Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

The Room space is smaller than I thought, but the location is well and reception people are nice. I enjoyed the breakfast very much with friends in hostel. Overall comment is good !

• 16th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Great Hostel right in the city centre of shanghai at peoples square (only 5 minutes walk) from metro station. Very nice housing with a awesome mini garden-terrace inside. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Super friendly staff, great service and good food for low prices. Good recommendation in shanghai.

Location was incredible, right by People's Square with Nanjing Road and the Bund within walking distance. Nice lobby area too.

Mingtown exceeding our expectations. We had a private room with shared bathroom. The room and bathroom were very clean and we felt like we were in a budget hotel not a hostel. The bathrooms were cleaned daily and we never saw the two people that shared our bathroom. The staff at the front desk were super helpful, told us where to go for great food, even called the ferry company for us. Taxi from train station was a lot more than the 40rmb said, maybe 70rmb. Bar outside is lush

• 3rd May 2015

Nice hostel, a little bit hard to get to it, but once you discover it it is really easy and it is near everything. The staff speaks english and they are really nice. The atmosphere is really poor since there are not a lot of backpackers here... However it was worth it, we had a good time and we really enjoyed Shanghai!

Perfect stay, I love this place!

Beautiful place, clean rooms, friendly staffs.

• 30th Apr 2015

Excellent location, great value for money, clean and overall very comfortable stay. Staff lacked a little in way of customer service. When checking out the it seemed as if I was an inconvenience to be returning room swipe card. Nevertheless, I was impressed by the hostel and facilities overall.

One guy on the reception is not very friendly even if he's really helpfull ! Besides that, the hostel is very well situdated, the rooms are goods, the bar&restaurants is beautifull and not so expensive.

Stayed here before and would not mind staying here again, Staff really nice specially on my check in day when I arrived at 6 am much earlier than the check in time, she arranged a temporary bed for me to rest till I could get mine. Thanks ! Keep it up !

Really nice hostel, big open courtyard in the middle, cheap drinks helpful staff, fantastic locations, definitely would recommend.

The hostel was in a fabulous location near People's Square - nothing was more than about 3 Metro stops away - and with its pretty courtyard felt like a peaceful retreat from the bustle of the city. The staff spoke good English and were very helpful, even calling around to help us find theater tickets. The only negative about our private room was the bathroom: the trim in the shower that we shared with one other double was rotting a little bit since the door wasn't waterproof.

The location was really good. The rooms were simple and the towels a bit worn but certainly overall a great value stay for Shanghai.

Amazing location!

Beautiful place, great service, very convenient to the airport, and two lovely cats. I love to have the breakfast on the terrace with sunshine. By the way the breakfast and the coffee are delicious!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

This hostel is well-located, being very close to people's square. The hostel is well-decorated and furnished with an 'old China' feel. My friend and I stayed in a twin room on our first night due to a lack of space in the dorms, and transferred to a dorm on the second night - both were clean and good value. The bar area is nice, but a little expensive if travelling on a backpacker budget. The staff are helpful and friendly.

Had a very nice stay at Mingtown Hostel. Very good location. Thank you :)

Great place for the amount you pay. A convenient 7min walk from people's Sq station. The first guy at the reception was pretty aloof, but the next girl I met was really friendly and helpful. Decently clean, the toilets are cleaned daily. However it would have been more ideal if they cleaned them in the afternoon when everyone is out, instead of around 8-9am when everyone gets up. Not as much interaction and vibe at the common area. But over still a decent and safe place I would consider again!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Love this hostel, I'll be back again. Great staffs, just one of them is too shy to speak... Delicious food and really good coffee.

• 14th Mar 2015

Perfect location for a stay in Shanghai- very close to lots of cheap eats, stores and multiple subway lines. The private suite is cozy but very secure. The showers were really warm with great water pressure as well. We were very pleased with the facilities. The staff was very nice and were even able to store our luggage before our late flights.

• 12th Mar 2015