Jungle Party Hostal

Very Good 350 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2017
6.0

This place was sooo random. Had so much potential to be super cool but just wasnt it was almost like a bit of a weird joke. Everything downstairs got shut off at 11.30 when me and friends were having pres and then the receptionist was dead asleep snoring the house down. The loft upstairs isnt that bad and the bathroom and showers are actually good! Still glad i stayed just for the story to tell but still hell weird place. Better for kick ons after pool party than to get razzed before hand

• Costa Rica, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
2.3

This was the worst experience at a hostel ever. I've stayed in Hostels all over and this was by FAR the worst, The rooms smelled, there was a lady on our room that was really sick. The Bar, Restaurant and the Roof top CLOSED, this was the main reason why I made reservations on this hostel and nobody notified me it was going thru remodelling. DON'T STAY HERE.

1st Jul 2017
5.4

Left after 1 seriously bad night. Now in fairness the name of this place does suggest it's going to be a bit lively, but I had wrongly assumed they might in some way cater for people that need to sleep as well. After a 13 hour journey I was too tired to join in the party so went to bed. The next 8 hours were punctuated every 5 or 10 minutes by seriously loud drunk people. It felt like I had simply fallen asleep in a bar. I'm sure you could have a good party here, but just don't expect sleep.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2017

There was only one bathroom working for almost all the hostel. It is a fun hostel, I liked most of it.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2017
7.1

When I first arrived the staff didn't really show me anything except my bed and didn't tell me anything about the hostel. My bed was kind of dirty. I slept in the loft with 22 other people which worked fine for me, but it definitely wasn't ideal. It's a pretty loud place and the music starts around 8am. The first night there I didn't sleep at all. If you want to have fun it's a good place. I found it hard to socialize compared to other hostels. The staff were making out in the bed next to me.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
3.7

Staff were very rude- lied about bus for onward journey being full and charged extortionate price for a taxi. Unaccommodating throughout. 6 bed dorms are hot, stuffy, smelly, no ventilation Large dorm = room full of mattresses. Not enough lockers for the number of people 3 showers for 50 people- not clean Loud music starts from 0900 and goes on until the early hours every day Staff walk into rooms at 0700 and turn the lights on Bar is the only place in the huge hostel where wifi works

10th Apr 2017

Great hostel, near the centre, we were in April 2017 during the easter festival. Staff were very helpful and friendly, with some good pointers. rooms were good - stayed in the 6 bed and the upstairs massive dorm. All mattresses were pretty comfy. Bar area quite fun, met a good group of people. lockers available to store valuables.

10th Apr 2017
7.4

Just don't stay in the 'Loft'

• pperryy
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017

Great location, nice staff, nice terrace to chill out on. The big dorm room was basic but I really liked it. I had some really good nights sleep there! There are 3 showers and 3 toilets but I never had to wait for either. Only about 8 lockers available for the big dorm, so if their being used bad luck!

9th Apr 2017
6.6

Pros: Good location Was pretty clean Good showers Melissa and the female Mexican bartender were nice and freindly. Cons: Wifi is limited to small lobby, and only works half the time. You can hang out up stairs on the roof, but there is no wifi. The room was very stuffy, with no air circulation what's so ever. They play pretty bad music loud that you can hear right in your room starting at 8am The cleaners come in your room at 8am The fire at night smokes up your room.