Hotel Astoria- Venice Reviews

Calle Fiubera 951/a, San Marco, Venice, Italy

This wasn't a "dorm" room- it was a hotel room with each bed sold separately- and only one key for the room. Very unclean, I found a used plaster just beside my bed. Ensuite was out of order, I had cold showers only. No hotel facilities, no lounge or anywhere to sit and I found the staff rather unwelcoming. WAY overpriced for what it is, I wish I had listened to suggestions to stay outside of Venice in a better quality place for less.

Before we arrived I had read some of the bad reviews on hostel world so didn't know what to expect. However, our stay was excellent: we were welcomed with a map to a clean room with a good bathroom. The location was fantastic and very easy to find. Staff were always pleasant and helpful with directions and questions. It was hot but we had a fan and lots of windows open. We were given towels and our room cleaned when there.great hotel in a great location.

Nightmare. I stayed for two nights and had a very early flight from VCE on the second day. Before check in I asked the receptionist repeatedly if it was possible to reach the airport as early as I needed from that hostel. He would not answer. He insisted that I did't interrupt him while he was checking me in, he lectured me on collaboration and teamwork. I was so tired that I gave him my ID after he guaranteed it was possible to get to the airport at any hour. It wasn't. He didn't refund me.

The worst experience ever!!!If you have even a smal brain DO NOT STAY here. There is a bodyguard in the reception who can threat you and dare to punch you even. I think hostelworld should take this hotel kick off the Hotel List in case travellers will not have bad experiences. The dorm room is supposed to be only 4 people but they added another 2 beds.There was literally no place to reach your bed to sleep. The bathroom was awfull..And please do not expect any excuse from Reception:(((

Really rude staff, no map recieved and they didnt explain anything about the area. Arriving at the hostel was unpleasant and I did not feel welcome. No rules were explained on arrival even though there was apparently a strict curfew (found this out after I got told off). No social area, no wifi in the rooms (only on the stairs to reception) and my room was old, dirty and things were broken throughout. The only good thing about it is the location as its close to Saint Marks Square. Worst hostel!!

No wifi in the rooms, only in the main lobby. You turn your key into the front desk when you go out. 24 hour reception, you just buzz in. Rooms are a little older, but pretty clean. NO HOT WATER in the showers.

VERY convenient location, right off piazza san marco in a busy area. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby, in the heart of the tourist centre. Wifi is only in lobby, which is unfortunate. The management was very nice. There were 3 of us staying the first night, and then only 2 the next. They let us stay in the same room so we didn't have to move our things.

The staff at reception is rude and impolite. Such a bad experience.The room is dirty and old. The lock seems unsafe. The location is not bad anyway.

You get what you pay for.

2/3Staff were nice, 3rd (big bicep guy) was SO rude. Totally disrespectful to me, others in the room, and their friends who came by. I came in late,Was told 24/7 concierge and bicep dude lectured me as if I was a child who snuck out late. Told me it was ridiculous he had to let me in at night and said I disturbed the whole hostel when I just called the#I was told to if I come in late at night. He was very condescending and got bothered anytime you tried to ask him something or had to do his job.

Unexpected environment. Room is good for 4 of us. Water heater for shower works only for 2 people. Nothing given for free as a guest not even a glass of water. We request for a glass of hot water but they don't provide any but told us to go to the cafe for hot water. They do have the water boiler for drinking but they can only provide during breakfast. So unbelievable service. I will never go back there. Breakfast for 5 euro but nothing much served.