Mingtown Etour International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.55, Jiangyin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

I enjoyed my stay and met some good people while I was there. I am not very picky, but this place lived up to my expectations.

• 14th Apr 2015

The hostel was in a fabulous location near People's Square - nothing was more than about 3 Metro stops away - and with its pretty courtyard felt like a peaceful retreat from the bustle of the city. The staff spoke good English and were very helpful, even calling around to help us find theater tickets. The only negative about our private room was the bathroom: the trim in the shower that we shared with one other double was rotting a little bit since the door wasn't waterproof.

The location was really good. The rooms were simple and the towels a bit worn but certainly overall a great value stay for Shanghai.

Amazing location!

Beautiful place, great service, very convenient to the airport, and two lovely cats. I love to have the breakfast on the terrace with sunshine. By the way the breakfast and the coffee are delicious!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

This hostel is well-located, being very close to people's square. The hostel is well-decorated and furnished with an 'old China' feel. My friend and I stayed in a twin room on our first night due to a lack of space in the dorms, and transferred to a dorm on the second night - both were clean and good value. The bar area is nice, but a little expensive if travelling on a backpacker budget. The staff are helpful and friendly.

Had a very nice stay at Mingtown Hostel. Very good location. Thank you :)

Great place for the amount you pay. A convenient 7min walk from people's Sq station. The first guy at the reception was pretty aloof, but the next girl I met was really friendly and helpful. Decently clean, the toilets are cleaned daily. However it would have been more ideal if they cleaned them in the afternoon when everyone is out, instead of around 8-9am when everyone gets up. Not as much interaction and vibe at the common area. But over still a decent and safe place I would consider again!

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Love this hostel, I'll be back again. Great staffs, just one of them is too shy to speak... Delicious food and really good coffee.

• 14th Mar 2015

Perfect location for a stay in Shanghai- very close to lots of cheap eats, stores and multiple subway lines. The private suite is cozy but very secure. The showers were really warm with great water pressure as well. We were very pleased with the facilities. The staff was very nice and were even able to store our luggage before our late flights.

I arrived the hostel at 2 a.m. when the reception has already stopped the service and no staff but a non-English speaking old man there. But I got a note with my name and the room number and the room key. What a relief... the room fee can be paid next morning. Nice and simple hostel, friendly and helpful staff.

• 11th Mar 2015

This place is in a great location but it was not easy to find it. Just follow the instructions from your email confirmation. The staffs spoke good English and they were super helpful during my stay.Metro is about 5 minutes walk.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

My experience of staying there was just average. Hot water supply was not enough on my first night, and the room was so dim with only one light bulb in the dorm. But the staffs were quite friendly (except a boy in the reception was a bit rude).

The staffs are doing their best to improve this hostel. The room is clean and simple. Wi-fi sometimes works very well sometimes not. The Location is unbeatable, Shanghai is a very expensive city where dorm beds are always sold out, and this hostel gave me a clean, comfortable bed in a six people room. Excellent price! Mingtown Etour is a very special place in Shanghai and you can save a lot of time and money in local transport. I would go back if again in Shanghai.

• 4th Mar 2015

Beautiful and quiet place. Helpful and friendly staff. Specially the girls they can speak English very well. No deposit for the lock, the towel and the slippers. And the most is the perfect location. Very convenient and all good.

• 1st Mar 2015