Kim Ngan Guesthouse Reviews

217/29 De Tham st, Pham Ngu Lao ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Mrs Kim was very kind to us. She gave us some advices and reminded us to always be aware of our luggage. She gave us a map too. The room was clean and the bed was big enough so actually, it could be used by 3 person. The environment was quiet at night because the location of this guesthouse was at the small street.

What a gem of a place justcant rave enough about it ideal location I know that it has recently gone under reconstruction and theyhave done a fine job the only small niggle was the lack os side cabinet or small table to put my laptop on

Surprisingly clean and comfy rooms in the dirty backpackers anthill. + located in the heart of backpackers district (if you badly want to be there). Madam Kim sends an email with a scheme map and directions to the guesthouse. In my case there was even an orderly lady from the hotel who tried to pick me up from the busy De Tham street, but as I did not expect such hospitality, it got an confusion: I took her for another beggar.. - very difficult to find. Staircase is very narrow and steep.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Russia

The moment we arrived they took us to another guest house named "Y Nhi guest house", also located in the small alleys between the main streets. The guest house was fine but we've had better quality rooms for a better price in the same area. Room is relatively clean (mopped floors but stains on the shutters and lots of dust on the lights). The owners were really nice and helpful.

The family was so sweet and lovely,especially the young boy running the front desk operations while we were there. His English was great. The place was very clean and felt very safe. I recommend staying here over the backpackers hostels if you have two to share a double twin room!

Great location, secured with a gate (you ring the doorbell when you need back in, as the owner lives there and will immediately answer and let you in). She was extremely sweet and very helpful with area information (I had a lot of questions!) and was very concerned about my safety and offered advice. Kinda like a little mom! The hostel was very clean and definitely worth the money.

I can not comment on this place because although I booked to stay here I was 'farmed out' to another guesthouse around the corner with no explanation given. only thing I can say is that the lane way in which it is in can be a little confusing on first arrival although it is close to where the bus stops.

Excellent value, great location, helpful staff. Recommend!

Great place to stay! Nice hot shower and strong wifi were wonderful. And Kim makes you feel right at home; she's very friendly and helpful, and glad to give you advice and help you with your travel plans. Location is also excellent - right in the middle of the backpacker area, very close to a lovely public park and within walking distances of a lot of the main sights. Would definitely stay here again!

Mrs. Kim is a very gracious host and speaks pretty good English. Every time I passed through her front room she was cleaning something...usually the beautiful marble floors...if not cooking for her family. Everything is absolutely SPOTLESS as is her gracious hospitality....you would think she was a SOUTHERNER! She even invited me to join her family in a very specially prepared Vietnamese meal...twice...brought or sent to me by her fine, gentleman grandson a bowl of fresh fruit each evening.

• 30th Nov 2013