Jungle Party Hostal Reviews

6a Avenida Norte #20, Entre 3a y 2a calle Poniente, Antigua, Guatemala

It's a good hostel, party at night chill mostly in the day..

Great place to meet people and to hang out although I found as a place to sleep and stay it's not the best place I've stayed at. The internet is very poor and hardly works and the only place you can get drinkable water from was empty and no one filled it up. It's set up so you have a tab and pay everything at the end of the stay which, when alcohol is involved, does leave you with a large bill. the music goes on until late so early nights are hard to have! Still, great place for young people.

This hostel was a terrible experience. We arrived but they had lost our booking and rudely told us it was our fault until we showed them a copy of our booking. They then split our group into beds in different rooms. These rooms were a cheaper rate than what we booked but they wanted to charge us our booking rate! The beds provided were littered with rubbish and not yet made (at 3pm). Another couple arrived after us and their booking had been 'lost' too. Would not recommend to anyone!

I was a bit doubtful about staying at a place call Jungle Party but my friend recommend it so bad, I am glad I did listen to his advice. The place is great, great location, the set up is a combination of a nice chill hostel with a good bar, great music. Good areas to read, hammocks, bean bags, swings, swing beds..... I lay by the pool ledge for 3 days and had way too many margaritas. I will definitely come back here. Thank you guys.

• 3rd Jul 2015

So much fun.. We had a great afternoon in the terrace, volcano was erupting all afternoon!! the staff super friendly and helpful, location is awesome. This hostel keeps a good balance between a relax atmosphere and a party scenario, you can meet lots of cool local people and travelers. And the Showers.... just the showers make it itself a treat staying here.. those type of rain showers super hot, better than a 5 start hotel.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great hostel good shower and the staff help us in any thing we need !

Stayed there 3 yrs ago and had a great time then, so decided to go back. The place is completely renovated and done in a nice way. The loft is to basic for me but the rooms are really nice, spacious and big beds. The rooftop with bar, hangouts and sunpool is really great to hangout. Had a lot of fun with the laid back other travelers while its an easy place to make contact. The smoothies are awesome and so the breakfast, salads and pizza's too!

Beautiful terrace, hot(!) showers, great staff. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better hostel in Antigua. Great parties, great food, big clean beds. I didn't want to leave.

• 19th Jun 2015

Stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. The staff were friendly and had a good knowledge of activities in the area, offering a booking service that's the same prices as agencies in the street. The beds are clean, big and comfortable each with its own light and locker. Showers are the BEST in Guatemala, really hot with big shower heads. The atmosphere is great, I made some beautiful new friends here. But don't worry the party doesn't go all night so you get the best of both worlds.

Good wi fi! Always a bonus when travelling solo. The girls working there were not overly welcoming. Needs a girls dorm only! a very strange man was going to be put in the room with only me. Plenty of other beds available Luckily the night security guy was able to understand me and was happy to put the man elsewhere

The common areas were very cold in the evening, and the lighting level so low it was impossible to sit and read. I was forced to go to my room and read in bed instead of sitting and reading with a beer. The sound insulation was non existent and the piped music went on until well passed midnight. I was looking forward to the delicious sounding breakfasts that the hostel restaurant offered but when I went to get breakfast, I was told that the restaurant was closed for breakfast.

This hostel was a bit of a let down - no free breakfast, slow wifi, no kitchen, no food and drinks from outside allowed and a pool that goes up to your ankles. The only good thing about this hostel is the exceptional staff members who go above and beyond to help you - reception, bar staff and cleaners.

This place should change its name. There is no party here at all. Atmosphere is dead and no one drinks here because the prices are ridiculous. Very misleading.

If you wanna do shots and party all night, then you can, but if you don't, you don't need to worry too much as the party goers generally leave the hostel at a reasonable hour and you can deffo get a good nights sleep. We stayed just one night before our connection to Guatemala City and met many if our partying friends on their way back into the hostel as we left, after a good nights sleep. :-)

Great place to stay, clean, not dusty. I was happy with the stay and would recommend the place to others.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • India

hostel was perfect, especially the showers, but the shuttle i booked through the hostel was unreliable so i suggest to book the shuttle autnomously

They lie about free breakfast on the website. Beers are cheaper down the street at the terrace hostal.

• 6th Feb 2015