Hotel Giovannina Reviews

Via Dante 113, Venice, Italy

The staff was incredibly rude... they opened our door while we were sleeping to tell us that the checkout was in half an hour, but the worst thing is, we found blood in one of the blankets... not just a little but a huge mark of dry blood that had never even been washed (probably never even saw it before we told them it was there, so apparently the blankets are never washed...) The rest of the furniture was all dusty, and they were incredibly rude since we got there.

Bathroom had ant infestation.

• 11th Apr 2015

Extremely rude and unhelpful staff - I'm glad I only stayed here two nights. On the second night I seriously considered staying somewhere else nearby. I would not recommend this to anyone. The room felt cold. The lock on the shared bathroom door didn't work so I had to go to the other side of the hostel. I wouldn't stay here again and it wasn't worth the price even though it was cheap! Get some manners and be nice!

• 5th Apr 2015

I had a great experience here. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there are no lockers here so I had to store my stuff at the train station but it was okay. For the price I paid for the room it was worth it. I was origionally supposed to stay in a mixed gender dorm but since there was a man in the dorm the staff were kind enough to give me a room all to myself!! I didnt expect that at all! Even on my second night,I changed rooms and still had a single.Great place/price!

• 31st Mar 2015

Found numerous cockroaches all over the room, broken furniture, disgusting shower, sketchy area. The front desk didn't know what they were doing, poor service, poor wifi. Only good thing was being close to te station. If you can avoid, do so.

Terribly worn, some things broken (sheets, blankets, shower), not very good smells in corridors and room. I wouldn't get back.

i like the place

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Very usefull if you are looking for a place near the train and bus station. We got there in less than 5 minutes. Wifi was not working and they are lack of services... Don't have towels, breakfast or kitchen. You get what you pay for. Obtienes lo que pagas.

Don't expect the room pictured in these photos on hostelworld. The place is a little more messy and disorganized.

Hostel is so bad. Operators aren't İtalian and they aren't respectful. I don't ever seen bad operator. We payed all price of reservation, it wasn't problem fisrt entrance but later they wanted extra money, they told us 'we wrote wrong price'. they have to tell more before but we didn't tell anything. they are so dishonest

• 30th Nov 2014