Hostel Pousada Pais Tropical Reviews

Largo do Pelourinho 7, Salvador, Brazil

I felt good in this place, staff was nice and helpful; and I made good friends in my staying there!

Vert happy relaxed atmosphere. I loved Gringo, their cat . The tortoise as well.

• 31st Oct 2014

We paid 50 reais per night each and I think it could be a bit cleaner; there was rubbish under our beds... The sheets looked clean. Breakfast was really good and the staff was helpful. It is located in a neighborhood that is a bit dangerous when sunlight is gone. For 30 reais more (80 per night) we moved to a 4 star hotel (Sol Victoria Marina). So if you have budget to spend a bit more, there are better places to stay. If your budget is limited, this hostel is quite ok.

The private room was ok. Only problem is the annoying neon bulb as only source of light in the room and the windowless bathroom with poor plumbing and no ventilation.

• 23rd Aug 2014