Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

You should attemp to facilitate group activities to help the guests socialize

Really liked the location of the hostel and that they had a good description on their site on how to get there. Staff was helpful and friendly. The only thing weird was that you had to get the toilet paper at the reception. Was a bit annoying when you are the first to check in and there was none left. But I guess they must have had some bad experience with it.

Great hostel close to Peoples Sq station. Double room basic but had nice old wooden furnishings like bed, desk and chest. Private rooms share bathroom with 2 other rooms so it's not so crowded. The selling point is the common area. Has a nice bar with couches and tables plus a pool table. Also plenty of outdoor seating for a drink or to relax after a long day.

The Room space is smaller than I thought, but the location is well and reception people are nice. I enjoyed the breakfast very much with friends in hostel. Overall comment is good !

• 16th May 2015
  • Taiwan

GREAT LOCATION! Staff is friendly and the hostel has a nice courtyard area. However, my assigned bed hadn't been cleaned upon my arrival.

• 15th May 2015

Great Hostel right in the city centre of shanghai at peoples square (only 5 minutes walk) from metro station. Very nice housing with a awesome mini garden-terrace inside. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Super friendly staff, great service and good food for low prices. Good recommendation in shanghai.

Location was incredible, right by People's Square with Nanjing Road and the Bund within walking distance. Nice lobby area too.

Mingtown exceeding our expectations. We had a private room with shared bathroom. The room and bathroom were very clean and we felt like we were in a budget hotel not a hostel. The bathrooms were cleaned daily and we never saw the two people that shared our bathroom. The staff at the front desk were super helpful, told us where to go for great food, even called the ferry company for us. Taxi from train station was a lot more than the 40rmb said, maybe 70rmb. Bar outside is lush

• 3rd May 2015

Nice hostel, a little bit hard to get to it, but once you discover it it is really easy and it is near everything. The staff speaks english and they are really nice. The atmosphere is really poor since there are not a lot of backpackers here... However it was worth it, we had a good time and we really enjoyed Shanghai!

Perfect stay, I love this place!

Beautiful place, clean rooms, friendly staffs.

• 30th Apr 2015

Excellent location, great value for money, clean and overall very comfortable stay. Staff lacked a little in way of customer service. When checking out the it seemed as if I was an inconvenience to be returning room swipe card. Nevertheless, I was impressed by the hostel and facilities overall.

One guy on the reception is not very friendly even if he's really helpfull ! Besides that, the hostel is very well situdated, the rooms are goods, the bar&restaurants is beautifull and not so expensive.

Stayed here before and would not mind staying here again, Staff really nice specially on my check in day when I arrived at 6 am much earlier than the check in time, she arranged a temporary bed for me to rest till I could get mine. Thanks ! Keep it up !

Really nice hostel, big open courtyard in the middle, cheap drinks helpful staff, fantastic locations, definitely would recommend.

I enjoyed my stay and met some good people while I was there. I am not very picky, but this place lived up to my expectations.

• 14th Apr 2015

The hostel was in a fabulous location near People's Square - nothing was more than about 3 Metro stops away - and with its pretty courtyard felt like a peaceful retreat from the bustle of the city. The staff spoke good English and were very helpful, even calling around to help us find theater tickets. The only negative about our private room was the bathroom: the trim in the shower that we shared with one other double was rotting a little bit since the door wasn't waterproof.

The location was really good. The rooms were simple and the towels a bit worn but certainly overall a great value stay for Shanghai.

Amazing location!

Beautiful place, great service, very convenient to the airport, and two lovely cats. I love to have the breakfast on the terrace with sunshine. By the way the breakfast and the coffee are delicious!

• 8th Apr 2015