Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Love this hostel, I'll be back again. Great staffs, just one of them is too shy to speak... Delicious food and really good coffee.

• 14th Mar 2015

Perfect location for a stay in Shanghai- very close to lots of cheap eats, stores and multiple subway lines. The private suite is cozy but very secure. The showers were really warm with great water pressure as well. We were very pleased with the facilities. The staff was very nice and were even able to store our luggage before our late flights.

• 12th Mar 2015

I arrived the hostel at 2 a.m. when the reception has already stopped the service and no staff but a non-English speaking old man there. But I got a note with my name and the room number and the room key. What a relief... the room fee can be paid next morning. Nice and simple hostel, friendly and helpful staff.

• 11th Mar 2015

This place is in a great location but it was not easy to find it. Just follow the instructions from your email confirmation. The staffs spoke good English and they were super helpful during my stay.Metro is about 5 minutes walk.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

My experience of staying there was just average. Hot water supply was not enough on my first night, and the room was so dim with only one light bulb in the dorm. But the staffs were quite friendly (except a boy in the reception was a bit rude).

The staffs are doing their best to improve this hostel. The room is clean and simple. Wi-fi sometimes works very well sometimes not. The Location is unbeatable, Shanghai is a very expensive city where dorm beds are always sold out, and this hostel gave me a clean, comfortable bed in a six people room. Excellent price! Mingtown Etour is a very special place in Shanghai and you can save a lot of time and money in local transport. I would go back if again in Shanghai.

• 4th Mar 2015

Beautiful and quiet place. Helpful and friendly staff. Specially the girls they can speak English very well. No deposit for the lock, the towel and the slippers. And the most is the perfect location. Very convenient and all good.

• 1st Mar 2015

Compared to other hostels I've stayed at, it wasn't more or less clean. The staff was helpfull, Wi-Fi slow but good coverage.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Great place!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Visit Shanghai with my family and never regret my choice about where to stay. The two-rooms suite is the best choice for a couple with two kids like us. Great staff ever, friendly and helpful. But not all of them can speak English, only the young ones. Perfect location and perfect price.

• 21st Feb 2015

Great people and great place. The staffs are very helpful. Even they don't have enough staffs during the time, but just be patient with them, they'll always fix the problem you have.

• 19th Feb 2015

Every thing is perfect. The day I arrived was the Chinese New Year's Eve, Very few of staffs left and they invited us to have dinner with them and make dumplings and watch the TV shows together. It was a wonderful night!

• 18th Feb 2015

Great location for a big city like Shanghai. Beautiful hall, common restaurant and cafe, the best. The shared toilets are Chinese standards, and security cannot be better if you are sharing. The staff could be less shy or insecure and help more.

I stay in a private room so security was really good, i just put the sign "not to bother" during my stay. I really enjoy hanging out at the two story bar/restaurant, great variaty of drinks

This courtyard-style hostel was a very pleasant place to stay. The location is really great (once you know which exit from metro to take, which is No.11 people square station), the staff quite helpful.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Japan

Shared bathroom was good, connects to each room instead of having to go outside! Bar area was beautiful, free pool table, cheap food and drinks and friendly staff. Would recommend for couples mainly. Bed was a bit lumpy but for somewere to relax can't complain. Great location.

I have stayed in Mingtown Etour 4 times in the last 6 months, so I really know what I am talking about. There is no better place to be in Shanghai. The location is supreme, right in the middle of the city, and 5min walking from the subway. Staff do their best to make you feel home. I've used Mingtown as a base camp to travel around China and Asia, left my luggage there, and had it totally safe when I got back there.

Location is premium and they have a nice bar/restaurant in the premises. It maybe lacks a commune room but that's about it. The cats who live in the house are amazing by the way. Extra point for them!

It´s a little bit hard to find at first because it is located in a side street. However, the location is perfect because you can walk to the shopping street comfortably. The room was very clean and comfortable. It´s quiet in the evening and the staff was always able to answer in English. I can fully recommend it !

The reception guy check in is so rude.