King's Joy International Hostel Reviews

No. 81, Meishi St., Xuanwu District, Beijing, China

This place is not a hostel, is a hotel but some rooms are shared with other people. Because of that, the atmosphere is not like in a normal hostel and there is no common areas to share experiences with other people. In addition, there is no WiFi in the rooms, only in the main hall, so sometimes is so busy that internet doesn´t work properly. The good point of this place is the location, because you can walk to the forbiden city and Tiananmen square but it doesn´t have anything more

I booked the hostel online but, when I showed up at the hostel they told me my friend and I couldn't both stay in the hostel mixed dorms because they were only for foreigners and my friend is Chinese. So, I had to book a private room which cost a lot more(368RMB for 2 people instead of 70RMB per person) . I would have looked around for another place if I would have known it was going to cost so much more.

air conditioner so terrible i'm so hot.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Extremely loud at all hours by domestic tourists of all ages. Chinese families literally yelling in Mandarin up and down the halls, in the common areas, and across the floors, with zero interest by the staff to tell the families to shut the hell up. I had to keep opening my room door to make the "ssshhh" sound and point to the numerous hallway signs that instruct in both English and Mandarin to be quiet. Even worse, though, is internet is only available in the lobby! No Wi-Fi in the rooms!

• 2nd Aug 2014

I had a broken toilet in my room I could not turn air confitioner up.

• 31st Jul 2014