Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Love this hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Beautiful and quiet hostel and great staffs.

• 1st Jul 2015

It was raining for the whole of our stay at the hostel but the outdoor seating area and communal areas look like they will be very beautiful in nice weather. The directions the hostel give you are spot on. The breakfast was reasonable but the soft drinks like cola and soda were very over priced which stopped us chilling with some drinks etc. staff have very good English and the cats are cute-

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good time here. We are glad that you left the comment, it helps us getting better and better. Thank you!

he room was facing a basket court and you could hear everything from 8.00 o'clock in the morning. extremely annoying. The internet sucked, but looks like in the whole city is crapy. the staff was very unhelpful and rude as well. Anyhow, the location, room quality and price are good

The best thing in this hostel is the location but you need to remember that you are in China so it will be difficult to find anything better paying almost nothing. The atmosphere is not good once there is no place in common where you can meet and talk to people but a bar that is overpeiced. Rooms are extremelly hot and you need to ask them to turn on the air everytime otherwise you you melt away.

Hi! Our hostel is free to have a sit in and you can have the free water from the bar. And because all the remotes in the dorm are kept by the reception, the air-condition will be turned on only if the reception has been informed. We are so sorry that you didn't have a good time in our hostel.

Both the sheets and my room had the pervasive smell of damp mildew throughout my 3-day stay. The wi-fi wouldn't work in my room either... had to go to the cafe/bar area to use the internet and even then it was unreliable.

We are so sorry that you didn't have a good time here. Because of the building with the long history nearly 100 years and the rainy sticky season (黄梅天)one time a year in Shanghai, the room is full of humidity. Please come back in autumn again.

The location is great. Could do with providing fresh towels every 3 days, especially for people staying there for 5+ nights. Wifi in room and bar very poor and this is a big issue when traveling around China as you need the Internet to do some research.

Hi! Towels changing and room cleaning will be arranged only if the reception has been informed. And the guests can take the clean towels, toilet paper and with no charge from the reception. We are so sorry about the poor wifi in the room and the bar, but we also have a public computer at the reception to use for free. Thank you for the comment, we believe we are doing better and better.

Great common area, central location, friendly service, and good food. My only recommendation is to improve the wifi—it was difficult to connect and extremely slow except in the middle of the night. Overall, a very good hostel.

I stay in Shanghai often and this is my hostel of preference. Close to metro and good restaurants, the inside bar and food are good.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Very dark rooms

The courtyard is fantastic place to relax and take a slowbeat from the bustling city! It feels like an oasis just a few metres off People's Square.

• 29th May 2015

You should attemp to facilitate group activities to help the guests socialize

Really liked the location of the hostel and that they had a good description on their site on how to get there. Staff was helpful and friendly. The only thing weird was that you had to get the toilet paper at the reception. Was a bit annoying when you are the first to check in and there was none left. But I guess they must have had some bad experience with it.

Great hostel close to Peoples Sq station. Double room basic but had nice old wooden furnishings like bed, desk and chest. Private rooms share bathroom with 2 other rooms so it's not so crowded. The selling point is the common area. Has a nice bar with couches and tables plus a pool table. Also plenty of outdoor seating for a drink or to relax after a long day.

Great location, clean rooms n toilet, the only thing need to improve is that the mattress was worn out n sunk in the center. A pleasant stay overall.

The Room space is smaller than I thought, but the location is well and reception people are nice. I enjoyed the breakfast very much with friends in hostel. Overall comment is good !

• 16th May 2015
  • Taiwan

GREAT LOCATION! Staff is friendly and the hostel has a nice courtyard area. However, my assigned bed hadn't been cleaned upon my arrival.

Great Hostel right in the city centre of shanghai at peoples square (only 5 minutes walk) from metro station. Very nice housing with a awesome mini garden-terrace inside. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Super friendly staff, great service and good food for low prices. Good recommendation in shanghai.

This hostel is one of the most beautiful hostels I've stayed at. I love the greenery setting. The staffs there were very helpful as they helped me to get a cab during the peak hour. The only downside is that I struggled to carry my heavy suitcase all the way up to my room (other hostels I've stayed at had lift and the staffs helped me to carry it up). Overall, I enjoyed staying at this hostel as it was clean and the location is perfect.

Location was incredible, right by People's Square with Nanjing Road and the Bund within walking distance. Nice lobby area too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3