Jungle Party Hostal Reviews

6a Avenida Norte #20, Entre 3a y 2a calle Poniente, Antigua, Guatemala

My friends and I had a great stay! Kady was especially helpful and Carlo was great fun.

Nice hostel with a really cool atmosphere. We loved the indoor swings, the bean bags and the lit fire in the evenings. Superfriendly staff and good location. The rooms are very simple and smell a bit bad...but they're still pretty clean and alright for sleeping. Really good showers! Great that you can book several different tours and trips via the hostel. Overall a good experience!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Very bad internet, was not working for most of my stay, and they turn it off between 6-10pm every day with the excuse 'buy a drink at the bar'. My bed was a mattress on the floor in the 20 person dorm. It's hot and noisy and everyone is sleeping on mattresses on the floor. Seems to be 1 locker between 2 which is not ideal for solo travelers. 3 tiny toilets and 3 showers with no shelves for soap for the whole hostel. As a long term traveler, I have to say that this was a bad hostel. Staff good

We originally booked 3 beds in the 28 room dorm but decided to change to the 6 bed dorm once we got there. The 28 bed dorm has beds on the floor in the attic. Not a very inviting room. The 6 bed dorm was great though. Lockers with each bunk, clean sheets, warm blanket and clean. The best part of this hostel was the atmosphere and design. The bar has swings, a firepit, bean bags, and nice employees. Definitely a fun place to stay. Make sure to ask Paco about some good places to eat for local food

Had some ignorant people in my room that always kept the door open so the loud music came straight into my room at night times. But nevertheless: Great hostel with great staff! Just didn't like the tab system so much with the pay-all-your-stuff-at-check-out...

• 4th Oct 2014

Completely over-rated. The 3 nights we were there, there were no 'parties'. We arrived on a night bus from Tikal at 7:30am and were greeted by a spaced out, 'didn't know what she was doing' staff member. After going for breakfast and checking in, all we wanted to do was sleep. I explained my sheets hadn't been changed. They assured me they had....peeled the sheets back to discover male pubes (I'm a girly). Nice. & I was the one made to feel like crap for bringing it up. No breakfast included.

The place is like those who want to go back. The staff is very helpfull and with the mood for anything at any moment. It was a short stay but one to remember. Cheers Mafer and Jacky !!

Nothing fancy, but atmosphere and location are great. Love all the hammocks and roof space!

The plastic sheets on beds were good but abit annoying, the showers were nice but not that clean, music started at 9am always early, had a good bar crawl on Mondays with other hostels, great atmosphere and always someone up for a night out!

Great stay. Could do with free breakfasts thou. Staff excellent and a well put together hostel