Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

I stayed 3nights in 365inn hostel. The room condition was pretty good and clean. but The air-conditioner didn't work well. so I felt really cold. and there are bad smell in the toilet. and i think the location of hostel was nice and people was kindly. thank u :)

• 19th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

I came in really late BC my flight was delayed. There was someone up waiting for me with my room key when I arrived and I paid in the morning. Good service. Clean rooms. Good location.

You really can't find a better location. So close to Nanjing road and the metro. The directions should mention that the street signs can be obscured by banners. I walked right passed the first turn but eventually found it. The staff is friendly. They let me leave my bags while I hunted down an ATM for my bank. The private rooms are nice. I can't comment too much on the social scene since I am only interested in a good night's sleep before heading out to meet friends.

Easily the best.

• 7th Feb 2015

Excellent! very easy to reach! it is 2nd time i arrive here, and i will return if i come back to shanghai! even they still have humidity problem. But it was great!

There was a bad smell at the lobby....burning sticks to cover the smell just made it worse!! The location was excellent! All in all, it was good. I would recommend it.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Greece

Our twin bed room was clean when we arrived and well equipped. Looks almost like a hotel and you get clean towels every day if you wish so. Unfortunately, the house keeping didn't clean the room at all during our 4 nights stay. We complained about that after 2 days at the reception but they didn't do anything. Furthermore there was a strange smell in the bathroom everyday, especially after having taken the shower. Nevertheless, still can recommend that hostel because of the perfect location!

I was surprised to have to pay the key deposit, since I'd never needed one before and nothing was mentioned about this on the HW profile nor in the personal e-mail after I paid the deposit. Apart from that, it had everything I needed in a hostel, locker with key, comfy bed & blankets, shower / bathroom, quiet at night.

• 16th Jan 2015

我住在南京路國際青年旅社。 可是服務員真的不親切。 如果我有時間,一定不住在這裡。 謝謝你。

It was inconvenient that Wi-Fi is only available on the first floor. Also, the water-pressure was not that strong on the fifth floor.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • South Korea

It was nice and pleasure moment. I was worried cause it was my first visit in China. The hostel I stayed is very reasonable price and the location is amazingly convenient.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Internet connection didnt work in the room.. need to go to the common room which is not convenient

So we know the location of this place is fantastic. It's cheap, it's modern and clean and great staff. I'd recommend without hesitation. So negatives: Very cramped room. I wouldn't care but I had a big suitcase this time It seems like there might be a mould problem on part of the ceiling. Visually bad but I couldn't smell or feel anything. Stupid locker/bed combinations. Why are lockers 3/4 next to beds 1/2, then lockers 1/2 are across the room next to beds 5/6 etc... Lockers are very big

We were six guys in three double rooms and we had a really pleasant stay. The only thing that wasn't satisfying was the smell in two of our bathrooms coming from the drain of the shower.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very helpful staff, excellent location

• 9th Dec 2014

So sad is No provide any Wash Kit .

• 8th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel is located in a very central area, and the price is hard to beat. However, the staff here were a bit cold, and the internet was not working for a day.. quite frustrating when you're traveling and need it to plan your trip. Other than that, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, and it was fairly quiet. This is not the best hostel to meet other people in though.

The location can't be more central, the hostel is surrounded by a local market and tons of restaurants. I got a private room, it's just a tad run down, but still relatively new. Bathroom is clean, and shower is hot. Could be a little noisy for rooms on the street side.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

i stayed there for a few nights, and even after changing room, i could still hear noises from next doors, outside the door, and on the upper floor. n there is no wifi in the room. the location is very good. there is no cleaning of room everyday. my friend wanted to check out early in the morning and could not find anyone around, so we had to come back in the afternoon to do it.

Nice place, very convenient location, very clean and staff speak English very well. Not much of a traveler's vibe but I was only here for one night so it didn't bother me...

« first « Prev 1 2 3