May De Ville Backpackers Hostel Reviews

1 Hai Tuong Lane, 24 Ta Hien str,Hoan Kien District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Best value for money in the Old Quarter. Rooms were a good size, beds are comfy. A/C works great. The room we were in smelled a bit musty from the humidity, but overall it was a good room. They are doing some construction currently, I think on the top floor for the restaurant? So hopefully the breakfast buffet will improve when that's done. Staff was good to organize transfers. If you are a budget traveler wanting a private room, this is a good option for you.

• 28th Jun 2015

The hostel was clean and dorms okay but the environment was not good. No common area except the lobby and the dorms were hard to move on because of such little space. The water was cut off and no warning so I couldn't shower. Also- construction happening all the time. Some staff were friendly. Others very rude and seemed bothered if I had a question.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Definitely a good place for the price - I stayed in the mixed dorm for two nights. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was free and simply amazing. The only problem I had was poor internet connection. I was promised a different room, but was never allocated one. Overall, my experience was good.

Breakfast wasn't great and there was no lock on the door of the bathroom in the dorm. Also lots of work going on in the hotel at the moment which was a bit annoying. Most staff were helpful and the location is brilliant!

Fantastic place! More like a hotel - very clean, helpful staff, amazing buffet breakfast! No common/ bar or social area so if you want a party place this isn't it, but we loved it. We would stay again!

Good breakfast included in the price. Good location for majority of sights and restaurants / bars. Helpful staff. Laundry service offered.

Very pleasant staff! Upon booking with HW, the staff at May De Ville contacted me with a nice warm welcome and offered to help my 5 friends and I get a ride from the airport into Hanoi. When we arrived, they were very kind and had a room cleaned for us so that we could check in earlier. The rooms were basic and clean. The free breakfast was really nice with a great variety of food. We also booked our Halong Bay trip with them. Overall a nice experience. Good price and great location. Thank you!

Nice hostel but very hard to meet other travellers. There is no common room or social area but the hostel is good if you want peace and a good sleep.

Advantage: good location, near old quarter sightseeing street, local style bars, restaurant. Free buffet breakfast with fruits, meat, noodle. Clean bed sheet. Cheap price for dorm Disadvantages: dorm room near street, noisy, because of humid, something on the wall and toilet

More of hotel than a hostel, so if you're looking for a bit of luxury on a budget, this place is ideal. The free breakfast is buffet style and very varied, the Wifi seemed good, there are computers you can use downstairs, but no chill out area (it's on the second floor, but was under construction when we stayed). Great spot in the Old Quarter, right by Bia Hoi Corner

Stayed here twice, both times in dorms. First time no complaints and excellent value for money as rates include breakfast. Second time bed sheets were dirty and bathroom smelt bad (different dorm). Staff were friendly the first time but second time when I had a problem I felt they didn't really care and reluctant to solve my issue.

I wasn't impressed by this place. The room was stuffy and there was mold on my bedding and I could smell my linen never properly dried... The locker didn't work and the bathroom doesn't have a lock. The breakfast was amazing though!

Advertised on website laptop in room and cinema room plus pool table room not at all true! Reception staff were great so was the tour booking in the reception only to find out on much bus from Hanoi to hue that I got charged 25$us more then EVERYONE else on the bus wasn't happy about that so avoide booking here plenty of good places on the streets! :-)

Stayed one might end route to Halong, glad it was only one night. Cockroach ran across lobby, shower was gross and bathroom small. Bad wifi outside of lobby. Passable breakfast too. Dorms are a tad cramped, no outlets by bed. Great location to Old Quarter bars and activity.

We enjoyed our time in Hanoi. We booked a trip through the hostel and it was good enough for us to be happy with, but I was very uncomfortable booking it because the staff felt sort of pushy. The staff speaks pretty good English, though they act like they are more help than they are. There was some mold in our room because Hanoi is incredibly humid. But for the price and location - I'd stay there again.

The Hostel was really good, clean and in a perfect location. Actually my room didn't have the safe box, because they were repearing it, but you can keep your money directly in the room, no risk. I really recommend this place

Feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Really nice, clean, close to the old quarter but hard to meet people as there isn't really a common area. Still stayed here for longer than planned and remains a good choice in the convenient old quarter.

Once I figured out where exactly it was, I realized it was perfectly located within walking distinct of (mostly) everything Hanoi has to offer. The beds were amazingly comfortable, which I found as a relief compared to my experiences in Asia where the beds are generally as hard as the floor. All in all, I enjoyed my time here!

Cold, damp rooms crammed with too many beds, filthy, smelly sheets, terrible bathroom and very unhelpful staff that had the nerve to ask money for towels and overcharge the taxi to the airport. I honestly don't know why somebody would give this hostel an award, let alone an excellency award. The worst place I've been to in SE Asia

Dear Maja & All reader. Thanks for posting a review on hostel. This review is not true, i will explain to all the reader. At the check-in time, i am the person take you have look the room & check-in dorm room. You said to us is lovely dorm , comfortable & no problem. The cab pick up or drop off is 18$/ 4 seats private or 23 usd / 7 seats private car ( this price for all of hotel in Hanoi offer is the same price ) Hope everyone read my respone is clear the review & understand this solution

The staff were great, and the whole experience was perfect - I'll be returning.