Hotel Astoria- Venice Reviews

Calle Fiubera 951/a, San Marco, Venice, Italy

Basically my biggest nightmare. The man at the desk kept trying to charge me (I prepaid) then I go into my room where there is an old man in his underwear. No security and when I asked to change rooms the man told me there were no others. I walked out of that hostel within 10 minutes and while walking out the man at the desk goes "wait we have another room." Sketchiest experience of my life and I would suggest to never EVER go near that place. Talk about a trip-ruiner. No security, dirty as hell

The poor in facilities is related to the issue that it is actual a hotel and not a hostel, hence all the usual things (hot water, kitchen etc) is missing; in addition the wifi did not worked in the room but it did worked at the steps

Very helpful staff! One helped read directions for me for medication I needed for the flu. Another helped with wi'fi, a towel, and much more. The morning and afternoon staff are very talkative and pleasant. The location is a little tricky to find at the start, but, it is literally 5 minutes away from the San Marco water train drop off point and is an excellent spot! Only downer was our room shower was Out of Order so we had to go out in the hallway and share with another group.

The worst hotel I've ever been! No heater, dirty and furniture was almost destroyed. I one night we came back after midnight and we were unable to go in... The person at the front desk was absolutely asleep. The worst experience i have has in Europe. Please, don't go!