Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Little bit cold at night! Otherwise great!

Fun hostel. Nice cafe, and clean rooms. Literally right beside the People's square, so if you want to be near all the popular sights near the square, you can roll right out of bed to see the museum, the Bund, the People's park, etc.

There were only two lockers that worked in my 6 bed dorm. . The location is excellent 5 mins walk from people square. What spoiled my experience was the attitude of the staff, I found it to be poor and rude. One guy who works on reception in the mornings is very nice and helpful, one female receptionist was extremely rude to me, and completely unapproachable with an attitude problem.I couldn't believe it when they refused to boil an egg for me! I mean how difficult is it?

Bed wasn't the best. But I wasn't there too sleep. Great location. Right next to Peoples Square and if you like walking you can walk everywhere from there or take a short subway trip

everything great! ideal location, friendly staff,relaxing atmosphere, very clean, but it would be perfect if breakfast started before 8:30 thanks a lot

Showers could have been cleaner. Nice rooms and very nice common area.

Female dorm was good but had no where to put a lock on or even lock my locker. They came and turned on the heater every night which was fantastic and the bedding was so warm. The bar/restaurant area was cozy and the food was great! Just a short walk from the metro as well as city tour bus. Staff not exceptionally helpful but managed to get some information from them.

A gem of a hostel, situated perfectly in the heart of Shanghai, clean and tidy. And the staff was so helpful! The only thing I was missing, was toilet paper. But maybe this is just not common in China. One suggestion would be to update IExplorer or install a new version of Firefox, as I could not access my Emails on the hostel-PC. But these are luxury problems.. I enjoyed my stay very much!

• 17th Jan 2014

Could definitely improve, This was my third stay at this hostel in the last few months and things seem to be moving in the wrong direction..

Location meant we could walk to most places we wanted to see. Difficult to talk to other guests as no one seemed to stay in the restaurant to chat. Quiet surroundings even though in the city. A lift to shift heavy suitcases would have helped. A staff member helped carry some up stairs for us.

A nice hostel. Would definitely stay there again :)

The bathroom seems not very clean and too small

Solid hostel in a great part of Shanghai. I've stayed here a few times over recent years and was slightly disappointed with the general friendliness of staff this time around. Otherwise, a decent place to stay. Tip - beers from the fridge at reception are much cheaper than in the bar.

Good value for money hostel in a great location. Nice atmosphere with a multi-floor bar and Koi pond on the way to the dorms which looked great. Bins in the toilet near the laundry could do with a regular clean, but other than that a nice, secure place to stay not too far from the wonderful sights of Shanghai. Thanks!

I have stayed twice at this hostel and the first time I thought it was good, the second time I thought it was GREAT. The staff is really nice and sweet.

Great Location. nice staff and accommodation.

Great location if you want to be at equal distance from many spots (the bund and the French concession). In this way you can easily walk east or west. The hostel has a lot of charm and the staff is helpful and speaks English. The 6-bed dorm was spacious and comfortable.

Love you location and staff. I know this is an extra cost but please supply toilet paper and hand soap. Please! Other then that, you are great.

Very nice hostel, the staff is very efficient and Well organized. Everything is clean and the location ok.