Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Stayed here before and would not mind staying here again, Staff really nice specially on my check in day when I arrived at 6 am much earlier than the check in time, she arranged a temporary bed for me to rest till I could get mine. Thanks ! Keep it up !

Really nice hostel, big open courtyard in the middle, cheap drinks helpful staff, fantastic locations, definitely would recommend.

The location was really good. The rooms were simple and the towels a bit worn but certainly overall a great value stay for Shanghai.

Amazing location!

Beautiful place, great service, very convenient to the airport, and two lovely cats. I love to have the breakfast on the terrace with sunshine. By the way the breakfast and the coffee are delicious!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Had a very nice stay at Mingtown Hostel. Very good location. Thank you :)

Great place for the amount you pay. A convenient 7min walk from people's Sq station. The first guy at the reception was pretty aloof, but the next girl I met was really friendly and helpful. Decently clean, the toilets are cleaned daily. However it would have been more ideal if they cleaned them in the afternoon when everyone is out, instead of around 8-9am when everyone gets up. Not as much interaction and vibe at the common area. But over still a decent and safe place I would consider again!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Love this hostel, I'll be back again. Great staffs, just one of them is too shy to speak... Delicious food and really good coffee.

• 14th Mar 2015

Perfect location for a stay in Shanghai- very close to lots of cheap eats, stores and multiple subway lines. The private suite is cozy but very secure. The showers were really warm with great water pressure as well. We were very pleased with the facilities. The staff was very nice and were even able to store our luggage before our late flights.

• 12th Mar 2015

I arrived the hostel at 2 a.m. when the reception has already stopped the service and no staff but a non-English speaking old man there. But I got a note with my name and the room number and the room key. What a relief... the room fee can be paid next morning. Nice and simple hostel, friendly and helpful staff.

• 11th Mar 2015

This place is in a great location but it was not easy to find it. Just follow the instructions from your email confirmation. The staffs spoke good English and they were super helpful during my stay.Metro is about 5 minutes walk.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

My experience of staying there was just average. Hot water supply was not enough on my first night, and the room was so dim with only one light bulb in the dorm. But the staffs were quite friendly (except a boy in the reception was a bit rude).

The staffs are doing their best to improve this hostel. The room is clean and simple. Wi-fi sometimes works very well sometimes not. The Location is unbeatable, Shanghai is a very expensive city where dorm beds are always sold out, and this hostel gave me a clean, comfortable bed in a six people room. Excellent price! Mingtown Etour is a very special place in Shanghai and you can save a lot of time and money in local transport. I would go back if again in Shanghai.

• 4th Mar 2015

Beautiful and quiet place. Helpful and friendly staff. Specially the girls they can speak English very well. No deposit for the lock, the towel and the slippers. And the most is the perfect location. Very convenient and all good.

• 1st Mar 2015

Compared to other hostels I've stayed at, it wasn't more or less clean. The staff was helpfull, Wi-Fi slow but good coverage.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great place!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Visit Shanghai with my family and never regret my choice about where to stay. The two-rooms suite is the best choice for a couple with two kids like us. Great staff ever, friendly and helpful. But not all of them can speak English, only the young ones. Perfect location and perfect price.

• 21st Feb 2015

Great people and great place. The staffs are very helpful. Even they don't have enough staffs during the time, but just be patient with them, they'll always fix the problem you have.

• 19th Feb 2015

Every thing is perfect. The day I arrived was the Chinese New Year's Eve, Very few of staffs left and they invited us to have dinner with them and make dumplings and watch the TV shows together. It was a wonderful night!

• 18th Feb 2015

Great location for a big city like Shanghai. Beautiful hall, common restaurant and cafe, the best. The shared toilets are Chinese standards, and security cannot be better if you are sharing. The staff could be less shy or insecure and help more.