Jungle Party Hostal Reviews

6a Avenida Norte #20, Entre 3a y 2a calle Poniente, Antigua, Guatemala

Its supposed that I pay a reservation and I have to pay only the difference between the cost of the bed and the reservation that I already have been payed to you. So, when I was check in, the guy in the counter, told me that I have to pay the entire rate, because the reservation that I pay to you, he says that the dont recieve nothing from you. So I have to pay the complete Price again and the reservation was stolen. I feel cheated

• 6th Feb 2016
  • El Salvador

Spanish native speakers checked in by an english speaker, never told us that there was a fine for drinking outside alcohol and tried to charge us afterwards. They keep your passport and when cheching out they told me that my payment was never received, horrible service, horrible staff, not friendly at all. The worst I think is that they took my reservation money without an explanation.

The staff wasn't very helpful, the blonde at the desk wasn't very understading that our trip had seen a hiccup and still charged us for the night we couldn't make.

• 28th Jan 2016

THEY FORCE YOU TO LEAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH THEM, and when you do it you become their hostage... they might tell you that this is for your security and bla bla bla, but their real concern is that people don't leave without paying drinks and food... instead of charging you on the spot, they have this confusing and insecure system wherein people order and give their names, but there is no proof of anything. Very risky.

They don't accept credit cards. Cleanliness is awful.

The hostel is a party hostel, as the name implies, if you are thinking of sleeping do not stay there. If you want to meet people, socialize, drink, and be merry, this is the place to be. The bathrooms could be better, and cleaner, and the fact that anyone can just walk in is a bit sketchy, but it's fun. Also super cheap.

The main issue we had with this hostel was with payment. It is the first hostel we've encountered in 6 months of travelling South and Central America that does not acknowledge the 14% booking fee charged by Hostelworld. The staff's response being 'Hostelworld has nothing to do with us, we do not receive any of this money from them, so we charge you the full fee on check-out, this is a reservation fee not a deposit...' Keep this in mind when booking

This place would be alright if the staff didn't suck so much

• 26th Dec 2015

Hostel looked fine. Website charged me the booking fee, get to the hostel and they don't have my reservation.

• 25th Dec 2015

Stayed in a 4-bed dorm and appreciated the good beds and big lockers + light located in each. Rooftop terrace is great place to hang out with a cool view. Bathrooms are a little cramped and only 2 showers downstairs. Contrary to what we were told the wifi and hot water also stayed on after 6pm- yay! Dorm room was loud until 10/11pm when the bar closes and the music is turned off. Staff were also super friendly. Would recommend.

Vibrant lively place with an awesome roof terasse including a bar. I got lucky and saw the vulcano spit fire up there. If you want privacy and tranquility don´t go :)

Loved Jungle Party. Really liked being greeted in Spanish by Guatemalans instead of English by American or Australians.

• 18th Dec 2015

they charged us a deposit on hostel world but sill charged us a full fee in cash on check out + extra mark ups on 2 beverages. not happy with this at all.

• 13th Dec 2015

I chose the cheapest dorm option available when booking on hostel world, but after i had arrived and checked in i heard a different member of staff telling someone they had two dorm options available, one of which was a third cheaper than what i was paying. Told the guy who checked me in and said it would have been nice to be given these options and in the future he should let people know. His response "no discount." Rude. Saw other staff rolling eyes at a girl who'd lost something. Notworththe£

Jungle party itself was a good all round accommodation except that the staff were not as helpful as is expected of a hostel. But, we booked an overnight volcano tour through the hostel and it was one of the worst experiences I ever had travelling, disorganised, unsafe, misinformed, expensive (Jungle party added an extra $13 compared to others who booked it elsewhere) and generally shambolic from the information received at the hostel to the tour itself. Book your volcano tour and buses elsewhere

Hi guys sorry you did not have a good experience at the volcano. We connect you with companies around town, the tours and shuttles are not actually provided by us. It would have been great to hear your comment when you were here to be able to follow up about the services given by the company we connected you with and if they are not been satisfying enough we will definitely change them. Getting better Prices and best service depend on people commenting to us.

Incompetent staff- had to search all over for them to get my passport back. Very dirty, extremely hot unventilated rooms that smell and no fan. Bathroom is mixed with only 3 stalls for entire hostel with 1/3 showers not even working. Internet only for a few hours at night. Go somewhere else. Plenty of better places in Antigua. Very disappointing.

• 21st Nov 2015

Positives: - Staff are really nice and upbeat, the cleaning lady is lovely! - Bar and chilled areas are really cool, prices are reasonable. - location is spot on Negatives: - Low season at the moment, so don't go there expecting the restaurant to be open or a kitchen to cook in. We were told both unavailable.. They should update their website! - Don't book on line as they couldn't find our booking and lost the deposit, paid full price and slept in loft rather than 6 bed we booked

The showers were awesome but there was only one sink to both. Was hands adder toilet visit, people brushing teeth and doing whatever infront if the mirror - could use one more if those to all that people. Also, there was no kitchen and the restaurant were closed all the time we were there. But except for that, it was a nice place! Great people, good beds and a nice common area. If you want loud music most of the day and party its definitely the place to be!

It's not the best value for the price. No kitchen is a bit crazy for a hostel. Beers are expensive at the bar even at happy hour. But as a solo traveler it's easy to meet people as it's very busy and has a good social set up so I'm glad I stayed. Ron at the bar is a serious asset to the place,so friendly and full of information about Guatemala

Great location comfortable beds in the dorms. Resturant and terrace bar not open during our stay so not sure how those facilities are. Has potential to be a rocking place if a good crew of guests and staff are present.

Hi thank you for your comment. Our rain season this year was really crazy, we would have loved to have the terrace working but it poured everyday almost. So we gave up, staff was up there freezing under rain. This year it stopped raining almost in December, we were waiting with our hearts for rain season to stop and have the hostel operating normal. It is now.