Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Nice place, very convenient location, very clean and staff speak English very well. Not much of a traveler's vibe but I was only here for one night so it didn't bother me...

1st floor was smelly which i could smell it in the lobby... The bathrooms are quite inconvenient as there are no space to put your clothes in some of the rooms.

Everything was good. Just spend one night there for going to the airport the next day

Close to the Bund; practically next to Nanjing Road - good location! Bedding had a couple of holes in it... but other than that, it was a nice hostel! The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Its a good place, excellent location.just this. Not a good spa e to make some "friends"., And any time that i asked for food "kitchen Was closed" Room is ok.

Very good location. Nearby the metro station, and close to the big shopping street. Nice breakfast (and cheap).

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

도미토리 썼는데 문도 자주 열려있고 아무래도 인원이 많아서 시끄럽고 자는데 계속 깸ㅠㅠ 그것뻬고 위치나 가격면은 만족 다음에도 묵을 의사가 있고 다음에 묵는다먄 도미토리는 노노

The staff wee polite and knowledgeable. The location was wonderful. The price was right. I would stay here again.

Let me start off by saying the location is prime. It's a 3 minute walk to Nanjing road. The actual building is nice too, seems very modern and new. However, this is not an international hostel. There are no events the staff puts on. There are no tours. Most of the guests seemed to be locals, and no one seemed to want to meet anyone. A hostel makes or breaks a city for me, and this one broke it. Additionally, I checked out 30 minutes late and got charged half a day. Would NOT recommend.

The location is perfect, one minute walk to East Nanjing road, 10 minutes walk to the bund and 10 minutes walk to the people square. 3 minutes from the subway. I didn't think there was a traveler vibe, there were lot's of Chinese and people who stay in the hostel for work of for a long time. But just because of the location I would go there. The WIFI connection was very bad in the rooms, in my room it didn't work. Only in the lobby.

You could stay here just for the location itself, you can't beat it. In addition, the staff was helpful and kind (helped us arrange a hostel on mt. Huangshan by phone) and kept our luggage for that trip, although for a small amount of money which I thought in the end we could've gotten for free since we were staying two more nights when coming back. Good dorms with separate toilet and shower which I know you appreciate when staying in a dorm.

Security: front door was open 24hours & I never actually saw anybody at the reception at night. Location: Very conveniently placed, 3 mins walk to subway, lots of restaurants/shops next door. Staff: helped whenever you asked. Cleanliness: We had little flies all over our shower in the dorm and the floor was always dirty... If I go back, I'd try a different room. Was in the room with 5 Chinese girls who were always very noisy and from 6-9am &quite inconsiderate tow. other ppl in the room

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Friendly little hostel with an amazing location, right near the East Nanjing Road metro station, and walking distance to the Bund and skyline views. Good lockers, swipe card access to rooms, and separate shower and toilet for each dorm room. Worth remembering the lift stops at 11pm, so the 5th floor can become a bit of a trek. Would definitely stay here again.

The hostel of my dreams: cheap, clean, right in the very centre of Shanghai. The personnel was polite and the service impeccable! I will certainly come back here again whenever I will visit Shanghai again.. excellent hostel!

• 24th Oct 2014

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

The room was bigger than we expected and quite clean (no cockroaches). The air conditioning worked perfectly, we had a nice shower and even a hair dryer in the bathroom. They provided us with fresh towels, but we had to buy shower gel and shampoo at the reception (1yuan each for one time use). The hostel is very well located and we had a wonderful stay, would definitely come again!

• Romania

We took the private twin room with own bathroom. The bathroom smelled. They had a nice wall made of pressed wood in the bedroom and another one in the bathroom. The one in the bathroom was already black by mold / rotting for 15 cms from the floor level. The reception lady came at 11:15 to hurry us to leave. We thought that check-out time was 11:00, but when we hurried down to check-out, the real time was 12. She just wanted to "make sure" that we leave on time.

• Spain

Stayed with my friends in a 6 bed dorm, with private lockers. Hostel is very close to metro station Nanjing Dong Lu and the shopping street. The dorm had its own bathroom which was really nice and clean. Definetely come here again! I can fully recommend this hostel!

Excellent location, just 2-3 mins walk to Nanjing east road metro (and of coz Nanjing East road shoppingh area). Very cosy and comfort room. There are even a little kitchen down there :D

Still my hostel of choice while passing through Shanghai.

Pros: - location, location, location - a good western style breakfast (that felt like a brunch) for under 50 RMB Cons: - the staff was not very friendly - even though it looks like a new, trendy hostel, after a couple of days you realize it is not the cleanest (talking about mold in a lot of places) - you can hear your neighbors playing music at 2 am, and your other neighbors screaming in the corridor at 8 am. Not good if you are jet lagged - the internet is too slow - couldn't skype home

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4