May De Ville Backpackers Hostel Reviews

1 Hai Tuong Lane, 24 Ta Hien str,Hoan Kien District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Location=amazing. Big-size lockers in the dorm room. 6-bed dorm room is very NARROW and people are staying one upon the other. As everywhere in Hanoi, they make their best to ripf you off with a touring office just next to the reception and with every other "service" they "offer" you. BEWARE of airport taxi-service: 1st price in the street in 12$, hostel's 1st price about 18$ and then "offer" to 15$ while you can just 10-min walk to the bus station (they say it's 20min) to 0,5$ public bus 17!

Love this hostel! Extremely nice and helpful staff, booked several tours and busses, trains etc. with them and never got disappointed. Great breakfast buffet on the 9th floor. The dorms as well as private rooms are well equipped and clean. The hostel is located in the Old Quarter, very good location. Very good price for what you get. Would definitely come back to May De Ville Hanoi :)

This hostel is under construction, so the free breakfast is served along a corridor. Also the water is cut off at least once a day. We also had issues with the toilet and shower on separate occasions. The rooms were tiny with uncomfortable beds. The staff were quite rude. Did not enjoy the stay here at all.

• 19th Jul 2015

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this must have caused you. Every effort is made to ensure that our Guests receive the very best service. Our management is working deeply in the noise matter of the construction site next door and we step by step improved it. They almost completed the hard thing of the construction, it is only have soft thing left now. We also work closely with them to make sure it will not affect our guest anymore. We are looking forward to welcome you .

Best value for money in the Old Quarter. Rooms were a good size, beds are comfy. A/C works great. The room we were in smelled a bit musty from the humidity, but overall it was a good room. They are doing some construction currently, I think on the top floor for the restaurant? So hopefully the breakfast buffet will improve when that's done. Staff was good to organize transfers. If you are a budget traveler wanting a private room, this is a good option for you.

The hostel was clean and dorms okay but the environment was not good. No common area except the lobby and the dorms were hard to move on because of such little space. The water was cut off and no warning so I couldn't shower. Also- construction happening all the time. Some staff were friendly. Others very rude and seemed bothered if I had a question.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Definitely a good place for the price - I stayed in the mixed dorm for two nights. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was free and simply amazing. The only problem I had was poor internet connection. I was promised a different room, but was never allocated one. Overall, my experience was good.

Breakfast wasn't great and there was no lock on the door of the bathroom in the dorm. Also lots of work going on in the hotel at the moment which was a bit annoying. Most staff were helpful and the location is brilliant!

Fantastic place! More like a hotel - very clean, helpful staff, amazing buffet breakfast! No common/ bar or social area so if you want a party place this isn't it, but we loved it. We would stay again!

Good breakfast included in the price. Good location for majority of sights and restaurants / bars. Helpful staff. Laundry service offered.

Very pleasant staff! Upon booking with HW, the staff at May De Ville contacted me with a nice warm welcome and offered to help my 5 friends and I get a ride from the airport into Hanoi. When we arrived, they were very kind and had a room cleaned for us so that we could check in earlier. The rooms were basic and clean. The free breakfast was really nice with a great variety of food. We also booked our Halong Bay trip with them. Overall a nice experience. Good price and great location. Thank you!

Nice hostel but very hard to meet other travellers. There is no common room or social area but the hostel is good if you want peace and a good sleep.

Advantage: good location, near old quarter sightseeing street, local style bars, restaurant. Free buffet breakfast with fruits, meat, noodle. Clean bed sheet. Cheap price for dorm Disadvantages: dorm room near street, noisy, because of humid, something on the wall and toilet

More of hotel than a hostel, so if you're looking for a bit of luxury on a budget, this place is ideal. The free breakfast is buffet style and very varied, the Wifi seemed good, there are computers you can use downstairs, but no chill out area (it's on the second floor, but was under construction when we stayed). Great spot in the Old Quarter, right by Bia Hoi Corner

Stayed here twice, both times in dorms. First time no complaints and excellent value for money as rates include breakfast. Second time bed sheets were dirty and bathroom smelt bad (different dorm). Staff were friendly the first time but second time when I had a problem I felt they didn't really care and reluctant to solve my issue.