May De Ville Backpackers Hostel Reviews

1 Hai Tuong Lane, 24 Ta Hien str,Hoan Kien District, Hanoi, Vietnam

great staff, location, and really nice ensuite bathroom. loved it

• 21st Aug 2014

we ended up getting upgraded to another May De Ville around the corner from the backpackers which was 4 star! The staff were amazing and went above and beyond for everything we asked. would highly recommend the May De Ville on Gia Ngu street in the old quater !

Really nice rooms and really good for value we booked our halong boat trip with them and it was great :)

A decent hostel with a great location. Rooms very smart and clean. Breakfast was decent enough. Didn't have time to check out the games room but it certainly sounded popular.

I enjoyed my stay with Maydeville. I love that the hotel is right in the middle of the Hanoi action. I was pleasantly surprised that I got so much value for my money. To be honest, it was my first time to stay in a hostel for a trip abroad, I didn't expect that the facilities would be comparable to a good hotel. The room was clean and adequately furnished. The toilet was spotless and the hostel staff were friendly and efficient. Will definitely recommend it to friends traveling to Vietnam.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Clean rooms although layout meant limited space. Staff tried to make you book on their tours and were pushy but when my friend left her phone they were really helpful and kept it safe for her. Breakfast was nice. We didn't use their movie room or pool table. Location was great in center of old quarter. Overall nice hostel with hotel feel.

Good location, very clean, buffet breakfast included. Only thing, dormitory very small, room looks like a corridor... But still a nice place to stay.

Super nice place! Our bed was super comfy and the room was clean. Breakfast was above standard, and the staff were all friendly. We booked a tour and our night bus with them and were disappointed with what we ended up with; a common theme in SE asia, and not their fault directly.

Mostly very good, poor exchange rate on my Aussie $.. And a very damp room..Mold and smelly..

5 $/night for dorm + good breakfat sounds great. Yes, it's quite cheap place to stay comparing to what you get - good bed, clean room with ac, travel desk, good location etc. But! The toilet & bath-rooms are weird!!! I mean it's not smart to do the toilet/bathroom doors without lockers and the wall made of glass is not good as well. You should change these 2 weaknesses. Everything else is good :)

Great hostel! Only minus was that the room was so narrow.

Loved this place, arrived after spending a few more uncomfortable nights in Laos hostels and stayed in the private room. Couldn't have asked for more, the bathroom was lovely, nice strong hot shower and the bed was massive in our room. Booked a Halong bay tour through the hotel and stayed in the dorms when we got back. Internet is a bit choppy but fast when it is working. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling in Hanoi.

I ww looking for a chilled-out hostel and intending to do my partying elsewhere, and that's what I got. The lounge area is great for chilling in and staff are helpful with booking onward travel. The place is quiet when you want to sleep. Beds are flimsy though, so a restless bunkmate means little sleep...

All in all great location, very clean, helpful staff, enough computers for a change and nice breakfast. It is not really Backpackers-like though; moroever a hotel with bunkbeds. Or a hostel with marble floor and no socializing. If you want a clean bed in a good location- that's your place!