Hanoi Old Town Hotel Reviews

95 Hang Chieu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Our holidays in this hotel has been awesome. The staff are fantastic, very helpful and always smiling. I would definetely recommend this place to anyone who is interested on going to hanoi.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Spain

This hotel was excellent. Not only are the staff friendly and the accommodations comfortable, but they were very helpful with arranging any excursions or activities we wanted to pursue. My girlfriend and I had a great time in Hanoi and we can definitely attribute it in part to our stay at the Hanoi Old Town Hotel. With its central location and great atmosphere, we definitely recommend it to all travelers.

• 22nd Aug 2015

This hotel is very nice and the rooms are very clean. The staff are all very helpful and friendly, especially Mina, who helped us with booking an amazing trip to Ha Long Bay and suggested many things for us to see in our time in Hanoi. The location is also very good being in the old town and close to many tourist attractions. This hotel is great value and I recommend it to everyone looking for an enjoyable and comfortable stay in Hanoi.

• 18th Aug 2015

The hotel itself was incredibly hot and the floor we were on (6th) was just above the kitchen which meant the bad smell wafted up to our room. The room was ok for the price paid, however the wifi in our room didn't work so we couldn't book any trips. The staff were very friendly when welcoming us but a little pushy when trying to get us to stay another night and to book a tour with them. Half the roof of our room was falling off so the constant noise of scraping metal kept us up all night..

• 18th Aug 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They organised our trip to halong bay which was fantastic. The rooms were nice and very clean.

• 17th Aug 2015

Our stay at Hanoi Old Town Hotel was by far the best experience I have ever had with a hostel or hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful, friendly, and kind. Mina assisted us in booking both Sapa and Halong Bay tours, which were both excellent quality, price, and experiences as well. She was SO helpful, whether it be showing us the best places to get local food, assisting us and other guest members in ANY way (hotel related or not) and even taking us to local places for pho and dessert. WE LOVE!

It was a decent hotel, fairly close to Hoan Kiem lake. The breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly enough, without being super enthusiastic about helping though. It was positive that we could request a room with a balcony - we had to share the balcony with another room though.

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice clean rooms with all mod cons, good value for room with free breakfast and excellent location. A really nice touch was the free beer on Friday evening ☺as it was a nice way to get all the guests together. Tours were overpriced but thats our only complaint. Hotel itself was great.

fantastic hotel. let them handle your travel arrangements - they provide excellent follow-up service. my friend hurt himself on our trek, and we needed to make changes, and they accommodated us within minutes. also provide free showers between treks even if you don't have a night booked. top notch!

Great rooms, clean facilities, friendly staff and really good free breakfasts! Not a lot going on in the common area, so loses points for atmosphere, but that can easily be found just down the road. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff at this hotel were incredibly helpful, every single one of them. All spoke adequate English and were great for helping us to book reservations at restaurants and tours and so on. We came back for a second visit during our time in Vietnam and both rooms were clean, cool with air conditioning and of a good standard 👍👍👍

• 30th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Old Town Hotel Hanoi. Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was yum, good variety! we even got take away breakfast on the mornings of tours. Rooms were very spacious.

Extremely helpfull staff, they gave us lots of helpful tips. Room was very nice with AC & hot water. Breakfast (choice of 7 options) was tasty. Overall very good value for money. I wouldn't book the tours (Halong Bay etc.) through the hotel though, they are way overprized.

Great location, friendly staff. Rooms were average, beds were a little uncomfortable and we had no hot water for our showers. But considering the very reasonable price we paid for our room we got what we paid for.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. If your like me and only using it as a base to sleep then the rooms . are perfect, if your more into lazing about I would ask for the rooms with a balcony. The Staff were all amazing, (especially Phuong who has great English & local knowledge) so helpful and keen to assist you. The morning breakfast was good and free beer sometimes for happy hour

• 24th Jul 2015

Very friendly helpfull and patient staff. They are able to arrange anything from night train/bus tickets to tours. Located at Old Town, great for discovering Hanoi. Hanoi Old Town Hotel is definately a great home in a foreign town

• 24th Jul 2015

They pressured us into purchasing tours with them (surely, they earn commission) and when we returned they had reserved a spot with the tour provider and we had to unwillingly pay a cancellation fee. Beware and book elsewhere.

A hotel representative has been contacting me via email since I made my reservation. When I told them that I had one and a half day to spend in Hanoi, they suggested a food tour for dinner and a one-day tour to Halong Bay. It was so simple to sign up for those tours and I enjoyed them a lot!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Brilliant hospitality. Felt looked after the whole time.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very good stay, the staff were very helpful and polite. Booked a Halong Bay trip with them which was great! Beds are a little hard & the shower slightly too powerful (a bit painful) however I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was well worth the money! The location is spot on, everything is within walking distance which was perfect. Hanoi is a brilliant but crazy place! We loved it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5