Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Really nice hostel but the staff lost my passport for a time and they weren't really concern about it.. Kind of disappointed about this. I finally take it back the day after but without any apologize..

Good location in Shanghai and easy to reach from the airport. Wifi decent for China although I didn't have signal in my dorm. Kitchen is lacking a lot of supplies. Breakfast not included. Overall I'd recommend.

The staff were polite and helpful. One of them helped guide our group to the hostel by speaking to our taxi driver when we got lost; East Nanjing station was not in service when we arrived. 4 bed dorm was very small but cosy in a way. We were pleased the room had lockers. The en-suite bathroom facilities were good. The room was clean, the bed linen was clean but some of it was stained. They should either find a better laundromat or replace stained linen. Food was good. Quiet place.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Good location, kind staff. Walls in the room were wet and there was a really weird smell in the corridor.

Excellent location. Very nice staff, asked them a lot of things and answered us everything with no problems. Wifi works good and they also have a computer which you can use. The bedrooms are very nice, the mattress are quite soft compared with other hostels in China. The only thing I would say is that the toilets smell a bit bad. Anyway, I will defiantly come back if I ever visit Shanghai again.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Spain

가성비, 위치 좋은 저렴한 숙소

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • South Korea

pretty close to subway station. clean. beds are comfortable. oh and to the owner of the hostel, please install some coat hangers in the toilet room. There ain't places to put your jacket or other items.

at this time,it was a first time to me to stay there and made a good relation in the room.so i have to learn,study english so hard and will make many friends.

I am confident to say that this hostel is one of the best in Shanghai. You can easily walk to Nanjingdongru and the Bund. Also it is hygienically well maintained. Strongly recommended!

Very good hostel with an exellent location. Could not find a better hostel for the price!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Norway

Perfect location, 3-minute walk from a metro station, 10-minute walk to the Bund. Rooms were good, not big but clean and the shared bathrooms were clean. Staff were OK!

the bar can be better, they dont make Jack Daniels with Coke

Great location and nice place!

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Room was small. Corridors were dark.

The twin deluxe room is very good. Clean. Nice decoration. Perfect location

The staffs have good english and are aways ready to help.

• 7th Sep 2015

Too impersonal. Like army barracks. Staff is too busy to answer questions, etc.

We had a good stay at mingtown however we had s few problems with the air con as the remote was difficult to locate. It was a great location and easy to find the subway. The staff spoke little English and were unwilling to help us. The American breakfast was very good and I strongly recommend trying it :).

Check-in and out takes sometimes too long due to a queue! It is a Youth Hostel, therefore you can't expect it to be quite throughout the night!

Good position and the room was spacious and clean. Staff very polite but a bit cold, as Chinese cannot be considered properly "friendly". The only big downside is that the wifi didn't work at all in my room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4