Jungle Party Hostal

7.8
Very Good 329 Total Reviews

9th Apr 2017
6.6

Pros: Good location Was pretty clean Good showers Melissa and the female Mexican bartender were nice and freindly. Cons: Wifi is limited to small lobby, and only works half the time. You can hang out up stairs on the roof, but there is no wifi. The room was very stuffy, with no air circulation what's so ever. They play pretty bad music loud that you can hear right in your room starting at 8am The cleaners come in your room at 8am The fire at night smokes up your room.

• England, Couple, 18-24
9th Apr 2017
6.9

Cheapest place in town and located well. It's a party hostel but it's easy to stay away from it if you want. The loft is just beds on the floor and the bathrooms are ok, not great but not terrible. Receptionist was a bit slow and almost lost our passports but was helpful in arranging travel to Lake Atitlan.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017
6.9

We were greeted by immediate disrespect from the hostel worker Giovanni. The shuttle we booked through this hostel never came to the airport (the same thing happened to other travelers) and we ended up taking a taxi to the hostel. We stayed friday and saturday night and there was never a party, so it didn't quite live up to its name. Though the facility itself was very nice and clean.

1st Apr 2017

Good place to stay, room was a bit musty but it's a hostel. Lockers were a good size, good bar in lobby, the guy who runs the place was excellent. Just don't book the acatenango tour through them, I ended up paying more than anyone else on our hike. Over all I would recommend this place.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017
5.7

The beds are not what they advertised in the pictures. They are just beds on the floor. The wifi only worked right near the modem. My friends and I didn't even stay the night. You can find WAY better for only a few more dollars.

• chloe_hunt7591
  • England, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2017

Loved staying at jungle party hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful, really going out of their way to help us when we had a logistical issue! The dorm was very good value for money and clean and comfortable. The hot showers are the best I've had in 3 months. Slightly less of a party atmosphere but lovely upstairs chill out space, and soon to be kitchen facilities. Very relaxed vibe and not too many rules, as have found with other places! Definitely recommend staying here.

4th Mar 2017

Definitely my favorite hostel I stayed at in all of Guatemala! The staff was all so friendly and made me feel really welcome. They arranged transportation and tours for me as well as showing me cool spots around Antigua to check out. As the name gives away, it's definitely a party spot, but I didn't have any trouble getting sleep at all. The rooftop bar area had hammocks and nice lounge areas to hang out at, but it was also close enough to a handful of more lively bars in Antigua.

• BognorAbroad
  • England, Male, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
7.4

Stayed 3 nights and it was quiet (only 2 other people in the 15 bed dorm) but from the set up it looked like it would be good on busy nights. The staff were friendly and everything is only a short walk away.

• Poland, Female, 31-40
31st Dec 2016
5.1

I stayed in 6 people dorm. The room did not have a window or ventilation. It was very hot, steamy and smelly. Music was on all the time and I could not sleep at all. Furniture in the common areas is old and not in a good shape. The hostel was dirty. 3 toilets and 3 showers( one of them was out of use) to share for all the guests: over 50 people !! My advice to the travelers: avoid the place.

• USA, Female, 25-30
25th Dec 2016
5.4

Music was blasting right outside the room from 9am until late at night - made it impossible to sleep. We found cockroaches around the bed and room was poorly lit. Overall a dingy place that is not very well kept.