Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

it was a perfect hostel i'd ever stay. even though my friends can not be your hostel, they will be satisfied if they were there.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thank you guys for the great stay! We were taking it easy in Shanghai :)

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Poland

This hostel is all about its location - it is just a few steps to Nanjing Road and within walking distance to Shanghai's most famous attractions. I booked a deluxe double room and a regular double room. Both of them were ok for hostel standards, but the smell was unbearable. The room was super stinky. The breakfast also took ages to be ready, but I can understand because maybe the staff was busy doing other things.

Overall a great place to stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was good but a bit on the small side, it was difficult for more than one person to move around at once. The hostel was really clean with good facilities. It is close to the metro and there are loads of small restaurants and food stalls nearby. I would stay here again.

• 20th Jun 2015

The hostel was great and clean, the only thing was that there was one staff member who was really unfriendly. She was very short and rude. Other than that the hostel was great and PERFECT location!

The hostel is conveniently located near Nanjing East Road. I stayed in a twin room and it was nice and clean.

location is nice, within 5 minutes to reach nanjing road, plus near the metro station. Cleanliness is ok, a bit improvement in toilet is better. the only problem is cant connect via wifi, also some noise from the air conditioner

Rooms were small and cramped, lockers not big enough for larger bags, and little space for them on the floor. Pro Location good near metro and walkable to all major sights.

Good overall. There was no WiFi in our bedroom, but fine I'm other parts of the hostel. staff helped us with buying train tickets. g Great location.

Location is excellent, very close to Nanjing Road and central Shanghai and Metro station. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is clean but toilet is smell. Overall is acceptable and quite value for money.

We've got some problem with the wifi but the location of the hostel is excellent and the rooms are good

very nice place

Very clean, some of the nicest dorms I've stayed in. Each dorm room has its own bathroom, so you only have to share with your roommates - very nice. Location on Nanjing Lu is excellent - a must-visit for first-time visitors to Shanghai. Within walking distance of lots of restaurants and a great bakery. Staff were helpful and nice but the desk was left unattended at night. My biggest complaint is that the wifi is terrible; I wasn't able to connect once the whole time.

We stayed at the cornered room which was so good. However, every morning the maids always made a loud noise and put many blankets in front of our room.

• 18th May 2015
  • Thailand

My favorite hostel in Shanghai. Always dependable for meeting good people.

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. I met a couple of interesting people. The bathroom was super clean and I like the fact that one bathroom is shared per dorm. The staffs were helpful and friendly. The location of this hostel is strategic and I felt safe roaming around at night at that area.

Amazing location, highly recommend

We stayed in a private double room, it was quite nice. It had a soft comfy bed, a clean and modern bathroom, and even a couch/lounge area. The hostel even has an elevator! It is located quite close to a metro station for easy access to the rest of the city, and there is quite a lively street nearby for evening walks. You are relatively close to the Bund, but it is still a little bit of a walk.

The location is perfect but the hostel has a lot of problems, it smells really bad on the Floors and the Internet is a *! The staff don't help you with nothing but if you want a hostel just for sleeping is perfect!

We stayed in a double twin room and it was very clean and spacious. Probably the biggest and cleanest room I have ever stayed at a hostel. But the wifi sucked at our floor (4/F) and it was quite irritating, and the elevator looked shabby and was kind of scary. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay there. would recommend it to friends.

« first « Prev 1 2 3