Hotel Giovannina Reviews

Via Dante 113, Venice, Veneto, Italy

Absolutely awful. The hotel was 30 minutes train ride from Venice. Room was cold, buggy, and loud due to people downstairs in the street until after midnight (locals, not guests). The staff was incredibly rude and would not return any of my payment when I left early due to the awfulness of the room. DONT stay here.

The staff were unhelpful and very slow. There was a leaking tap in the room and despite being assured it would be fixed, nothing was done. The television did not receive any signal. The area near the hotel had many gypsies and beggars which approached me in an aggressive manner.

• 1st Apr 2014

This place is located close to the Mestre train station so it's easy to get to and easy to go to Venice from here. The shower is extremely small but other than that it was a nice place with friendly people!

Muy mala relacion calidad-precio: necesite un curso avanzado para poder cerrar la puerta de mi habitacion, porque tenia la cerradura estropeada, el bano dentro de la habitacion no tiene puerta, solo un biombo, una de las ventanas no cerraba bien y entraba corriente, no hay toallas para todos en la habitacion de 4, la cama esta sin hacer, el aspecto del hotel por dentro y por fuera es ruinoso, 3 pisos sin ascensor... ventajas: muy cerca de la estacion de tren, la ducha va bien

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Spain

This is not a great hotel but is quire close to Maestre station. It is very cheap and so there should not be great expectations.We found the night staff to be very helpful and friendly however the day manager was obviously a graduate of the Basil Fawlty school of hotel management.I doubt we would stay again but it was very cheap

I mistake, make four persons' reservation, although I mailed, I have not arrived, and I paid the money of four justification.

The worst place ever for a sequence of events. For example, if you need use the internet, you have to stay in the reception. And you can use the internet only there. And... you must use until midnight! It is terrible! If you forget something in the reception, the probability of you have your stuff back is minimal and, as the attendant said with a expression of sarcasm: "sorry, it is your problem if you forget something here". The price isn't consistent at all with the service and the staff.

Dear Sir having the possibility to rate you!! you are one of the worest Guest that we have had ever!! why?? you pretend taht the Staff look after you things when you are way?? in the reception Area there are a lot of People coming and going!! anyway no one touch nothing of your things!! so i don't undrestand your comment!

we didn't expect much, but we were satisfied. it is really really close to the station, the room is ok, good shower, the staff tries its best to be polite and helpfull.

The rooms are cold and the bathrooms are really small and dirty.

• 19th Dec 2013

The rooms were habitable and are good if you want a bed for the night. However, not situated in a good part of Venice but close to the train station. There was no atmosphere but the staff were happy to answer questions. We did have a small water feature in our room in the form of a. leaking sink. The shower was freezing and the door for the cubicle was broken

The wifi should be available 24*7 and should not stop from midnight 12 to morning 6'o cock.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • India

The front desk guy was mostly impatient. I could tell he didn't want to be there, and didn't say more than a couple words. Wifi turns off at midnight. I got bed bugs and the shower was gross. No free breakfast or even a place to hang out. They lock the doors and you don't get your own key, so you can't even be out late.

Good budget option close to the station. No lockers though and wifi only works in the reception area.

Very near to the station of Mestre. When we arrive we find three cockroaches on the floor and under the beds. The accommodation is very simple, there are any shelves in the bath.

• 24th Oct 2013

Great little place right by the station. Hopping a bus to venice is really easy. This is a hotel so there is one room key and no lockers. This wasn't a problem and I met some great people in my room. You need to use the Internet in the lobby, but you are here to wander venice right? Pretty quiet and the bathrooms were fine and the beds comfy. I would stay here again.

It should care more about keeping the facilities always clean such as providing cleaning sheets and towels and washing the toillets once in a while!

Perfect location for a one night stay after arriving on a late night Ryanair flight into Venice Treviso and catching the connecting Ryanair bus to Venice-Mestre train station. As described is only a few minutes walk from the train station. As per the name it really is a 'hotel' even though dorm-style hostel rooms are offered. Good WiFi. Bathrooms could use a very good clean and some maintenance. Sink in our room didn't drain properly and tap dripped all night but accomodation served our purpose.