King's Joy International Hostel Reviews

No. 81, Meishi St., Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

This is a great place to stay if you want to be in a good location, have a clean room, and staff who speak English. It is not a place to stay to meet people. One weakness is that the only place they have internet access is in their lobby and they don't have enough comfortable chairs for everyone. It would be a nicer place if they had internet access in the rooms, and a cafe that was open until late at night for people to meet. However; I have stayed there several times and hope to return!

Actually I never was able to stay at King Joy's International due to the fact that they were canceling my reservation because I had arrived there later than mentioned. If you cancel pls contact in advance via phone or write an email. Or Mention while booking that it will canceled if you arrive afterwards. It felt pretty unimportant to fill it out... and travel plans change fast...in my case due to a late train and wrong street shown in navigation system.

• 2nd Oct 2014

The location is perfect, the room was spacious and tidy and is defenetely worth the price.

• 2nd Oct 2014

My rating is based on what it is - a hostel - not what would be the most amazing stay ever (a 5 star hotel.) That being said our bathroom was better than several three star hotels we've stayed in. The shower was enclosed and the door sealed and didn't pour water all over the floor. The major frustration was that there was a TV but no towels or hot water kettle. I would have preferred to skip the TV and had the towels and kettle. I didn't go to Beijing to watch TV! The location was awesome.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Girlfriend was bitten by bed bugs all over her body, rubbish was left in room by previous visitors and not cleaned. Manager was rude and unhelpful. Very disappointed

• South Africa

The staff were confused by the fact that we were booked in to two different dorm rooms, due to lack of avaiblabe spaces in the cheap rooms for two people. The staff woke my friend up at 1am in the morning saying that he should not be in the room, forced him to pack up and leave. When they then made it down to reception and checked the booking they realised their mistake and let him go back upstairs, they did not even really apologise.

It's not a hostel but a big hotel. Apart from this, location is fine, rooms comfortable.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Poland

This is such a nice hostel!! Would highly recommend. The only problem was that there's a lot of traffic in the area so it's really hard to get taxis..but we managed.

• 30th Sep 2014

The hostel was very noisy. People we're shouting over the hallways all night long. Don't forget your earplugs!

During our stay they more than doubled the seats in the lobby, wich was good since is was the only place we had wifi. Not all of the staff spoke english, but most of them did.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel is good for couple days.

It is not hostel but hotel in very animated street close to tiannen square and 10 min from subway line2. Good value for money. Wi fi only available in lobby of the hotel.

This is a good value for the price, but this is not a hostel. This is a very big hotel, with some rooms where they put two bunkbeds (there is no 8 bed dorms, although you will get the 8 bed dorm price) and put a cheap price. So basically this is a nice clean and well located place, but do not expect to have a social life, to meet travelers or to party a little bit if this is what you are looking for. No hostel atmosphere at all.

It's actually a hotel, so don't expect a hostel atmosphere. Nice location, but no WiFi in the rooms, no nice common area to hang out, and not so clean as Chinese hotel guests were smoking and spitting everywhere :p

직원은 착한데 진짜 잠만잘수있게 되어있어서 약간 갑갑했다 샤워실도 공용인데 샤워하는 칸이 따로있지만 실루엣이 문에 다 비친다. 이불에 머리카락이 많이 붙어있었다.

As I think other reviewers have mentioned this isn't a hostel, rather a budget hotel with some rooms that have been made into dorms. Backpacker style facilities such as 6th floor lounge closed 'temporarily' a year ago and don't seem likely to return. Wifi only in lobby but works well there. Shop off lobby expensive for basic snacks but can be helpful for things like train bookings.

• 4th Sep 2014

Staff is helpful and even if language barrier hits they will do everything possible to help. Location is fantastic and easy access to public transportation. Common areas do not exist which is the biggest flaw. Otherwise I can easily recommend this hostel.

This place is not a hostel, is a hotel but some rooms are shared with other people. Because of that, the atmosphere is not like in a normal hostel and there is no common areas to share experiences with other people. In addition, there is no WiFi in the rooms, only in the main hall, so sometimes is so busy that internet doesn´t work properly. The good point of this place is the location, because you can walk to the forbiden city and Tiananmen square but it doesn´t have anything more

I booked the hostel online but, when I showed up at the hostel they told me my friend and I couldn't both stay in the hostel mixed dorms because they were only for foreigners and my friend is Chinese. So, I had to book a private room which cost a lot more(368RMB for 2 people instead of 70RMB per person) . I would have looked around for another place if I would have known it was going to cost so much more.

air conditioner so terrible i'm so hot.

• 5th Aug 2014