Hotel Giovannina Reviews

Via Dante 113, Venice, Italy

Good for one night stay as it is very close to the station. No facilities for cooking also no drinking water!

Better to have Wi-Fi on every floor, not just near by reception.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Russia

Good cheap option in the area

If you're visiting Venice, PLEASE, don't stay here! more than a hotel, it's rather a motel. Beedrooms are super ugly, dirty and extremely warm, no A/C. The location is not Venice, but the outskirts, a bus it's needed to reach the touristic area. The personal is REALLY incompetent and unqualified. I don't wish that experience to anybody. I consider that the price I paid for those two nights in god knows where, were NOT worth at all. Anyway, i assure you: YOU CAN FIND BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No air conditioning in the hotel, made it impossible to sleep. One member of the hotel staff was clueless about our reservation when we arrived. One night a huge fight between 2 gangs of locals erupted right outside the door of the hotel where glass bottles were being thrown so we couldn't leave for ages, didn't feel safe and considered switching for the 2nd night but couldn't find anywhere reasonable. Buses to Venice were frequent but almost impossible to get on unless you really shove.

First impression of the hostel is not bad or not good. Staffs there are not willing to talk. They seem like they want to continue their works on the computer. I met great people in my room(4beds) and they helped me a lot. Room is cleaned everyday and towels are changed as well. Location is great but a bit dangerous at night. Well, everywhere in the world at night is always dangerous though. If you get off a train at Mestre station and save slme money, i recommend this hostel for 2days:)

Good enough

Wouldn't go back. Not horrible, but not spectacular.

No security other than a shared room key. Staff had a poor grasp of english and weren't all that helpful. WIFI only works in the lobby, but that's almost an upside, as it got me to meet people I never would have met in my dorm.

Very very basic. Dirty shower. 10mins by train to mainland.

Cleanliness, it was OK but they can improve that... Location, it is too close from the train/bus station (15min to Venice), there are many markets near, good place. Staff, they were very nice and most of them speak english... Security, there are no lockers to leave the personal things. I wrote an email cuz of a doubt during the booking, and they never answered. Dont think that you are gonna go to a 5 stars hotel for this ammount of money, from my point of view this is an excelent choise to go.