Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Very dark rooms

The courtyard is fantastic place to relax and take a slowbeat from the bustling city! It feels like an oasis just a few metres off People's Square.

• 29th May 2015

Maybe soom room are new, my room looked quite old and used. The outside sitting and the bar place was a nice spot to hang out. Kitchen is very small and didnt know the people always hanging around there were hostel staff or tourists

You should attemp to facilitate group activities to help the guests socialize

Really liked the location of the hostel and that they had a good description on their site on how to get there. Staff was helpful and friendly. The only thing weird was that you had to get the toilet paper at the reception. Was a bit annoying when you are the first to check in and there was none left. But I guess they must have had some bad experience with it.

Great hostel close to Peoples Sq station. Double room basic but had nice old wooden furnishings like bed, desk and chest. Private rooms share bathroom with 2 other rooms so it's not so crowded. The selling point is the common area. Has a nice bar with couches and tables plus a pool table. Also plenty of outdoor seating for a drink or to relax after a long day.

Great location, clean rooms n toilet, the only thing need to improve is that the mattress was worn out n sunk in the center. A pleasant stay overall.

The Room space is smaller than I thought, but the location is well and reception people are nice. I enjoyed the breakfast very much with friends in hostel. Overall comment is good !

• 16th May 2015
  • Taiwan

GREAT LOCATION! Staff is friendly and the hostel has a nice courtyard area. However, my assigned bed hadn't been cleaned upon my arrival.

Great Hostel right in the city centre of shanghai at peoples square (only 5 minutes walk) from metro station. Very nice housing with a awesome mini garden-terrace inside. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Super friendly staff, great service and good food for low prices. Good recommendation in shanghai.

This hostel is one of the most beautiful hostels I've stayed at. I love the greenery setting. The staffs there were very helpful as they helped me to get a cab during the peak hour. The only downside is that I struggled to carry my heavy suitcase all the way up to my room (other hostels I've stayed at had lift and the staffs helped me to carry it up). Overall, I enjoyed staying at this hostel as it was clean and the location is perfect.

Location was incredible, right by People's Square with Nanjing Road and the Bund within walking distance. Nice lobby area too.

Mingtown exceeding our expectations. We had a private room with shared bathroom. The room and bathroom were very clean and we felt like we were in a budget hotel not a hostel. The bathrooms were cleaned daily and we never saw the two people that shared our bathroom. The staff at the front desk were super helpful, told us where to go for great food, even called the ferry company for us. Taxi from train station was a lot more than the 40rmb said, maybe 70rmb. Bar outside is lush

• 3rd May 2015

Nice hostel, a little bit hard to get to it, but once you discover it it is really easy and it is near everything. The staff speaks english and they are really nice. The atmosphere is really poor since there are not a lot of backpackers here... However it was worth it, we had a good time and we really enjoyed Shanghai!

Perfect stay, I love this place!

Beautiful place, clean rooms, friendly staffs.

• 30th Apr 2015

Excellent location, great value for money, clean and overall very comfortable stay. Staff lacked a little in way of customer service. When checking out the it seemed as if I was an inconvenience to be returning room swipe card. Nevertheless, I was impressed by the hostel and facilities overall.

One guy on the reception is not very friendly even if he's really helpfull ! Besides that, the hostel is very well situdated, the rooms are goods, the bar&restaurants is beautifull and not so expensive.

Stayed here before and would not mind staying here again, Staff really nice specially on my check in day when I arrived at 6 am much earlier than the check in time, she arranged a temporary bed for me to rest till I could get mine. Thanks ! Keep it up !

Really nice hostel, big open courtyard in the middle, cheap drinks helpful staff, fantastic locations, definitely would recommend.