Hotel Astoria- Venice Reviews

Calle Fiubera 951/a, San Marco, Venice, Italy

Very helpful staff! One helped read directions for me for medication I needed for the flu. Another helped with wi'fi, a towel, and much more. The morning and afternoon staff are very talkative and pleasant. The location is a little tricky to find at the start, but, it is literally 5 minutes away from the San Marco water train drop off point and is an excellent spot! Only downer was our room shower was Out of Order so we had to go out in the hallway and share with another group.

• 29th Dec 2014

The worst hotel I've ever been! No heater, dirty and furniture was almost destroyed. I one night we came back after midnight and we were unable to go in... The person at the front desk was absolutely asleep. The worst experience i have has in Europe. Please, don't go!

The staff was rude and unhelpful. There is only one key for each room so we had to wake up our roommate when we came back inorder to get inside the room. They lock the hotel doors and 1:30 am and told us if we don't come back by that time they will not let us Inside. There are no safes in the rooms. Only wifi in the waiting room. The only good thing about this hostle was the location. Very close to St. Marks square so that was a plus. Would not go back.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Although this wasn't the nicest place I stayed during my tour of Italy, it definitely had the best staff!!! They went above and beyond to assist me, including calling and changing a wine tour that I had accidentally booked for the wrong day. It wasn't unclean or anything, just a little outdated and no air conditioning which is always hard for a spoiled American like myself. The helpfulness and location made up for it though!

• 20th Aug 2014

Rundown, in-need-for renovation (strongly) hotel. Unclean rooms and bathrooms, insecure doors, no lift. Only one key for shared rooms!

An ok plave to stay for a few nights, but there aren't enough showers and then the showerhead was broken, which made showering extremly uncomfortable. Also NEVER EVER eat breakfast there, it's awful, I wouldn't feed a dog that stuff!!!!

Great hostel! Enjoyable stay and would very much recommend them.