Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

everyone very nice in this hostel. best hostel i lived ever

• 26th Apr 2014
  • China

Fantastic location. Bathroom is a little smelly, but most hostels in China have this similar problem. Room was a double bed private with a shared bathroom - room is a little small but had a TV and was comfortable overall. Would come back again! The location is too great to pass up.

Room could be freshened up, poor WiFi connection Excellent food&drink options, nice calm atmosphere, helpful staff

Staff at the reception was helpful, friendly and was able speak english. Roomservice was not as expected - I had to clean and prepare the bed for myself. The mattress was the worst I have ever slept on - you can feel the bedsprings in your back. Wifi in the room is very bad that you can just use it in the bar or reception.

The bed seems a bit old, a cracking sound will happen whenever I move on the bed, it is a bit annoying for both my roommate and myself!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good Hostel

• 16th Apr 2014

Good location, I like it. Their cat is cute. And I like shanghai.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • China

Great location but my private room needs cleaning. Lots of mold on the cielling and that is dangerous to our health.

Some of the wooden lockers provided had doors hanging off the hinges or hinges broken. The building had a cool courtyard and winding staircases and a real nice chill space. The food available for purchase was real good. Wifi only works in the chill space and they don't have a communal kitchen. The location is tricky to find but amazingly well situated. I walked to the bund, the old town, and the french concession without using the subway.

Great place to stay when visiting Shanghai. Walking distance from a lot of sites and very close to peoples park station, so very well connected. We had a great time here, would stay again. Thanks

Great little place. Nice room, very friendly staff, fast wifi and tasty breakfast. Location was great... about a 5 min walk to Koh San Road and a 15 min walk to lots of great sites.

Location and hostel bar scene great . Decent food good coffee. Love the hostel cat.

The man in the bar was really unpolite. Dinner was server until 8.00 and 8.02 he told us he would not serve any food. Moreover, he kicked us off from the bar because we were consuming a soup bought outside and next to us there was a woman drinking Starbucks' coffee, which was irrational. Furthermore, the hostel has no kitchen.

i stayed for one night so the hostel was fine for what i wanted, good hot shower, friendy enough staff although they were very busy when i was there so i didn't get a chance to ask for advice about the area, the bar was nice and the breakfast in the morning was fine and not too expensive, the location is perfect for places to see, unfortunately the bed was a bit uncomfortable, i think the matress is well over due to be changed! i was told there were no keys for the lockers, needs better security

Very good place, good value for money and excellent food !! To recommend

• 28th Mar 2014

Fantastic ambiance at this place. It's in an easy to find great location behind the Marriott at People's Square. My only real complaints would be that the lockers aren't really lockers just cupboards. Also, they have a no outside food and beverage policy in the common area, which is kind of ridiculous for a hostel. The common area is set up more like a restaurant and doesn't really lend itself to a social vibe. Finally, there was only one shower for every 24 or so beds. Not a good ratio. ++WiFi

We really enjoyed this hostel. We stayed in a private suite with shared bathroom - just shared with 2 other rooms and there were 2 showers so it was never an issue. The atmosphere is lovely, with lots of common areas and a koi/turtle pond, lantern and greenery. Two cats wander. There is a hot water heater for drinks/ramen, and a small fridge and a few dishes but don't expect a kitchen. You'll probably buy breakfast at one of the stalls down the road anyway. We didn't eat at the cafe on site.

There is a good bar but kitchen closes early, at 8:30pm :( Very good place to make friends. Wifi is not good inside the rooms.

Really great location. Beds are fine. WiFi only really works in the bar.

• 22nd Mar 2014

enjoyed my stay here so well that i went back to this hostel on the end f my china trip. Though there are a lot chinese travellers here, there are enough western people as well. Cheap Tsingtao's!!!