Jungle Party Hostal Reviews

6a Avenida Norte #20, Entre 3a y 2a calle Poniente, Antigua, Guatemala

The common areas were very cold in the evening, and the lighting level so low it was impossible to sit and read. I was forced to go to my room and read in bed instead of sitting and reading with a beer. The sound insulation was non existent and the piped music went on until well passed midnight. I was looking forward to the delicious sounding breakfasts that the hostel restaurant offered but when I went to get breakfast, I was told that the restaurant was closed for breakfast.

This hostel was a bit of a let down - no free breakfast, slow wifi, no kitchen, no food and drinks from outside allowed and a pool that goes up to your ankles. The only good thing about this hostel is the exceptional staff members who go above and beyond to help you - reception, bar staff and cleaners.

This place should change its name. There is no party here at all. Atmosphere is dead and no one drinks here because the prices are ridiculous. Very misleading.

If you wanna do shots and party all night, then you can, but if you don't, you don't need to worry too much as the party goers generally leave the hostel at a reasonable hour and you can deffo get a good nights sleep. We stayed just one night before our connection to Guatemala City and met many if our partying friends on their way back into the hostel as we left, after a good nights sleep. :-)

Great place to stay, clean, not dusty. I was happy with the stay and would recommend the place to others.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • India

hostel was perfect, especially the showers, but the shuttle i booked through the hostel was unreliable so i suggest to book the shuttle autnomously

They lie about free breakfast on the website. Beers are cheaper down the street at the terrace hostal.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great hostel with comfortable beds. We stayed in a 6 person dorm, reading light above each bed, and personal locker. As it was mid week we didn't experoence the party hostel vibe which was a good thing for us because I can totally see how noisy the place would get right outside the dorms. Ty also had the best hot showers ever! Campfire at night. Wifi was working the whole time. Staff were super helpful with any questions I asked.

super friendly owner. bartender entertaining fun guy. one staff girl pretty unfriendly. super nice place with lovely terrace

Great hostel! 6 bed dorms have big beds, large individual lockers with power chargers and bunks are solidly constructed! The bar is great and the courtyard is a great place to chill out or get the party started. Staff are all fun and engaging. Wifi connection could be better but I LOVE the policy of shutting it off in the evenings to get people socialising!

I normally avoid party hostels and went to the Jungle Party, partly at my daughter's suggestion. I was surprised at how friendly and helpful everyone at this hostel was. For a party hostel, the Jungle Party was very well maintained and kept clean, compared with other party hostels at which I've stayed.

When considering booking, remember it is a party hostel so there is music up to around midnight. Unfortunately we had room just outside the bar. Apart from that staff were nice and hostel is generally okay.

My friends and I had a great stay! Kady was especially helpful and Carlo was great fun.

Nice hostel with a really cool atmosphere. We loved the indoor swings, the bean bags and the lit fire in the evenings. Superfriendly staff and good location. The rooms are very simple and smell a bit bad...but they're still pretty clean and alright for sleeping. Really good showers! Great that you can book several different tours and trips via the hostel. Overall a good experience!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Very bad internet, was not working for most of my stay, and they turn it off between 6-10pm every day with the excuse 'buy a drink at the bar'. My bed was a mattress on the floor in the 20 person dorm. It's hot and noisy and everyone is sleeping on mattresses on the floor. Seems to be 1 locker between 2 which is not ideal for solo travelers. 3 tiny toilets and 3 showers with no shelves for soap for the whole hostel. As a long term traveler, I have to say that this was a bad hostel. Staff good

We originally booked 3 beds in the 28 room dorm but decided to change to the 6 bed dorm once we got there. The 28 bed dorm has beds on the floor in the attic. Not a very inviting room. The 6 bed dorm was great though. Lockers with each bunk, clean sheets, warm blanket and clean. The best part of this hostel was the atmosphere and design. The bar has swings, a firepit, bean bags, and nice employees. Definitely a fun place to stay. Make sure to ask Paco about some good places to eat for local food