to lug our bags down the road) also found it to be slightly expensive. If you aren't on a strict budget I would recommend. Breakfast options were great! Very helpful for planning transportation

« first « Prev 1 2 3