May De Ville Backpackers Hostel Reviews

1 Hai Tuong Lane, 24 Ta Hien str,Hoan Kien District, Hanoi, Vietnam

Nice hostel, clean, superb location, and really good breakfast. I missed a bit social activity, theres not really a room to meet people, nor any pubcrawls. Take care when booking thru their travel agent in the lobby, for example i payed 100USD for a 2 day Halong aby trip, whereas on the same boat there were ppl who payed 60 USD thru another travel agency.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Most hotel-like hostel I've ever stayed in, nice and clean, free breakfast is great and really helpful travel service to help book extra trips or plan the rest of your journey. Brilliant location in the middle of the old town.

great staff, location, and really nice ensuite bathroom. loved it

• 21st Aug 2014

we ended up getting upgraded to another May De Ville around the corner from the backpackers which was 4 star! The staff were amazing and went above and beyond for everything we asked. would highly recommend the May De Ville on Gia Ngu street in the old quater !

Really nice rooms and really good for value we booked our halong boat trip with them and it was great :)

A decent hostel with a great location. Rooms very smart and clean. Breakfast was decent enough. Didn't have time to check out the games room but it certainly sounded popular.

I enjoyed my stay with Maydeville. I love that the hotel is right in the middle of the Hanoi action. I was pleasantly surprised that I got so much value for my money. To be honest, it was my first time to stay in a hostel for a trip abroad, I didn't expect that the facilities would be comparable to a good hotel. The room was clean and adequately furnished. The toilet was spotless and the hostel staff were friendly and efficient. Will definitely recommend it to friends traveling to Vietnam.

• 31st Jul 2014