King's Joy International Hostel Reviews

No. 81, Meishi St., Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

This is not what it advertised! It is a grim, cement block hotel with no atmosphere, bar or clean rooms. We were meant to stay here for the last 4 nights of our trip but when we turned up and realised it was way below what we had asked for, we moved to the Leo Hostel Beijing. In short, our room was dirty and stank of smoke. The bar they advertise had been closed since Oct '13 and there were hardly any other travellers. The staff were unhelpful but we did finally get a refund. STAY AWAY!!!!

First, it is not a hostel! Forget the youth traveler's atmosphere because there isn't. Perfect position, close to tiananmen, but nothing particular about the structure. I asked to keep the room 1h more (1 HOUR) cause I needed to get a shower and the answer has been: "you have to pay if you keep the room longer". Thanks guys, next time in Beijing I'll choose one of the amazing hostel I visited during my stay there! Cheers

Nice place doesn't really feel like a hostel in the sense where you can easily meet new people. The only place you can access the wifi is in the reception and with only a handful of chairs you may find yourself having to stand up. Having said that though the location is great and really easy to find. Ans the hostel was clean and the room I stayed in was good value for money. Great for if you want an early start in the morning as the subway is so close.

This is more a hotel than a hostel-don't expect staff to help you very much or meet many other backpackers

I went to Beijing to extend my passport in the Indonesian Embassy and stayed for only a night in this place based on my friend's recommendation. Turns out it was really great, the location is very strategic, it's located right beside Qianmen Avenue, a favourite tourist destination and only 5-10 minutes walk to Qianmen MRT station. The room was spacious and clean, the bathroom is inside the room, and the price is really good. The only bummer was that you can't use Wifi inside your room.

• 7th May 2014
  • Indonesia

This is a hotel, not a hostel, and definitely not backpackers place. The only thing that I can complain at, is that they do not have wifi in the room, just in lobby, everything else is ok.

Staff barely speak English. Roof terrace is advertised in the website but it is out since October 2013! Same applies to the Internet cafe. No information centre in the hostel, no willingness to help either. No chill out area, so if you are looking for a hostel feeling atmosphere, you can forget about it here! No train/bus ticket sale available in the hostel. No idea of where stations are neither! Avoid at all cost!!

위치도 좋고 저렴한데 바로 옆이 공사판이라 좀 시끄러웠어요ㅜ_ㅜ