Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Very good location and atmosphere inside the hostel. Internet works just fine. I slept in dorm and in private double room, both are amazing considering the price.

• 31st Dec 2014

My second time here - will come again when next in shanghai - excellent hostel close to the city centre with great staff and facilities

Great little restaurant where you can order food/a drink or just relax and chat with fellow travelers. Nice, hot showers which was much appreciated in the cold winter. Not too far of a walk to the main attractions or the closest subway station.

the hair dryer is not good enough, can not dry hair...

Me and my friend REALLY ENJOYED staying in this hostel. The atmosphere is great and relaxing. The rooms are spacious and clean. We met nice people and had a great time. The location also is very good. I would recommend it to everyone. =)

• 22nd Nov 2014

Great location and great hostel. Pros: Location is great. Right in heart of people's square. Safe area. Easy walking distance to shops, food, and metro. Staff was very helpful and professional.. All spoke English very well. Room was clean. For the price it can't be beat. Common area had friendly vibe and great bar/food service. Cons: Spotty wifi in room. But wifi strong in common area. Spring mattress could have been better. No private bthroom option stinks. Highly recommend.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Very good location for downtown Shanghai. Quite expensive food and drinks given the proximity to many other eateries. Only real negative that sticks out for me is having to make and strip my own bed, but that said it is a budget hostel so what should I expect really..

my room was for 8 persons but the staff add 1 another persons into those small room, so it becoming 9 persons in the small room!! the internet doesn't reached my room so if I want to use it, I have to move out from my room or go into the lobby. it sucks

Good - Location and Laundry facilities! Cafe / Bar was also great and the 6RMB Tsingtao at reception was a good bargain! Poor - Communal bathrooms and toilets were not clean enough and often the toilet paper bins were full of dirty, smelly tissues (maybe consider using sealed or covered bins in future). There seemed to be very few showers compared with the number of guests. The seal around our door was not good too so there was often a lot of noise coming in from the hallways.

extremely good hostel. good food, good service, extremely good location. the rooms and facilities are very good. there is even a drier for the cloths after washing them, i would recomend the hostel to add some more place for hanging cloths after washing because the space available is very small thus it tend to be packed with cloths that is difficult to dry at air.

Stayed here for four days and really enjoyed my time. The place is central and has great food. The only downside to this place is that it has no atmosphere...if your looking to meet loads of fun people I'm not sure if this is the place.

1 2 Next » last »