Hotel Giovannina Reviews

Via Dante 113, Venice, Italy

The guy on reception was not particularly welcoming, and he wasn't happy when I only had a note to pay tourist tax instead of change, as that wasn't convenient for him. Room was far too hot, so we didn't sleep at all hardly. Quite close to Venezia Mestre station though.

• 20th Jul 2014

For the money you pay this hotel is an utter shambles! We were on the top floor and somehow found a cockroach in crawling across the bed! The room is so hot that sleeping isn't an option! The toilet leaked and flooded the bathroom and Wifi only works in the lobby. I wouldn't stay or recommend this place to anyone.

The hotel is vey close to the train station, but not on the islands of Venice--so you had to take the train to get anywhere near the places you wanted to see. There was no lift, but the wifi was ok. There was a sink in the room, which was nice. The shared bathroom was a little frightening and could be cleaner, and there was no hot water the first night.

Really simple and near the Mestre rail station.

Great location, 5 minutes from train and bus to Venice (10 min away). They have done renovations recently though not everywhere. Some of the bathrooms are nicer than others. Small shower.

in general was good, considering that in italy is very difficult to find good hotels for a good price. but the room was very hot and the toilet was very small. and staff didnt speak a good english.

The first night I was there, I was so bothered by the mosquitoes that I couldn't sleep. The 2nd night was a little more bearable because they gave us the electric mosquito repellent. The room was just dark and gives me an eery feeling when I enter. At night, it was really noisy until quite late because the shop opposite operates 24/7. Anyway, I just will not stay here ever again!

it was very dirty in the rooms and the bathroom. We had ordered a room for 3 and we only got 2 beds. Great location to easily take the train to the old Venice.

Nothing special at all. Not he cleanest not he most comfortable, but for the price u pay, it's worth it to save some money and stay here and not overpay in venice. It's conveniently located by the mestre train station to catch a short bus or train into venice or onto your next city!

Out first room was smelly but the staff changed our room for us.

The electricity went out within 30 minutes of our arrival. We were also accused of stealing the room key after checking out. There's an abandoned lot next door. ALSO this place states it is in Venice, but it is over ten minutes away by bus in a different town called Maestre. I will never go here again.

• 7th May 2014

The staff is very friendly and I hug them when I went back to home and I would recommend this hostel for double room. They are not well prepared to shared room. However I got a good sleep in shared room.

The worst hotel that i have ever stayed in. The wifi only works in the hotel foyer, where they are various teenagers laying about on sofas. The hotel rooms are unclean and falling apart. The location is in a rough area of Venice. The staff are unhelpful and uninterested.

• 2nd May 2014

If u are looking for luxury don't crush here. One night is fine, but I didn't even have one key for my bedroom, just one key for all. The guy from the reception is friendly though. Location is good for the day but not for night, little bit dangerous. No lockers or breakfast, the shower was super small but for the price, I think is fine. Just keep in mind that its not Venice! Is Mestre. Still the bus to Venice stops two blocks from the hostel and takes u directly to Venice. Wifi in the reception.

As a budget hotel, it has the basics. Although is far from Venice, is very near from the train station and shuttle buses to and from airports. They don't offer any facilities to have breakfast, because there is no kitchen.

This hotel was not what my boyfriend and I had expected. Our room was unprepared upon our arrival. There were bugs smeared on the wall, I didn't have a pillow, and my boyfriends bed broke when he sat on it. However staff was accommodating to us, this hotel was overpriced for what it was.

• 19th Apr 2014

This place was located very close to the train station Mestre. However, I had an awful stay because the staff were super unhelpful and really rude. They were sleeping on the couch in the lobby when I came to check out. I do not recommend this hostel. DON'T stay here.

dumbest staff ever seen check-in costs you 40min not only me, i saw many. bad cleanliness, good location

It's an old hotel, the price is fair, considering that it is 5 min away from the station of Mestre, and that in 10 min by bus you'll reach Venice. But cleanliness really need improvement!

• 11th Apr 2014

Absolutely awful. The hotel was 30 minutes train ride from Venice. Room was cold, buggy, and loud due to people downstairs in the street until after midnight (locals, not guests). The staff was incredibly rude and would not return any of my payment when I left early due to the awfulness of the room. DONT stay here.