Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

extremely good hostel. good food, good service, extremely good location. the rooms and facilities are very good. there is even a drier for the cloths after washing them, i would recomend the hostel to add some more place for hanging cloths after washing because the space available is very small thus it tend to be packed with cloths that is difficult to dry at air.

Stayed here for four days and really enjoyed my time. The place is central and has great food. The only downside to this place is that it has no atmosphere...if your looking to meet loads of fun people I'm not sure if this is the place.

I found the staff really nice. They helped us out on a couple occasions when planning where to go and what to see.

2nd time I have stayed here. Some staff really helpful, some not so much, but over all very satisfied. Location fantastic, small quiet side street in very central area lots if shops and restaurants. Will stay again next year.

• 25th Sep 2014

The staff (especially reception desk) seemed a lot happier last year when I stayed. They seemed quite grumpy this year. You can't fault the location for Shanghai, very close to the peoples park. The rooms are a bit small - it's quite hard to get around the bed, and there's not much room for your clothes, but for short stays this is fine.

• 25th Sep 2014

This place was awful. Besides the location there's nothing positive to report. I haven't felt so unwelcome in a hostel before and I wasn't the only guest complaining about it. The staff let's you wait, don't give any information and everything is too much to ask. I ended up avoiding the reception all together. They have a nice common area, but the bartenders don't even get up. You can say goodbye to your deposit. The rooms are dirty, cramped and damp. Some walls are covered with fungus.

The hostel is a 3 minute walk from the li jiang, 20 minutes from the locally famous BBQ skewers street and is opposite a bar that serves decent western food. The hostel has very good dorms, clean, with bed lights, sockets and lockers. The bathroom was clean, the water pressure good and had a western style toilet. The staff were exceptionally friendly and fun, Angela, Tina and Betty all have high energy and help create a great atmosphere. The hostel has a great common room too.

• 20th Sep 2014

There was only one shower and one bathroom, but they were always free anytime that I needed them.

Me and my friend stayed in a double room. Much nicer than we had expected and the beds were very soft and nice. The atmosphere was very closed off and not city like - which we liked very much. We shared one bathroom and two showers with three other rooms which worked perfectly fine. The bar has a good variety of western styled breakfasts in addition to good coffee and drinks.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Norway

Not as good as I expected! except one girl the staff was not too helpful and seemed annoyed or shy..rooms were too small,very dark, ac too cold,mattresses were really bad.. on the other side location is perfect, and bar area very nice but little expensive. its ok to stay there but I've seen much better hostels!

Hostel has an amazing location but the place was very damp and smelt damp. Bedroom very mouldy. Unfortunately the staff were extremely unfriendly and rude. Didn't want to help with directions or things like how to use the laundry facilities. The bar/communal area was quite nice apart from the smell when it rained and food was good.

• 11th Sep 2014

Location and price is perfect, but cleanliness is not much good! As well, stuffs are so so. (Someone is kind, other is so so).

Location is great and easy to find from People's Square station from the directions. Rooms were a little shabby but ok. The bar area is very pretty with the pond filled with fishes and greenery. The very annoying thing though is the wifi. It has a crazy two-step login that didn't work for me most of the time. Please just use a wifi with general password - no individual logins. This is a real downside, especially as I arrived here and needed the internet to plan the rest of my trip.

Good location close to the train line and very spacious rooms. The kitchen only has a microwave in case you want more.

Very nice Hostel ! good location, and nice atmosphere. The only complaint that I have is the messiness caused by the folks that I was sharing the room with, but thats not the hostel fault right? Well.. overall it was a pretty good hostel. I recommend it!

• 10th Aug 2014

After a lengthy check-in process, I was given my room key as standard, and a towel only because I asked for it, by a very unenthusiastic woman. When I arrived in my dorm, I discovered that I should also have been given bed sheets and toilet roll. I was too tired to head back down to reception, so I slept without sheets and used my own tissue. The showers were also pretty grotty. When asked questions, staff didn't seem interested. I regret having pre-booked this place for the end of my trip.

Everything is average except the location. 除了地段好,其他软硬件设施差强人意。入住前在网上已经预付押金,店家还打电话过来说房间只保留到下午四点;三点多到旅舍碰上前台交接,足足等了近半小时才办入住。住的房间空调,需通知旅舍工作人员用遥控器打开,房外的浴室皮管是破的,厕所告示居然写着该抽水马桶只能用于小便不能大便。呵呵,实在是诸多奇怪做法。

Our family traveled in China for about 3 weeks and this was the best place we stayed.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Lovely place with one of the nicest social areas I've ever seen in a hostel. Really friendly and helpful English speaking staff.

No toilet paper for two days while we were there. No maps in English at front desk. But good location, close to Nanjing Pedestrian Street, People's Square and the Bund. Walls in room were a bit mouldy. Otherwise comfy place

« first « Prev 1 2 3