King's Joy International Hostel Reviews

No. 81, Meishi St., Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

It is not hostel but hotel in very animated street close to tiannen square and 10 min from subway line2. Good value for money. Wi fi only available in lobby of the hotel.

This is a good value for the price, but this is not a hostel. This is a very big hotel, with some rooms where they put two bunkbeds (there is no 8 bed dorms, although you will get the 8 bed dorm price) and put a cheap price. So basically this is a nice clean and well located place, but do not expect to have a social life, to meet travelers or to party a little bit if this is what you are looking for. No hostel atmosphere at all.

직원은 착한데 진짜 잠만잘수있게 되어있어서 약간 갑갑했다 샤워실도 공용인데 샤워하는 칸이 따로있지만 실루엣이 문에 다 비친다. 이불에 머리카락이 많이 붙어있었다.

Staff is helpful and even if language barrier hits they will do everything possible to help. Location is fantastic and easy access to public transportation. Common areas do not exist which is the biggest flaw. Otherwise I can easily recommend this hostel.

This place is not a hostel, is a hotel but some rooms are shared with other people. Because of that, the atmosphere is not like in a normal hostel and there is no common areas to share experiences with other people. In addition, there is no WiFi in the rooms, only in the main hall, so sometimes is so busy that internet doesn´t work properly. The good point of this place is the location, because you can walk to the forbiden city and Tiananmen square but it doesn´t have anything more

I booked the hostel online but, when I showed up at the hostel they told me my friend and I couldn't both stay in the hostel mixed dorms because they were only for foreigners and my friend is Chinese. So, I had to book a private room which cost a lot more(368RMB for 2 people instead of 70RMB per person) . I would have looked around for another place if I would have known it was going to cost so much more.

air conditioner so terrible i'm so hot.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Extremely loud at all hours by domestic tourists of all ages. Chinese families literally yelling in Mandarin up and down the halls, in the common areas, and across the floors, with zero interest by the staff to tell the families to shut the hell up. I had to keep opening my room door to make the "ssshhh" sound and point to the numerous hallway signs that instruct in both English and Mandarin to be quiet. Even worse, though, is internet is only available in the lobby! No Wi-Fi in the rooms!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I had a broken toilet in my room I could not turn air confitioner up.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It is actually a hotel is couple of drom.. So you don't get that atmosphere but it is very close to center of city so may be you can try.

This is more of a hotel with just more basic rooms on the top floor for hostel goers. The room was fine, but air con did not work!! The tourist info desk was rarely tended and with non english speakers. Its location was fine, but we later stayed in a much better hostel with better location for the same price. Perfectly fine really, just very poor value for money.

Staffs were not kind

Well the name is a bit of a lie, it's a hotel, not a hostel. So I was a little disappointed when there wasn't any kind of western food, or common area where I could meet other traveling foreigners. As a hotel, it's really good, especially given the price and location. The bed was ridiculously comfortable which is amazing in China. Luckily, it's near two hostels so I got my Bacon cheeseburger fixes there.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • loken83

It's NOT a hostel, but a hotel, feebly attempting to transform some of its regular suites into dorms EXCLUSIVELY by replacing the regular with bunk beds. The rooms are CLASSICALLY furnished, offering very EFFECTIVE and EASILY adjustable air conditioning, integrated in the ceiling. SADLY they lack any lockable spaces, which are however AVAILABLE, smallish in dimensions, for a modest fee of 1¥ / storing. WI-FI is LIMITED to lobby. What's good the location is SUPERB and luggage storage room SECURE.

-Clean room with functioning hairdryer and television -Bedding was comfortable and sheets were not stained or torn

The staff was really rude. They are not a hostel. It's cheap and in a good location but that's about all.

it wasn't a hostel actually, just a hotel with dorm rooms. so facilities were a bit better than an usual hostel, but the place was boring. still really good, if you'll only go there for the shower

Nice clean hostel but a bit too far from the subway station.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mongolia

This is my third time staying at King's Joy. That speaks for itself. The location is amazing, just down the street from tian'anmen square and has a metro station nearby. I will stay again next time I'm in Beijing.

• 3rd Jul 2014

First off, this is NOT a hostel. It's a hotel. But i was looking for some time alone and privacy so it was great value for me. Staff arent the best but okay. Not very friendly but not rude as well. However, their laundry facility was down the entire time i was there (3days) so that was a bummer