King's Joy International Hostel Reviews

No. 81, Meishi St., Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

Extremely loud at all hours by domestic tourists of all ages. Chinese families literally yelling in Mandarin up and down the halls, in the common areas, and across the floors, with zero interest by the staff to tell the families to shut the hell up. I had to keep opening my room door to make the "ssshhh" sound and point to the numerous hallway signs that instruct in both English and Mandarin to be quiet. Even worse, though, is internet is only available in the lobby! No Wi-Fi in the rooms!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I had a broken toilet in my room I could not turn air confitioner up.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It is actually a hotel is couple of drom.. So you don't get that atmosphere but it is very close to center of city so may be you can try.

This is more of a hotel with just more basic rooms on the top floor for hostel goers. The room was fine, but air con did not work!! The tourist info desk was rarely tended and with non english speakers. Its location was fine, but we later stayed in a much better hostel with better location for the same price. Perfectly fine really, just very poor value for money.

Staffs were not kind

Well the name is a bit of a lie, it's a hotel, not a hostel. So I was a little disappointed when there wasn't any kind of western food, or common area where I could meet other traveling foreigners. As a hotel, it's really good, especially given the price and location. The bed was ridiculously comfortable which is amazing in China. Luckily, it's near two hostels so I got my Bacon cheeseburger fixes there.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • loken83

It's NOT a hostel, but a hotel, feebly attempting to transform some of its regular suites into dorms EXCLUSIVELY by replacing the regular with bunk beds. The rooms are CLASSICALLY furnished, offering very EFFECTIVE and EASILY adjustable air conditioning, integrated in the ceiling. SADLY they lack any lockable spaces, which are however AVAILABLE, smallish in dimensions, for a modest fee of 1¥ / storing. WI-FI is LIMITED to lobby. What's good the location is SUPERB and luggage storage room SECURE.

-Clean room with functioning hairdryer and television -Bedding was comfortable and sheets were not stained or torn

The staff was really rude. They are not a hostel. It's cheap and in a good location but that's about all.

it wasn't a hostel actually, just a hotel with dorm rooms. so facilities were a bit better than an usual hostel, but the place was boring. still really good, if you'll only go there for the shower

Nice clean hostel but a bit too far from the subway station.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mongolia

This is my third time staying at King's Joy. That speaks for itself. The location is amazing, just down the street from tian'anmen square and has a metro station nearby. I will stay again next time I'm in Beijing.

• 3rd Jul 2014

First off, this is NOT a hostel. It's a hotel. But i was looking for some time alone and privacy so it was great value for me. Staff arent the best but okay. Not very friendly but not rude as well. However, their laundry facility was down the entire time i was there (3days) so that was a bummer

This is not what it advertised! It is a grim, cement block hotel with no atmosphere, bar or clean rooms. We were meant to stay here for the last 4 nights of our trip but when we turned up and realised it was way below what we had asked for, we moved to the Leo Hostel Beijing. In short, our room was dirty and stank of smoke. The bar they advertise had been closed since Oct '13 and there were hardly any other travellers. The staff were unhelpful but we did finally get a refund. STAY AWAY!!!!

First, it is not a hostel! Forget the youth traveler's atmosphere because there isn't. Perfect position, close to tiananmen, but nothing particular about the structure. I asked to keep the room 1h more (1 HOUR) cause I needed to get a shower and the answer has been: "you have to pay if you keep the room longer". Thanks guys, next time in Beijing I'll choose one of the amazing hostel I visited during my stay there! Cheers

Nice place doesn't really feel like a hostel in the sense where you can easily meet new people. The only place you can access the wifi is in the reception and with only a handful of chairs you may find yourself having to stand up. Having said that though the location is great and really easy to find. Ans the hostel was clean and the room I stayed in was good value for money. Great for if you want an early start in the morning as the subway is so close.

This is more a hotel than a hostel-don't expect staff to help you very much or meet many other backpackers

1 2 Next » last »