May De Ville Backpackers Hostel Reviews

1 Hai Tuong Lane, 24 Ta Hien str,Hoan Kien District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Once I figured out where exactly it was, I realized it was perfectly located within walking distinct of (mostly) everything Hanoi has to offer. The beds were amazingly comfortable, which I found as a relief compared to my experiences in Asia where the beds are generally as hard as the floor. All in all, I enjoyed my time here!

Cold, damp rooms crammed with too many beds, filthy, smelly sheets, terrible bathroom and very unhelpful staff that had the nerve to ask money for towels and overcharge the taxi to the airport. I honestly don't know why somebody would give this hostel an award, let alone an excellency award. The worst place I've been to in SE Asia

Dear Maja & All reader. Thanks for posting a review on hostel. This review is not true, i will explain to all the reader. At the check-in time, i am the person take you have look the room & check-in dorm room. You said to us is lovely dorm , comfortable & no problem. The cab pick up or drop off is 18$/ 4 seats private or 23 usd / 7 seats private car ( this price for all of hotel in Hanoi offer is the same price ) Hope everyone read my respone is clear the review & understand this solution

The staff were great, and the whole experience was perfect - I'll be returning.

The location is perfect, staffs were so kind and the breakfast was good enough. We were female backpackers and stayed there for 3 nights, 2 in dorm and 1 in private room. The thing that i liked the most about this hotel

The best part of this hostel was definitely the location, right on the street with all the bia hoi bars, we really enjoyed going out every night and being so close to our hostel. In general, the dorms and the breakfast were pretty average but for such a good price this was an excellent choice.

It is not quite clear from the website that a lot of private rooms don't have a window or a view of another building about 1m away

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Would not go back to may de ville. It was cheap and there is free breakfast but not the best experience. The rooms were clean enough and the beds were comfortable but the bathroom door did not lock (it's like a swinging door into a shop). One of the guests in the room was the most ignorant person I have come across. The wifi didn't work and the computers in the lobby suck. They lost our washing and even tho they managed to find it the staff dealt with it appallingly.

Good breakfast included. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, but this place has a hotel feel to it rather than a hostel. no real atmosphere for your average backpacker. good location and helpful staff

This place is more like hotel than a hostel, it's a great value! The common room is relaxing, they are very helpful with tours (I did Halong Bay and the opened bus) and it was a great experience. They have buffet breakfast, the rooms are super clean, it's overall great!

Nice and clean, but seems more a hotel than a hostel. Great breakfast included

What a bargain! This place is absolutely great value for money and the staff are very helpful. Highly recommend!

This is now like an hotel than a hostel, very quiet and clean but hard to meet people. PRICES ON HOSTELWORLD DIFFER FROM ON-LOCATION. It was still affordable, just frustrating.

Great location in the heart of the old quarter and its cheap. It is a mix of a hotel and hostel though and doesnt have a hostel feel. Entertainment area was empty for the most part which makes it difficult to meet people.

Really good stay here. The staff were excellent throughout. They're all very friendly and organised transfers, trips and even our onward travel. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm which was clean as was the bathroom. Really good VFM.

Location is quite good. Close to (right in the center of) the old quarter and you can walk to most museums. Many bats and street restaurants nearby. Staff was ok in their English. But interpretations is needed. Room was very nice, the a/c was not to cold and the bed was very good. They had big lockers. The bathroom was ok, no locks, but not really needed. A bit tight space but nothing really to complain about. Breakfast was ok. Their toys might be more expensive than others.

Horribly rude staff. To busy playing on there smart phones or computers to give a damn about being helpful. Don't book tours or train tickets with them as the mark up is pretty substantial. Go to the train station and buy your ticket there and save yourself 15-20 bucks. Bed sheets are stained from God knows what and there is mold in the bathrooms. The location is the only thing this place has going for it.

Dear all reader in the world. Thanks for wrote a review on hostel. Totally, the guest do not come to check-in & stay at May De Ville Backpackers Hostel. That`s mean the guest can not wrote review on hostel.com. The review from some other hostel book our hostel and try to wrote bad review for May De Ville Hostel. Hope all reader know this information. This is not review from guest stay with us. Manager of May De Ville Backpackers Hostel.

Not a Backpackers, it's a hotel. Not good for meeting people.

The best thing about this hostel is its location. It's right in the middle of the Old Quarter, which is convenient if you're looking to shop at markets, find both touristy and street food, and go to bars. Its downside is that it doesn't really have a common area where backpackers can gather, even though it advertises a game room. No one was in there when we stayed. The dorm rooms are really awkwardly shaped--long

The staff was way too pushy on what I should do in Hanoi. They basically were about to book all these trips for me without even asking if that was what I wanted to do. I can't stand when staff are trying to sell trips left and right without even asking the customer what they want.

Great hotel in small Hanoi Ally. Very impressive for dorm room hostel. Breakfast included and good wifi. Close to everything in old quarter.