Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

I really like that you have recycling of paper, plastic, cans, and batteries in your hostel. I wish you could do composting with the coffee grounds, tea leaves, and fruit and veggie peels :) Thank you for all the wonderful plants and the welcoming atmosphere.

Strategic location and value for money.

• 15th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Roof area was an oasis in the middle of the skyscrapers and a great place to watch the sun go down with an ice cold beer.

Toilet/shower were old and dirty. Internet was not working in the room all the time. The location is great. Maybe 3 min to the metro people squere on foot. Restaurant was avarage. Self-kitchen was very poor, only hot water cooker and microwave. To sit and eat there is not so nice.

good hostel, very good location, great staff

Very great and relaxing hostel with nice outside area to hang around, great staff and good food. Location couldnt be better! Would stay again! And thanks for sending me back the camera I forgot! Vanessa.

It was a pretty nice hostel for the price (especially in Shanghai). I liked that it wasn't too rowdy, especially at night, so you can actually get a good night sleep there. The staff were pleasant. Breakfast wasn't too shabby either. If you're looking for somewhere cheap, basic and bang in the centre of Shanghai, you can't go to wrong here.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

I really love the communal café / bar area, it is really nicely decorated and organised. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Thanks very much, I had a really nice stay.

• 30th Apr 2014

The location is amazing, but the hostel is pretty mediocre overall. I stayed in a dorm, so maybe the private rooms are better. But it wasn't particularly nice, pretty average overall. The staff were fine, but didn't really make that extra effort to make things easier for you. The bar was fine, but there wasn't much of an atmosphere. Overall, I don't think I'd stay there again, but it's perfectly adequate if you need a cheap place to stay.

everyone very nice in this hostel. best hostel i lived ever

• 26th Apr 2014
  • China

Fantastic location. Bathroom is a little smelly, but most hostels in China have this similar problem. Room was a double bed private with a shared bathroom - room is a little small but had a TV and was comfortable overall. Would come back again! The location is too great to pass up.

Room could be freshened up, poor WiFi connection Excellent food&drink options, nice calm atmosphere, helpful staff

Staff at the reception was helpful, friendly and was able speak english. Roomservice was not as expected - I had to clean and prepare the bed for myself. The mattress was the worst I have ever slept on - you can feel the bedsprings in your back. Wifi in the room is very bad that you can just use it in the bar or reception.

The bed seems a bit old, a cracking sound will happen whenever I move on the bed, it is a bit annoying for both my roommate and myself!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good Hostel

• 16th Apr 2014

Good location, I like it. Their cat is cute. And I like shanghai.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • China

Great location but my private room needs cleaning. Lots of mold on the cielling and that is dangerous to our health.

Some of the wooden lockers provided had doors hanging off the hinges or hinges broken. The building had a cool courtyard and winding staircases and a real nice chill space. The food available for purchase was real good. Wifi only works in the chill space and they don't have a communal kitchen. The location is tricky to find but amazingly well situated. I walked to the bund, the old town, and the french concession without using the subway.

Great place to stay when visiting Shanghai. Walking distance from a lot of sites and very close to peoples park station, so very well connected. We had a great time here, would stay again. Thanks

Great little place. Nice room, very friendly staff, fast wifi and tasty breakfast. Location was great... about a 5 min walk to Koh San Road and a 15 min walk to lots of great sites.