May De Ville Backpackers Hostel Reviews

1 Hai Tuong Lane, 24 Ta Hien str,Hoan Kien District, Hanoi, Vietnam

I wasn't impressed by this place. The room was stuffy and there was mold on my bedding and I could smell my linen never properly dried... The locker didn't work and the bathroom doesn't have a lock. The breakfast was amazing though!

Stayed one might end route to Halong, glad it was only one night. Cockroach ran across lobby, shower was gross and bathroom small. Bad wifi outside of lobby. Passable breakfast too. Dorms are a tad cramped, no outlets by bed. Great location to Old Quarter bars and activity.

We enjoyed our time in Hanoi. We booked a trip through the hostel and it was good enough for us to be happy with, but I was very uncomfortable booking it because the staff felt sort of pushy. The staff speaks pretty good English, though they act like they are more help than they are. There was some mold in our room because Hanoi is incredibly humid. But for the price and location - I'd stay there again.

The Hostel was really good, clean and in a perfect location. Actually my room didn't have the safe box, because they were repearing it, but you can keep your money directly in the room, no risk. I really recommend this place

Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Really nice, clean, close to the old quarter but hard to meet people as there isn't really a common area. Still stayed here for longer than planned and remains a good choice in the convenient old quarter.

Once I figured out where exactly it was, I realized it was perfectly located within walking distinct of (mostly) everything Hanoi has to offer. The beds were amazingly comfortable, which I found as a relief compared to my experiences in Asia where the beds are generally as hard as the floor. All in all, I enjoyed my time here!

Cold, damp rooms crammed with too many beds, filthy, smelly sheets, terrible bathroom and very unhelpful staff that had the nerve to ask money for towels and overcharge the taxi to the airport. I honestly don't know why somebody would give this hostel an award, let alone an excellency award. The worst place I've been to in SE Asia

Dear Maja & All reader. Thanks for posting a review on hostel. This review is not true, i will explain to all the reader. At the check-in time, i am the person take you have look the room & check-in dorm room. You said to us is lovely dorm , comfortable & no problem. The cab pick up or drop off is 18$/ 4 seats private or 23 usd / 7 seats private car ( this price for all of hotel in Hanoi offer is the same price ) Hope everyone read my respone is clear the review & understand this solution

The staff were great, and the whole experience was perfect - I'll be returning.

The location is perfect, staffs were so kind and the breakfast was good enough. We were female backpackers and stayed there for 3 nights, 2 in dorm and 1 in private room. The thing that i liked the most about this hotel

The best part of this hostel was definitely the location, right on the street with all the bia hoi bars, we really enjoyed going out every night and being so close to our hostel. In general, the dorms and the breakfast were pretty average but for such a good price this was an excellent choice.

It is not quite clear from the website that a lot of private rooms don't have a window or a view of another building about 1m away

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Would not go back to may de ville. It was cheap and there is free breakfast but not the best experience. The rooms were clean enough and the beds were comfortable but the bathroom door did not lock (it's like a swinging door into a shop). One of the guests in the room was the most ignorant person I have come across. The wifi didn't work and the computers in the lobby suck. They lost our washing and even tho they managed to find it the staff dealt with it appallingly.

Good breakfast included. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, but this place has a hotel feel to it rather than a hostel. no real atmosphere for your average backpacker. good location and helpful staff

This place is more like hotel than a hostel, it's a great value! The common room is relaxing, they are very helpful with tours (I did Halong Bay and the opened bus) and it was a great experience. They have buffet breakfast, the rooms are super clean, it's overall great!

Nice and clean, but seems more a hotel than a hostel. Great breakfast included

What a bargain! This place is absolutely great value for money and the staff are very helpful. Highly recommend!

This is now like an hotel than a hostel, very quiet and clean but hard to meet people. PRICES ON HOSTELWORLD DIFFER FROM ON-LOCATION. It was still affordable, just frustrating.

Great location in the heart of the old quarter and its cheap. It is a mix of a hotel and hostel though and doesnt have a hostel feel. Entertainment area was empty for the most part which makes it difficult to meet people.

Really good stay here. The staff were excellent throughout. They're all very friendly and organised transfers, trips and even our onward travel. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm which was clean as was the bathroom. Really good VFM.

Location is quite good. Close to (right in the center of) the old quarter and you can walk to most museums. Many bats and street restaurants nearby. Staff was ok in their English. But interpretations is needed. Room was very nice, the a/c was not to cold and the bed was very good. They had big lockers. The bathroom was ok, no locks, but not really needed. A bit tight space but nothing really to complain about. Breakfast was ok. Their toys might be more expensive than others.