Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Visit Shanghai with my family and never regret my choice about where to stay. The two-rooms suite is the best choice for a couple with two kids like us. Great staff ever, friendly and helpful. But not all of them can speak English, only the young ones. Perfect location and perfect price.

• 21st Feb 2015

Great people and great place. The staffs are very helpful. Even they don't have enough staffs during the time, but just be patient with them, they'll always fix the problem you have.

• 19th Feb 2015

Every thing is perfect. The day I arrived was the Chinese New Year's Eve, Very few of staffs left and they invited us to have dinner with them and make dumplings and watch the TV shows together. It was a wonderful night!

• 18th Feb 2015

Great location for a big city like Shanghai. Beautiful hall, common restaurant and cafe, the best. The shared toilets are Chinese standards, and security cannot be better if you are sharing. The staff could be less shy or insecure and help more.

I stay in a private room so security was really good, i just put the sign "not to bother" during my stay. I really enjoy hanging out at the two story bar/restaurant, great variaty of drinks

This courtyard-style hostel was a very pleasant place to stay. The location is really great (once you know which exit from metro to take, which is No.11 people square station), the staff quite helpful.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Shared bathroom was good, connects to each room instead of having to go outside! Bar area was beautiful, free pool table, cheap food and drinks and friendly staff. Would recommend for couples mainly. Bed was a bit lumpy but for somewere to relax can't complain. Great location.

I have stayed in Mingtown Etour 4 times in the last 6 months, so I really know what I am talking about. There is no better place to be in Shanghai. The location is supreme, right in the middle of the city, and 5min walking from the subway. Staff do their best to make you feel home. I've used Mingtown as a base camp to travel around China and Asia, left my luggage there, and had it totally safe when I got back there.

Location is premium and they have a nice bar/restaurant in the premises. It maybe lacks a commune room but that's about it. The cats who live in the house are amazing by the way. Extra point for them!

It´s a little bit hard to find at first because it is located in a side street. However, the location is perfect because you can walk to the shopping street comfortably. The room was very clean and comfortable. It´s quiet in the evening and the staff was always able to answer in English. I can fully recommend it !

Very good location and atmosphere inside the hostel. Internet works just fine. I slept in dorm and in private double room, both are amazing considering the price.

• 31st Dec 2014

My second time here - will come again when next in shanghai - excellent hostel close to the city centre with great staff and facilities

Great little restaurant where you can order food/a drink or just relax and chat with fellow travelers. Nice, hot showers which was much appreciated in the cold winter. Not too far of a walk to the main attractions or the closest subway station.

the hair dryer is not good enough, can not dry hair...

Me and my friend REALLY ENJOYED staying in this hostel. The atmosphere is great and relaxing. The rooms are spacious and clean. We met nice people and had a great time. The location also is very good. I would recommend it to everyone. =)

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great location and great hostel. Pros: Location is great. Right in heart of people's square. Safe area. Easy walking distance to shops, food, and metro. Staff was very helpful and professional.. All spoke English very well. Room was clean. For the price it can't be beat. Common area had friendly vibe and great bar/food service. Cons: Spotty wifi in room. But wifi strong in common area. Spring mattress could have been better. No private bthroom option stinks. Highly recommend.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Very good location for downtown Shanghai. Quite expensive food and drinks given the proximity to many other eateries. Only real negative that sticks out for me is having to make and strip my own bed, but that said it is a budget hostel so what should I expect really..

my room was for 8 persons but the staff add 1 another persons into those small room, so it becoming 9 persons in the small room!! the internet doesn't reached my room so if I want to use it, I have to move out from my room or go into the lobby. it sucks

Good - Location and Laundry facilities! Cafe / Bar was also great and the 6RMB Tsingtao at reception was a good bargain! Poor - Communal bathrooms and toilets were not clean enough and often the toilet paper bins were full of dirty, smelly tissues (maybe consider using sealed or covered bins in future). There seemed to be very few showers compared with the number of guests. The seal around our door was not good too so there was often a lot of noise coming in from the hallways.

extremely good hostel. good food, good service, extremely good location. the rooms and facilities are very good. there is even a drier for the cloths after washing them, i would recomend the hostel to add some more place for hanging cloths after washing because the space available is very small thus it tend to be packed with cloths that is difficult to dry at air.