Kahumana Community Center - Waianae Reviews

86-660 Lualualei Homestead Road, Waianae, Honolulu, USA

This place is a great alternative to the madness of Waikiki, though you must have a car if you are going to stay here. It is quiet, and the scenery is postcard perfect. Shauntel in the office is friendly and accommodating. Also a great chance to see the Waianae coast, with some great beaches, beautiful sunsets, and some great hiking not overrun by tourists. This is the perfect budget friendly place to stay for those seeking the quieter side of Oahu.

Ididn;t actually there because there was no affordable transportation from the airport. I called to cancel upon my arrival - about 9 PM on Jan. 1, 2015. Only an answering available. I left the cancellation message; yet upon my return home I found that my credit card had been billed in full. I have previously stayed at a Honolulu hostel with satisfactory results. Not this out of the way one.

• 1st Jan 2015

It's a great location to getaway from the city!

Only there for two nights, should have participated in farming although did mingle with the farm hands. Overall pleasant experience. Would have been interesting to take the bus which stops right at entrance, but would have been limited in itinerary. Only one main highway to get there...but no worries, if you're stuck in traffic, just turn off to the beach and have fun till the traffic dies down. Didn't have to make any plans and had great time at hiking muddied trails at this time of year.

I can't fathom people who voted the place down on location. Did they only realise here that Waikiki beach is a bit of a walk? This place is FANTASTIC. It's a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle from Honolulu and the food in the cafe is simply DIVINE. I warmly recommend it to anybody visiting Oahu.

I stayed here September 13th, 2014 to September 17th. The hostel is situated on a peaceful, scenic organic farm. I stayed in a single room which was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The kitchen and bathrooms were also kept clean. I was there for work and had to commute back and forth between other parts of the island, which was inconvenient due to the horrible traffic situation near Honolulu. However, I highly recommend KCC if you're there for pleasure and can work around the traffic.

• 16th Sep 2014

Cute hostel, location wasn't great but the hourly bus stops right outside and is cheap. Very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was great!

• 12th Aug 2014