Hotel Astoria- Venice Reviews

Calle Fiubera 951/a, San Marco, Venice, Italy

Really rude staff, no map recieved and they didnt explain anything about the area. Arriving at the hostel was unpleasant and I did not feel welcome. No rules were explained on arrival even though there was apparently a strict curfew (found this out after I got told off). No social area, no wifi in the rooms (only on the stairs to reception) and my room was old, dirty and things were broken throughout. The only good thing about it is the location as its close to Saint Marks Square. Worst hostel!!

VERY convenient location, right off piazza san marco in a busy area. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby, in the heart of the tourist centre. Wifi is only in lobby, which is unfortunate. The management was very nice. There were 3 of us staying the first night, and then only 2 the next. They let us stay in the same room so we didn't have to move our things.

The staff at reception is rude and impolite. Such a bad experience.The room is dirty and old. The lock seems unsafe. The location is not bad anyway.

2/3Staff were nice, 3rd (big bicep guy) was SO rude. Totally disrespectful to me, others in the room, and their friends who came by. I came in late,Was told 24/7 concierge and bicep dude lectured me as if I was a child who snuck out late. Told me it was ridiculous he had to let me in at night and said I disturbed the whole hostel when I just called the#I was told to if I come in late at night. He was very condescending and got bothered anytime you tried to ask him something or had to do his job.

Unexpected environment. Room is good for 4 of us. Water heater for shower works only for 2 people. Nothing given for free as a guest not even a glass of water. We request for a glass of hot water but they don't provide any but told us to go to the cafe for hot water. They do have the water boiler for drinking but they can only provide during breakfast. So unbelievable service. I will never go back there. Breakfast for 5 euro but nothing much served.

For the price for central Venice you can't complain, the location is amazing! Couldn't ask for better but tbere was no common room or wifi in the rooms, my bed sheet wasn't changed from the person before me

The only good thing is the location. The people from the front desk is unkind, the place is ugly, the rooms are dirty, the bed is not actually a bed, the room's door doesnt close. No breakfast, no wifi at rooms. Hotels of 15 euros are much better than this

Excellent location, nice staff, but rooms are to small, dark and cold, but nothing I can't survive :-)

We stayed with friends in the hotel for 4 nights, the location is perfect, no doubt - it's 1 - 2 min from St. Marco square and yet calm and quiet place. We stayed in 4 bed room with 2 separate rooms and bathroom. Facilities is average, rooms are clean and cozy. I would recommend this hotel (i have no idea why are these reviews so harsh - and I AM a picky person) and would definitely go back.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. Location is very good, right in the centre of the city, but inside is silent. The only thing I was dissatisfied with is poor WiFi connection, which you can use only at the reception. Facilities is poor too, but compared to the cost it is okay. If I ever get back to Venice, I will probably stay in this hotel again.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Basically my biggest nightmare. The man at the desk kept trying to charge me (I prepaid) then I go into my room where there is an old man in his underwear. No security and when I asked to change rooms the man told me there were no others. I walked out of that hostel within 10 minutes and while walking out the man at the desk goes "wait we have another room." Sketchiest experience of my life and I would suggest to never EVER go near that place. Talk about a trip-ruiner. No security, dirty as hell

The poor in facilities is related to the issue that it is actual a hotel and not a hostel, hence all the usual things (hot water, kitchen etc) is missing; in addition the wifi did not worked in the room but it did worked at the steps