Jungle Party Hostal Reviews

6a Avenida Norte #20, Entre 3a y 2a calle Poniente, Antigua, Guatemala

Firstly, the guy who lets people in at night is the rudest person ever. He clearly hates his job and just takes it out on all the guests who want to stay out late. Secondly, be careful when booking with Hostelworld. We have been travelling for 7 months and this was the first time that a deposit was taken from us but not taken off the bill. The receptionist said that Hostelworld keep the deposit which is ridiculous as the hostel obviously need some kind of deposit to secure the room.. Sneaky.

Staff were amazing at organising trips and helping me sort a replacement phone when mine died. Great party atmosphere if you want it but also easy to just chill out, roof terrace is amazing for watching lightning storms etc. Really enjoyed my stay, it's not the fanciest hostel but has all the facilities you need and really good base to get around Guatemala.

My partner and I stayed for 5 nights. Our first night we arrived after 18 hrs on a bus. We were told to settle into our rooms and then sort out passport etc. after checking in we sat around a fire and chatted to others stayers it was Tuesday night so social but not crazy. Then for the follow 4 nights we would get back to the hostel meet up with everyone in the upstairs bar and drink, be social and get silly. When the bar close most people go out together. Jungle was great to be social.

My experience at jungle party was so great, I had so much fun meeting people from all over the world. The hostel staff was very helpful on my arrival and travel plans. The receptionist was, super friendly everyone is very kind, and helpful. the hostel is very clean and the terrace has a cool atmosphere with good fun evenings and barbecue. Sad the party finish so early. Last call was at 11:00pm. Antigua it is very chill in the evenings. I want to say thank you for taking care of me when I got si

• 31st Jul 2015
  • El Salvador

decent hostel just needs to work on the double atmosphere situation it has going on all the time, and wifi was next to useless.

Couldn't ask for a better spot in Antigua - staff were very friendly. We were in a dorm right behind the bar downstairs and underneath the bar upstairs, but they close the bar downstairs at 11pm so noise wasn't a big issue. The rooftop space was nice to chill out in. Had a good few nights here - would happily recommend. The showers are also good here, which is a huge bonus!

It's a good hostel, party at night chill mostly in the day..

Great place to meet people and to hang out although I found as a place to sleep and stay it's not the best place I've stayed at. The internet is very poor and hardly works and the only place you can get drinkable water from was empty and no one filled it up. It's set up so you have a tab and pay everything at the end of the stay which, when alcohol is involved, does leave you with a large bill. the music goes on until late so early nights are hard to have! Still, great place for young people.

When a person book into a hostel named Jungle Party and doesn't have a clear mind of what type of hostel we are. We are a party hostel. We do not promote a meditation hostel. we have two funky bars , full of crazy young people, bar does last call at 11:00pm and completely close by 12:00pm. Chill during the day so you can laze around and do nothing. But writing a review that complains about a party hostel not been a perfect place to go to bed at 9:00pm, with all due respect is rubbish.

This hostel was a terrible experience. We arrived but they had lost our booking and rudely told us it was our fault until we showed them a copy of our booking. They then split our group into beds in different rooms. These rooms were a cheaper rate than what we booked but they wanted to charge us our booking rate! The beds provided were littered with rubbish and not yet made (at 3pm). Another couple arrived after us and their booking had been 'lost' too. Would not recommend to anyone!

We apologize for the inconvenience, we know that sometimes groups expect to be placed ideally in the same group but sometimes that is impossible to accomplish, we honor a reservation as a bed will always be guaranteed but is impossible to say than a group of 5 of more people will be always placed all together in the same room Although we will make sure that you bump with your friend everywhere in the premises.

I was a bit doubtful about staying at a place call Jungle Party but my friend recommend it so bad, I am glad I did listen to his advice. The place is great, great location, the set up is a combination of a nice chill hostel with a good bar, great music. Good areas to read, hammocks, bean bags, swings, swing beds..... I lay by the pool ledge for 3 days and had way too many margaritas. I will definitely come back here. Thank you guys.

• 3rd Jul 2015

So much fun.. We had a great afternoon in the terrace, volcano was erupting all afternoon!! the staff super friendly and helpful, location is awesome. This hostel keeps a good balance between a relax atmosphere and a party scenario, you can meet lots of cool local people and travelers. And the Showers.... just the showers make it itself a treat staying here.. those type of rain showers super hot, better than a 5 start hotel.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great hostel good shower and the staff help us in any thing we need !

Stayed there 3 yrs ago and had a great time then, so decided to go back. The place is completely renovated and done in a nice way. The loft is to basic for me but the rooms are really nice, spacious and big beds. The rooftop with bar, hangouts and sunpool is really great to hangout. Had a lot of fun with the laid back other travelers while its an easy place to make contact. The smoothies are awesome and so the breakfast, salads and pizza's too!

Beautiful terrace, hot(!) showers, great staff. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better hostel in Antigua. Great parties, great food, big clean beds. I didn't want to leave.

• 19th Jun 2015

Stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. The staff were friendly and had a good knowledge of activities in the area, offering a booking service that's the same prices as agencies in the street. The beds are clean, big and comfortable each with its own light and locker. Showers are the BEST in Guatemala, really hot with big shower heads. The atmosphere is great, I made some beautiful new friends here. But don't worry the party doesn't go all night so you get the best of both worlds.

Good wi fi! Always a bonus when travelling solo. The girls working there were not overly welcoming. Needs a girls dorm only! a very strange man was going to be put in the room with only me. Plenty of other beds available Luckily the night security guy was able to understand me and was happy to put the man elsewhere

We do not work with designated gender rooms unfortunately. If anyone behaves strangely we need to be notified immediately, is upon the guest to let us know so we can act on strange situations, which happens sometimes with so many people coming and going. As for the man you are talking about we had an autistic guess that stayed with us around the time you reserved. He was indeed a bit odd but harmless. Safe travels.

The common areas were very cold in the evening, and the lighting level so low it was impossible to sit and read. I was forced to go to my room and read in bed instead of sitting and reading with a beer. The sound insulation was non existent and the piped music went on until well passed midnight. I was looking forward to the delicious sounding breakfasts that the hostel restaurant offered but when I went to get breakfast, I was told that the restaurant was closed for breakfast.

Read the situation staff! When we were there no body was into the extremely loud music playing all day and night, turn it down till people want it. Wifi was average aswell.

This hostel was a bit of a let down - no free breakfast, slow wifi, no kitchen, no food and drinks from outside allowed and a pool that goes up to your ankles. The only good thing about this hostel is the exceptional staff members who go above and beyond to help you - reception, bar staff and cleaners.

This place should change its name. There is no party here at all. Atmosphere is dead and no one drinks here because the prices are ridiculous. Very misleading.