Hotel Giovannina Reviews

Via Dante 113, Venice, Italy

The bathroom, inside the room and outside the rooms are absolutely disgusting. The mold and fungi that grow in them is ridiculous and the shower is all cold water, the location is excellent but everything else is awful. The staff are not polite and to get wifi you have to stay in the very small main lobby, but it is impossible to make a call to anyone due to the staff skyping their friends and being unspeakably loudy. Overall i would say if its a last resort stay here. Otherwise go elsewhere.

• 11th Nov 2014

It's perfectly placed just 2 minutes away from the Mestre train/bus station, which is a huge advantage, especially if you have a lot of luggage. Definitely the cheapest hotel for that area, so if you're on a budget it's the best solution. Rooms were clean enough and rather spacious, though the bathrooms were pretty small.The staff were helpful and friendly, though not as proficient in English as one would hope. Overall it's a great choice for budget travelers and surely my go-to hotel in Mestre.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Romania

Great location near train station, with trains to the old Venice every 10 minutes. Good facilities in the room and good beds, however there were no lockers. There was no-one at the reception when we checked out, despite saying there was a 24 hour reception, so we had to just leave our key and go. Fine for what we needed for a one night stay though!

Staff does or speak very little English and not all reception team members so be aware plus twice they walk in the room without knocking. Location just few minutes off the main train station-Venice Mestre Security well anybody could just walk in and not been questioned where the person is going to... therefore Atmosphere is quite hindered. Cleanliness well could be better for an hotel, as for hostel acceptable. Quite pricey so not the best value for money but the cheapest option I found.

there was a safty parking (important in venice), but it was very small and we must have given our car keys to the reception.

Basic hotel outside of venice. No air con just a fan. The shared bathroom was reasonably clean. Location is great though. 3 minute walk from station to travel into central venice everyday! Very basic. No atmosphere.

should put mosquito net on windows 'cos i was bitten by mosquitoes

This is one star hotel. Bathroom required a restoration (big time), wasn't too clean. Room needs a restoration too. Staff barely speaks in English (they are from India). Internet was barely working. Parking is in backyard, quite tight but secure, cost 10e/day, which is cheaper than on the street. Close to train station.

Mold on the ceiling, dirty bathroom,, parking was not included even though it said it on the page

Just what you need: bed and shower. Not specialy clean nor wekcoming. But next to the train station linking to venesian island.

• 18th Aug 2014

Man behind the counter doesn't seem to like his job much which is not very welcoming nor does it give the guest a good impression of Venice. No lift, hard job carrying heavy suitcases up to the 3rd level. very impersonal place.

Not very bad, didnt have any problems, if u want a cheap stay this is a suitable place. But dont expect much ;)

The hostel is very easy to find, short walk from the Mestre Station. This hostel is a little inconveniently placed. You will have to buy a train ticket (to and from) the Mestre station to get to Santa Lucia Main Station, which is where all of the action is. If you want a hostel that is away from all the chaos, I suggest going here. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and the service was exceptional.

The guy on reception was not particularly welcoming, and he wasn't happy when I only had a note to pay tourist tax instead of change, as that wasn't convenient for him. Room was far too hot, so we didn't sleep at all hardly. Quite close to Venezia Mestre station though.

I've stayed in many "hostels" but this was one of the worst. Very little English, I was told to return the key when I left, which is a given. But I was snapped at when I realized that was each time I left. Anyone could walk in while you were out. No one told me I had to change beds after my first night, when I returned, my things had been moved, I had to ask for my things that were missing. There was no hostel atmosphere. Only WiFi in lobby. Single females, I wouldn't dare this one.

For the money you pay this hotel is an utter shambles! We were on the top floor and somehow found a cockroach in crawling across the bed! The room is so hot that sleeping isn't an option! The toilet leaked and flooded the bathroom and Wifi only works in the lobby. I wouldn't stay or recommend this place to anyone.

The hotel is vey close to the train station, but not on the islands of Venice--so you had to take the train to get anywhere near the places you wanted to see. There was no lift, but the wifi was ok. There was a sink in the room, which was nice. The shared bathroom was a little frightening and could be cleaner, and there was no hot water the first night.

I loved it there, but at first I was disappointed that it was not in Venice properly. But I got used to being in Mestre after a few hours.

Really simple and near the Mestre rail station.

Great location, 5 minutes from train and bus to Venice (10 min away). They have done renovations recently though not everywhere. Some of the bathrooms are nicer than others. Small shower.