Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Good location close to the train line and very spacious rooms. The kitchen only has a microwave in case you want more.

Very nice Hostel ! good location, and nice atmosphere. The only complaint that I have is the messiness caused by the folks that I was sharing the room with, but thats not the hostel fault right? Well.. overall it was a pretty good hostel. I recommend it!

• 10th Aug 2014

After a lengthy check-in process, I was given my room key as standard, and a towel only because I asked for it, by a very unenthusiastic woman. When I arrived in my dorm, I discovered that I should also have been given bed sheets and toilet roll. I was too tired to head back down to reception, so I slept without sheets and used my own tissue. The showers were also pretty grotty. When asked questions, staff didn't seem interested. I regret having pre-booked this place for the end of my trip.

Everything is average except the location. 除了地段好,其他软硬件设施差强人意。入住前在网上已经预付押金,店家还打电话过来说房间只保留到下午四点;三点多到旅舍碰上前台交接,足足等了近半小时才办入住。住的房间空调,需通知旅舍工作人员用遥控器打开,房外的浴室皮管是破的,厕所告示居然写着该抽水马桶只能用于小便不能大便。呵呵,实在是诸多奇怪做法。

Our family traveled in China for about 3 weeks and this was the best place we stayed.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Lovely place with one of the nicest social areas I've ever seen in a hostel. Really friendly and helpful English speaking staff.

No toilet paper for two days while we were there. No maps in English at front desk. But good location, close to Nanjing Pedestrian Street, People's Square and the Bund. Walls in room were a bit mouldy. Otherwise comfy place

Very unfriendly staff : you are underground the impression that you hurt them every time you ask for information, and they this pain is unbearable...

Great place for the money...helpful stafff

The Hostel is excellently located in the downtown area near the metro and major scenic and touristic places like the People"s square, Shanghai Museum, the Bund, Old town, etc. etc. You can change money at the Marriot which is next door and serves as a huge beacon as to the location. You can't get lost with the Mariott next door. Staff was friendly, watch out for the inoperative electricity which requires you to put in your room key into a slot to make it function. A fun stay

Location is central, in a more upscale neighbourhood, easy to find and close to subway. Staff were nice and accommodating. I was impressed with the large, nicely laid out social area. The private room was clean and comfortable and the public showers, toilets, etc were clean. Met some nice people here and would definitely recommend. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Great hostel really. I shared a cab from the airport with an American guy I'd just met, but when the driver said we had arrived and to go down the dark alley, i was pretty glad he was there, but just down, on the right side is the hostel door and its lovely inside, club sandwich/food in general is great. A piece of my friends clothing was stolen but i would stay again i think it was a one off! Met some really nice people.

Need more bathrooms. And improved overall cleanliness.

We only spent one night before heading to the airport. We had a double room. It was nice, maybe a little damp and we couldn't open the window at night because there wasn't any mosquito net... But the hostel is lovely and very well located, I would definitely stay there again !

Everything was great! Very central, but at the same time in a small, quiet street (the sounds from the music school neraby were most of the time rather nice than annoying). We stayed in a double room and shared two showers and one toilet with two other doubles, which was very comfortable. there was also a nice yard where you could hang out and have a coffee. Totally recommendable!

Great location in Shanghai. Good enough for the price but if staying more than two nights I wouldn't recommend the double room in the hostel as it was was very basic and had a strange smell. The shared bathroom is below average.

Great location. The price will be 10% higher than promised, but no big deal, I guess. Bring your own toilet paper & soap.

Nice hostel with a good location and nice bar/restaurant area.

Location is good, 5 minute walk to People's Square. Wifi very frustrating, there are about 20 different networks, some with two-stage sign-in, but none seem to work for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Also, would it really hurt the profit margins that much to provide toilet paper?

Loved the court yard. Colonial. Tropical. Relaxing. Han d wash and hang dry laundry. Close to everything. Easy access to airport.

« first « Prev 1 2 3