Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

My favorite hostel in Shanghai. Always dependable for meeting good people.

Amazing location, highly recommend

We stayed in a private double room, it was quite nice. It had a soft comfy bed, a clean and modern bathroom, and even a couch/lounge area. The hostel even has an elevator! It is located quite close to a metro station for easy access to the rest of the city, and there is quite a lively street nearby for evening walks. You are relatively close to the Bund, but it is still a little bit of a walk.

We stayed in a double twin room and it was very clean and spacious. Probably the biggest and cleanest room I have ever stayed at a hostel. But the wifi sucked at our floor (4/F) and it was quite irritating, and the elevator looked shabby and was kind of scary. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay there. would recommend it to friends.

thank you for a great stay! really helpful staff and great facilities

I loved the location and value for money. The wifi connection was a bit temperamental, but that sort of comes with the territory.

While having an enormous bathroom with separate toilet/shower was nice, I would have rather had a decent sized room. The 3 sets of bunk beds were practically touching each other and there was no room to maneuver around the room. The location was great, very close to the metro and lots of food options nearby. The food was decent and somewhat reasonably priced for western food but I think you can do better elsewhere.

This hostel is really nice, location is amazing, right next to Nanjing Dong Lu, but in the same time not noisy at all. Room was big, with ac, TV.

Great location, easy to get and go to any place.

Very good quality of the staff and also the facilities. The room were super clean and new and I appreciated the cleanliness in the bathroom! I would just recommend to find a better place for the left luggage. I didn´t feel really comfortable leaving it at the reception, I would prefer a separate room for that. Overall rating would be 9 out of 10!!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Great location close to E Nanjing Rd, the Bund and Peoples Square. Right on a Metro stationl Double private room was large and clean, with a good ensuite. Only problem was the noise from 4th floor above us, late at night and early in the morning. Ear plugs fixed that! Staff were excellent with booking taxis and writing things in chinese for us. Cafe was reasonably priced and made good coffee.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

the location is very good. Also the atmosphere is good.

I had a really good time in this hostel. Especially the atmosphere and staff I really. Same minded happy walking around which is created by good helpfull staff. Together with the perfect location I recommend to it everyone.

This was my second stay at Mingtown Nanjing Road. The location can't be beat! I wish the wifi was a bit better. I couldn't connect anywhere but in the lobby. The staff is always friendly and helpful. It can be noisy on busy weekends but I will stay there again on my next trip to Shanghai!

Nice hostel, in a good area, bar served good food and reasonably priced, rooms were nice however marked down because there was a really terrible smell right outside our room and despite telling the staff many times they just put an incense stick outside our door which did not get rid of the smell. Other than that staff were actually very helpful.

Well located, quite nice staff that could provide with relevant information, good coffee! and breakfast ok. Room ok, bed not cleaned every day, quite a strong smell coming from the shower/canalization

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Under construction, but the place seemed like it had a lot of promise. Some of the staff seemed a bit awkward interacting with the guests.

They were renovating during my stay. Stayed in a 6-bed dorm, it's was pretty cramped but the location can't be beat. A 2 minute walk to E Nanjing Road and to the nearest subway. Can literally see the malls from my window. Staff were pleasant. WiFi was really on and off - it was really bad in my room but they do offer connections on every floor.

Really located in the most prime area of town, few yards away from the metro station at Nanjing road. Comfortable and Clean rooms. The staff is very cheerful and ready to help.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • India

Excellent location, good price, average staff, bad WiFi signal. The baths and the kitchen were nice, but the bunk room I stayed in was too small for six people and we kept bumping into each other.

« first « Prev 1 2 3